Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis (1402 Views)

Why Scientist Never Look At Creation Stories/myths? / There Are Two Creation Stories In Genesis And Two Flood Stories / Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by Maynman: 2:23am On Aug 04, 2023
mbaise1000:

I will answer you like this: I believe that personally God created me to live a good life and that I am among THOSE that He wrote their name in the book of life from the foundation of the world, and I know that there are things required of THOSE, and I am doing THOSE things and having in mind that there are things I am supposed to avoid, though it is not easy, but that is my hope, I decide to push on, it's a choice, I made, that's free will.
another person may decide to live anyhow, and not follow that way that leads to that salvation, and believe whatever he WANTS, it's his choice, and this person certainly must have heard that there is a way to live to be SAVED, that is why Jesus Said that the gospel must be preached to the end of the earth before the world, that it will be a witness against THOSE that does not believe.
Try thinking for yourself, don’t regurgitate what you have been told.
See, If he is all knowing and is the beginning to end, you have no freewill.

In your bible, it says seek knowledge not BELIEFS.
Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by mbaise1000: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

Try thinking for yourself, don’t regurgitate what you have been told.
See, If he is all knowing and is the beginning to end, you have no freewill.

In your bible, it says seek knowledge not BELIEFS.

Do you believe what the bible say? And who created you? How DID you get here?
Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by Maynman: 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
mbaise1000:

Do you believe what the bible say? And who created you? How DID you get here?
Why do i need to believe a book?
My parents gave birth to me.

Why do you believe a book?
Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by Caveatemptor(m): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
mbaise1000:

Will you agree that God knows exactly those who will be saved even BEFORE they are born?

I will leave all what you wrote above to other readers on whether it is reasonable or not. As for me how you explain freewill to Yahweh hardening Pharaoh’s heart(predetermination) sounds absurd. undecided

1 Like

Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by Dtruthspeaker: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
Caveatemptor:

Oga,
I am not the entity claiming omnipotence . Stop comparing mortal beings to self claimed omnipotent beings. The concept of an omnipotent being taking a rest is ridiculous. The concept of an omniscient entity having regrets and being sad because of his actions is just so absurd!

Do you not hear the unreasonability of your words?

Does a caterpiller stop being strong because it is resting?

Is God not a "Being" entitled to His Rest if He so chooses?

You are just plain unreasonable and evil. I bet if you had servants you will work them to death
Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by Caveatemptor(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you not hear the unreasonability of your words?

Does a caterpiller stop being strong because it is resting?

Is God not a "Being" entitled to His Rest if He so chooses?

You can just plain unreasonable and evil. I bet if you had servants you will work them to death

See an omniscient entity regretting its actions. Plain absurdity!!!

Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by Dtruthspeaker: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
Caveatemptor:

See an omniscient entity regretting its actions. Plain absurdity!!!

See how you have now shifted post from omnipotennce and rest to omniscient and anger and regret because you don't have anything valid.

And i'll still answer it and you still will not have any valid thing to say.

If you have a child, then you are omniscient enough to know that your child will pass or fail common entrance and yet you will be very angry or happy when he fails or passes the common entrance after all you have done for her, even though you knew.

So, it is very very understandable why God will regret
Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by Caveatemptor(m): 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See how you have now shifted post from omnipotennce and rest to omniscient and anger and regret because you don't have anything valid.

And i'll still answer it and you still will not have any valid thing to say.

If you have a child, then you are omniscient enough to know that your child will pass or fail common entrance and yet you will be very angry or happy when he fails or passes the common entrance after all you have done for her, even though you knew.

So, it is very very understandable why God will regret

How is this entity omniscient?

Genesis 3:9

Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by Dtruthspeaker: 7:39am On Aug 05, 2023
Caveatemptor:

How is this entity omniscient?

Genesis 3:9

This is where you learn beware of the silence of The Lord. for.His Omniscientness and Power is exercised at His Will, exactly as we ask our children "where are you coming from?" and we know but we asked them anyway.
Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by TheMadame(f): 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
Veecruz:

Now you have moved post from saying "God did not know,".

They didn't need to know what is good or bad but they certainly knew that they were supposed to have continued obeying God. So no case.

Okay
Thanks for your input .
Re: Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis by TheMadame(f): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2023
confusedlady:

There is only one creation story in Genesis. Chapter one explains the creation of everything on a broad scale,while chapter two explains the creation story more in detail. The two chapters are an inter relationship of each other. Chapter two explains Chapter one in detail.
As for the second question God knows everything. He is omniscient. Every human created has a free will to choose right or wrong.

Okay
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dreams: Do They Have Any Effect On Reality? / Is The Genesis Creation The First Ever Creation? / How Did You Became An Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.