Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged (37952 Views)

Woman In Tears As She Reunites With Mentally Challenged Son Who Went Missing (vi / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by DrDunamis(m): 9:12am On Jul 31, 2023
beautifulsoul12:
Good morning everyone. I have to create this account to post this.
I can't even sleep at night lately.

I'm so tired and I need help right now. I have been doing this all by myself for so long now, without much complain but now, I need help.
Before I got married to my husband, I didn't know he had a seasonal mental health challenge, but not violent.

I met him in the university, he was in medicine, he had dreams, very ambitious, one of the best in his department, Working his way to travel abroad to continue his education. We were just friends, but I liked him. He kept on asking me out, but I declined. I wanted to graduate first.
We parted ways in year two. He changed school, so, I knew nothing about him again till years later.
Reconnected with him years later after graduation, to my greatest surprise, he didn't graduate, wasted all his resources and couldn't travel out. We still love each other, so we got married.
after the birth of my first child, I wanted to leave him, but I couldn't because he was a good man, but with too many changes and I was the only one who truly care and was there for him.
Three years ago, he became much better. He got a small job, Started bringing in little for upkeep. I saw change and I was happy. We had our second child last year after 8yrs.
Since early this year, the whole thing came up again. Since then, he became jobless again.
The financial burden is all on me. Right now, we can't afford to renew our rent.
I lost my business capital some times ago in wrong business, since then, it has been so much struggles.

I'm trying hard but it's not enough.
I'm thinking of working away, but to where? what about my children? Who will be there for them? What about him? But I'm tired of being in a marriage where I have to struggle for everything, where I can not depend on my man.
Pls, help us renew our house rent.

What do I do?

Why do ladies always complain about one thing and end up asking for help about another thing?

You want to walk away because of his financial handicap or because of seasonal mental disorder?
You're the only that loves him really?
Clearly from the options available that you highlighted yourself, you should know even you don't love him.
Sit with your husband, highlight challenges and profer solutions instead of wanting to run away. 🏃‍♀️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by GoodRocks: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2023
verifiablefacts:

She no gree mention the mental part again.

Honestly I waited to read the mental illness part and details of it, thinking the husband must have probably run mad by now. Noticed she didn't tell us how other guys chopped her kpekus those years while they both parted ways?

She came up with the mental illness part only to end up talking about lack of finance. Una wey still dey date Nigerian girls dey try, when there's money you're the sweetest thing ever, but become bankrupt or stop spending on her, she'll tagged you "a mad sick dude with severe mental illness"
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by LyfeJennings(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
jeromestarks:
Handle your problem alone.
You rejected good men who approached you when you were younger and beautiful to marry this mentally retardant.
You chose your destiny. You should suffer it alone.

Never pity a woman who is suffering in her home. Good men came for her but she rejected them saying "he's too short, he doesn't have money, he's to tall, he doesn't have a car etc" and settled for a guy who used suya to bribe her.

Many women wished the men they rejected came back. But guess what, none will come back.

U SUCH A R3TARD

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by seuncyrus(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
Konjiboii:
All I can make out in this story is that you are tired because there's no money, all that mental illness talk na just excuses to justify your separation.

Many of you are just mentally retarded on this platform

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Justbehave(m): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
seuncyrus:

Many of you are just mentally retarded on this platform
The guy you mentioned is right. Did she tell us the kind of mental illness? So you can cure mental illness by paying of house rent.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
Coronavirus1:

Come and see for yourself a trial will convince you
As expected from one who is powered by religion and not much else. Please free yourself from the clutches of those gods of men and their religion of confusion which they enslave you with. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by seuncyrus(m): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
Justbehave:
The guy you mentioned is right. Did she tell us the kind of mental illness? So you can cure mental illness by paying of house rent.?

