Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 (116552 Views)

Fifa Women's World Cup 2023: Caption This Photo / Wales Vs England: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (0 - 3) On 29th November 2022 / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Zonefree(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
We are no match for England. I watched their 3 matches and I also watched Super falcons three matches.

Randy Waldrum should drop Oshoala. She's contributing nothing to the team as a starter.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:56pm On Aug 01, 2023
Fiscus105:
I pray Laurent James won't tear us apart, as "HE' did to China. Naija girls didn't do enough to win Ireland jor.

Game never start your body don dey shake. That means if dem even put you for this match, you will be too scared to perform. Common getat!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2023
qtx:

BAT is an evil bird ( wait is it even a bird or an animal sef? )

Your useless christian god jesus must be evil since he creates evil things.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by phemmyfour: 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2023
DOA

Let them come home hopefully not conceding many goals . All those people saying I am not patriotic in the other thread are now silent. I have been in football long enough to know that you can't continue to play the same way and expect results to be in your favour all the time. It will surely boomerang

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2023
This is the kind of game where legends are made. The Nigerian girls should go there and defeat England. And write their names in gold for the entire world to see. Everybody including the ballness NL sports fans are counting you out, your destiny is in your hands, work as a team and defeat England.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by esemes256: 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2023
With good defensive play, and decisive attack, Nigeria can squeeze out a 2 - 1 victory over England. It can be done!
Football is about using your strength to your advantage and minimising your weaknesses.
Nigeria have the likes of Tony Payne, Asisat Oshola and Rashidat Ajibade who can come up with individual brilliance unexpectedly.

England obviously are the better side but Nigeria should not be underestimated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by melviniyke2002(m): 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2023
Mumu coach,play 2 striker against Ireland n score to top ur group....Super falcon dont stand a chance against England.....End of d road for falcons.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
No doubt, England is by far the better side but hey this is football - the Beautiful Game - & anything can happen.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2023
chipower:

They will lose narrowly to Nigeria. Thanks
e no to far na... Shebi na here we de...
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by LordTheus(m): 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
This game is seriously giving me 2014 Men's World Cup Nigeria vs France vibes. Hopefully, this time it will end well.

A part of me still thinks there could be an upset. A shocking upset that will stun the Women footballing universe and send a strong message to the other competing countries.

It all comes down to Randy and the girls. Exactly how serious are they taking this game against England? Football, like any other sport, is all about discipline and mentality. The English girls aren't deities. They don't have ten legs each. They can be beaten. I have confidence in our defense and our phenomenal keeper. They have proven themselves to be impenetrable fortresses when needed the most. If I'm being honest, England won't actually find it easy cracking our defense. If we lose, I believe it will be by a single goal (1-0, 2-1 etc). Or we might even take them to penalties.

Our match against Ireland was poor, all things considered. Of course we turned up during the second half (as we always do), but the first half was a pain to watch. The girls obviously looked nervous on the pitch, lobbing balls forward without any purpose, making careless passes, losing the ball almost as soon as we won it etc. You can literally see the low self-esteem in our games sometimes. The girls seriously need to build their confidence going into this game. They have the talent, the match against Australia proved this. England aren't that much better than us. We just need to ditch the inferiority complex. They shouldn't treat the English girls like they're their parents or something. They're all equals. We really do have a lot of work to do. If we can actually beat England, we're probably going to win this tournament. I'm not even joking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Petacephas: 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
All these people saying end of the road don't just know football. To lift the trophy you must do your calculations right. The earlier we play england the better. In tournaments like this, a team gets better as they progress. The falcons will remove england. Mark my words. The falcons will go for massive defense and rely on counter to get one or two goals then frustrate the english side. If at all no goal comes The falcons will drag it to extra time and eventually penalty shootout which I see the falcons wining.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Adexgentle005(m): 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2023
Petacephas:
All these people saying end of the road don't just know football. To lift the trophy you must do your calculations right. The earlier we play england the better. In tournaments like this, a team gets better as they progress. The falcons will remove england. Mark my words. The falcons will go for massive defense and rely on counter to get one or two goals then frustrate the english side. If at all no goal comes The falcons will drag it to extra time and eventually penalty shootout which I see the falcons wining.
Which falcons? You better stop what you are smoking. Falcons are coming home. End of the road!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by qtx(m): 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2023
[quote author=DodadaKoKigbe post=124811039]

Your useless christian god jesus must be evil since he creates evil things.[/quot]
you better repent of your sins so you can be saved.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by victorazy(m): 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
Jaybee3456:
For the record ๐Ÿ“‰

โœ… 6 games unbeaten for the Super Falcons ๐Ÿฆ… now!

