Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister (30973 Views)

Rerun: We’ve Done Our Calculation Well, Tinubu Won’t Be On Ballot, LP Claims / I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke / Senate Clears 8 Nominees For Appointment As Justices Of The Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Abifarin16: 5:19am On Aug 01, 2023
JDJDjD:

Wike was the greedy one too
Atiku told them point blank that he will only accept zoning the presidency to SE but Wike allowed the presidency to be thrown opened because he thought he could defeat the politics of the North
He is digging his political grave
It's just a matter of time
Nobody regard Ameachi again

Assuming the SE got the ticket for PDp, they still would have lost. Which SE person would have a political acceptance and weigh that reaches further north that you know. Who would be that person's running mate? Serious permutations dey politics no be 5aside football ooo.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by JDJDjD: 5:40am On Aug 01, 2023
Abifarin16:
Assuming the SE got the ticket for PDp, they still would have lost. Which SE person would have a political acceptance and weigh that reaches further north that you know. Who would be that person's running mate? Serious permutations dey politics no be 5aside football ooo.
Obi used relatively unknow party of LP to get 6million plus votes despite been heavily rigged out in Rivers, Benue, Plateau, Lagos, akwa ibom, bayelsa, kaduna and in many other states. all these happened under 6months. despite the rigging, the vote difference where just 2million plus

Obi wont have left PDP and he would have picked the ticket and won easily
But APC would have went for Osinbajo or Ameachi instead of Tinubu because with Tinubu in APC and OBI in PDP, the gap PDP would have used to win will just be too much
Atiku would have heavily backed Obi
kwakwanso would have accepted to be OBI vice in PDP and he would have brought Kano votes.

Wike destroyed PDP for his selfish interest.
he was allowed to appoint party chairman and excos everytime since 2015. just because he didnt have his way this one time, he now destroyed the party.
pray not to have the Wike kind of people around u
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Abifarin16: 6:24am On Aug 01, 2023
JDJDjD:

Obi used relatively unknow party of LP to get 6million plus votes despite been heavily rigged out in Rivers, Benue, Plateau, Lagos, akwa ibom, bayelsa, kaduna and in many other states. all these happened under 6months. despite the rigging, the vote difference where just 2million plus

[b]Obi wont have left PDP and he would have picked the ticket and won easil[/b]y
But APC would have went for Osinbajo or Ameachi instead of Tinubu because with Tinubu in APC and OBI in PDP, the gap PDP would have used to win will just be too much
Atiku would have heavily backed Obi
kwakwanso would have accepted to be OBI vice in PDP and he would have brought Kano votes.

Wike destroyed PDP for his selfish interest.
he was allowed to appoint party chairman and excos everytime since 2015. just because he didnt have his way this one time, he now destroyed the party.
pray not to have the Wike kind of people around u
Why did Obi leave PDP?
One thing I am very sure of Atiku's will not back Obi to be president. How do I support My running mate? You mean he should be VP a second time? Where is the sense in that?
Why did Kwankwaso not join labour party if that was the case? You listed states that Obi did well in you are however forgetting states like sokoto, jigawa, Kastina, Kebbi etc where Peter Obi/Lp were insignificant.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by JDJDjD: 8:06am On Aug 01, 2023
Abifarin16:
Why did Obi leave PDP?
One thing I am very sure of Atiku's will not back Obi to be president. How do I support My running mate? You mean he should be VP a second time? Where is the sense in that?
Why did Kwankwaso not join labour party if that was the case? You listed states that Obi did well in you are however forgetting states like sokoto, jigawa, Kastina, Kebbi etc where Peter Obi/Lp were insignificant.
Please read the comment again and do it slowly this time
I know u hate Obi that's why u allowed ur emotions to cloud ur reasoning.
I never said Atiku will be a VP to Obi, i only said he will back Obi heavily
Kwakwanso refused to join LP because he believed LP had no structure to win national election
Nobody ever believed Obi could mount a serious challenge with an unknown party as he did.
No politician alive will be able to do what Obi did with LP

The same way Obi didn't get much votes in the core North, same way Tinubu and Atiku didn't get significant votes in the SE and some part of SS
U are always quick to call sokoto and Jigawa without knowing that u Only need a majority of the votes cast and 25% in 24 states and FCT to be declared winner

Despite not having significant votes in those areas u mentioned, he still got 6million plus votes despite depletion of his votes by INEC and APC
The people that got all the votes from sokoto to Jigawa and zamfara plus INEC, how Many votes did dey finally end up with?

