Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate (90224 Views)

Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT / IPOB Publishes List Of Fulani Sponsored Terror Groups, Sends List To White House / Buhari Sends List Of NDDC Board To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2023
nedzuby:

The ones for me is Prof Pate and Olawale Edun

Dora anite nko?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2023
freemanq:
Am not impressed with this list no surprises

Why
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by ufuosman(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

He will relinquish one
πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
optimusprime2:

There are some unknown individuals, true.
The unknowns may be the technocrats, true.

However, after a thorough check, 70% of the names on that list are politicians (ex governors, senators, APC political faithfuls et al), what will be the technical impact of a politician occupying a technical role in these times when experts are needed in critical roles??

To make matters worse, the portfolios were not even assigned, meaning the appointments can be based on a "situational selection to role" condition.

Once again we will be witnessing some more square pegs in round holes. Business as usual.

Oga 15 of the 28 names are technocrats or non politicians.you don't need to be told that wale edun or adelabu will get either finance

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
JB4life:
Does it mean ministerial appointment is more ,,' lucrative' than Senatorial office?

By far
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by tunjidare2(m): 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by baralatie(m): 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
xpiranza88:
This list be like omo Igbo plenty pass ohh... undecided
Na the election game be that nauπŸ’ͺ
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by baralatie(m): 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

Oga 15 of the 28 names are technocrats or non politicians.you don't need to be told that wale edun or adelabu will get either finance
Techn start abi Tecno elections
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Ttipsy(f): 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

See this kid.psndora is in hell
funny enough! I don’t support illiterates. All Nigerian politicians are all going to rot in hell including you dumb followers
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Morbeta11(m): 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
kokorokoman:
funny, being a senator representing just few local govts in your state is no where near being a minister.
And for you to say it is foolish sounds foolish to me, because how would you think you know better than a man that has been a politician for years, a man that has political advisers, aides?

Senator is elected, and cannot be sacked the executive but can only be recalled by his constitutents. While Minister is an appointment and can be sacked by the executive at anytime.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by ChiefS(m): 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2023
In two months he couldn't get a complete list of ministers from each state of the federation. A list folled with politicians.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
baralatie:

Techn start abi Tecno elections

Have you seen Dora anite or musawa partaking in politics?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
ChiefS:
In two months he couldn't get a complete list of ministers from each state of the federation. A list folled with politicians.
There are more non politicians
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by juman(m): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
@Fagbemi.

Oyun people thank jagaban.
Its opportunity to serve.
Jagabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
We are in control of the country.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by ChiefS(m): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
garfield1:

90% of those on the list are politicians. If you don't know their names doesn't mean they are not politicians!!!!
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Machinegun91(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
2 of my Bosses made it.

I pray they remember me
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by juman(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
Tell one country in the world that their ministers are not mostly politicians?

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by donphilopus: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
Tradman:
bros I'm not seeing any Etsako name on the list

Abubakar Momoh.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by fortune1968: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
wegevv:
Again, where is Kwankwaso lol

cc: garfield1

PS: I hear he's there but why do nairaland list keep omitting him?
Kwakwanso is being prepared to become the new APC chairman .
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by donphilopus: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2023
xjiggy:
When Oshiomole was delivering Edo north senatorial district to APC, the rest of the State was shouting LP. Nobody should reap where they did not sow. This is politics for you.

Has Akoko Edo ever produced a Minister? Didn't we vote for APC?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by garfield1: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2023
ChiefS:

90% of those on the list are politicians. If you don't know their names doesn't mean they are not politicians!!!!

Oga,I know almost all of them.prof Joseph usev,musawa,Betta edu,amb tugga,wale edun,adelabu,okotete,ohanenye,Doris anite are they politicians

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by 1phone(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2023
Yet
Because this is not final list
Racoon:
Happy for Prof Pate. He is a thorough bred. Kudos to Tinubu for that but he is still seating on a fraudulent electoral mandate. Thank goodness former Atiku Badaru and Gandollar didn't enter that list.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by ChiefS(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ebubu2:
he will step down from one.
It's a high risk to resign as a serving senator. What if tribunal sacks Tinubu? What if Tinubu quarrels with him or feels he has performed abysmally and removes him from office?
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Sensiblerealist: 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
My brother, many are truly mad but few are roaming.
And he will be one mugu wey inn papa dey wan push from home by force make enfornstop to dey give chop money

Juzec:
I taya for the unprovoked attack too grin
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by juman(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
I am waiting for names like jide kosoko, okocha, etc.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by donphilopus: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
seunmsg:

Well, Bini and Esan people voted against APC at the presidential election.

I'm from Akoko Edo which is part of Edo North. We've never produced a Minister. Etsako has Oshiomhole who happens to be the Senator representing Edo North, the immediate past Minister of State for Budget and National Planning is Etsako, the current deputy governor (though PDP) is from Etsako. The ministerial nominee should have been from Akoko Edo since Owan already has Ihonvbere as the Leader of the House of Reps.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by donphilopus: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Which is the Edo name on the list?

Abubakar Momoh.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by babyfaceafrica: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
chivic:

[b]How can he leave a secured 4 years job of 25 million per month and go for a job of about less than 2m per month where you can be fired .[/b]Though it depends .I belief Tinubu just want to use it to buy time and later change them.

But is it that he could not find another person but the ones that where elected .That's does not sound good

You won't understand. Wait till you see the position he will get. Money wey dey minister na die
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by planetx: 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
Same old faces nothing new or exciting. Goodluck Nigerians.
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by babyfaceafrica: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
JB4life:
Does it mean ministerial appointment is more ,,' lucrative' than Senatorial office?

Yes depending on the position.

Offices like power, works, defense, mines, oil, finance better pass senator
Re: President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate by Sheggy13(m): 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
spencekat:
If I were him,I will remain at the Senate.
I believe the President must have intimated him of this and he's fine with it. Perhaps a ministerial position especially of a powerful ministry like Works is more 'juicy' than being a floor member in the Senate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender / Kyari Is A Billionaire With Posh Houses, Sells Seized Cars - Sahara Reporters / Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.