Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Wasted 20 Minutes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wasted 20 Minutes (1808 Views)

Soludo's Inauguration Will Last 20 Minutes – Commissioner / 14-Year-Old Atika Aminu Yankaba Becomes Kano Governor For 20 Minutes / Fayose’s Last Dinner Party, Food Wasted As Political Appointees, Friends Shun It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wasted 20 Minutes by stacyadams: 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
grin cheesy renewed shege just come on national tv waste person 20 minutes grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by ganisucks(f): 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
The first 3 mins should have been it. The rest was him rambling on and on about things that he has said times without number. SWAGA are the dumbest most clueless bunch of people on this earth.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by trutharena: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
God bless President Tinubu.

What a fantastic speech. I love how he quoted the figures for each of the money he is disbursing for those SME/MSME/Student Buses/Normal Buses for states/Agric/Food plantation, and etc.

This is the best speech I have every heard from a Nigerian president. His first 3minutes was fantastic, he used that appeal to catch the attention of the listeners.

For the headless mob, they will come and condemn the speech as usual. They are damaged bots, no one should take them serious.

Below is the summary of some of the figures.
15. To strengthen the manufacturing sector, increase its capacity to expand and create good paying jobs, we are going to spend N75 billion between July 2023 and March 2024. Our objective is to fund 75 enterprises with great potential to kick-start a sustainable economic growth, accelerate structural transformation and improve productivity. Each of the 75 manufacturing enterprises will be able to access N1 Billion credit at 9% per annum with maximum of 60 months repayment for long term loans and 12 months for working capital.

16. Our administration recognises the importance of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and the informal sector as drivers of growth. We are going to energise this very important sector with N125 billion.

17. Out of the sum, we will spend N50 billion on Conditional Grant to 1 million nano businesses between now and March 2024. Our target is to give N50,000 each to 1,300 nano business owners in each of the 774 local governments across the country.

18. Ultimately, this programme will further drive financial inclusion by onboarding beneficiaries into the formal banking system. In like manner, we will fund 100,000 MSMEs and start-ups with N75 billion. Under this scheme, each enterprise promoter will be able to get between N500,000 to N1million at 9% interest per annum and a repayment period of 36 months.

19. To further ensure that prices of food items remain affordable, we have had a multi-stakeholder engagement with various farmers’ associations and operators within the agricultural value chain.

20. In the short and immediate terms, we will ensure staple foods are available and affordable. To this end, I have ordered the release of 200,000 Metric Tonnes of grains from strategic reserves to households across the 36 states and FCT to moderate prices. We are also providing 225,000 metric tonnes of fertilizer, seedlings and other inputs to farmers who are committed to our food security agenda.

21. Our plan to support cultivation of 500,000 hectares of farmland and all-year-round farming practice remains on course. To be specific, N200 billion out of the N500 billion approved by the National Assembly will be disbursed as follows:

-Our administration will invest N50 billion each to cultivate 150,000 hectares of rice and maize.

-N50 billion each will also be earmarked to cultivate 100,000 hectares of wheat and cassava.

27. Part of our programme is to roll out buses across the states and local governments for mass transit at a much more affordable rate. We have made provision to invest N100 billion between now and March 2024 to acquire 3000 units of 20-seater CNG-fuelled buses.

28. These buses will be shared to major transportation companies in the states, using the intensity of travel per capital. Participating transport companies will be able to access credit under this facility at 9% per annum with 60 months repayment period.

29. In the same vein, we are also working in collaboration with the Labour unions to introduce a new national minimum wage for workers. I want to tell our workers this: your salary review is coming.

30. Once we agree on the new minimum wage and general upward review, we will make budget provision for it for immediate implementation.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by moderatedguy: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
Very dry speech

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by SleekyP(m): 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
Subsidy is gone

Student loan on track

Individual loan (nano) 50k

SMEs loans 500k to 1M

Exchange rate coming down

Mass transit subsidy by 50% powered by gas

Thank you Mr President.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by trutharena: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
moderatedguy:
Very dry speech

If that speech is dry, then there is no wet speech anywhere on this planet.

Haters will always wail.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by NokiaN8(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hummm, it well and painful... They shud try others ways.. people aren't happy, businesses are dying now

3 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by NokiaN8(m): 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hummm, it well and painful... They shud try others ways.. people aren't happy, businesses are dying now shocked[quote][/quote]
Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by trutharena: 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
SleekyP:
Subsidy is gone

Student loan on track

Individual loan (nano) 50k

SMEs 500k to 1M

Mass transit subsidy by 50% powered by gas

Thank you Mr President.

God bless you. I love how he quoted those figures.

President Tinubu should just make sure he appoint people that will make sure all this are enforced without some politicians siphonining some of this. It will be great.

