Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? (36772 Views)

Would Dangote Be This Rich In America? / The Get Rich Quick Syndrome In Nigeria / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by phr33man(m): 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
HugeElephant:
Sincere Question, "how do prople get rich?".
I want to base the question on Nigeria alone.
How do Nigerians get rich ?

I look around and all i see is just salary earners, youth into poultry farming, fisheries,
POS stand, hairdressers, carpenters, Gambling and bet, modernized TAXI drivers making use of some apps, clothe sellers and many more?
Basically, many are not even living an average life. We are living below the average.

I have been wondering, how can i escape from this "below average life" or "average life"?
i look around me and watch the TV. On the media and in songs, you hear different adoration of some Nigerians who had achieved the wealth threshold. How did they do it? i am sorry if i sound crazy!

For some of these rich people, you wonder, how was the struggle?
How were they able to build their friendship base. How were they able to survive the government's myriad taxation.
may bodies under the state government will charge you, my bodies under the federal government will charge you too.
if taxation doesn't kill your business, you go dey pray make thieves no ruin your business.

i would have asked, How do people get rich around the world, but the world is too large and answers i might get may not be applicable to the society i currently live in.
big respect to everyone that has been able to achieve wealth...

Be passionate about solving societal problems with your integrity intact. It's very hard and will take between 5-7 years to start making millions quarterly. Double, triple, quadruple or any multiple you can think off to hit the billionaire mark after 15-30 years.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Kimiso(m): 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Double it
You got to double your huzzle son with sense

Have been on this my computer table since yesterday

Just double it son

Ain't gonna sleep..

are you a disk jockey boss
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by segcymoor(m): 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2023
money121:

Oluwanishola

Okare... Omo odua

1 Like

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Runtown07: 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Double it

Just double it son

Ain't gonna sleep..
Are u into tech or what.

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Runtown07: 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Double it

Just double it son

Ain't gonna sleep..
Are u into tech or what.

Are u into Tech.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Jefferyhi86(m): 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
Exactly, dats why some of them no de gree carry person along.
Natbrowny:
Looting
Money Laundering
Drugs selling in guise of Club Houses
Homosexuality
Gun and weapon trafficking
Prostitution and running a ring of it
Human trafficking
Child trafficking
Armed Robbery
Generals in the army
CEO of a large business (who probably started from any of the above to create his business and becomes CEO wearing suit)
Shaded deals

1 Like

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Offpointng: 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
Etosha:
It starts from the MIND. If you are rich in the mind it will transform into physical riches, but if your mind is poor, only heaven can help you.

Spare me and every other sane persons this nonsense
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Natbrowny: 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
Jefferyhi86:
Exactly, dats why some of them no de gree carry person along.

They actually can carry you along
Join the crew
Follow the code of conduct

These guys aint joking around

Professionalism and Confidentiality

Its a cult. Not d naija school nonsense oo. A CULT with codes of conducts
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by tctrills: 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Do you know that 75% of RICH people Today were poor 25, 30 years ago?😒.

E.g. the likes of Elumelu, Apostle Johnson Suleiman, Chris Oyakhilome,etc.

Stop Mocking Pple! 😕 sad
Another poor motivational speaker. Now learn, I was not mocking. I was only pointing out that the blind can't lead the blind
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by HugeElephant(f): 10:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
tctrills:
99.99% of those advising on this thread are living in poverty. Poor people are very good at advising others.

Haahaha I find this post both intriguing and funny. But it still leads to the fact that poverty is rife in 9ja
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Reinamaria(f): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Double it

Just double it son

Ain't gonna sleep..

Tell me you're into crypto. undecided
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by HugeElephant(f): 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2023
serverconnect:
Believe in God that you will make it. Then, determine your path to succeed.
When I saw your posting, water trickled down my eyes. I trust him but the reality is different
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by omojeesu(m): 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
HugeElephant:

I look around and all i see is just salary earners, youth into poultry farming, fisheries,
POS stand, hairdressers, carpenters, Gambling and bet, modernized TAXI drivers making use of some apps, clothe sellers and many more?
Basically, many are not even living an average life. We are living below the average.

