Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,260 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija (76183 Views)

See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos / What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles / Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by GloriousGbola: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Mindlog:
Just reminded me a case of young man in his early 20s, left his hostel in Birmingham (UK). took a bus to Birmingham international airport with just his wallet, international passport and a flight ticket he printed in his room. His fellow students who saw him leave the hostel, thought he was going to get groceries.....11hrs later, he was knocking at his parents gate past midnight. His family was shocked, he requested a room should be prepared for him that he was feeling sleeping, he locked himself in that room for 4 days without coming out though en-suite but he didn't eat nor communicated with anyone.

The family being an influential one, had to be hush about it. It was the consultant psychiatrist where I worked, that was called in and got him to open the door and the guy looked like something else, it took so much experience to get him come over to our facility to be admitted. It was a very complicated diagnosis and he was established to be struggling with schizoaffective disorder and the 4 months he was in the facility was hair-raising. sad sad sad

A gen z take on dad went out to get some cigarettes cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by theway2023: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
undecided undecided

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by GloriousGbola: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
My mans sukkot on fp again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Love800(m): 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
Can someone tell me the type of visas that exist? Asin just list them out let me see it.
I will be grateful for it.
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Davicl: 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ok........... until 2006 angry that's when I knew that truth Truth village people get power no be joke o!a story for another day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Calitoscassius(m): 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2023
People cannot carry their small bag and travel anymore in peace without other nosy assholes labelling them strange, OP the only strange bizzare butthole is you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Billionaire2: 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
illicit:
grin

He is probably a bird

Drug trafficker wink

OP be learner 4 hustle šŸ˜‚

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Contango(m): 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
Opurumiri:
It happens... Sometimes we come to realise that all the struggle and hustle are all for what!!! Nothing but chasing after the wind. I have experienced something similar to this before.

Some years ago I was working with a very big firm(Deliotte). I was paid a fantastic salary, allowances etc. But one day I came back home and decided right there that I was leaving the job because I felt so empty. So I resigned!! My family thought I was mad or something but for me I needed peace!!

Same way I left KPMGšŸ˜‚

But I now work with an NOC though. This life sha!

8 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by ConfidentialDoc: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2023
Opurumiri:
It happens... Sometimes we come to realise that all the struggle and hustle are all for what!!! Nothing but chasing after the wind. I have experienced something similar to this before.

Some years ago I was working with a very big firm(Deliotte). I was paid a fantastic salary, allowances etc. But one day I came back home and decided right there that I was leaving the job because I felt so empty. So I resigned!! My family thought I was mad or something but for me I needed peace!!

It does happen, but only to the special ones
Hope you found your higher purpose by now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by grandstar(m): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2023
Mindlog:
Just reminded me a case of young man in his early 20s, left his hostel in Birmingham (UK). took a bus to Birmingham international airport with just his wallet, international passport and a flight ticket he printed in his room. His fellow students who saw him leave the hostel, thought he was going to get groceries.....11hrs later, he was knocking at his parents gate past midnight. His family was shocked, he requested a room should be prepared for him that he was feeling sleeping, he locked himself in that room for 4 days without coming out though en-suite but he didn't eat nor communicated with anyone.

The family being an influential one, had to be hush about it. It was the consultant psychiatrist where I worked, that was called in and got him to open the door and the guy looked like something else, it took so much experience to get him come over to our facility to be admitted. It was a very complicated diagnosis and he was established to be struggling with schizoaffective disorder and the 4 months he was in the facility was hair-raising. sad sad sad

schizoaffective disorder

I thought sufferers do well with medication or injection?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by cococandy(f): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maybe heā€™s just a simple person

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2023
This one pass remote control o. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by JaskanFactor: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2023
maybe he saw something in Germany that made him realise its not the place to be.
When you lookout into the world, what your eyes see depends where you are spiritually.

As a child i had always seen children's books with a rose flower that has a smiley human like face in the middle of the rose
Well what do you know, at a very spiritually intense point in my life, i saw this for real in a garden.

What your eyes see in this world is very much subjective.

