Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,076 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija (76227 Views)

See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos / What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles / Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by SageWithSarcasm(m): 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
Behold these idiots below repeating the lies that your Arab and European masters tell you about your culture. Any bad thing that happen to you is because of the people in the 'village.' Meaning, the people that gave you life are the same people that want to destroy your life. The fact that you believe this nonsense, is enough reason to shed tears for your low iq and lack of common sense. The foolish foreign imported religions of Christianity and Islam has rot your brains beyond redemption.

Shoro niyen
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Godmind2022(m): 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
sukkot:
So this is a very strange story which I think about till this day.

It was October 1st 2019 and I am coming to Nigeria with Lufthansa from Manchester and the stopover is Frankfurt. And so we get to Frankfurt and we had to ride this trolley tram bus thingy to our terminal.

That’s where I saw this character. He was sat in front of me clutching a small handbag. That’s all he had On him. His eyes looked cold and dead like someone who has seen everything there is to see in life and he had checked out of humanity. He had like a long Islam goatee. Young guy, maybe early thirties. He sat there and clutched his bag and stared with that dead empty look. He wasn’t being deported. He was on a voluntary journey of his own. I watched him for a little while but then we got to the terminal and alighted and I never saw him again.

I took the flight to naija. Got the cab at the airport and started the journey to the Airbnb I had booked in magodo. It was an evening and up in the sky were stork birds and eagles and the atmosphere was dusty looking as the sun was setting. So as I was in the car on the express about 3 miles away from the airport I saw someone climbing the dividers of the express way and trying to cross over to the other side to the bus stop to catch a bus , I adjusted my eyes very well and guess who it was? It was the strange guy who sat in front of me on the tram-bus in Frankfurt. He had absolutely no luggage with him. He had just the same small bag I saw him with and he was in the same clothes

Till today I always wonder what that guys story is . Did he actually walk out voluntarily on his own out of Frankfurt with a tiny bag and walk into the streets of ojota with nothing but the same bag and dangerously crossing the expressway ? Was he remote controlled into Nigeria ? It’s a very strange episode. I think of that guy to this day

You could have asked him what the matter was with him. A simple "Are you alright?" might have saved you all these nagging memories. Sometimes, a question, a smile, an hello, a greeting, a concern, a humanity is what we owe one another. Remember, the whole of the human race is flawed.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by marwanafrica: 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
sukkot:

It was October 1st 2019 and I am coming to Nigeria with Lufthansa from Manchester and the stopover is Frankfurt. And so we get to Frankfurt and we had to ride this trolley tram bus thingy to our terminal.

That’s where I saw this character. He was sat in front of me clutching a small handbag. That’s all he had On him. His eyes looked cold and dead like someone who has seen everything there is to see in life and he had checked out of humanity. He had like a long Islam goatee. Young guy, maybe early thirties. He sat there and clutched his bag and stared with that dead empty look. He wasn’t being deported. He was on a voluntary journey of his own. I watched him for a little while but then we got to the terminal and alighted and I never saw him again.

I took the flight to naija. Got the cab at the airport and started the journey to the Airbnb I had booked in magodo. It was an evening and up in the sky were stork birds and eagles and the atmosphere was dusty looking as the sun was setting. So as I was in the car on the express about 3 miles away from the airport I saw someone climbing the dividers of the express way and trying to cross over to the other side to the bus stop to catch a bus , I adjusted my eyes very well and guess who it was? It was the strange guy who sat in front of me on the tram-bus in Frankfurt. He had absolutely no luggage with him. He had just the same small bag I saw him with and he was in the same clothes

Till today I always wonder what that guys story is . Did he actually walk out voluntarily on his own out of Frankfurt with a tiny bag and walk into the streets of ojota with nothing but the same bag and dangerously crossing the expressway ? Was he remote controlled into Nigeria ? It’s a very strange episode. I think of that guy to this day

why didn't you go to him and ask him instead of us
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Ibime(m): 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
finallybusy:

7. Civilization nearly killed him. Having all the amenities of a working nation overwhelmed him. He couldn’t stand a soft life. Struggle is hard-coded in his DNA.