I have been wondering, how can i escape from this "below average life" or "average life"?
i look around me and watch the TV. On the media and in songs, you hear different adoration of some Nigerians who had achieved the wealth threshold. How did they do it? i am sorry if i sound crazy!

How were they able to build their friendship base. How were they able to survive the government's myriad taxation.
may bodies under the state government will charge you, my bodies under the federal government will charge you too.
if taxation doesn't kill your business, you go dey pray make thieves no ruin your business.

i would have asked, How do people get rich around the world, but the world is too large and answers i might get may not be applicable to the society i currently live in.

Learn about passive income and add it to your active income!

Learn about forex and crypto, affiliate marketing, multi level network marketing, etc

Let no one deceive you: Don't join a cult or belong to some secret group. Don't sell your soul to Satan.

Read books e.g. those of Kiyosaki and Eric Woore

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by konshency(m): 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
The number one got me.... Belonging is the key
LikeAking:
First of all you have to belong.

Secondly you have to be informed.

Thirdly you need to have talents.

And last but not the least you need to solve a problem..

Many people are making money, but they hide it..

Those ones you mentioned can't be hidden, so everyone jump on them.

But above all you have to belong first.

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by omojeesu(m): 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
HugeElephant:

WHY PEOPLE REMAIN & WILL REMAIN POOR & AVERAGE AND ARE UNWILLING TO BE SET FREE

The masses and the middle class generally lack the knowledge to become rich & wealthy. In addition they are blind and deaf to opportunities that can potentially liberate them into the realm of wealth and riches. In fact when such opportunities are offered they are promptly rejected or produce untenable excuses why they can't.

The few to very few Elites who run the world, for the evil god of this world have overtly and covertly, institutionalized a schooling and information system of propaganda and brainwash that established and actively promotes slave & poverty mentality narratives perpetuated from generation to generation e.g.

1. Half bread is better than none.
2. A bird at hand is better than two in the bush.
3. Eni l'eku meji a p'ofo.
4. "Do it alone" mentality.
5. "I don't want people to know how I am making money"
6. "To make money, you must work & work very hard"
7. "To make money get a job"
8. I don't want to take risks!
9. I want to put my money where I can see it.
10. To be rich save, save & save.
11. To make money go to formal school.
12. Anything other than working for money is a scam!

Etc, etc

They lack the critical knowledge about the wealth creation power of social network and connections, leverage, passive income and referral commission.

These are not taught in the school!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by olaztek(m): 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nigeria is not designed for hardworking people. No matter how hard you work, there's something that will be dragging you back, be it epileptic power supply, multiple taxation or thieves disguised as employees.

Many rich Nigerians you see riding cars and owning multiple buildings made money through fraud. Politicians, company staff and bank managers down to the cleaners and security men are into one fraud or another.

And you as a jobless man is wondering why there are few job opportunities. There are fewer jobs because your fellow Nigerians are killing and choking life out of the available companies established by real local and foreign entrepreneurs through extreme fraud.

And that's the reason many establishments collapsed before 5 years of their existence.

6 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by temmyraj(m): 11:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
Do you have a business that pays you daily

Let me show you a business Link that put smiles on my face daily...

