Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. (45178 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Alexgeneration(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
You are simply jealous. If we check now you are spiritually dry and empty, and don't even fast or pray regularly or . If the men of God your wife listens to is impacting her life positively with results, you should let her be.
She can go to her father's house and do the morning devotion.

1 Like

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Alexgeneration(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2023
bukatyne:

The little glimpse of your posts tells me why your wife would keep running after prayer pastors.

It is not because you are not 'discharging' your spiritual duties;

It is because you have no iota of love and respect for her.

Imagine if Pastor Jerry wanted to stop her from doing something, do you think he would behave like an uncouth agbero to her?

Couldn't you ask why she felt the need to join these morning prayers and then assume her of your willingness to pick up that task so she and the kids can truly be under your spiritual authority.

You don't want her to listen to a song for reasons known to you. Have you explained to her scripturally why? Instead you want to delete it.

She is going for a pastor's crusade and you suspect she is going to 'over sow' or 'over spend'; have you asked why she is compelled to do so? Have you taken her through the Bible to see the truth for herself and if she can't, intercede for her in prayers till she sees the light? If she was taking the house or car papers to sow seed and you snatched it from her, then I would say desperate times call for desperate measures.

Like Paul says, even if you are so knowledgeable and give up your body to be burnt for the Gospel (to show your devotion), without love, you are nothing.

Please learn to love and honor your wife treating her as joint heirs in the Kingdom of God hence she would keep seeking solace elsewhere because of your bitter and cancerous attitude.

Also, do not provoke your children else they would be frustrated and your 'effort' to train them in the way of the Lord would be wasted.

Fathers like you are why children turn away from the Lord when they attain a form of independence. You are there first view of the heavenly father and if you were cancerous, they cannot reconcile with an unseen heavenly father who is loving.

Goodluck.

She can pack and go to her father's house and continue the morning devotion.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Anashe: 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
Aladeintl:

There was this popular MoG from Ibadan who do early morning prayer on Ajilete FM that I adamantly forbid my wife from listening to.

I told her, 'I am not saying you shouldn't listen to him but not under my own roof.'

I didn't banned her because the man was fake. I didn't think the MoG is fake, but I find some of his modus operandi unbiblical.

Likewise, some songs like Daddy wey dey pamper is not fit my own family. While I am around, she mustn't.

I will soon delete that song from her phone sef.

Read tales of a Nursing Dad here www.joelalade.home.blog

I once collected her purse and gave her only transport fare when she was going for a crusade organized by one prophet olororo.

What is my drift? I have no qualm with Pastor Jerry Eze and his YouTube early morning prayer ministry but it is a disgrace and dishonour to you, the man of the house, if your woman can wake up to listen to other man before you.

It's a disgrace to my fatherhood if my kids are doing morning devotion via internet led by another man and wife and kids aren't to be blamed.

Therefore, we men, should truly man up and be the leader God made us.

The likes of Pastor Jerry Eze and co come into equation because many men are not spiritual leader. He is filling the gaps created by spiritually-absent fathers.

Your wife jumping from one prayer mountain to another is because you haven't ascertain your spiritual headship in the head.

And for those joining Pastor Jerry from their boyfriend's room, just dey play ooo, dey play ooo.

May God helps us to discharge our duties accordingly.

Ire oooooooo

Funny that husbands and fathers no longer understand what being the "head of the home" means. It's first a spiritual assignment before the physical. You must safeguard your family spiritually as a man. The prayers your wife has been praying to cover your family is because you will not do it. Stop her from praying o and see what happens to your family. She needs to speak to you first because you're her creator or you are God. She shouldn't pray under your roof. Anupam

1 Like

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Harrisee(m): 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
If you're wise, you would join NSPPD. I was the one that introduced my girlfriend to it. It's real. He preaches Christ. You don't control how people live their lives. Your duty as a man of God is to dish out the true words of God.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Lingudy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Daddy wey dey pamper.😂🤣😂
Me sef no like that song oo.

2 Likes

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by CaptainFM1: 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
A sensible wife? So, a woman has to walk on eggshells in her marriage.... it is, according to you, the trick to keeping a home? undecided

Why not instead marry someone you are all-round comfortable being with? Ever considered that? undecided

You totally muddled everything together with the way you understood what I said.

What it means is that whatever trick you used to make the two of you to be comfortable with one another before you get married, you need if not 10times more of that trick to keep the comfortability going after marriage.

It's only few marriages that things comes naturally and stays naturally in place. The truth is, getting married and staying married is an act, and you have to act the script correctly as appropriate to individual storyline.

