Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges (65366 Views)

Full Transcript Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu's Acceptance Speech / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2023
ganisucks:
20 mins of thoughtless, directionless, clueless hogwash pushed out by people who have no idea how to manage expectations. These people are a joke.

Cry me a River baby...
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Chuhwakjok(m): 11:34am On Aug 01, 2023
The President speech is amiable and courageous. To make the work easier, ensure monitoring and evaluation measures are put in place and report be publicly presented on local dalies at particular period, this way everyone will be informed on successes and failures in the side of stakeholders. Nigeria my motherland.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by garfield1: 11:34am On Aug 01, 2023
Slynation:
Inspite of all what I read, there was no tangible procedures to address the fuel hikes... There was nothing about the electric generation, no plans to revamp the refinary, nothing about security issues, more like we should accept Nigeria the way it is while I give palliative to the vulnerable to be managing until I leave office...

All Baba was projecting was give give and give, knowing fully well these can't finance any tangible business in Nigeria.

A government of "enye ndi ebae, enye ndi ibรจ. mana ife n'egbe ka negbe"

Then I realized, there was no plan from the onset, it was just his turn...

SE dislike tinubu no matter what
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Kayyy: 11:36am On Aug 01, 2023
obi58:

Bros, let's not get it twisted. At the moment Nigeria is not yet dead. The fact that previous governments didn't get it right does not preclude the current administration from changing history.

Let me ask you a simple question..... With all the myriad of problems you have listed at the refineries, do you doubt that the same refinery would become functional if it was sold to a private individual eg Otedola? Corruption thrives when an atmosphere is provided for it. We all were here when people were voluntarily refunding looted funds to government when Buhari initially assumed office because of fear of his body language. It just takes making an example of a few people in the system for the others to sit up. Look at what is happening in Niger Republic now that the Military has taken over and people are being threatened with execution if they cannot account for public funds. I'm not saying our own will be that extreme but just imagine..... Would any worker in his right mind risk looting seeing his boss being dealt with severely?

If we clamp down on all these leakages you would be surprised at the amount of revenue we will generate in addition to the funds freed up from inflated subsidy figures. Combine that with some loans to fund the shortfall and relate the economy and watch Nigeria bounce back

You also forget that we also have just collected 500bn from world Bank. First of all that 75b earmarked for senate will be cancelled ASAP. That can go into planting cassava on 150000 hectares of land.

Also if we do a comprehensive audit of Nnpc, customs, Firs and CBN you will be shocked at the amount of looted funds we will recover that we will use to finance all these programmes.

Now imagine if we give DSS and EFCC 50billion each to go after all those who have looted public funds or and reward them with a 5% finders fee, do you doubt the wonders those guys will do to help us fight this war on corruption and help us get firmly back on road to recovery?

Tinubu listed some nice programs but until he decides to look corruption in the face and fight it head on all these so called funds will just go down the drain.

First things first. Probe Nnpc, CBN and customs. Set the tone that it won't be business as usual. Otherwise all these policies by the government won't get the desired results.

Good morning, I am just seeing this , and all you have said is very good, so nice but in a perfect world , I am afraid thus would only be achieved in an autocratic rule not a democratic rule. I am pleased you mentioned Buhari's body language but what happened in the end, opposition politicians and their tribal affiliates coupled with lack of sincerity and the desperate need to win a second term truncated all those war against looters and it became watered down. Any democratic presudent that would attempt this will always fail I believe, but in an autocratic setting this would be very perfect.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Kayyy: 11:41am On Aug 01, 2023
grandstar:

It is actually to early to tell. The economy is in trauma sequel to the ending of the fuel subsidy. Now, add the desired unification of the exchange rates and this surprisingly increased the pain as it seemed a few items were priced at the then very unrealistic official exchange rate.

It will take sometime for economy to adapt to the removal of the subsidy. It drag down growth for at least 2 years. Afterwards, the economic growth can begin the roar.

I think government should slash corporate taxes to 15% or less. This will encourage local and foreign investors to invest in the economy.

The 75bn to be given to 75 companies as loans to my opinion would have been better spent wooing investors by providing them with incentives to set up shop here. Many western companies are fleeing China and looking for countries to invest in. Many are going to Indonesia, Vietnam and especially India. Many could be wooed to come here.

I am sure many Chinese companies too can be wooed here but my worry is there worrisome labour practices. Perhaps, only reputable Chinese firms should be encouraged to set up shop here. The truth is at this point, the country can't be choosy.

While there is always need for investors, it's time to majorly look inwards to establish huge local manufacturers that would compete with the investors if the government provides good business climate for them. Enough of investors moving out tens to hundreds of billions of dollars out of the country every other month.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by obi58: 11:43am On Aug 01, 2023
Kayyy:

Good morning, I am just seeing this , and all you have said is very good, so nice but in a perfect world , I am afraid thus would only be achieved in an autocratic rule not a democratic rule. I am pleased you mentioned Buhari's body language but what happened in the end, opposition politicians and their tribal affiliates coupled with lack of sincerity and the desperate need to win a second term truncated all those war against looters and it became watered down. Any democratic presudent that would attempt this will always fail I believe, but in an autocratic setting this would be very perfect.

Tinubu has all it takes in terms of clout and charisma to get things done IF he is serious about it.

The big question is whether he is serious or not?

Time will tell.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Slynation(m): 11:52am On Aug 01, 2023
garfield1:

SE dislike tinubu no matter what
Nah...we dislike lying machines...!!!
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by tivhador: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2023
LET THE IDIOT CONTINUE HIS JARGONS. In other words, let the Clown have his Circus. If you entertain the Clown, you then become part of the Circus. Only those who think deep will understand wink
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/full-speech-tinubus-speech-on-current-economic-challenges/
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by garfield1: 11:57am On Aug 01, 2023
Slynation:
Nah...we dislike lying machines...!!!

Where is the lie? Obi is the biggest liar
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Slynation(m): 11:59am On Aug 01, 2023
garfield1:

Where is the lie? Obi is the biggest liar
Where and which state did the FG reserved 200,000 tonnes of grains they want to share across all state...?? We all know the shared money he was proposing will end in personal pockets...

But but, let's have it (lies)...!!
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by garfield1: 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2023
Slynation:
Where and which state did the FG reserved 200,000 tonnes of grains they want to share across all state...?? We all know the shared money he was proposing will end in personal pockets...

But but, let's have it (lies)...!!
oga,two weeks ago,nec and fg ordered states to take charge and share dg grains and 500 bil palliatives
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Slynation(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2023
garfield1:
oga,two weeks ago,nec and fg ordered states to take charge and share dg grains and 500 bil palliatives
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2023
garfield1:

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก chaii?

Theres no greater circus than apc image launderers

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Abolaji Ajimobi And Fatima Ganduje Wedding In Kano. 11 Governors Attend / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians / JUNE 12: I Go Fire You โ€“ Police Officer Threatens To Shoot Journalists In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.