Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,595 members, 7,823,583 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija (76240 Views)

See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos / What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles / Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Confiture: 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
It could be some spiritual forces or his carelessness.

Thanks OP, your story and some comments here will help in a fiction I'm writing presently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
by the way thats not my hand. thanks moderators for supplying the pictures
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Confiture: 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
finallybusy:
Many reasons. Many, many reasons.

1. Drug trafficker who was one step from getting caught. He had to “run back to his village” as Nigerians are prone to after committing crimes.

2. Naija boy who got mixed with a foreign woman. She kicked him out of his house with nothing but the handbag he held. All his belongings are in the country under her control. He mentally lost his will and came back home where men control everything.

3. Yahoo boy who felt his juju was about to run out. No time for unnecessary load, come home, get it renewed then return.

4. A struggling Nigerian who decided to visit home. No time to form anything unnecessary. Stay home for about a month or two then return to the brutal life of menial jobs in obodo oyibo.

5. A Nigerian wanted for a crime. We’ve seen idiots repeatedly run home after committing crimes. Burna boy too. The long arm of the law may catch him eventually.

6. A relative was terminally ill. No be belongings the person go chop when physical presence is the main koko.

My favourite which normally happens to Nairalanders.

7. Civilization nearly killed him. Having all the amenities of a working nation overwhelmed him. He couldn’t stand a soft life. Struggle is hard-coded in his DNA.
This. 👍
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
Offpointng:

Exactly. The first man to travel abroad in our village, according to my Dad then, they dragged him back and rendered him useless sotey him begin dey piss and poo for body. As in totally useless

Him Oyinbo wife come Nigeria look for am taya but to no avail, he eventually died recently. so sad, they made him suffer for nothing for Decades. Later hear say na him mama do am for not marrying the girl she wanted for him
wow
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Goldbw122(m): 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2023
Some things are just left unexplained..
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sacajawea: 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
Exmilitant:
It does happen. Here in PH there were men and women who were very addicted to farm and hard living when suddenly, civilization or whatever we call civilization in the name of industries, roads and gigantic buildings started taking the place of the farmlands and forests they were used to these people literally became zombies and some started dying off. Till today, some of them are yet to get use to civilization.
Thank God for the little exposure you have!
Ehnn??! You saw this personally?? They died off?!!
How far back is this? something like this can only be say in the 1920's and 30s maybe 40s 50s
Not 30, 40 years ago!

Also it's very different from what me and the OP are talking about... Think about it well
People who are educated or alteast can read and write, now went abroad. Mot people in a deeper place psychologically, like no education at all meeting civilisation
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
FutureFocus:
This piece got me entertained tonight, I like the way you were wandering in your imagination and the comments that follows , this is a creative topic , everything must not have to do with politics, thanks for this piece..

That individual may just alone in his own world at that time in his life.
Thank you
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Olam09(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Apart for Vacation abroad, Nigeria remains the best country ever if you get good source of income..

Spot on 🎯

2 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by campbelljosh(m): 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
Add Cold weather to it
flokii:
Depression.has many stages.. his was likely end stage depression. The last hope for him was to leave all and go back to his roots. Who knows, he might get better and rebuild right there in Ojota.
Una wey dey obodo Oyinbo dey try no be small. most people can't deal with the loneliness, emptiness feeling and what have you.
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Calitoscassius:
People cannot carry their small bag and travel anymore in peace without other nosy assholes labelling them strange, OP the only strange bizzare butthole is you.
grin
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
cococandy:
Maybe he’s just a simple person
yeah , maybe lol. from reading comments am leaning towards a successful drug delivery and now returning to collect the other half of his money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
Dzzzz:
Which one is ‘as the sun was setting and The sky was blue’..Right there I knew your story was trash.
grin
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2023
vexing:
He may be a missionary. They don't usually travel with lots of luggage
hmmm you are very correct he did look like the missionary type
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by pansophist(m): 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
Sukkot, so you now do international amebo. You cant just see this guy and overlook. cheesy
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by MyExpression(m): 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
sukkot:
...and up in the sky were stork birds and eagles and the atmosphere was dusty looking as the sun was setting.

Why did you add this part...made it sound fictional.
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by MrAAA2: 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
He is more likely to be on some mental distress.
2 years ago, someone I know, we lived in the same complex, all of a sudden refused taking my calls (it can be hard sometimes to knock on someone else's door, with a few exceptions).
31st Dec night that year, he called me, I thought oh, na now this stupid boy dey call me for new year 'beering'. It was a cold night, - 4 degrees Celsius. The call wasn't a good one, I called another fellow in next block to follow me to his apartment.
Fast forward... > he was having a mental episode, he had planned to leave Germany for Nigeria, with his passport and ID and a little less than 1k Eur he said he had budgeted for flight ticket at Koln/Bonn Airport tickets desk.
Well, next day, in the cold morning with about - 6 degrees, I was with him looking for where he has dumped his supposed travelling backpack containing a PC, Camera and other important credentials, luckily we found it untouched in a private property.
This was as a result of his own doing while family prays.
True, we suffer a level of loneliness even as students, depression kicks in, the demands and pressures from family and friends, the weather, particularly the gray skies and decreased levels of Vit D exposes people to seasonal affective disorders. But then, stay strong, give yourself the break it needs,talk to people, play games, go to bars and restaurants, play music and above all, find the purpose of life and how to deal with difficult times. JW.ORG has been the most resourceful and honest place to find real help.