Let even take into consideration Rivers state which everybody is aware of
If RIVERS votes where allowed to stand, Obi would have won 12 states and FCT why Atiku will have 12 and Tinubu will have 11 and kwakwanso 1

The world actually know Obi won the election fair and square
Let me not even mention akwa ibom, bayelsa and other PDP states he was heavily rigged out or Ekiti, ondo, oyo that he got more than 25%
Just one polling unit in oyo, he scored over a thousand votes but yet INEC allocated nor even upto 25% to him in oyo
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Abifarin16: 9:46am On Aug 01, 2023
JDJDjD:

Please read the comment again and do it slowly this time
I know u hate Obi that's why u allowed ur emotions to cloud ur reasoning.
I never said Atiku will be a VP to Obi, i only said he will back Obi heavily
Kwakwanso refused to join LP because he believed LP had no structure to win national election
Nobody ever believed Obi could mount a serious challenge with an unknown party as he did.
No politician alive will be able to do what Obi did with LP

The same way Obi didn't get much votes in the core North, same way Tinubu and Atiku didn't get significant votes in the SE and some part of SS
U are always quick to call sokoto and Jigawa without knowing that u Only need a majority of the votes cast and 25% in 24 states and FCT to be declared winner

Despite not having significant votes in those areas u mentioned, he still got 6million plus votes despite depletion of his votes by INEC and APC
The people that got all the votes from sokoto to Jigawa and zamfara plus INEC, how Many votes did dey finally end up with?

Let even take into consideration Rivers state which everybody is aware of
If RIVERS votes where allowed to stand, Obi would have won 12 states and FCT why Atiku will have 12 and Tinubu will have 11 and kwakwanso 1

The world actually know Obi won the election fair and square
Let me not even mention akwa ibom, bayelsa and other PDP states he was heavily rigged out or Ekiti, ondo, oyo that he got more than 25%
Just one polling unit in oyo, he scored over a thousand votes but yet INEC allocated nor even upto 25% to him in oyo
It will be a cold day in hell if Atiku's backs Obi's presidency, while being in the same party. I don't know where you come from but it is obvious you don't understand how northerns play their politics, how they have become a Force to always Align with politically in NigeriA. I don't hate Peter Obi Infact i rooted for him, however the mainstay here is Wike and what he did to the PDP, which I standby because like I stated, Muazu the former govt of the state I am resident in did the same to Goodluch Jonathan, that's how they brought Buhari and the APC into power in 2015, all is just in politics. The rest of the region in Nigeria has been play regional politics, it only Peter Obi now that has crossed the regional threshold, and maybe Okowa because of Atiku. Oga the north Dan dey this thing for long. When Tinubu is done ruling for the South, Peter Obi could be the next Southern flagship after him who again? but the north Will field Atiku again, Kwankwaso, is there, Tambuwal, El Rufai, Kaura from Bauchi, even Datti now has some northern appeal. The south needs to come together and become Aformidble force against the north. Nigeria is north and South All that 6geo-political zone is illusion. Atiku's Suggesting The presidency going to the SE, when Obi left PDP why didn't he back Wike instead. Tambuwal stepped down for Atiku, and mess Woke's chance of emerging the Flagbearer. Dont forget the sequence of the event. Like I asked why did Peter Obi leave if Atiku's really wanted a SE candidate?
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by mastermaestro(m): 9:48am On Aug 01, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Every Tinubu supporter will of course feel it's a good move because it makes Tinubu appear to be inclusive. It actually weakens Wike in his South-South homebase that is primarily PDP with LP gaining popularity. Rigging Rivers election doesn't make him popular. He just got a slot in the cabinet for the job.

The only person who gains is Tinubu. Wike has undersold himself, or perhaps people wrongly thought he was more than he actually is.
Ministers who were in Abuja from 2015-2023, how many of them are relevant in national politics right now?

A senate position would have been more honourable for Wike.

Senate without a principal position? Going to the senate would have sent him into political oblivion. You would only be heard at and from the senate if you held an important office right there.

By the way I hope you are not referring to me as Tinubu's supporter. If so, then this whole conversation wouldn't be worth it. sad
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by DrAkpa(m): 10:34am On Aug 01, 2023
mannabbq*grills aka NLPoliceWoman:
Welcome on board Wike the wicked producer.

Dem Mama husband himself.

