Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally (36756 Views)

Palm Oil Is Now N6500! / Neem Oil Is Available @#2,300 Per Litre / Locally Made Extruders (Floating Fish Feed) 2022 Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by samcolee(m): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2023
MykellOni:
Attendance: Present ✔️
I don't know why I so much prefer palm oil for my cookings...
Because it's simply the best, I don't use groundnut oil
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by BRATISLAVA: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
Unwashed feet. Just like the revolting practice of Italians.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by correctguy101(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ah, back in those days, I did this in Delta state.

But we don't use hands to remove the skin and juice. There was one locally made machine we use to squeeze the skin off the kernel but we still make use of firewood to boil the oil out...

We made some small money back then..
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by correctyourself(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
You are playing with massive pimples. cheesy

Liar!
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Probz(m): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
Adrian9:
This same palm oil made people sail thousands of kilometres from Europe to Africa. People killed and exiled great men (like King Jaja of Opobo) because of the control of the trade. Apart from palm oil being used for food,it is a principal ingredient in soaps and lots of cosmetics,it's leaves makes the broom we use in sweeping our houses locally,it's a good source of fibre - every part of this unique plant serves a purpose. WHY CAN'T WE INVEST IN PALM OIL AND LEAVE CRUDE OIL WHICH THE WORLD IS TURNING IT'S BACK ON?
I actually agree.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Probz(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
rottable:
Glad to know. I thought they were imported

Imported from where? Antarctica?
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by GodWrites: 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nyredd:
Are you struggling to land your dream job or get into your desired graduate school?
Allow Services to help you stand out from the crowd.

Our team of experts will work with you to highlight your unique strengths and qualifications, ensuring that your application materials are tailored to the specific requirements of the job or program you're applying for.

Don't let a subpar application hold you back any longer. Contact Services today and let us help you achieve your goals!

Our services include:

Professional CV Revamping

Statement of Purpose

Motivational Letter

Cover Letter services.

Appreciation letter

Tribute for burial

PDF editing

You can't even get yourself a job, but you are promising someone else their dream job, with your poorly designed banner. You don't even have a website. Seems everyone is into con these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by QueenDima47(f): 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
I love it (palm oil) locally produced. It may be tedious but for me I had fun doing it when we were younger maybe it's because my parents prepare special food on those days or the end-product is second to none. Starting from the day of cutting the palm fruit to the day of processing it. On the day of cutting the palm fruit my mom usually prepares special soup for the palm fruit cutter lol and for us too.
Then on the day of processing it, my father would roast yam upon yam, coco yam and fish too. So we enjoyed as we process forgetting the tediousness in the work.

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Cromagnon: 7:42am On Aug 13, 2023
Adrian9:
This same palm oil made people sail thousands of kilometres from Europe to Africa. People killed and exiled great men (like King Jaja of Opobo) because of the control of the trade. Apart from palm oil being used for food,it is a principal ingredient in soaps and lots of cosmetics,it's leaves makes the broom we use in sweeping our houses locally,it's a good source of fibre - every part of this unique plant serves a purpose. WHY CAN'T WE INVEST IN PALM OIL AND LEAVE CRUDE OIL WHICH THE WORLD IS TURNING IT'S BACK ON?
cos we lazy and would rather blame our politicians instead of working hard

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by iHateFraudsters: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
clems88:
This we don't know.
Bring up the one they match with legs in dirty pit. Na that one sweet pass to eat grin

Truth be told?

Those pits are not dirty o!

They're just dark Palm oil components.

And they're cleaned regularly.

#Experience

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Favour315(f): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You mean it is still being made this way? undecided
Yes
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Favour315(f): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
You are playing with massive pimples. cheesy
How
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Favour315(f): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
datola:
There should be a simple machine to extract it instead of trampling on it with bare legs.
There is but this is just too small

2 Likes

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Favour315(f): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kenmatt:
You didn't show the part were the Fruits are squeezed in order to extract the oil.

This is an integral part of the process.

If it's not much, some people will pound it but when it seems beyond pounding, there is a long Boat-like wooden Mutter that they pour the cooked nuts and be using feet, yes FEET, to be squeezing the hell out of the nuts.
O showed the part, maybe you skipped it
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Swiftgrp: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2023
Favour315:
I made a video some months back on how to produce Palm Oil and I wish to share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ9WctX4g0k
Bump.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally by Swiftgrp: 10:39am On Nov 20, 2023
spinna:
I made a video of the process too.. several years ago when in the region of ikot ekpene while working on the crew of a famous tv show

This is slightly higher scale than the one you show here but the same process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dG16Fkcwo

Insightful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Can Help You to Establish Cereal, Root,Tuber and horticultural Farms . / How Do I Stop This Continuous Bee Attack On The Farm? / What Could Have Killed This Chicken & How Would The Chicks Survive? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.