Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. (98054 Views)

Accident At Ogudu GRA, Lagos This Morning / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Greenscientist: 7:59am On Aug 05, 2023
pachigo001:
keep showing people your ignorance

I'm not someone that take tribal sentiment on my head, I'm just saying the truth.

Only Ibadan is bigger than the whole of Abia state, Oyo state and Southeast are on par in term of land mass - Go and verify😁

This means there is no much land to go round. You systematically buys Front lanes of cities not because you're richer than your host, but because your host majorly don't like business and will prefer to sell a land of 1M for 15m and go and start life somewhere else. Ultimately, you people becomes Yoruba along the way.

The green/purple/yellow roofs you people have are because they are newly built houses and they are due to two reasons.

1. You people are ready to share property immediately your parent die

2. There are not many land to go round

You people know business 🤝 but that doesn't mean your host are not successful, if they don't have the purchasing power you would not be here. How many USA company is in Nigeria?

A Yoruba lecturer with 400k in a month is content but a Igbo counterpart will look into business and will be financially better than the first but that doesn't the first is not content with what he have.

1 Like

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by do4luv14(m): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2023
helinues:

Give you port? Who gave Lagos the new Lekki deep port?

Only a failure blamed others for his woes

Can you tell me why the FG had refused to grant same to them, worst still, there are individuals, private companies, who can done such locally,

And still there had been an out cry, by private firms, and individual to FG, concerning those our malfunctioning Refinary, yet, the same FG, went and grant Dangote licence to build new one, even on credits,

tell me why
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Okoroawusa: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2023
What is the essence of these kinds of threads that you Igbos and Yorubas open on Nairaland all the time.

There are no good and interesting threads to read and follow anymore. Sometimes I have to go to the romance section and even deeper to sexuality sub-section to read threads and comments that would be funny, relaxing and devoid of toxic and tribalistic comments.

Even the matter don tire Seun and my guy Mynd44 despite all their efforts to stem the trend.

Abeg make I commot for this thread.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by yommen: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2023
Nice2023:

We are travellers and we shall keep digging out places for adventure and for the good of humanity.

I schooled in Lagos primary and secondary,graduated in the east and currently in the north and I am still on the move.

That is our nature.

You move from your own place to other places because you felt those other places have more to offer you. Bro, we travel out more often than moving to other parts of Nigeria to seek greener pastures. There are Odudua shrines in the US, in Brazil and there are very populated Yoruba communities in th UK.

So because you don't see us traveling more to the east doesn't mean we sit down and never move. I know the number of my colleagues who have travelled to the UK and the US in the past 10 through different means. Why I never travel na because I go dey do useless investments where I have lost a lot of money, including failed fish farm business. All is adding up to pay me bigger at the long run by God's grace.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Mccullum: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2023
It's you confusing your self, don't you know different between village and town? If you're not from village why calling your self villager.

There's the different between I'm going to my own town and going to my own village. Or I'm going to our own city. Do you expect somebody that came from Benin city to be saying he's going to its own village.

Next time tell people when you're traveling that you're going to your home town of home city.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Nyne: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2023
helinues:

Give you port? Who gave Lagos the new Lekki deep port?

Only a failure blamed others for his woes

Federal government too should help them create a functioning port.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Nice2023(m): 8:18am On Aug 05, 2023
ponishah:

You people and Fulani people are the same ; waka waka

Any how u want to describe us no problem.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by sweetgala(m): 8:22am On Aug 05, 2023
Workch:
they generated the revenue because federal government gave the apapa and tincam monopoly for years. Which brought businesses hence revenue.

It's simple

Lagos doesn't collect money from Apapa and Tin can they are both FG assets. They are even a burden and not an asset because the congestion affects other economic activities on Lagos.

The request for special status for Lagos state was upended by a legislator of SE origin who was representing Lagos at the time, which was rather upsetting.

Warri port Oone are functional but are not being used because of cost, and less ships want to berth there because of piracy the insurance costs are ridiculous making shipping along that lane expensive. The largest ship to ever visit a Nigerian port come to Oone just some years ago I think 2018/2019. FG even reduced all rates and taxes for those ports to encourage their use.

1 Like

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by sweetgala(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2023
Nyne:

Federal government too should help them create a functioning port.