Hahaha. Dis guy want kill me with laughter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by deltateam: 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
Japa is not for everyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by AKWATGOLD1(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
You can't understand. The more you look the less you see that is what they called Total Recall using Africa metaphysical power.

sukkot:

1 Like

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Ibime(m): 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2023
Dzzzz:
Which one is ‘as the sun was setting and The sky was blue’..Right there I knew your story was trash.

grin grin grin

Inspector Bediako!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by NovusHomo(m): 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2023
sharpwriter:

Your number 5. Burna boy keh, what did burna boy do?

Amebo grin
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by NovusHomo(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Operation MK-Ultra.

He is probable one of the most active Obidients around today.

CIA got that nigger and sent him back to cause ruckus.

grin grin grin
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by spencekat(m): 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
Contango:

Same way I left KPMG😂

But I now work with an NOC though. This life sha!
KPMG?
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by donfreddie(m): 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
sukkot:

The story eh....

If you were okay after your trip till date,
Then your village people no succeed 😂😂😂.

Am sure you were hallucinating, it's possible something was just playing with ur mind.
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by SAMTOBIJU(m): 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
Jovialjune1:
So many things that happen in this world will shock you, the will and zeal to continue to exist after terrible experiences can only be from God.

100% on point

2 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by DonroxyII: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
Jovialjune1:
So many things that happen in this world will shock you, the will and zeal to continue to exist after terrible experiences can only be from God.
Omoh kiss

1 Like

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by theamazonguru(m): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Hw used to follow a gang in uk and one member stabbed someone to death. I think he was still under 18 then so they sent him back to live with his grandma in ibadan or so.

Chaiiiiiiii

Well,as long as he wasn't the culprit, I believe he is fine.
At least he has been going and coming severally.
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by egopersonified(f): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
finallybusy:
Many reasons. Many, many reasons.

1. Drug trafficker who was one step from getting caught. He had to “run back to his village” as Nigerians are prone to after committing crimes.

2. Naija boy who got mixed with a foreign woman. She kicked him out of his house with nothing but the handbag he held. All his belongings are in the country under her control. He mentally lost his will and came back home where men control everything.

3. Yahoo boy who felt his juju was about to run out. No time for unnecessary load, come home, get it renewed then return.

4. A struggling Nigerian who decided to visit home. No time to form anything unnecessary. Stay home for about a month or two then return to the brutal life of menial jobs in obodo oyibo.

5. A Nigerian wanted for a crime. We’ve seen idiots repeatedly run home after committing crimes. Burna boy too. The long arm of the law may catch him eventually.

6. A relative was terminally ill. No be belongings the person go chop when physical presence is the main koko.

My favourite which normally happens to Nairalanders.

7. Civilization nearly killed him. Having all the amenities of a working nation overwhelmed him. He couldn’t stand a soft life. Struggle is hard-coded in his DNA.

Wow, I am in Nigeria and presently facing number 7. To live a soft life now is very difficult for me after working hard for about 15 years.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Contango(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
spencekat:
KPMG?

Yea. Don’t get me wrong though, KPMG ain’t bad, but it wasn’t worth half the stress and pressure for me. I had other priorities. I think pWC should be better cuz most of my colleagues then were always writing PwC aptitude tests

1 Like

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

It does happen, but only to the special ones
Hope you found your higher purpose by now.

I'm no more in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Ofemmanu1: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Village people cookings

While growing up something similar happened to a friend's father.. he worked as FG worker, resigned and travelled in the early 1990s, he was sending in cars and all, after a while he secretly tried to marry another wife and relocate her... That was when his wife got him back home without anything

Again I remember my own first Japa experience, Got a Job a 5 star hotel in UAE, Free food, free accomodation average salary, and I was just fresh out of the university, Travel agent wants me to have travel experience so I paid good money

I worked 3months straight nightshift, no sleeping

3months straight no off days Mondays to Monday no break

Indian Boss yelling at you, Arab boss fighting you

8 to 12 hours standing on your feet

No friends as everyone are busy working

At a point I completely zombified, and blacked out, my mind was completely off

Apart for Vacation abroad, Nigeria remains the best country ever if you get good source of income..