Someone is going through a shameful and difficult situation, if he doesn't have anything to say. He could have done well to keep quiet. But all for nairaland likes
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
seuncyrus:
■ Someone is going through a shameful and difficult situation, if he doesn't have anything to say. He could have done well to keep quiet. But all for nairaland likes
There is nothing shameful about what OP described please. Mental illness can happen to anyone at anytime. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Justbehave(m): 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
seuncyrus:

Someone is going through a shameful and difficult situation, if he doesn't have anything to say. He could have done well to keep quiet. But all for nairaland likes
But he told her the truth nah. She should have just asked for help instead of trying to manipulate us with the mental illness talk. Besides,lot of scammers here with sub stories.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by seuncyrus(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
Justbehave:
But he told her the truth nah. She should have just asked for help instead of trying to manipulate us with the mental illness talk. Besides,lot of scammers here with sub stories.

I understand you.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by AyoEniafe(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are joking, right? No be the same dunamis wey 10's of 1000s of its members dey dey wait their own turn for healing after so many years? Na there you wan make OP go come shook head enter too? undecided

Why are you people so wicked like this? undecided

Ok bro. Since You have a better advise, give her then
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by BALLOSKI: 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
beautifulsoul12:
Someone contacted me yesterday, And was requesting two or more of my pictures, I did a video call with him even wanted to include my children in the call, but he still wanted pics. not that he wanted to help in any way, he just want to know me.
It's unfair for anyone to want to know the full terrible story of another, just to make fun of them.
If you can't help why still do things that break them the more.

Don't share your picture or make calls with anyone. There's a way the forum helps people and they can verify your story. How did Seun let people like ishilove and sexkillz leave this forum? Ishilove, where art thou?

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Ilekokonit: 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
beautifulsoul12:
I can be verify please

When you say you can be verified, what exactly do you mean How does someone verify another person as genuine on Nairaland Is that even possible
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 3:48am On Aug 01, 2023
Turquoiseee:
■ Hahahaha. E Dey pain you say some people still love JESUS wholeheartedly.
I love Jesus darling and I will follow Him all my life!
HOLY GHOST FIRE PURSUE THE WORKS OF DARKNESS!!!
See this one deep in religious delusion! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Coronavirus1: 8:41am On Aug 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
As expected from one who is powered by religion and not much else. Please free yourself from the clutches of those gods of men and their religion of confusion which they enslave you with. undecided
Those who have ear let them hear what the Lord is saying.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Turquoiseee: 9:07am On Aug 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
See this one deep in religious delusion! lipsrsealed
Leave me like that! Let me follow my Jesus in peace. He’s a million times better. I so much love Him.
Let me be deluded in Jesus it’s my choice.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kajaard: 9:46am On Aug 01, 2023
beautifulsoul12:
Someone help us pls. I can be verified. All the hurtful things some people are saying here about me are not true please.
You can verify me to know.

Pls, our urgent need now is to renew the rent. We can't be thrown out at this point.

I'm not lazy. I'm working hard just that only me can't do all that alone.

Pls help

Why did you start your post by chastising your husband and calling him mentally challenged when your initial intention was to beg for financial assistance?

Typical traits of a scammer.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
Turquoiseee:
■ Leave me like that! Let me follow my Jesus in peace. He’s a million times better. I so much love Him.
Let me be deluded in Jesus it’s my choice.
Leave Jesus Christ who instead said all those of you who are drunk on the doctrines and traditions of men are all hypocrites - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - out of it, abeg! undecided
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Aug 01, 2023
Coronavirus1:

Those who have ear let them hear what the Lord is saying.
Take that advise abeg! Hear what God is saying to you here.... your pastors and mogs are no different from the world He warned you of. undecided
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Darlingme(f): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2023
I can help with 5k. Respond to your DM

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Turquoiseee: 9:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Leave Jesus Christ who instead said all those of you who are drunk on the doctrines and traditions of men are all hypocrites - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - out of it, abeg! undecided
I don’t live in the doctrines of men or pastors but of my Lord Jesus. You’re not to decide if I’m a hypocrite or not but Jesus should.
I love psalm 23 I quote it every now and then. You should try it.
Jesus loves you
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2023
Turquoiseee:
■ I don’t live in the doctrines of men or pastors but of my Lord Jesus. You’re not to decide if I’m a hypocrite or not but Jesus should. I love psalm 23 I quote it every now and then. You should try it. Jesus loves you
You don't live on the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs yet every single religious rubbish you have spewed up until now has, not from scripture, but from doctrines and traditions typical of the religious folks out there? undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who said all of you who spew religious gibberish using His name are hypocrites - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. I am simply reiterating His teaching which you clearly do not accept since religious doctrines and traditions seem to suit you mean. grin
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 02, 2023
Darlingme:
I can help with 5k. Respond to your DM
Thank you Ma