Oone and Warri are functional but people still choose to use Lagos. Duties for those ports have even been waived in some cases to encourage their use

2 Likes

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by emmy9500: 8:26am On Aug 05, 2023
Workch:
Give us a functioning port close to us, then watch what happens. Leave all these politics or monopolizing ports

I assume you are from the East, Is Lagos the closest port to East? I think there is more to doing business in Lagos than the port

I might be wrong
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2023
Jogs1900:

Who gave Edo state Gelegele port?Tell your governors not to be relying on handout.
I'll call him right now nd tell him sad
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by JetApartment: 9:18am On Aug 05, 2023
helinues:
Imagine, leaving this Eldorado and be living in a slum in Obodo Lagos

Chai

If everybody stayed back in their villages and the British never left Britain to colonize Nigeria and making Lagos capital city of Nigeria and the Portuguese traders never traded in Lagos, Do you think Lagos will be the commercial hub of Nigeria? Lagos will still be fishermen village...I am sure you and many other Lagos chest beaters know nothing about the history of Lagos hence your level of ignorance.

I bet my balls you don't know Lagos is a Portuguese word, the Portuguese traders named Lagos what it is today....Google it.

Common sense is indeed not common.

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by JAMO84: 9:24am On Aug 05, 2023
Workch:
Give us a functioning port close to us, then watch what happens. Leave all these politics or monopolizing ports
So every Igbo in Lagos is an importer
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Ellasure: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2023
Workch:
they generated the revenue because federal government gave the apapa and tincam monopoly for years. Which brought businesses hence revenue.

It's simple

think and think well. where in the dot nation can you site a sea or river port of the size of your imagination?

why is it that some people go to school but always fail to use proper and good logical reasons to write good public policy.

who could be stopping a whole dot nation from getting whatever they truly desire? it is pretty obvious that most dot nation frontliners are just jambleries of this world ie not made of serious stuff, poorly educated and low information people.

some people have learnt not to waste time and energy responding to stupid and foolish reasoning.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by biremi(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2023
helinues:

What exactly is stopping others from having a port?

Even Ogun state already working or already have dry port yet una dey give unnecessary excuse why you can't get yourself one

My dear, ports are in the exclusive list, this means only the federal government decides which ones work
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Ugohenryugo(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2023
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]As Nwafor wey i be, i don do the listing.
I couldnt do much as i was not able to zoom the image from my phone gallery. Make una manage this one for now. Ops, i bu onye ofe ole?

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by sirblend: 10:18am On Aug 05, 2023
Workch:
Really, GEJ? That one na person?

So why hasn't other ports been functioning optimally if it's a deliberate?

Can Lagos generate revenue if business don't move to lagos because of the ports?

But why can't the SE government come together and build a functioning port for ships...

Or build power stations that will supply electricity to SE state...
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by sunnyprof: 10:18am On Aug 05, 2023
Workch:

Warri Port, Calabar and Port Harcourt are very close ..... what happened?
Ibo man no go ever patronize his brother, he fears they will overthrow his game!!
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by codemaniacs: 10:20am On Aug 05, 2023
Goodman2023:
... hahaha...what is lekki deep sea port ? What revenue or business activities has it brought to lagos?

Apapa port is still the reason why more than 50% of igbo business men go to lagos...same way government created Apapa in lagos, that same government can create one in Port Harcourt or akwa ibom

The meaning of PH is "Port Harcourt"...

How can a city have the name Port in it and in your brain there's no port there.

There are also:
Calabar port
Onne port
Warri port..

The SW has only 2 ports which are both in Lagos..

While Eastern Nigeria has 4 ports

read below
bigadler:

Those are not South Eastern states... And who told you they don't have ports in Rivers and Akwa Ibom? A lot of commercial ships berth in those 2 states.

Most of you don't even know your region, you just come here to argue... what Igbos need to ask for is a functional rail system so that goods leaving Lagos and other ports can enter the south east seamlessly. Not all these "give us ports" noise, pls.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Bfly: 10:20am On Aug 05, 2023
Of what essence is this? The northerners are not even into these, yet they have the richest people.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by codemaniacs: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2023
pachigo001:
rivers state is there and akwa ibom

The meaning of PH is "Port Harcourt"...