He said something about normal transport fare and working with transport union. I did not hear that side well, but I think I heard something like that. let me wait for the official summary of what he said.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by providencia(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
stacyadams:

You get time. I off radio in the first 3 seconds.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by ganisucks(f): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
The rambling session is what happens when you copy from your classmate without checking your work. I thought Obidients were joking when they said Balabu wanted to copy Obi. Now, Balabu has confirmed what the Obidients said.

4 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by stacyadams: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
cheesy
providencia:

I say make I Renew my hope,but na still Renew shege.. nothing new

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by moderatedguy: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
He shld have reduced subsidy by some percentage at least by 50%

1 Like

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by Ofunaofu: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
trutharena:
God bless President Tinubu.

What a fantastic speech. I love how he quoted the figures for each of the money he is disbursing for those SME/MSME/Student Buses/Normal Buses for states/Agric/Food plantation, and etc.

This is the best speech I have every heard from a Nigerian president. His first 3minutes was fantastic, he used that appeal to catch the attention of the listeners.

For the headless mob, they will come and condemn the speech as usual. They are damaged bots, no one should take them serious.

What is fantastic about the speech

1 Like

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by Kanixt(m): 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
stacyadams:

Thank God I didn't listen to him....for I know that nothing good will come out of this man.

He was supposed to address the NLC plight not the other way round

3 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by trutharena: 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Ask Peter Obi the dullard to translate the speech to Ibo for you.

2 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by HitRun(m): 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
SleekyP:

I just changed a $ for 859.32 naira

1 Like

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by ganisucks(f): 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
moderatedguy:
He will. After he finishes expending the bribe money. All the cabal's proxies will bleed him dry of hush money, and at the end the cabal will sack him like a cleaner. Goodluck spent all the nation's money on an ill-fated reelection bid, but at the end of the day the cabal tossed him aside like tissue paper. The game is the game.

3 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by Ofunaofu: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
trutharena:

Peter Obi a private citizen lives rent free in your medulla oblongata

4 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by trutharena: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Peter Obi a private citizen lives rent free in your medulla oblongata

How can someone that contested for presidency be a private citizen?

Oh I forgot, the lunatic Peter Obi is also posing as a youth at 60+ so I can understand if you’re trying to sell him as a private citizen.

4 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by waledeji(m): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
stacyadams:
Kanixt:

Thank God I think even listen to him....for I know that nothing good will come out of this man.

He was supposed to address the NLC plight not the other way round
Ofunaofu:

stacyadams:
cheesy I say make I Renew my hope,but na still Renew shege.. nothing new
providencia:

ganisucks:
The first 3 mins should have been it. The rest was him rambling on and on about things that he has said times without number. SWAGA are the dumbest most clueless bunch of people on this earth.
Ibos😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by stacyadams: 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
waledeji:
Ibos😂😂😂
grin grin yorubas
Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by Ofunaofu: 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
waledeji:
Ibos😂😂😂

Emancipate yourself from ethnic and tribal bigotry and see your life improve considerably

1 Like

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by MadamExcellency: 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
I like the speech. It was a problem-solving initiative

My only problem is that Nigeria is perfect on paper and proposals. Even when a memorandum of understanding and partnerships are signed, nothing comes out of them.

4 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by moderatedguy: 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
HitRun:

I just changed a $ for 859.32 naira
it wud go up again....no policies on ground to force d rate down
Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by moderatedguy: 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
trutharena:

Tinubu is just brainless....NIGER wud teach him a lesson soon
Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by stacyadams: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
MadamExcellency:
I like the speech. It was a problem-solving initiative

My only problem is that Nigeria is perfect on paper and proposals. Even when a memorandum of understanding and partnerships are signed, nothing comes out of them.

Hahahaha that is always the case......

"The perfect plan on paper" grin
Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by trutharena: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
moderatedguy:

Then that means it is still subsidy. If you remember, Buhari also reduced subsidy by some percentage that time too, did that solve the problem?

2 Likes

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by ajsans: 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
ganisucks:

He will. After he finishes expending the bribe money. All the cabal's proxies will bleed him dry of hush money, and at the end the cabal will sack him like a cleaner. Goodluck spent all the nation's money on an ill-fated reelection bid, but at the end of the day the cabal tossed him aside like tissue paper. The game is the game.

Who are these cabals that you are always mentioning. Give at least one name.

1 Like

Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by ganisucks(f): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
ajsans:

Who are these cabals that you are always mentioning. Give at least one name.
Go to the jungle and call 0800-Tarzan.
Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by VinnyBaba: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
Only a JOBLESS AGBADORIAN will watch that Trashy broadcast from Baba Emilokan. sad
Re: Wasted 20 Minutes by moderatedguy: 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
trutharena:

Then that means it is still subsidy. If you remember, Buhari also reduced subsidy by some percentage that time too, did that solve the problem?
gradual removal...while fixing the refineries

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alex Otti Vs Elrufai / Lamidi Apapa Was Not Installed By Appeal Court. Ignore Mischief Makers / Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.