Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally (36753 Views)

Palm Oil Is Now N6500! / Neem Oil Is Available @#2,300 Per Litre / Locally Made Extruders (Floating Fish Feed) 2022 Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by SaintAdah: 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
The only place one can see pure locally produced palm oil in Nigeria, is in ogbadibo local Government of Benue, that shares boundary with Enugu state.

I can't πŸ’― believe in another place, though it may be.
Nigeria is blessed ❀️
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Angelfrost(m): 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
I have witnessed this firsthand when I visited a town in Ika, Delta state several years back...!

From that day till today, I have never underpriced Palm oil!

Those people dey try abeg... The process is ridiculously tedious... My back involuntarily ached just merely watch those women at work. embarassed

What even happened to Okomu Oil?!!

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by CLRF: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
datola:
There should be a simple machine to extract it instead of trampling on it with bare legs.

you don't have to worry, it will be boil over 100 degree
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by IPG25(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nice one
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Timmi: 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2023
oyeb15:
Is Tinubu even human. Buhari a general wonder how governors that owes salaries sleeps. Sometimes he will say he feels our pain s.
This bloody civilian druggie has thrown us into unemployment and suffering and he does not seem bothered. Hes laughing at d masses.
We all need to rise up and remove this criminal.

Oyeb15, what does this your missive have to do with the discussion at hand. It seems your very being has been consumed by your hatred for Tinubu and your eyes have swollen up short by your wailings that makes you not to think clearly nor sleep. I have one suggestion for you to relieve you of your wailing, you either rush and jump into the Atlantic Ocean or go and hug a working transformer. No one will miss you if you choose any of these. The choice is yours.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by SyrusdeHansome(m): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
Akwa/Cross produces the best nd cleanest palm oil in the whole of Nigeria.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by highchief1: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
Favour315:
I made a video some months back on how to produce Palm Oil and I wish to share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ9WctX4g0k
i did it myself.person suffer sha.na why if I wan pay 200k a night for hotel I no Dey look back
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
Favour315:
The local process is tedious but it's just for a small quantity of palm oil.
Why the use of legs to mersh the palm fruits. So you people actually use legs to mersh the palm fruits during processing then sell it in the market.
😑😑😑
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
Kenmatt:
You didn't show the part were the Fruits are squeezed in order to extract the oil.

This is an integral part of the process.

If it's not much, some people will pound it but when it seems beyond pounding, there is a long Boat-like wooden Mutter that they pour the cooked nuts and be using feet, yes FEET, to be squeezing the hell out of the nuts.
That method I'd not hygenienic abeg. What if the person have sores and transfer it to the oil. Una go make I no go use oil cook again. I will start using tomato pastes to cook soup πŸ™πŸ™
😑😑
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by bdon12: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
Na lie,yoruba people dey produce by using leg to march am
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
rottable:
Glad to know. I thought they were imported
πŸ˜‚..palm oil imported.you are a city boy.Anybody wey stay stay village small no go how palm oil is produced
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by ufotty2001: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
This is unhygienic. Imagine how many styphocucus infection that have dropped from your virgin.a to the palm oil
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by DesChyko: 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
Been ages I last processed palm oil but you know wha they say, an old woman is never too old when it comes to a dance step she knows well.

I do not mash with feet though. I pound with mortar and there's a presser for the purpose of bringing out fresh and unadulterated palm oil before the boiling of the residue that is mixed with water.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Menclothing: 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2023
All state should invest in food processing

Thick cotton 5k all sizes pay on delivery

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Dafresh: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You mean it is still being made this way? undecided
This is how red lol is been produced in Ebonyi State and that's why their oil sweet pass
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by lorhema(f): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
Angelfrost:

What even happened to Okomu Oil?!!

Okomu Oil is doing great.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Devonelle(f): 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2023
I dislike the taste of palm oil
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by tabaralph: 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2023
Favour315:
This deserve to be on home page
@ lalasticlala

They won’t take it to front page because it’s not BBN where live sex would be shown..
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by penearth(m): 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
datola:
There should be a simple machine to extract it instead of trampling on it with bare legs.

Bear legs is understatement. They pound it for extraction
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Angelfrost(m): 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
lorhema:

Okomu Oil is doing great.

Okay... Glad to hear that.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by MarketDispatch: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
Favour315:
I made a video some months back on how to produce Palm Oil and I wish to share it here.k

What does it take to buy a grinding machine rather than use your legs?
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Bmaster(m): 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
op,this painpalm oil go reach everybody for this administration.so no need to rush it
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by ednut1(m): 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
why are Nigerians averse to development in other countries they will form an association to buy modern equipment for processing.

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
Dafresh:
β–  This is how red lol is been produced in Ebonyi State and that's why their oil sweet pass
Abegi! undecided
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Kingluqman(m): 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
datola:
Na so dem do the ones wey you don dey eat since dem born you.. no cap
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by IbrahimSola: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
Favour315:
I made a video some months back on how to produce Palm Oil and I wish to share it here.

Sister pls stop mashing with legs. Either you get a big mortar to pound or you get the machine. It pisses me off to see you mash palm fruit to extract oil.

Pounding with a small or big mortar is the way I know, if the quantity is small.

If I come to your house and find you mashing palm fruits to extract oil, I will NEVER EAT IN YOUR HOUSE AGAIN. Was your leg sanitized before use?

With all the dirts in the bush where you went to carry the palm fruits, and the sweat from heat of the fire, mashing with the leg is the last thing I expected.

Also, palm oil are better extracted immediately the fruits are brought down from fire, while it's still very hot. Otherwise, you cannot extract maximum oil, and the quality will be affected negatively too, when it is allowed to cool down for legs to be used in mashing.

I care more about the hygiene anyway. But thanks for the efforts at showing how it's done at your place. My only concern is that people from that locality will have weird, funny and terrible sets of feet because of using it to mash. I lie?
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by mrksquare: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2023
Favour315:

This is where Nigerian trained engineers should come in and see how to machanised the whole process.

Is just so appalling that at this age and time, people are still deploying this crude way of producing palm oil.

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Sleekfingers: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
Rubbish. Using their feet. How much are they selling extractors? There are lots of locally made machines, that can easily do the job.
But they chose to adhere to backwardness.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Chucks13: 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
Favour315:
The local process is tedious but it's just for a small quantity of palm oil.

Yea.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by diogo23: 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
You are playing with massive pimples. cheesy
The once you use did you know how they produced It? White man wanna be
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by samcolee(m): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2023
spinna:
I made a video of the process too.. several years ago when in the region of ikot ekpene while working on the crew of a famous tv show

This is slightly higher scale than the one you show here but the same process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dG16Fkcwo

This is easier my father has this machines at home

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Can Help You to Establish Cereal, Root,Tuber and horticultural Farms . / How Do I Stop This Continuous Bee Attack On The Farm? / What Could Have Killed This Chicken & How Would The Chicks Survive? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.