Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister (30947 Views)

Rerun: We’ve Done Our Calculation Well, Tinubu Won’t Be On Ballot, LP Claims / I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke / Senate Clears 8 Nominees For Appointment As Justices Of The Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Gkay1(m): 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
Atiku and pdp member will be feeling headache now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Exclusive101: 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
And you ipob are waiting to your doom

marlow1962:
Tinubu is busy nominating his political foot soldiers, to help embezzle and wreck the country more, while their poor civilian foot soldiers dy under hot sun they make a foool of themselves.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by CaptainFM1: 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
They have mortgage the future of the masses.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Jig5aw(f): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Una go just dey for house dey inhale Hyaline oxide.
By that you mean good LIAR. Because in your mind, a good politician is a good liar. Children of hate,lies and corruption.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
IconicR:
The only nomination I have problems with. 😭 I don't want him in Asiwaju's government.

But you want him to help BAT win elections?
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by benitwater(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
IconicR:
The only nomination I have problems with. 😭 I don't want him in Asiwaju's government.
😄
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by benitwater(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
[quote author= post=124785924]Welcome on board Wike the wicked producer.

Dem Mama husband himself.

Carry Go[/quot😄🤪
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by benitwater(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
JDJDjD:

APC better watch their back

This man destroyed PDP that gave him everything simply because of selfish interest and he will do it again even with an APC he once disdained
That is politics for you.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Banhammy717: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
PDP is dead, but not yet buried

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by ViceGovernor: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nigerian Reddington...with his hat
As e dey pain them e dey sweet us

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by JDJDjD: 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
Abifarin16:

Atiku was being the selfish one in my Opinion. North has no place contesting in 2023, even Buhari want to field Lawanda the former Senate president but the governors wouldnt let him. Atiku's selfish greed is the reason even Peter Obi left the party, Wike played the game more than them, even Tambuwal collect. Woke would have emerged Presidential aspirant for PDP but Atiku was too greedy, he further picked That Delta politically weightless Gov, as running mate. Besides even Muazu worked against GEJ when he was party chairman, Wike just paid back in the same coin for the South south and Southern Nigeria.
Wike was the greedy one too
Atiku told them point blank that he will only accept zoning the presidency to SE but Wike allowed the presidency to be thrown opened because he thought he could defeat the politics of the North
He is digging his political grave
It's just a matter of time
Nobody regard Ameachi again

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by SledgeHammerer: 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
This one go pain obidiotssssss. Lol 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by flyinnizam(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
IconicR:
why? after he helped Tinubu rigged Rivers?
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by GreatrAnalyst: 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
AmadorSays:
Hmmm, okay. Well truth is Wike actually did work during his tenure.
Yeah!
But you know that when we don't have many standards here, where it is normal for public office holders to mismanage funds and go away with it, when eventually we see one that tries to actually carry out his responsibility and fulfil why he was put in place, even by 50%, we begin to hail and term them huge success.
In the grand scheme of things, compared to real success they are meant to be measured against, they didn't do well.
What makes some governors look performing much in Nigeria is premised on the fact that they didn't "steal" like their predecessors or borrowed more in order to look like doing more.
Governor Otti of Abia State has a great chance to be seen as very "successful" as a governor eventually. You know why? It is hard to say if any governor in Abia State since 1999 has done anything substantial.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Chucks13: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
marlow1962:
Tinubu is busy nominating his political foot soldiers, to help embezzle and wreck the country more, while their poor civilian foot soldiers dy under hot sun they make a foool of themselves.

Ok, ndooh!!!

Stop crying ok.

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Father4all: 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nigerian politicians are very shameless people
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by blesdman(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
citygarden:
Let's see how it goes, pray you deliver your portfolio
The guy is highly competent, no doubt
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by blesdman(m): 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
JDJDjD:

APC better watch their back

This man destroyed PDP that gave him everything simply because of selfish interest and he will do it again even with an APC he once disdained
Nonsense talk. Tambuwal, Atiku, Saraki all destroyed PDP in 2015, and came back again to want to act as saviors of same party they destroyed. Wike did not destroy PDP, he only made sure that those who betrayed the party in 2015 did not win in 2023. He rather delivered PDP 100% in his state and has become a minister in an APC led federal government. Just learn from the enigmatic Wike. The guy is the smartest politician right now in Nigeria. Unopposed screening. Whlhat a man!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by nathyx(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
Wike the Wicked! angry
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by XAUBulls: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by JDJDjD: 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
blesdman:

Nonsense talk. Tambuwal, Atiku, Saraki all destroyed PDP in 2015, and came back again to want to act as saviors of same party they destroyed. Wike did not destroy PDP, he only made sure that those who betrayed the party in 2015 did not win in 2023. He rather delivered PDP 100% in his state and has become a minister in an APC led federal government. Just learn from the enigmatic Wike. The guy is the smartest politician right now in Nigeria. Unopposed screening. Whlhat a man!!!
his downfall will be too sudden.

the same Wike supported Tambuwal in 2019 that u claimed betrayed PDP.

same thing u accused Tambuwal, atiku and saraki of doing in2015 was exactly what Wike did in 2023. where is Tambuwal, saraki and Atiku today?
they all supported buhari in 2015 because of northern agenda. Wike supported Tinubu because of southern agenda.

i wondered where u see the smartness in Wike that is busy begging for a ministerial post.