How can a city have the name Port in it and in your brain there's no port there.

the capital of Rivers state is PORT harcourt.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by codemaniacs: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2023
Igboslayer:
You have functional ports in Warri, PH, Bonny and Calabar. They work till this day, shut up and import through these port and stop making foolish excuses with the loudest noise.

Let me tell you the truth, your people do not have the economic power to buy those things… na the same Yorubas you hate dey consume your products.

Because you make sales in Lagos, na ghost dey buy your goods? Those your poor village dwellers no get shishsi.

like bigadler has said in the quote below.. Igbos themselves don't know anything about their own region..

they just like to attack and derogate the SW.

bigadler:

Those are not South Eastern states... And who told you they don't have ports in Rivers and Akwa Ibom? A lot of commercial ships berth in those 2 states.

Most of you don't even know your region, you just come here to argue... what Igbos need to ask for is a functional rail system so that goods leaving Lagos and other ports can enter the south east seamlessly. Not all these "give us ports" noise, pls.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by leisuretym: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2023
You are one of the great mind on here, I’m impressed, you are different not to have replied with insult , you had to take time to reply with this long piece, thanks for your time.

franchasofficia:
I love your side of argument. Nigeria needs to move from just being a consuming nation to a productive nation, that is from consumption to production.

But no matter which, the supply chain end of business remains one of the biggest and most lucrative all over the world, and Igbos have mastered and taken over this sector, so whether Nigeria bans importation and capitalizes on manufacturing or not, the supply end will continue, that is why one of the most important departments in every company is "the marketing and sales" department because if you produce and unable to sell, you will shutdown with time.

Buying and selling will never die till the world ends and what Igbos have mastered is the art of buying and selling.

You think Igbos sell only imported goods? Then you are completely wrong. They are at the biggest end of marketing and selling agricultural products from even far away North cos they have this traveling spirit to explore anywhere on earth without fear, which was why it seemed like the Igbos dominated importation business (it is because they travel to where others are scared to travel to, and they are always the first to discover opportunities in those places they migrate to). Its because as they love traveling to just anywhere, they discover opportunities, they discover cheaper goods and products that can sell cheaper back home, so they import them in, if its within Nigeria, they buy them from the remote areas and bring to the cities to sell in their supermarkets, shops, etc as ordinary traders but the koko is their source.

People accuse Peter Obi of being just an importer but they don't know that Peter Obi is one of the biggest sellers of Naija made agro products from far North using his Next Supermarket stores scattered all over Nigeria.

Due to Igbo peoples traveling and touring nature, they dominate transport and logistics industry in Nigeria, so its beyond importation like most of you think.

The only thing that makes Igbos stand out is their entrepreneurial spirit; a typical Igbo person if given a good paying white collar job and a good business opportunity would take business opportunity, this was how their dominance in business started; while the Yorubas were busy going to school to obtain formal educational certificate to secure a job in the organized sector, the Igbos were busy focusing on servicing people by providing goods and services they needed through opening shops to sell things, etc, and many looked down on them as ordinary traders.

It was of recent with advent of internet and social media that other Nigerians began to embrace business and entrepreneurship, buying and selling like the Igbos, before it was seen as petty business for uneducated people and their income was highly underrated.

So its beyond importation, its an entrepreneurship cultural thing in Igbos, and due to failures of successive Nigerian governments of many years that failed to industrialize Nigeria, it made Igbos to capitalize on importation like its their major trade.

Even most Igbos that started as importers today are into local production and manufacturing, including Aliko Dangote.

Belloxy Industries and many more are example of Igbo business owners that started as importers but today are fully into local manufacturing. Me with some group of Igbo childhood friends wanted to start local manufacturing of a certain product in Nigeria, we were almost set and was in the process of bringing in the machines and production equipment when the professionals we hired to do a thorough business research gave us a shocking report that without a constant electricity supply of at least 18hrs a day, that we won't break even in the business.

That if we operate on generator as planned, that we will shutdown business in at most 5 years time. And the location we wanted to site the plant due to availability of the raw material lacked constant electricity. We had to quit and refocused in other businesses.

This is one of the major reasons many Igbos including myself haven't ventured into full scale local manufacturing and production, so its not as if we enjoy the importation more than local production.

In fact, as a result of the lack of functional seaport in the Southeast, most Igbos would prefer local manufacturing and production to importation if given the opportunity to choose.