If this is not the case, it could be for many other reasons people travel.

1 Like

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
MyExpression:

Why did you add this part...made it sound fictional.

I was living with a white woman as partner for many years. She was obsessed with the weather and birds. She infected me with the madness lmao. So it was what I observed on the day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by armyofone(m): 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2023
cry
Humanity.
Joining you in thinking of the guy too.
Hope he is good wherever he may be.

1 Like

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
pansophist:
Sukkot, so you now do international amebo. You cant just see this guy and overlook. cheesy
lmaooo it is what it is bro, as they say grin
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by MyExpression(m): 11:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
sukkot:
I was living with a white woman as partner for many years. She was obsessed with the weather and birds. She infected me with the madness lmao. So it was what I observed on the day.

Ok...thanks for the clarification.

Well...things dey happen for life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Beenibroz(m): 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
From your write up the only thing I can say is that you are only speaking from your imagination. There are people who have passport or visa to travel how they want and it's not necessary for people to always carry luggages when traveling depends on what they are going for.

That guy you are talking about might have gone back to Germany same way he came without you knowing. That's life for you. Do not ever judge a book by its cover because the way you were shocked to see him in Nigeria on your way is the same way you might go to Germany to see him again and see him much more differently.

Some things in life are made very easy for some people compared to others that take such opportunity as shine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
MyExpression:

Ok...thanks for the clarification.

Well...things dey happen for life.
yup things are happening
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by armyofone(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
sukkot:
hmmm you are very correct he did look like the missionary type

Next time, try say hello and small chat.

You didn't learn to drop "what's up" to brothers in Illinois?
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by YoungBruzzy(m): 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2023
Some people will say it’s jazz, while others will say it’s not. I once met this man, he was based in London, a well to do man oh. All of a sudden I heard he is back in Nigeria, like this man did not wait to resign at his place of work in London, he came back home with just a few belongings and that’s all. Even all the money in his bank account is there. Till today, he is in one bush in Ondo state buying n selling snails
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by armyofone(m): 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
Davicl:
Ok........... until 2006 angry that's when I knew that truth Truth village people get power no be joke o!a story for another day

Village people sigh. Mental health, psychology etc

You will be shocked to know different psychological problems tied to human beings/human minds.
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 11:15pm On Aug 02, 2023
armyofone:

Next time, try say hello and small chat.

You didn't learn to drop "what's up" to brothers in Illinois?

lol brah , Illinois and Europe ? Two different kettle of fish. In Europe black people avoid each other like the plague. They avoid eye contact . It’s that feeling of you don’t want white people to get uncomfortable when two or more of you gather . So black folk bone each other in Europe. Unless it’s someone you knew from naija
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by armyofone(m): 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Some people will say it’s jazz, while others will say it’s not. I once met this man, he was based in London, a well to do man oh. All of a sudden I heard he is back in Nigeria, like this man did not wait to resign at his place of work in London, he came back home with just a few belongings and that’s all. Even all the money in his bank account is there. Till today, he is in one bush in Ondo state buying n selling snails

I pray we know how to manage our individual life...so many things happening - one you can control and the ones you can't control! If one doesn't know how to navigate this life journey, one can go nuts!

Negative Stress is not a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 11:22pm On Aug 02, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked real story ?
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by AngelicBeing: 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by atheistandproud(m): 11:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Village people cookings

While growing up something similar happened to a friend's father.. he worked as FG worker, resigned and travelled in the early 1990s, he was sending in cars and all, after a while he secretly tried to marry another wife and relocate her... That was when his wife got him back home without anything

Again I remember my own first Japa experience, Got a Job a 5 star hotel in UAE, Free food, free accomodation average salary, and I was just fresh out of the university, Travel agent wants me to have travel experience so I paid good money

I worked 3months straight nightshift, no sleeping

3months straight no off days Mondays to Monday no break

Indian Boss yelling at you, Arab boss fighting you

8 to 12 hours standing on your feet

No friends as everyone were busy working to send money home

At a point I completely zombified, and blacked out, my mind was completely off

Apart for Vacation abroad, Nigeria remains the best country ever if you get good source of income..

Facts
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Dzzzz: 12:20am On Aug 03, 2023
Carcholce:

The sky was blue, stork fish were flying, the eagles were crossing the road grin grin
..He was talking like the fake Socrates..Ontop say him see person for Germany and in Nigeria..Is he even sure that person life sef better pass him own..
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Dzzzz: 12:22am On Aug 03, 2023
Carcholce:

The sky was blue, stork fish were flying, the eagles were crossing the road grin grin
...When he eat the guy crossing road for naija Shey him mama use plane cross road for Germany?!...Useless people with useless opinion..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bull Wandering On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos Today (Photos) / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class / Spain Schengen Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.