I hope this clarifies.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by purples25(f): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
You have controlled your human slave. End of discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
CaptainFM1:
â–  You totally muddled everything together with the way you understood what I said.
What it means is that whatever trick you used to make the two of you to be comfortable with one another before you get married, you need if not 10times more of that trick to keep the comfortability going after marriage.
â–  It's only few marriages that things comes naturally and stays naturally in place. The truth is, getting married and staying married is an act, and you have to act the script correctly as appropriate to individual storyline. I hope this clarifies.
1. So the woman uses a trick to make the marriage happen and so should continue the same way for the rest of what is the marriage? She is never to let loose and be comfortable in it. O ga oo! Na women wey dey marry that way I go blame for accommodate such foolishness. undecided

2. Well, at least you admit that most of your marriages are nothing to write home about. lipsrsealed
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by abobote: 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
The OP has ended up making the pastor Jerry more popular, I have not even heard of him before.

The only pastor that has impress me before, is Dr. Paul Enenche

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by MrsTwrite(f): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lingudy:

Me too
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by MrsTwrite(f): 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
NewSoul:

Madam why you repeat am. See as I dey laugh for road people dey look me grin

😂🤣😂
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by MrsTwrite(f): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lingudy:

That song dey weak me anytime I hear am😂
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by merry101: 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
AS LONG AS YOU DO MORNING DEVOTION, HOLD PRAYERS WITH YOUR FAMILY IN YOUR OWN HOUSE...... I don't have issues with you.

BUT IF YOU DON'T, and you stopped her.

MY DEAR, GIVE IT TIME.......... you will soon seek spiritual help.
. Dear that isn't how God works. I hardly pray loud but blessed so well
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Alexgeneration(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
purples25:
You have controlled your human slave. End of discussion.
And there's nothing you can do about it.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by SpicyMimi(f): 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
LikeAking:

If husband and wife they go church, that house, their sex life, social life will be too boring.

Allow men to breath..

Spiritual things is not about shouting and binding..

Rest small..

Real men don't go that way.

I pray this statement will not be used against you ooo.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by sylve11: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
YES! Every single last one of them. undecided

grin grin grin cool
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Aladeintl: 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Aladeintl: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
abobote:
The OP has ended up making the pastor Jerry more popular, I have not even heard of him before.

The only pastor that has impress me before, is Dr. Paul Enenche

Did you read the part of I have no qualm with Pastor Jerry Eze
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Aladeintl: 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kobojunkie:
OP, is this meant to be a joke or are you being serious? I got to ask because I had been called out once for treating seriously what the OP meant instead of as a joke... to me, it was a terrible attempt. undecided

I guess my hope is that what reads as blatant disrespect for your wife is not what you mean as a joke for us to laugh off. undecided
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by CaptainFM1: 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So the woman uses a trick to make the marriage happen and so should continue the same way for the rest of what is the marriage? She is never to let loose and be comfortable in it. O ga oo! Na women wey dey marry that way I go blame for accommodate such foolishness. undecided

2. Well, at least you admit that most of your marriages are nothing to write home about. lipsrsealed

You still do not understand despite trying to simplify it to you.

Ok. When two people are dating or when two people are trying to woo each other before marriage, what they will need to keep each other after marriage is far more than what they did in those days they were hoping they will end up together.

I think this adage will simplify it for you.
"It may take you repeated efforts to light a candle at a beach, but you will definitely need more than that effort to keep that candle stay lit"

Just calm your nerve to understand better.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Aladeintl: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
Harrisee:
If you're wise, you would join NSPPD. I was the one that introduced my girlfriend to it. It's real. He preaches Christ. You don't control how people live their lives. Your duty as a man of God is to dish out the true words of God.

We are not talking about boyfriend and girlfriend here. Number one reason being you are not responsible for her spiritual protection but a husband is to his wife.

I never say he and the man from Ibadan was fake.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
CaptainFM1:
â–  You still do not understand despite trying to simplify it to you. Ok. When two people are dating or when two people are trying to woo each other before marriage, what they will need to keep each other after marriage is far more than what they did in those days they were hoping they will end up together.
I think this adage will simplify it for you. "It may take you repeated efforts to light a candle at a beach, but you will definitely need more than that effort to keep that candle stay lit" Just calm your nerve to understand better.
You liken marriage to lighting and then keeping a candle lit at a beach? That is really your notion of what marriage is meant to be? shocked shocked shocked

Na the women wey dey marry your kind I go blame... lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Babysho(m): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
oldienavie:
If half of the people that tune in to Jerry Eze were decent Christians Nigeria will be a much brtter place.

These people wake up early to do devotion and march out to steal, dupe, lie, collect bribes, fornicate, commit adultery and other terrible things.

The rate of religious fanaticism in Nigeria is so deep you'd think the country should be heaven by now.

There is nothing you can do to help an intellectually deficient mob of pretenders from self destructing.

When you try to correct them and help them to open their eyes, they will scream blasphemy.