In summary, what I am trying to let you know is that Igbos are not just importers, nope, Igbos are seasoned entrepreneurs. Forget the few bad news of some unscrupulous Igbo guys trafficking drugs in different countries and tarnishing the image of the great Igbos, they are just a few unscrupulous individuals.

To tell you that Igbos are not just known for importation, if you have traveled around different countries of the world or know anybody that have, ask them, there is no country you would go to and not find an Igbo person doing excellently well in one local business there and flying the image of the blacks or foreigners high there. Go to South Korea, China, Chile, Indonesia, Japan, etc, I am intentionally naming none western or African nations, go and find out. If they are not running the biggest foreign restaurant, they own the biggest local logistics businesses or agro processing business. In Korea they own the biggest African-owned textile repackaging and rebranding businesses, same in China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, etc.

So its beyond Nigerian importation, they only capitalize on importation into Nigeria because they are the most traveled tribe in Nigeria and as they travel around the world looking for opportunities, once they see something cheap that they feel will be needed by Nigerians in Nigeria, they find ways to create opportunity to start sending those stuff to Nigeria to sell for profit, and that is how they start the importation and I don't see anything bad there because most of those things they bring in from other countries, Nigeria will never be able to produce them even in 1million years even if we turn Nigeria to an industrialized nation.

USA being one of the biggest industrialized nations in the world, still remains the biggest importer of goods and services in the world, so lets not paint importation as a very bad business cos no matter how much we move into local production and manufacturing as a country, we must continue to import, if not finished goods, we will import raw materials and machineries needed for the local industries and we must also export our excess finished products to other countries and Igbos still dominate the export business just as they dominate the import sector too, so its a cultural thing for Igbos when it comes to business, and one of the biggest leverage they have over other Nigerian tribes when it comes to importation and exportation is their travel-nature which makes them have a strong business presence in virtually all countries of the world.

So as people de mock Igbos that they don't like staying in their region in Nigeria, it also comes with great advantages when it comes to international business contact and spread; Igbos are everywhere, which makes Igbos the backbone of Nigeria's import and export sector.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by codemaniacs: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2023
franchasofficia:
Igbo people's breakthrough is not hinged on seaport please, stop making such disastrous assertion.

With or without seaport, people ought to prosper, a region should prosper too.

Not all USA states have seaport, yet they are prosperous in their own pace. And we must also learn to stop measuring prick with Lagos, Lagos is far ahead of every other Nigerian state, and it is not the making of any Yoruba man or woman dead or alive, it is as a result of many factors, firstly, Lagos geographical location/natural blessings, secondly the privilege of being Nigeria's longest capital city.

Most US States move their things to Texas to export outside US, same applies to their import and they don't complain that their state is not progressing because they don't have seaport, its not a good thing to say please.

And you guys must understand that Lagos success owes tribute to Lagos geographical location and natural blessings that is beyond human factor.

Every nation on earth have their financial or commercial center that is mostly not their capital city.

Lagos is Nigeria's commercial center and nothing anybody can do about it until Nigeria seizes to exist.

India is Mumbai.

UAE is Dubai

China is Shanghai and Guangzhou

Japan is Tokyo

US is New York City

Australia is Sydney

Canada is Toronto

South Africa is Johannesburg

etc, etc.

But the only place I have issue with most Yorubas is that they always abandon their state of origin to claim Lagosian, thereby making other Yoruba states to be abandoned and underdeveloped despite how close they are to Lagos the commerical center of Nigeria.

Aside Lagos, and some parts of Ogun that are interwoven into Lagos, and Ibadan, the rest of Yoruba states are nothing to write home about and cant be compared to Southeast states like Imo, Anambra, and Enugu. I expected Southwest states to tap into Lagos enormous blessings to turn their states into mini Lagos, but due to Yoruba peoples culture and lifestyle of abandoning their ancestral hometowns for big cities, they always shy away from going back to their indigenous states to develop them using Lagos as a template, if Yorubas learn to do this, the whole Southwest will be a massive city unlike what it is now; Yorubas need to remove pride and learn this great aspect of Igbos who always go back to develop their indigenous hometowns, if Yorubas learn this, Southwest as a whole will become a paradise.

Lagos is not the commercial center of Nigeria, It is the commercial center of Yoruba people.

before Lagos was the capital of Nigeria and before the invasion by the br:itish thieves it was the commercial center of the Yoruba Empire all the way to the borders between Togo and Ghana was Yoruba territory...

