Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 (74047 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia : FIFA Women World Cup (3 - 2) On 27th July 2023 / AFCON 2021: Rep Of Guinea Vs Malawi (1 - 0) On 10th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by humberjade: 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
EniHolar:
England go hot o

We can't play against England like we've done so far in this tourney, we go collect at least 3 goals. They are the European Champions, although they have not hit top gear in this tourney...I pray make dem no use us catch form.😅

Russo, James and Kelly, those ladies are 🔥🔥🔥

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by o42austino(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
Good harvest today

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Sonnobax15(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

Nigeria had the opportunity to top the group for the first time ever but they blew it.

They could have played a smaller opposition in the next stage but they will meet England.

Look at them celebrating a loss.

Mehn Africa is very cursed!!
. Sharap mr. Man....Una go just dey talk anyhow..Like say if you get chance to play street football, whether you no go faint within less than 20 minutes undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by phantom95: 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
I think this weakest team is ranked 22nd in the world

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by pargelenis(m): 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
The style of the Falcons reminds me of Greece in the 2004 Euros … defense wins championships cool
(It’s OK to dream)

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
N3TRAL:

Appreciate those girls. The header from Kanu which the Irish keeper stopped was world class for women's football.

They can beat England if they go with a strong mindset and strategy.
the goal missed by oshoala should have gone in
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Galaticos444: 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
Galaticos444:
Let's don't get emotional, Nigeria will qualify cos I see Australia beating Canada 2-0 but I see Nigeria drawing or Ireland winning Nigeria 1-0
I knew Nigeria won't win d match and Australia was going to win
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
seunlayi:
This is super falcon 2nd to the last game in this championship. England will always teach us something
shame no go gree you come online come Monday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
Galaticos444:
I knew Nigeria won't win d match and Australia was going to win
yes u understand the game... those girls knew what they were doing.. that header should have gone in and that would have been it
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Suspect33(m): 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
Tabletuner:

See this one wants to deny his country because of a woman.
with nothing on the line, I'll still deny my country
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Jaybee3456: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Anyways our setup fits a knockout game, just hope the team pulls through
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Bashon: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
Super Falcons, most likely going to play England, in the second round.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Idiko1: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nigerians have to work on three fundamentals of football: passing, trapping and controlling the ball. It is very frustrating to watch Nigerian girls either passing the ball errantly or aimlessly to their opponents. The coaches must conduct a serious session of passing the ball to a teammate without looking to the floor. How could so-called professional players still trap the ball for an opponent? Even when they managed to pass the ball correctly, few teammates cannot control the ball. If Nigerians can get really good on the mental aspect of this game, they could ride to the final match.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Tobacco2: 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
i pray we go very far for this tournament
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by OLamylove: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
OriOko88:
FIFA really underate us sha. How will fifa rank us 48 in d world. This super falcon can hold on any of the top ten teams and even beat them. I like our defensive approach. Any team wey go beat us in d tournament will surely sweat. Comon girls!!
It's not Underate, The FIFA rankings is similar to a league table, it's your performance overtime that determines Your Ranking

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by OLamylove: 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

Nigeria had the opportunity to top the group for the first time ever but they blew it.

They could have played a smaller opposition in the next stage but they will meet England.

Look at them celebrating a loss.

Mehn Africa is very cursed!!
Would you have Preferred we where Knocked out? Where is the Curse There
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by FBS: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
Tobacco2:
i pray we go very far for this tournament
They can if they stay focused.

I'm here mainly because Naija dey play and supporting them with full chest. 😀

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
Idiko1:
Nigerians have to work on three fundamentals of football: passing, trapping and controlling the ball. It is very frustrating to watch Nigerian girls either passing the ball errantly or aimlessly to their opponents. The coaches must conduct a serious session of passing the ball to a teammate without looking to the floor. How could so-called professional players still trap the ball for an opponent? Even they managed to pass the ball. few teammates cannot control the ball. If Nigerians can get really good on the mental aspect of this game, they could ride to the final match.
so u mean girls playing professional football can't trap the ball? Did you watched our first game? Why are Nigerians so ungrateful like this? This girls against All odds made it to the round of 16..be happy they've tried
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by PROPHETmichael: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
humberjade:

We can't play against England like we've done so far in this tourney, we go collect at least 3 goals. They are the European Champions, although they have not hit top gear in this tourney...I pray make dem no use us catch form.😅

Russo, James and Kelly, those ladies are 🔥🔥🔥

England are not necessarily playing well themselves, they've been struggling to score goals. So expect a boring game