Did you ever hear the saying all that glitters is not Gold, but people forget when things get easy. And then eyes are able to deceive.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by theamazonguru(m): 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
Opurumiri:

Wow, that's amazing.
You left a whole Deloitte chaiiii.

But what exactly was your reason.
Talking about peace, was the work environment anti-peace.

Sorry to ask, I am just curious.

I had my eyes on Deloitte.

8 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Ijaya123: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
finallybusy:
Many reasons. Many, many reasons.

1. Drug trafficker who was one step from getting caught. He had to ā€œrun back to his villageā€ as Nigerians are prone to after committing crimes.

2. Naija boy who got mixed with a foreign woman. She kicked him out of his house with nothing but the handbag he held. All his belongings are in the country under her control. He mentally lost his will and came back home where men control everything.

3. Yahoo boy who felt his juju was about to run out. No time for unnecessary load, come home, get it renewed then return.

4. A struggling Nigerian who decided to visit home. No time to form anything unnecessary. Stay home for about a month or two then return to the brutal life of menial jobs in obodo oyibo.

5. A Nigerian wanted for a crime. Weā€™ve seen idiots repeatedly run home after committing crimes. Burna boy too. The long arm of the law may catch him eventually.

6. A relative was terminally ill. No be belongings the person go chop when physical presence is the main koko.

My favourite which normally happens to Nairalanders.

7. Civilization nearly killed him. Having all the amenities of a working nation overwhelmed him. He couldnā€™t stand a soft life. Struggle is hard-coded in his DNA.

Your number 4 point doesnā€™t add up. A struggling guy to spend millions on tickets just to come home and do nothing and go back after one month?

Not adding up bro

1 Like

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by blackdover: 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2023
Una don' come again.
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by theamazonguru(m): 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2023
sacajawea:

What did burna Boy do??
Where and when?

I saw that too and was curious
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by omoyankee3(m): 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
If you have your phone, passport(s), and cashcards in a small bag, that's all you need to travel round the world.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by flokii: 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
Depression.has many stages.. his was likely end stage depression. The last hope for him was to leave all and go back to his roots. Who knows, he might get better and rebuild right there in Ojota.
Una wey dey obodo Oyinbo dey try no be small. most people can't deal with the loneliness, emptiness feeling and what have you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Dzzzz: 7:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
Which one is ā€˜as the sun was setting and The sky was blueā€™..Right there I knew your story was trash.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by AntiMarxist: 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2023
sukkot:
So this is a very strange story which I think about till this day.

It was October 1st 2019 and I am coming to Nigeria with Lufthansa from Manchester and the stopover is Frankfurt. And so we get to Frankfurt and we had to ride this trolley tram bus thingy to our terminal.

Thatā€™s where I saw this character. He was sat in front of me clutching a small handbag. Thatā€™s all he had On him. His eyes looked cold and dead like someone who has seen everything there is to see in life and he had checked out of humanity. He had like a long Islam goatee. Young guy, maybe early thirties. He sat there and clutched his bag and stared with that dead empty look. He wasnā€™t being deported. He was on a voluntary journey of his own. I watched him for a little while but then we got to the terminal and alighted and I never saw him again.

I took the flight to naija. Got the cab at the airport and started the journey to the Airbnb I had booked in magodo. It was an evening and up in the sky were stork birds and eagles and the atmosphere was dusty looking as the sun was setting. So as I was in the car on the express about 3 miles away from the airport I saw someone climbing the dividers of the express way and trying to cross over to the other side to the bus stop to catch a bus , I adjusted my eyes very well and guess who it was? It was the strange guy who sat in front of me on the tram-bus in Frankfurt. He had absolutely no luggage with him. He had just the same small bag I saw him with and he was in the same clothes

Till today I always wonder what that guys story is . Did he actually walk out voluntarily on his own out of Frankfurt with a tiny bag and walk into the streets of ojota with nothing but the same bag and dangerously crossing the expressway ? Was he remote controlled into Nigeria ? Itā€™s a very strange episode. I think of that guy to this day

Operation MK-Ultra.

He is probable one of the most active Obidients around today.