Ameachi used half of River state money to sponsor buhari in 2015. where is Ameachi today?
i bet in2015, u would have also called him the smartest politician when he was rewarded with a ministerial position for betraying his brother GEJ

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by blesdman(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
JDJDjD:

his downfall will be too sudden.

the same Wike supported Tambuwal in 2019 that u claimed betrayed PDP.

same thing u accused Tambuwal, atiku and saraki of doing in2015 was exactly what Wike did in 2023. where is Tambuwal, saraki and Atiku today?
they are supported buhari in 2015 because of northern agenda. Wike supported Tinubu because of southern agenda.

i wondered where u see the smartness in Wike that is busy begging for a ministerial post.

Ameachi used half of River state money to sponsor buhari in 2015. where is Ameachi today?
i bet in2015, u would have also called him the smartest politician when he was rewarded with a ministerial position for betraying his brother GEJ
That Amaechi is no longer relevant today; I already knew because what he did was clear betrayal. Wike betrayed nobody in all his schemings if u are objective with ur assessment of his actions. The guy will never fall, as u will have to wait till 2031. I don't make sentimental analysis. The guy is doing what he ought to do.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by chibrolex(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
The same Wike that said he will not be second class citizen is rejoicing and happy for ministerial position....hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Dancebreaker: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
mastermaestro:

As it stands today, (I don't know about tomorrow) Wike has played a better game than Amaechi. First he made sure to retain political honour and weight in his home state, then goes further to acquire national relevance. grin

If anything goes wrong between him and Tinubu tomorrow, he has a sure political base to fall back to. He appears more thoughtful than Amaechi, who runs on too much emotion.

Really? I used to think he was smarter. From wanting not to be VP to becoming a minister, that he already was years ago? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Wike sustained PDP financially for so long, only to be opposing party's minister?

He should have nominated someone for minister and stay out. That's what Tinubu did with Buhari/APC for 8 years. Today, Tinubu is able to claim he wasn't in Bubu government.

As for Fubara, who says he can't fall out with Wike? Wike fell out with Amaechi. This is politics.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Emola12(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Anywhere Belle face oloriburuku

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by mastermaestro(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Really? I used to think he was smarter. From wanting not to be VP to becoming a minister, that he already was years ago? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Wike sustained PDP financially for so long, only to be opposing party's minister?

He should have nominated someone for minister and stay out. That's what Tinubu did with Buhari/APC for 8 years. Today, Tinubu is able to claim he wasn't in Bubu government.

As for Fubara, who says he can't fall out with Wike? Wike fell out with Amaechi. This is politics.

Wike wants to maintain national relevance which is good for his national ambition. Comparing him to Tinubu does not really match. Tinubu is a mentor, while Wike isn't. He is more like a lone striker who needs to scrape every chance to stay in demand.

It's only fair to place him and Amaechi in the same draw. I hope he performs well to solidify his future aspirations.
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by JDJDjD: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
blesdman:

That Amaechi is no longer relevant today; I already knew because what he did was clear betrayal. Wike betrayed nobody in all his schemings if u are objective with ur assessment of his actions. The guy will never fall, as u will have to wait till 2031. I don't make sentimental analysis. The guy is doing what he ought to do.
Objective that Wike will never fail grin grin
this is pure sentimental

his falling will come too quick even quicker than Ameachi.
his people already see him as a betrayal for heavily rigging for APC the same way they saw Ameachi as a betrayal for working against PDP in 2015
its just a matter of time before he will be kicked out of PDP and the APC will finally run to will never win any free and fair election in Rivers.

Wike downfall is just around the corner
just watch and see

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Jay357: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
A very smart and strong politician, let's hope he works well and delivers
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by DonroxyII: 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
IconicR:
You Need him in 2027 ... It's a Political Calculations since Ameachi ain't Loyal ....

Akpabio Is also the SP for a Reason ....

SouthSouth is Delivered already with Oshomole too grin ...

Politics is a Game of Winning Elections grin ...

Wike is Necessary & Important to Tinubu !
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by DonroxyII: 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
ZUKKYY:
Wike" I no what minister. But i don go for screening. Dey play undecided
Lieing is a Necessary tool in Politics.....

It's like Breathing ... A Politician Can't Afford to Lie Same Way as Pharmacist Can't Afford to Dispense Drugs cheesy ...

Politician wey no sabi lie can not win elections grin ....
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
DonroxyII:
You Need him in 2027 ... It's a Political Calculations since Ameachi ain't Loyal ....

Akpabio Is also the SP for a Reason ....

SouthSouth is Delivered already with Oshomole too grin ...

Politics is a Game of Winning Elections grin ...

Wike is Necessary & Important to Tinubu !
We are watching him closely, he should not try what he did in PDP with our party else we will teach him a lesson he'll never forget in his political life
Re: Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister by Dancebreaker: 1:52am On Aug 01, 2023
mastermaestro:

Wike wants to maintain national relevance which is good for his national ambition. Comparing him to Tinubu does not really match. Tinubu is a mentor, while Wike isn't. He is more like a lone striker who needs to scrape every chance to stay in demand.

It's only fair to place him and Amaechi in the same draw. I hope he performs well to solidify his future aspirations.
Every Tinubu supporter will of course feel it's a good move because it makes Tinubu appear to be inclusive. It actually weakens Wike in his South-South homebase that is primarily PDP with LP gaining popularity. Rigging Rivers election doesn't make him popular. He just got a slot in the cabinet for the job.

The only person who gains is Tinubu. Wike has undersold himself, or perhaps people wrongly thought he was more than he actually is.
Ministers who were in Abuja from 2015-2023, how many of them are relevant in national politics right now?

A senate position would have been more honourable for Wike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"We Blew Up Agip Obi Obi Brass Trunk, In Bayelsa By 3Am" - Niger Delta Avengers / Aso Rock Orders Reversal Of New Postings In SSS / Photo Of Buhari With Emir Of Ilorin, Oloffa Of Offa Alhaji Ibrahim Gambari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.