Hypocrites

I think we need to increase the volume. Since we all concluded that white people came to Africa to exploit us and the very first thing they came with was Christianity, maybe Nigerian Christians should plus 2+2. Why would your opppresors introduce you to a religion with an almighty God that could empower you, the oppressed!!??

There's a God, yes, but I think people need to find him themselves in their own spirituality not through men or sheets of paper. Let them do fast o, so all of us can gain a new level of consciousness and fight the govt wey dey make you wake 4:30am to speak in tongues. We no pass like 1k for naija wey inner eyes don open.

And lastly, I don't believe in asking God to do things for me. I prefer to thank him for what I can do myself.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by MeineMutter: 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
Poverty has disillusioned so many Nigerians into believing too much in their spiritual fathers and mothers prayers.

Good social system can correct over 70% of what we pray for.

Where there’s no good social system as we have in Nigeria, lots of ‘problems’ won’t be solved through prayers. Let’s remain focused on all we do.

I repeat: prayers won’t solve so many of the problems. That’s the stack truth.

1 Like

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by CaptainFM1: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You liken marriage to lighting and then keeping a candle lit at a beach? That is really your notion of what marriage is meant to be? shocked shocked shocked

Na the women wey dey marry your kind I go blame... lipsrsealed

You don't understand even my painstaking effort at explaining things to you even like a pry 3 kid. I actually understand you better now. Dey play!

You think once you get married, everything is now on autopilot! Roses are red, sky is blue. I wish I can auto ignore/block you now. Anyway, I'm sure the message has been passed.

Don't even bother reply, cos I won't take any more look reading from you. It's belittling going back and forth with you. Find your space /levels please. Or better still rest on.

1 Like

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by aalangel(f): 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
Aladeintl:

There was this popular MoG from Ibadan who do early morning prayer on Ajilete FM that I adamantly forbid my wife from listening to.

I told her, 'I am not saying you shouldn't listen to him but not under my own roof.'

I didn't banned her because the man was fake. I didn't think the MoG is fake, but I find some of his modus operandi unbiblical.

Likewise, some songs like Daddy wey dey pamper is not fit my own family. While I am around, she mustn't.

I once collected her purse and gave her only transport fare when she was going for a crusade organized by one prophet olororo.

What is my drift? I have no qualm with Pastor Jerry Eze and his YouTube early morning prayer ministry but it is a disgrace and dishonour to you, the man of the house, if your woman can wake up to listen to other man before you.

It's a disgrace to my fatherhood if my kids are doing morning devotion via internet led by another man and wife and kids aren't to be blamed.

The likes of Pastor Jerry Eze and co come into equation because many men are not spiritual leader. He is filling the gaps created by spiritually-absent fathers.

Your wife jumping from one prayer mountain to another is because you haven't ascertain your spiritual headship in the head.

And for those joining Pastor Jerry from their boyfriend's room, just dey play ooo, dey play ooo.

Ire oooooooo

You've gat Issues!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by SaLongs1(m): 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
AS LONG AS YOU DO MORNING DEVOTION, HOLD PRAYERS WITH YOUR FAMILY IN YOUR OWN HOUSE...... I don't have issues with you.

BUT IF YOU DON'T, and you stopped her.

MY DEAR, GIVE IT TIME.......... you will soon seek spiritual help.
What nonsense spiritual help will he seek? You people should stop the blackmail already. Religion is not by force.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by doggedfighter(f): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
I think Pastor Jerry Eze is mocking God. Like everything about Nigeria, time will make him fade away. How can any sane being listen to such ramblings in an hour and still stay sane?

To progress in life, stay away from whatever many Nigerians flock towards. As the poverty capital of the world, following Nigerians' interests is like being a supporter of the lowest ranked team in EPL.

/

grin grin grin
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by jimcaddy(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
Aladeintl:

Ire oooooooo
I cannot almost believe what you just typed here. So your wife participating in a morning online devotion automatically equates to her "dishonoring you"? Wow. Well I will not say much.
Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by Lingudy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
MrsTwrite:

That song dey weak me anytime I hear am😂
The guy is only ranting abi na rap sef

1 Like

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by 1Sharon(f): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
There are more women in churches than men.

The pastors know this and they pander to women.

The men feel alienated and leave.

Any woman that takes a pastor too seriously over her husband can end up sleeping with him!

I hate zombies.

1 Like

Re: Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. by 1Sharon(f): 12:12am On Aug 01, 2023
etrange:
You banned your wife from listening to her preferred prêcher and her preferred song? You said "not under my roof"? I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but it's on the front page, so I assume it's real. And it's pathetic the breed of men Nigerian women are left with.

It's a bit extreme but I see where he's coming from. Women like that can be brainwashed to sleep with their pastors. So the women too can be pathetic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Groom & Bride Storm Wedding Reception In Keke Convoy, Photos Stun Many / Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. / Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.