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by larryking78(m): 8:38am On Aug 02, 2023
Just say you need financial help.
Simple !
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Turquoiseee: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You don't live on the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs yet every single religious rubbish you have spewed up until now has, not from scripture, but from doctrines and traditions typical of the religious folks out there? undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who said all of you who spew religious gibberish using His name are hypocrites - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. I am simply reiterating His teaching which you clearly do not accept since religious doctrines and traditions seem to suit you mean. grin
What’s your stress with gibberish or no gibberish? I said I love to read the Bible and I love Jesus. I love His doctrines because it brings life and peace to my soul. Is that too difficult to understand? Because what I see here is that you’re trying to suffocate by beliefs and imposing yours on me. I don’t care what you feel about Jesus. That’s your problem. But don’t poke your nose into what I believe.

You know what I see, I see you have been let down severally, your life is messed up! You don’t have the life you’ve always dreamed of and you turn around to blame Jesus. Thinking He’s the cause of all your mishaps and have sworn to turn hearts away from Him.
But Jesus still loves you. Give Him another chance. He has always meant well for you. Stop the unnecessary hate. Because the more you hate, the more people around the world know about Him and trust Him. He will heal your wounds, mend your broken heart and wash away your sins.
I tell you the more you counter, the more my LOVE for Him grows.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
Turquoiseee:
What’s your stress with gibberish or no gibberish? I said I love to read the Bible and I love Jesus. I love His doctrines because it brings life and peace to my soul. Is that too difficult to understand? Because what I see here is that you’re trying to suffocate by beliefs and imposing yours on me. I don’t care what you feel about Jesus. That’s your problem. But don’t poke your nose into what I believe.

You know what I see, I see you have been let down severally, your life is messed up! You don’t have the life you’ve always dreamed of and you turn around to blame Jesus. Thinking He’s the cause of all your mishaps and have sworn to turn hearts away from Him.
But Jesus still loves you. Give Him another chance. He has always meant well for you. Stop the unnecessary hate. Because the more you hate, the more people around the world know about Him and trust Him. He will heal your wounds, mend your broken heart and wash away your sins.
I tell you the more you counter, the more my LOVE for Him grows.
Jesus Christ isn't fooled by your claims, you know why? He said those who love Him are those who accept and obey His teachings and commandments, and it is by the fruits they bear in doing that that will be know them. Action speaks louder than words in the Kingdom of God, do you know that? I mean you cannot spew the doctrines and traditions of men and expect the signs promised by Jesus Christ to show up in your life. It doesn't work that way. undecided
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Turquoiseee: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ isn't fooled by your claims, you know why? He said those who love Him are those who accept and obey His teachings and commandments, and it is by the fruits they bear in doing that that will be know them. Action speaks louder than words in the Kingdom of God, do you know that? I mean you cannot spew the doctrines and traditions of men and expect the signs promised by Jesus Christ to show up in your life. It doesn't work that way. undecided
I feel your hurt, but JESUS LOVES YOU man. Just open your heart to Him. Men are fallible, but Jesus never fails. That’s why I love Him. Shalom
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2023
Turquoiseee:
■ I feel your hurt, but JESUS LOVES YOU man. Just open your heart to Him. Men are fallible, but Jesus never fails. That’s why I love Him. Shalom
All that audio love of Jesus Christ amounts to nothing where God is concerned. He does not listen for what comes out of your mouth because He sees clearly the content of your heart. undecided
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Turquoiseee: 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All that audio love of Jesus Christ amounts to nothing where God is concerned. He does not listen for what comes out of your mouth because He sees clearly the content of your heart. undecided
Jesus loves everyone genuinely and you inclusive. I might be imperfect, but Jesus is perfection.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Oluwaseun Bankole: Who Has Found This Missing Lady?! / 10 Things A Woman Must Never Do To Her Husband / Kola Edokpayi Hails Man Marrying 2 Women A Day 'To Avoid Being Chidinmanized'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.