โœ… FIRST African team to keep two cleansheets at the FIFA Women's World Cup

โœ… First time going to the knockout stages UNBEATEN!

โœ… FIRST time Nigeria is proceeding out of a group with a positive goal difference (+1)

There's a lot to be optimistic about going into this game.

CC.
Deltamani

And their journey ends here!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by victorazy(m): 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2023
Zonefree:
We are no match for England. I watched their 3 matches and I also watched Super falcons three matches.

Randy Waldrum should drop Oshoala. She's contributing nothing to the team as a starter.

She should be playing from bench.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Southwestidiot: 5:44pm On Aug 01, 2023
Jaybee3456:
For the record ๐Ÿ“‰

โœ… FIRST time Nigeria is proceeding out of a group with a positive goal difference (+1)

CC.
Deltamani
But las las 9ja รณtilรณ

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by millionboi2: 6:04pm On Aug 01, 2023
Rich4god:
Just one goal against Ireland would have paired us against Denmark, the easier team.

We just hope to scale through against the English side.
thy is no way thy will escape england
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by NairaLux(f): 6:08pm On Aug 01, 2023
Designed by myself

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Mayeldah(m): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
nony43:
Nigeria will win the World Cup.

Dey play.

By August 8th they should be packing their bags.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Confiture: 6:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Plumptre will face her country of birth. I hope Nigeria wins England.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by PaulH07: 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
Jaybee3456:
We need to watch out for lauren james. She's been the stellar performer for england so far.
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ

These English players look very well fed and fit, while ours look very skinny, bony and highly malnourished.

I look forward to us getting bullied throughout the game by the English girls...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by orohbiro(f): 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
NFF should just tell the gals to come back home girls wey no feel trap ball . una see the way England they clinical in front of goal? Oshaola loss clear goal chance some say she try make she try am for Barcelona team for crucial match weda she no go rotten for bench. Against England we might not be having too many chance in case the chance come make.sure u are clinical. Let hope to hold English team to paneties grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by orohbiro(f): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
Against Canada Nigeria got a penalty and red card.
Against Australia the ref did every thing for the host to equalize Nigeria
Against Ireland the ref was bias against us
Those of u shouting to win d trophy u have to beat d best last worldcup WD played against 3 elite teams and we lost all.
Norway,France and Germany
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by kalufelix(m): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hope the plumptre bae won't play for her mother on the day...the girls are winning this trust me..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
Jaybee3456:
We need assisat on her star game against england.

If am the head coach of the Super Falcons I will not be starting Oshoala in any game,

She's not good at starting games she's more productive and useful if she comes from the beach in second half in that way she had studied the opponent strength and weaknesses from the beach,

While at that the defenders must have out stretched them selves (tired legs) that make it easier for her to out run them and score almost immediately she come in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by kelmicheal: 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
Our girls are too short for aeriel duels
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Boc007(m): 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2023
England have invested more in their female football. Theyโ€™ve only been defeated once in 35 games.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by aswani(m): 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
kelvindj98:
Should have won against Ireland to avoid this. Well they have reached their bus stop. It is time to come down. They tried their best...kudos to the falcons.

I disagree, you can't be scared of teams if you are a serious team, be ready to play against the best all the time.

Give your best and they too will shake.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Dobodobo04: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2023
Letโ€™s not forget that England laboured to win against Haiti. Had Haiti shown more cutting edge in the attacking phase, they could have won.

Nigeriaโ€™s defence is very good, two clean sheets against two very good sides. Ireland scored in their first two games but failed to score against Nigeria. Canada, Olympic champions failed to score against Nigeria.

If Nigeria defend really well, England will struggle. The Falcons need offensive creativity though to win.

Asisat Oshoala needs to do more with her press and exert herself more with forward pressing. Her finishing needs to be better. Mr Randy, pls make the girls practice finishing drills.

Well timed through balls that Asisat can latch on to could be one of our many offensive creativities. We have pacy wingers, which can also be exploited. We will need different attacking possibilities.

Common girls!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by millionboi2: 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Petacephas:
abeg,who go play the ball
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by ucheuzor1(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2023
Jaybee3456:
For the record ๐Ÿ“‰

CC.
Deltamani

It means nothing. England will beat us so easily.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Adecombo(m): 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hehhhh scale through ke..... we're done cos we stand no chance against England oooo

We just hope to scale through against the English side.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

Portugal Vs Spain: World Cup 2018 - 3 - 3 (Full-Time) / Senegalese Player Casually Leans Against Goalpost As Colombia At World Cup / Idah Peterside: I Slept With Virgins For Money Ritual, Had Meetings With Snakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.