Carry Go
@ mannabbq*grills aka NLPoliceWoman
Which appointment dem give you after all your ass kissing and eating buhari's shiit for the past 8yrs?
I just pity you, ffk, keyamo and onunuga. Na hunger go kee una for the next 8yrs
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by DrAkpa(m): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2023
MANNABBQ*GRILLS (NLPoliceWoman):
Welcome on board Wike the wicked producer.

Dem Mama husband himself.

Carry Go

Which appointment dem give you after all your ass kissing and eating buhari's shiit for the past 8yrs?
I just pity you, ffk, keyamo and onunuga. Na hunger go kee una for the next 8yrs
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by JDJDjD: 11:11am On Aug 01, 2023
Abifarin16:
It will be a cold day in hell if Atiku's backs Obi's presidency, while being in the same party. I don't know where you come from but it is obvious you don't understand how northerns play their politics, how they have become a Force to always Align with politically in NigeriA. I don't hate Peter Obi Infact i rooted for him, however the mainstay here is Wike and what he did to the PDP, which I standby because like I stated, Muazu the former govt of the state I am resident in did the same to Goodluch Jonathan, that's how they brought Buhari and the APC into power in 2015, all is just in politics. The rest of the region in Nigeria has been play regional politics, it only Peter Obi now that has crossed the regional threshold, and maybe Okowa because of Atiku. Oga the north Dan dey this thing for long. When Tinubu is done ruling for the South, Peter Obi could be the next Southern flagship after him who again? but the north Will field Atiku again, Kwankwaso, is there, Tambuwal, El Rufai, Kaura from Bauchi, even Datti now has some northern appeal. The south needs to come together and become Aformidble force against the north. Nigeria is north and South All that 6geo-political zone is illusion. Atiku's Suggesting The presidency going to the SE, when Obi left PDP why didn't he back Wike instead. Tambuwal stepped down for Atiku, and mess Woke's chance of emerging the Flagbearer. Dont forget the sequence of the event. Like I asked why did Peter Obi leave if Atiku's really wanted a SE candidate?
It is clear u know nothing and had zero knowledge of what happened in PDP before the primaries

A meeting was held before the PDP congress that produced Ayu as chairman

The issue of zoning was discussed and Atiku made it clear the only zoning arrangement he will support is the zoning of the presidency to the SE while he will be allowed to picked the VP
Wike insisted that the presidency should be thrown open and allowed everyone to contest and the PDP chairmanship be zoned to the North thinking he can use money to outsmart the North
He is not even as rich as Atiku but yet believed he can do a Tinubu in PDP

The same Atiku that picked Obi for VP in 2019 would have backed Obi presidency
It is on record that he begged Obi to stay in PDP and promised him the VP slot if he emerges as PDP candidate
The stupid Wike also wanted to be picked as VP after making mouth but Atiku rejected.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Abifarin16: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2023
JDJDjD:

It is clear u know nothing and had zero knowledge of what happened in PDP before the primaries

A meeting was held before the PDP congress that produced Ayu as chairman

The issue of zoning was discussed and Atiku made it clear the only zoning arrangement he will support is the zoning of the presidency to the SE while he will be allowed to picked the VP
Wike insisted that the presidency should be thrown open and allowed everyone to contest and the PDP chairmanship be zoned to the North thinking he can use money to outsmart the North
He is not even as rich as Atiku but yet believed he can do a Tinubu in PDP

The same Atiku that picked Obi for VP in 2019 would have backed Obi presidency
It is on record that he begged Obi to stay in PDP and promised him the VP slot if he emerges as PDP candidate
The stupid Wike also wanted to be picked as VP after making mouth but Atiku rejected.

aAbeg you Dan win, Shay all of them Don lose out now. Everybody eye Don clear
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by AmadorSays: 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
GreatrAnalyst:

Yeah!
But you know that when we don't have many standards here, where it is normal for public office holders to mismanage funds and go away with it, when eventually we see one that tries to actually carry out his responsibility and fulfil why he was put in place, even by 50%, we begin to hail and term them huge success.
In the grand scheme of things, compared to real success they are meant to be measured against, they didn't do well.
What makes some governors look performing much in Nigeria is premised on the fact that they didn't "steal" like their predecessors or borrowed more in order to look like doing more.
Governor Otti of Abia State has a great chance to be seen as very "successful" as a governor eventually. You know why? It is hard to say if any governor in Abia State since 1999 has done anything substantial.
fair point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip / Ibrahim Idris Hands Over Police Flag To New Igp Adamu(photos) / APC Holds Rally In Abuja Today, PDP Shifts Event No Reason For Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.