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by MatrixReloaded: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
Idiko1:
Nigerians have to work on three fundamentals of football: passing, trapping and controlling the ball. It is very frustrating to watch Nigerian girls either passing the ball errantly or aimlessly to their opponents. The coaches must conduct a serious session of passing the ball to a teammate without looking to the floor. How could so-called professional players still trap the ball for an opponent? Even they managed to pass the ball. few teammates cannot control the ball. If Nigerians can get really good on the mental aspect of this game, they could ride to the final match.
They are bunch of lazy athletes. See that one wey comot cloth celebretae wetin she for celebrate if she score against Japanese omen's team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by MatrixReloaded: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
Helper1000:
so u mean girls playing professional football can't trap the ball? Did you watched our first game? Why are Nigerians so ungrateful like this? This girls against All odds made it to the round of 16..be happy they've tried
That one wey comot cloth sabi trap ball. Even her open chance wey she trap ball go give goal keeper come keep leg like turning garri stick play ball throw away. Dey talk true if u c am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by JoshTim: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
How Oshoala missed those two goals is still baffling...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by N3TRAL: 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2023
donem:
Super Falcons just played like their brothers the super Eagles/Chickens.

As a staunch supporter of Oshoala, she is yet to have a sublime performance, since the commencement of this world cup, even today her performance was nothing to write home about, and she ended up getting a needless yellow card after scoring an error induced goal in our last match.

Barcelona's Oshoala in Nigeria is the equivalent of Bayern's/Barcelona's Lewandowski in Poland or Man City's Haaland in Norway.

She's consistently performed wonders against top teams at the Champions League which is top tier European football. I doubt any Irish player can lace her boots. I can't blame her. Elite footballers struggle to shine in teams that are not set-up like the ones they're used to.

Super Falcons do not have the best of resources but are really trying!

Her goal helped Nigeria avoid a draw with Australia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by SirL0neWolf(m): 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
o42austino:
Good harvest today

Bro come show me love na cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by helinues: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
humberjade:

England is topping the group without doubt, and they need just a draw to achieve that.

Even if they lose, as long as they don't concede more than 1 goal, they are good to go
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by FBS: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
donem:
Super Falcons just played like their brothers the super Eagles/Chickens.

As a staunch supporter of Oshoala, she is yet to have a sublime performance, since the commencement of this world cup, even today her performance was nothing to write home about, and she ended up getting a needless yellow card after scoring an error induced goal in our last match.
She had one very good chance but used the wrong technique. After that, she was just jogging around.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

That one wey comot cloth sabi trap ball. Even her open chance wey she trap ball go give goal keeper come keep leg like turning garri stick play ball throw away. Dey talk true if u c am.
you wey Sabi trap.. who know u?
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Idiko1: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
Helper1000:

You are typical Nigerian, very mediocratic.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by youngsahito(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
chymeze:
What exactly is this Nigerian team celebrating for? They played one of the weakest teams in this tournament and could only scrape a draw even when they had the chance to win this group. To me, this team is a huge failure. Their play was horrible. Couldn't create consistently good chances against this team. I don't see this Nigerian team going past the next round. They might end up being disgraced. I was really embarrassed that they were even rejoicing over a draw against a little team like Ireland. Australia and Canada should have gone through in my opinion
Why don't you put them through, you will just open mouth and yarn rubbish. Have you ever played football in your life?
Canada defeated Ireland and collect big beating from Australia, what can u say about that. You would never appreciate what you have only to criticize always and no be say u ft play 10 mins for field like that.
Isi ewu Gambia.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Idiko1: 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

They are bunch of lazy athletes. See that one wey comot cloth celebretae wetin she for celebrate if she score against Japanese omen's team.

She is the first suspect!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by chymeze: 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
youngsahito:
Why don't you put them through, you will just open mouth and yarn rubbish. Have you ever played football in your life?
Canada defeated Ireland and collect big beating from Australia, what can u say about that. You would never appreciate what you have only to criticize always and no be say u ft play 10 mins for field like that.
Isi ewu Gambia.
You think Nigeria win against Australia because they good? Continue deceiving yourself. Nigeria defeated Australia because the Australians were terrible in that day and their performance against Canada showed it all. Watch how England would pulverize your team. I hate mediocrity and people who think and live averagely

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by KingDash09(m): 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
Make this super falcons come back nothing them sabi

Them go gather scarbs

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA / World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.