Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,150 members, 7,829,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins (22562 Views)

Governor Ambode, Others Attend Nigeria’s Ultimate Automobile And Bike Show. / Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft? / How To Avoid Buying A Flooded Car From The US? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by boyt1: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2011
i need a Keke napep with full option, A/C, Mp3/CD , power steering, electronics windows etc. for a foreign expertrate based in Apapa Lagos.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Princek12(m): 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2011
Siena:

^^^ And your point is?

there are too many ITKs on this thread
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Princek12(m): 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2011
Somorin#1:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

American Honda is a separate conglomerate from it's Japanese cousin
. They have a design facility here and completely manufacture the American Hondas here and not just building cars from CKD units like Innoson is doing.

I'm exiting stage left here.

you are an I too Know. I also live in Yankee, and what you just said is pure bull. Remember when Toyota Camry's had an acceleration problem, the United States Congress subpoenaed the CEO of Toyota Motor Company from Japan to answer for the acceleration malfunctions in the Toyota Camry. Which kind of separate conglomerate are you talking about? Honda America is a subsidiary of (and owned by) Honda Motor Company in Japan. see the wiki link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Honda_Motor_Company

It is people like you who are olodos and  fail multiple choice exams simply because you over-think and over-analyze the question and answers. Honda, Toyota, Infiniti, and blah blah blah are Japanese brands. Regardless of the location of their design facility, their technology and country of origin is still Japanese.

Same thing with Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and blah blah blah. They are all German cars.

According to you, Peugeot is a Nigerian car, not a French car, because it is being assembled in Nigeria.

According to you, any country in which an assembly or design plant is built assumes claim to ownership of the car. Seriously?

Give us a break with this your jagbajantis, I too know attitude. Abeg. Or do you think we do not that some car companies have design or assembly facilities in other countries?
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2011
Audi Q7 and Siena.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 10, 2011
Princek12:

there are too many ITKs on this thread

what is ITKs ?
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2011
jidegirl12:

what is ITKs ?

"I Too Know." In a nutshell, Smart Alec kids (apparently).
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by pkv(m): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
boy t:

i need a Keke napep with full option, A/C, Mp3/CD , power steering, electronics windows etc. for a foreign expertrate based in Apapa Lagos.
i got one with a bulletproof and bombproof body, but is made in borno, contact me if u r intrested
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Ikenna351(m): 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2011
Pls, for the over ITKs, Peugeot products produced in Nigeria are made in Nigeria. No doubt about that. But they are French technology, not Nigerians. They were/are designed for Nigerian road use( Nigerian spec). They might differ in specifications, shapes,etc. from ones produced in France & other Euro countries, but they still remain French cars. The Peugeot plant here in Nigeria is more of a branch of Peugeot France. Consider Peugeot France as the Headquaters. The same thing is applicable to Toyota, Honda & other Japanese vehicles that have their plants in North America & various countries of Europe. They are all branches of the companies in Asia. The branches might partner with the host government, just like Peugeot partnered with Nigerian Government, hence PAN. But they still remain & owned by their companies, in their countries of origin. Globalcom has started operation in Ghana. Does that then mean that Globalcom in Ghana is not owned by Adenuga or a branch of Glo Nigeria? Likewise MTN that originated from South Africa. Maybe, you want to tell me now that MTN is a Nigerian company, owned by Nigerians.

To reply to what the thread is all about, below is the info of my car:

Country of production: France.
Brand, product & model: Peugeot, 505 V6 5-speed Manual, 1987 model.
Origin of the Brand: France.

Ikenna.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by MMM2(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
thinking
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 12, 2011
M M M:

thinking

What are you thinking of bro?
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 22, 2011
@ Siena. what is the best family SUV or minivan aside from Siena (i m taking it back)
I am thinking;(all 7 seats)

Navigator

4matic

Sequoia

Dodge Caravan (pure water here now)

Quest (the old one looks sleeker than the new one dont you think?)

Hyhundai

Just need your opinion tho, I want the one i can easily reach the kids from the front seat if you know what i mean.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by GoldCircle: 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2011
jidegirl12:

@ Siena. what is the best family SUV or minivan aside from Siena (i m taking it back)
I am thinking;(all 7 seats)

Navigator

4matic

Sequoia

Dodge Caravan (pure water here now)

Quest (the old one looks sleeker than the new one dont you think?)

Hyhundai

Just need your opinion tho, I want the one i can easily reach the kids from the front seat if you know what i mean.

If you ask me, I'll tell you to go for the Volvo XC! its simply a wonder on wheels and the ideal family SUV.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by sultaan(m): 2:35am On Oct 24, 2011
USA

Maybach

Tesla

Saleen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) / A Thread On Car Tracking / Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.