Follow me on WhatsApp for more info. Here below
Wa. Link/pasncq
OR
081241 50 194
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by damzy88: 12:55am On Jul 28, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

Yes Sir, that's why I do check Nairaland daily. I was telling someone in my community that their is an electric bike but he said it's not possible. I saw a plant that the seeds is around 30k per 1kg today Online and funny enough the plant is hardly grown in Nigeria whereas it can grow. So, information is very important, another is positioning, books you read, movie you watch, your discussion with people, friends you make can influence. Are you making doers as friends or complainers? There are some people that sees problem in Everytime you see solution. Those kind of people will stunt your growth. Most world billionaires has a secret and it's getting to invest in a business first. You see musk investment in space X, bezoz in blue origin and Richard Branson in virgin Atlantic. Why is it always them, the reason is the see a gold mine in space investment and each of them want to get it done first.
In Nigeria also, you see Dangote coming into refinery business, his counterpart BUA is doing the same in Akwa ibom. So, what I see is their is always something new to invest in, and if those billionaires know about it, they will want to get their first.
The way we think is also important, our thinking classify us into different phases of wealth. Some will think of borrowing money from Bank not minding the risk of debt, he will established business, he will set up business, once the business booms, those who are scared of taking loan will be under him paying them peanut. They don't have to envy him because he's thinking made him where he's. what if he wasn't able to pay the loan?
If you give each Nigerians 1 million naira, after a month, some will still say they are poor. That's a function of thinking, management, financial intelligence.

Look at movie industry now, you can start shooting movie from your room and make millions of naira within a year. There's a skit maker called Erekere, I just know him some months ago, as at January this year, I don't even know him and am sure he wasn't popular then, but this week he bought Benz, Before you buy ordinary house during the era of Babasuwe you can be in the industry for eternity. What internet does to the like of Tems, Boy spyce, Asake is very incredible, During era of 2face, before people go Know you in industry, you can use 10 years, look at Tems winning Grammy, Boy spyce that Don jazzy took last year singing a song making number 10 on Apple chat some time ago. What of Asake, that one is so surprising, he sold 02 Arena tickets within 5 minutes and the website crash. What the like of Wizkid and burna do use like weeks to sell. Asake limelight isn't up to 2 years and he is getting 8 nominees in headies and 2 nominees in Grammy next year. So, in essence, one must learn what is needed of people are what sell in that Era. Most artiste are shifting back to Netflix because they know it's the next big deal. One must not be rigid in decision, and be diversified and not hate trying something new, keep trying something new and also believe in God.
Word!
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by emmaodet: 1:07am On Jul 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:
You are now on the right path to living the poverty trap that has held many down ...the only way to get rich is to do what the majority have refused to do and that is going the riskiest route always , the riskiest routes hold all the rewards you seek

Hmmmmmm

Soooo true
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by HugeElephant(f): 1:20am On Jul 28, 2023
tctrills:
99.99% of those advising on this thread are living in poverty. Poor people are very good at advising others.
At this point I don't care where advice comes from. I just want to escape this sector of life where I feel entrapped.

I believe life can be better for me and I can make it better for others too (hopefully).
Since I don't have a rich person to mentor me, I am staying up all night to listen to and analyze all the respons I get on this thread

God bless Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by HugeElephant(f): 1:24am On Jul 28, 2023
Chopkiss:
Forest trading
Forest money or Forex money?
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by HugeElephant(f): 1:27am On Jul 28, 2023
anungangampu:
It depends on tribe. We wey serve for 7yrs knows nothing about most things said here, but we dey ball.
I don't understand this
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by HugeElephant(f): 1:41am On Jul 28, 2023
Abudu2000:
non of those you mentioned came out of a poor home. Eh suleman keh his dad was a govt worker now pentioned. Don’t allow these rich ppl be giving bobo juice, apostle suleman went to uniben, back those days you could write jamb 5X and still not gain that admission. The main secret to wealth is a wealthy background. Take me for instance, i have worked millions but still not a big man, why? Because the responsibilities weighing me down, no help no support. Some people have never lived in face me face u house in their lives, seyi tinubu children will never pay agent and agreement fee in their whole lives, why? Because the foundation has been laid.

All of you saying “solve a problem” “have talent “ you think cristiano or messi are world best players? Keep dreaming, messi got the chance because he was brought into the team via connection, he was selected out of over 100 names submitted. My first year I didn’t gain admission until i used money to sort even when i got a higher score in jamb. That is life!! The poor willl always be slave to the rich.