When you call Lagos the collective growth of Nigerians then you are undermining the Yorubas and all the work they did and their ancestors did and achieved in Lagos..

Stop rewriting history with fake news and fake history.

Lagos was a farm and commercial point of the Oyo Empire and was occupied by Yoruba warriors and it extended into benin republic and Togo.

Yorubaland and Yoruba people does not end in Nigeria or Lagos, it ends in Togo and some parts of Ghana.

When the Portuguese came they traded with Yorubas in the places now called Lagos, Cotonou and Porto Novo.

Lagos, cotonou and Porto Novo used to be one whole Yoruba farm and commercial point.

Lagos was called Oko.

Yorubas don't want the entire SW to be a massive city because there is need for farming and feeding themselves with what they grow..

Oyo state is 28,454 km²

while

Imo State is 5,530 km²
Enugu state is 7,161 km²
Abia state is 4,902 km²
Ebonyi state is 6,400 km²
Anambra state is 4,844 km²

5530 +7161 + 4902 + 6400 + 4844 = 28,837km²

Only Oyo state is the size of 5 South eastern states...

Don't ever compare SW to the SE..

the amount of cities in the SW will swallow up the entire SE and there won't be space to farm...
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by codemaniacs: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2023
franchasofficia:
I love your side of argument. Nigeria needs to move from just being a consuming nation to a productive nation, that is from consumption to production.

But no matter which, the supply chain end of business remains one of the biggest and most lucrative all over the world, and Igbos have mastered and taken over this sector, so whether Nigeria bans importation and capitalizes on manufacturing or not, the supply end will continue, that is why one of the most important departments in every company is "the marketing and sales" department because if you produce and unable to sell, you will shutdown with time.

Buying and selling will never die till the world ends and what Igbos have mastered is the art of buying and selling.

You think Igbos sell only imported goods? Then you are completely wrong. They are at the biggest end of marketing and selling agricultural products from even far away North cos they have this traveling spirit to explore anywhere on earth without fear, which was why it seemed like the Igbos dominated importation business (it is because they travel to where others are scared to travel to, and they are always the first to discover opportunities in those places they migrate to). Its because as they love traveling to just anywhere, they discover opportunities, they discover cheaper goods and products that can sell cheaper back home, so they import them in, if its within Nigeria, they buy them from the remote areas and bring to the cities to sell in their supermarkets, shops, etc as ordinary traders but the koko is their source.

People accuse Peter Obi of being just an importer but they don't know that Peter Obi is one of the biggest sellers of Naija made agro products from far North using his Next Supermarket stores scattered all over Nigeria.

Due to Igbo peoples traveling and touring nature, they dominate transport and logistics industry in Nigeria, so its beyond importation like most of you think.

The only thing that makes Igbos stand out is their entrepreneurial spirit; a typical Igbo person if given a good paying white collar job and a good business opportunity would take business opportunity, this was how their dominance in business started; while the Yorubas were busy going to school to obtain formal educational certificate to secure a job in the organized sector, the Igbos were busy focusing on servicing people by providing goods and services they needed through opening shops to sell things, etc, and many looked down on them as ordinary traders.

It was of recent with advent of internet and social media that other Nigerians began to embrace business and entrepreneurship, buying and selling like the Igbos, before it was seen as petty business for uneducated people and their income was highly underrated.

So its beyond importation, its an entrepreneurship cultural thing in Igbos, and due to failures of successive Nigerian governments of many years that failed to industrialize Nigeria, it made Igbos to capitalize on importation like its their major trade.

Even most Igbos that started as importers today are into local production and manufacturing, including Aliko Dangote.

Belloxy Industries and many more are example of Igbo business owners that started as importers but today are fully into local manufacturing. Me with some group of Igbo childhood friends wanted to start local manufacturing of a certain product in Nigeria, we were almost set and was in the process of bringing in the machines and production equipment when the professionals we hired to do a thorough business research gave us a shocking report that without a constant electricity supply of at least 18hrs a day, that we won't break even in the business.

That if we operate on generator as planned, that we will shutdown business in at most 5 years time. And the location we wanted to site the plant due to availability of the raw material lacked constant electricity. We had to quit and refocused in other businesses.