So, came back to Nigeria empty handed too?!
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Dyfynezz12(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Mindlog:

Yes, he got better (there is no cure for it) as it was being well managed with a mix of psychotropic medication and psychotherapy but he never returned back to the UK as UK weather was one of his triggering factors, the sunlight there was not enough for him.
Wahala,what kind of sickness is that?
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Curse777: 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

So, came back to Nigeria empty handed too?!

Nope , quite my job and paid for an independent residency on a freezone.. that way I wasn't on work permit
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Clinton14(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2023
sukkot:

Only God knows his problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by mu2sa2: 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Village people cookings

While growing up something similar happened to a friend's father.. he worked as FG worker, resigned and travelled in the early 1990s, he was sending in cars and all, after a while he secretly tried to marry another wife and relocate her... That was when his wife got him back home without anything

Again I remember my own first Japa experience, Got a Job a 5 star hotel in UAE, Free food, free accomodation average salary, and I was just fresh out of the university, Travel agent wants me to have travel experience so I paid good money

Apart for Vacation abroad, Nigeria remains the best country ever if you get good source of income..

This reminds me of a story i heard sometime ago. A nigerian man who was on his very first trip outside nigeria saw a security guard at the entrance of a shop in london. On a closer look he recognised him as a former lecturer at a federal university. Imagine, from university lecturer to "maigad" all because of japa stupidity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by spartachico(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
He has successfully delivered the drugs and there’s nothing more to do than come back home and get his balance

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
theamazonguru:

Wow, that's amazing.
You left a whole Deloitte chaiiii.

But what exactly was your reason.
Talking about peace, was the work environment anti-peace.

Sorry to ask, I am just curious.

I had my eyes on Deloitte.

Yes i left due to the toxic work environment and i felt stuck and depressed. Although presently I am no longer in Nigeria.

My advise, do what gives you joy! If you have the opportunity to move abroad move, see and explore the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by OneCandleAway(f): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
theamazonguru:

Chaiiiiiiii

Well,as long as he wasn't the culprit, I believe he is fine.
At least he has been going and coming severally.

For a while he couldn't travel to UK. They later sorted it out somehow though
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
AKWATGOLD1:
You can't understand. The more you look the less you see that is what they called Total Recall using Africa metaphysical power.

lol
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Operation MK-Ultra.

He is probable one of the most active Obidients around today.

CIA got that nigger and sent him back to cause ruckus.
lol funny
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by sukkot: 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2023
GloriousGbola:
My mans sukkot on fp again.
My Chief, to God be the glory. I go kill goat for celebration lmao 😄
Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Curse777: 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2023
mu2sa2:
This reminds me of a story i heard sometime ago. A nigerian man who was on his very first trip outside nigeria saw a security guard at the entrance of a shop in london. On a closer look he recognised him as a former lecturer at a federal university. Imagine, from university lecturer to "maigad" all because of japa stupidity.

What you called Japa stupidity is simply curiosity... You know we grew up watching Hollywood movie and think abroad is heaven

Lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
LastProphet:

I think you are still mad slightly

Hahaha you're very funny. If you're a very ambitious individual you will understand. The more you have/get, you still want more!!

6 Likes

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by Quebec91(m): 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2023
That concluding part said it all
Curse777:
cool

Village people cookings

Re: Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija by theamazonguru(m): 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
Opurumiri:

Yes i left due to the toxic work environment and i felt stuck and depressed. Although presently I am no longer in Nigeria.

My advise, do what gives you joy! If you have the opportunity to move abroad move, see and explore the world.

Hmmmmmmnnn.
Truth.
That abroad thing is one thing that has been giving me a hell of headache in making decision.
You know what I mean, when u live in your own house here, earn 7 figures. Now going abroad to start all over again. What's the probability you won't work your ass out to live well and equally have good savings ... My big concern.

It is well

I am happy for you jare.
Nice to know you are doing well abroad. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bull Wandering On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos Today (Photos) / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.