You said The main secret to wealth is a wealthy background, for a person like me that didn't come from a wealth background, how can I get to be "selected" out of 100 other humans?

I have tried to build connections and make friends but I discover that, most people think I am well off and wants to beg me for money.
But the irony is I am just a lonely, struggling unmarried young man.

When I don't give them money for data, or borrow them 3k, they start to distance themselves from me. They don't understand I don't have too.
Its as if everyone within my age bracket needs help too and are poor.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Elxandre(m): 3:22am On Jul 28, 2023
HugeElephant:

You said The main secret to wealth is a wealthy background, for a person like me that didn't come from a wealth background, how can I get to be "selected" out of 100 other humans?

I have tried to build connections and make friends but I discover that, most people think I am well off and wants to beg me for money.
But the irony is I am just a lonely, struggling unmarried young man.

When I don't give them money for data, or borrow them 3k, they start to distance themselves from me. They don't understand I don't have too.
Its as if everyone within my age bracket needs help too and are poor.
You have nothing to benefit from those who distance themselves from you because of data.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 3:26am On Jul 28, 2023
obaidan:
Plenty ways.
1. By working hard
2. By working smart,
3. By being fraudulent

The first one is the hardest route that will make you rich, but it's the one that will give you the most peace.
The second one in some cases have element of the third one.

This has always been my favourite and it doesn't have to have the element of the third one. Working hard has its own tolls and being fraudulent sometime has consequences
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by obaidan: 5:19am On Jul 28, 2023
maasoap:

This has always been my favourite and it doesn't have to have the element of the third one. Working hard has its own tolls and being fraudulent sometime has consequences
I agree with you and like I said "in some cases" not all cases.....I personally would advice people to combine working hard and smart(in higher proportion)
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by orisa37: 5:36am On Jul 28, 2023
kastellas no de arrest anyhow! They are LOCAL CRIMINALS. NO FEDERAL POWER.
IGR-INTERNALLY GENERATED ROBBERY.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Sabibizness: 6:10am On Jul 28, 2023
Hey bro,
Your time to shine is coming so long as your hands are not idle.
Double your hustle.
Go on YouTube, search for the channel called she inspires biznes(see the attached image below). In that channel, you will find over 40 business ideas there. Choose the one you want and get started.
Best wishes🤝

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by nograv: 6:22am On Jul 28, 2023
HugeElephant:

As a man who knows the elites in Nigeria. ONE WORD 'CONNECTIONS'

Everything naija traces back to OIL and your proximity to it.

All politicians do is steal oil money. All so called business people do is service political contracts based on oil money. While some have direct access to oil money in the form of oil blocks..

Everything else is based on trickle down from the above....

Lesson over
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 6:25am On Jul 28, 2023
Evolutionlove:

This is what I usually tell people.

So you got to the post of MD and you couldn't fortify yourself. I'm even more concerned about how you got to MD Level. That means you have been very lucky or perhaps your mother's prayers have been protecting you all the while.

You think your downlines workers are joking with you lol. Some of them are eyeing your position and they want you out by all means. Some of them have powerful occultic parents/friends whom they will take your matter to. Seems you don't know Nigerians.

Esu and Water Demons are the Sole owner of Wealth and Fame.

All the Africa Dieties are still very much alive.

You can never make it BIG from the Scratch as a nobody ordinarily in Nigeria. NEVER!!!

Even most of those White People you see are into Occultism and Spiritualism and they are way advanced than the rest of the world.

Eku ise. People like you, nothing can be said to you to change your mentality and mindset. Enjoy your belief
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 6:28am On Jul 28, 2023
tctrills:
Your contribution is useless and meaningless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NDIC Shuts Down 42 Microfinance Banks / Hauwa Indimi's Bridal Shower Photos / Amusing Names Nigerians Give Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.