This is one of the major reasons many Igbos including myself haven't ventured into full scale local manufacturing and production, so its not as if we enjoy the importation more than local production.

In fact, as a result of the lack of functional seaport in the Southeast, most Igbos would prefer local manufacturing and production to importation if given the opportunity to choose.

In summary, what I am trying to let you know is that Igbos are not just importers, nope, Igbos are seasoned entrepreneurs. Forget the few bad news of some unscrupulous Igbo guys trafficking drugs in different countries and tarnishing the image of the great Igbos, they are just a few unscrupulous individuals.

To tell you that Igbos are not just known for importation, if you have traveled around different countries of the world or know anybody that have, ask them, there is no country you would go to and not find an Igbo person doing excellently well in one local business there and flying the image of the blacks or foreigners high there. Go to South Korea, China, Chile, Indonesia, Japan, etc, I am intentionally naming none western or African nations, go and find out. If they are not running the biggest foreign restaurant, they own the biggest local logistics businesses or agro processing business. In Korea they own the biggest African-owned textile repackaging and rebranding businesses, same in China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, etc.

So its beyond Nigerian importation, they only capitalize on importation into Nigeria because they are the most traveled tribe in Nigeria and as they travel around the world looking for opportunities, once they see something cheap that they feel will be needed by Nigerians in Nigeria, they find ways to create opportunity to start sending those stuff to Nigeria to sell for profit, and that is how they start the importation and I don't see anything bad there because most of those things they bring in from other countries, Nigeria will never be able to produce them even in 1million years even if we turn Nigeria to an industrialized nation.

USA being one of the biggest industrialized nations in the world, still remains the biggest importer of goods and services in the world, so lets not paint importation as a very bad business cos no matter how much we move into local production and manufacturing as a country, we must continue to import, if not finished goods, we will import raw materials and machineries needed for the local industries and we must also export our excess finished products to other countries and Igbos still dominate the export business just as they dominate the import sector too, so its a cultural thing for Igbos when it comes to business, and one of the biggest leverage they have over other Nigerian tribes when it comes to importation and exportation is their travel-nature which makes them have a strong business presence in virtually all countries of the world.

So as people de mock Igbos that they don't like staying in their region in Nigeria, it also comes with great advantages when it comes to international business contact and spread; Igbos are everywhere, which makes Igbos the backbone of Nigeria's import and export sector.

If you wanted to open a factory in Nigeria you can use solar panels to generate your electricity...

USA imports from their own companies outside the U:S or companies they own a percentage of its the same way En:gland imports fuel from its Eng:land owned Shell oil company in Nigeria.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by ProblemChild1: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2023
leokid866:
I would use Onne port if I was closer to Onne port.....because you are not using it doesn't mean others aren't
Onne Port is not fully functioning like apapa and tin tincan port. Make una try travel and learn new things for life.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by franchasofficia: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2023
codemaniacs:

If you wanted to open a factory in Nigeria you can use solar panels to generate your electricity...
The nature of the manufacturing we wanted to do, the machines consume lots of energy and only 3 phase can carry them, and we involved an alternative energy firm to give us cost, the cost alone was more than 400million, if you add that to cost of machines, raw materials, factory house and staff quarters, it was going to 1billion plus, and our financial power never reach that level na, so we quit cheesy
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by omababe(f): 10:54am On Aug 05, 2023
It is said that opportunity comes but once. This is such kind of opportunity to Earn atleast $300(250k) monthly with your smartphone.

JSYK, I made my first sale one day after publishing my first book as an Amazon publisher(even as a student). And since then, I've earned quite a bit on Amazon wink wink

Quickly, the aim of this Masterclass is stated below:

1. I want to help as much as every participants to start their Amazon kdp Journey for free.

How:

🎯I will be instructing you on how you can set up your Amazon kdp account for FREE.

🎯I will be instructing you on how to link Your US account with your Amazon kdp account.

🎯Lastly I will be taking only those that are willing to the NEXT STAGE which will be on Book creation using the writing without writing formula for low content books and No content books but the criteria is that they must have follow through to set up their Amazon KDP account.

Note: This FREE Masterclass is worth $100(75k).
If you're interested, chat me on the number on my signature.
Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by xtervaganza(m): 10:55am On Aug 05, 2023
Workch:
wetin do one ports?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Trailer Transporting Airplane Causes Gridlock In Edo / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.