CIA got that nigger and sent him back to cause ruckus.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by vexing(m): 7:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
He may be a missionary. They don't usually travel with lots of luggage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by OneCandleAway(f): 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
theamazonguru:

I saw that too and was curious

Hw used to follow a gang in uk and one member stabbed someone to death. I think he was still under 18 then so they sent him back to live with his grandma in ibadan or so.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by LastProphet: 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Opurumiri:

I think you are still mad slightly
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Buliwyf: 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ijaya123:

Your number 4 point doesnā€™t add up. A struggling guy to spend millions on tickets just to come home and do nothing and go back after one month?

Not adding up bro

Ticket from Germany is not millions. Especially if he booked weeks in advance. And if he is on leave, his salary will still be paid when he is on vacation in Nigeria. So number 4 is a very valid option too.

13 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by juman(m): 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
There is lots of money in abroad for hard working people.
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by patrickcollins: 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Village people cookings

While growing up something similar happened to a friend's father.. he worked as FG worker, resigned and travelled in the early 1990s, he was sending in cars and all, after a while he secretly tried to marry another wife and relocate her... That was when his wife got him back home without anything

Again I remember my own first Japa experience, Got a Job a 5 star hotel in UAE, Free food, free accomodation average salary, and I was just fresh out of the university

I worked 3months straight nightshift,

3months straight no off days Mondays to Monday no break

Indian Boss yelling at you, Arab boss fighting you

If he is legally married to the white woman, she can't get him home as he is now a citizen by marriage, so the story is not entirely true.
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by adecz: 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
You for ask am nah, instead of
coming to ask us on NL and bamboozling
the admins into bringing it to FPšŸ˜šŸ˜

7 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by riczy(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
He could be truly missing home, it happened to me wen I had a UK business Visa 2008.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Curse777: 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
patrickcollins:
If he is legally married to the white woman, she can't get him home as he is now a citizen by marriage, so the story is not entirely true.

He secretly wanted to marry another wife and relocate her... Meaning she is a Nigerian like the first wife
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Godmind2022(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
[quote author=sukkot post=124776232]So this is a very strange story which I think about till this day.

It was October 1st 2019 and I am coming to Nigeria with Lufthansa from Manchester and the stopover is Frankfurt. And so we get to Frankfurt and we had to ride this trolley tram bus thingy to our terminal.

Thatā€™s where I saw this character. He was sat in front of me clutching a small handbag. Thatā€™s all he had On him. His eyes looked cold and dead like someone who has seen everything there is to see in life and he had checked out of humanity. He had like a long Islam goatee. Young guy, maybe early thirties. He sat there and clutched his bag and stared with that dead empty look. He wasnā€™t being deported. He was on a voluntary journey of his own. I watched him for a little while but then we got to the terminal and alighted and I never saw him again.

I took the flight to naija. Got the cab at the airport and started the journey to the Airbnb I had booked in magodo. It was an evening and up in the sky were stork birds and eagles and the atmosphere was dusty looking as the sun was setting. So as I was in the car on the express about 3 miles away from the airport I saw someone climbing the dividers of the express way and trying to cross over to the other side to the bus stop to catch a bus , I adjusted my eyes very well and guess who it was? It was the strange guy who sat in front of me on the tram-bus in Frankfurt. He had absolutely no luggage with him. He had just the same small bag I saw him with and he was in the same clothes

Till today I always wonder what that guys story is . Did he actually walk out voluntarily on his own out of Frankfurt with a tiny bag and walk into the streets of ojota with nothing but the same bag and dangerously crossing the expressway ? Was he remote controlled into Nigeria ? Itā€™s a very strange episode. I think of that guy to this day [

You could have asked him what the matter was with him. A simple "Are you alright?" might have saved you all these nagging memories. Sometimes, a question, a smile, an hello, a greeting, a concern, a humanity is what we owe one another. Remember, the whole of the human race is flawed.

8 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by jojothaiv(m): 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
wiseone28:
No comment till i have experience
Wise one,

In this case you don't want to learn from other people experiences it better we create our own too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bull Wandering On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos Today (Photos) / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class / Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.