Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,384 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 (117176 Views)

Fifa Women's World Cup 2023: Caption This Photo / Wales Vs England: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (0 - 3) On 29th November 2022 / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Judolisco(m): 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
All African teams are facing their colonizers

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Brownshoe: 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2023
1st half 0-1
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by mbahdi(m): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
Believeing nigeria will beat england is like believing tinubu will be in anyway better than buhari

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Ezmans: 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
Jaybee3456:
For the record ๐Ÿ“‰

โœ… 6 games unbeaten for the Super Falcons ๐Ÿฆ… now!

โœ… FIRST African team to keep two cleansheets at the FIFA Women's World Cup

โœ… First time going to the knockout stages UNBEATEN!

โœ… FIRST time Nigeria is proceeding out of a group with a positive goal difference (+1)

There's a lot to be optimistic about going into this game.

CC.
Deltamani
it all over to falcons

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
The bus stop for England's female national team, hope they will not attack our brothers and sister in the UK after they lost to our ladies...

I see oshola scoring a brace with Laura James getting one for England

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Ojoolawale1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Donyenye: 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Wishing Nigeria super falcons all the best

๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Bashon: 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
I just hope the game against Ireland will not hunt them: Denmark is a lesser competition than England.

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by HussenAdul: 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
This England team's performance is intimidating.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by scoobyblogspot(m): 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
nony43:
Nigeria will win the World Cup.

I see

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by drlateef: 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
Fiscus105:

I pray Laurent James won't tear us apart, as "HE' did to China.

Naija girls didn't do enough to win Ireland jor.

Are you sure she is not another transgender?
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by aktolly54(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
kelvindj98:
Should have won against Ireland to avoid this. Well they have reached their bus stop. It is time to come down. They tried their best...kudos to the falcons.
If those player just received $30k in their account before the match, I can bet it that their moral go high and will be motivated because they know more to come once they scale through england. Don't know why FIFA dey change story that they can't pay player directly again. We all know before this player get their money go take useless time.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Jaybee3456:

In the world cup there's no easy opponents. Somehow some of us prefer England to Denmark because the girls would want to prove a point. We've faced lesser sides and became complacent in the past.
Even stronger teams are striving to top the group to avoid strong opponents. So who are the Super Falcons not to?
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Abrahamty: 4:50am On Aug 04, 2023
Jaybee3456:
Super falcons of Nigeria๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Qualified yesterday drawing Against Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช 0-0 to finish 2nd on the group.

They will be coming against England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ who finishes top of group D after defeating china 6-1 in the closing match of group D.

England Women vs Nigeria Women. Women's World Cup Round of 16.

8:30am, Monday 7th August 2023.

Suncorp Stadium.

pls my people, why is Desire Oparanozie not playing?

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Gamesmart: 7:47am On Aug 04, 2023
Wish Nigeria can change formation and play a 3-3-2-2

----------------------------------------------Nnadozie---------------------------------------------------

--------------Demehin---------------------Ohale--------------------Plumptre--------------------

----------------Ayinde---------------------Abiodun-------------------Ucheibe---------------------

-----------------------------Payne--------------------------Ajibade-------------------------------------

------------------------------Kanu--------------------------Oshoala------------------------------------

If anyone is fumbling upfront, Alozie can be brought in to play in Ajibade's position (maybe Alozie switching sides with Payne who is more two-footed), while Ajibade moves upfront to replace the fumbling striker.

Or even Alozie playing striker; but I like her ball carrying and defensive work though. Better at those than Ajibade, who might be a swifter striker than her.

It would be very hard for any female team to get past Ayinde, Ucheibe and Abiodun in defensive midfield. Those are some the 3 hardest workers one can come across playing women's football.

Those 3 defensive midfielders and the 3 centre backs would give us sufficient support defensively while freeing 3 to 4 plays to attack. This would end or ease our Park-the-bus football strategy for most of the game.

It will also end the constant isolation and do-it-on-your-own Oshoala has been facing. Kanu is a threat with her speed (not her touch though grin grin grin grin).

Ohale and Plumptre can join Kanu, Oshoala & Ajibade in the box for headers during corner kicks and long free kicks. Ucheibe will sit outside box 18 for shots, while Ayinde, Demehin and Abiodun sit back to break counter attacks.

Ucheibe is our current best performing defensive-minded player, while Payne is our current best performing offensive-minded player.

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by BankyGee(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2023
Gamesmart:
Wish Nigeria can change formation and play a 3-3-2-2

----------------------------------------------Nnadozie---------------------------------------------------

--------------Demehin---------------------Ohale--------------------Plumptre--------------------

----------------Ayinde---------------------Abiodun-------------------Ucheibe---------------------

-----------------------------Payne--------------------------Ajibade-------------------------------------

------------------------------Kanu--------------------------Oshoala------------------------------------

If anyone is fumbling upfront, Alozie can be brought in to play in Ajibade's position (maybe Alozie switching sides with Payne who is more two-footed), while Ajibade moves upfront to replace the fumbling striker.

Or even Alozie playing striker; but I like her ball carrying and defensive work though. Better at those than Ajibade, who might be a swifter striker than her.

It would be very hard for any female team to get past Ayinde, Ucheibe and Abiodun in defensive midfield. Those are some the 3 hardest workers one can come across playing women's football.

Those 3 defensive midfielders and the 3 centre backs would give us sufficient support defensively while freeing 3 to 4 plays to attack. This would end or ease our Park-the-bus football strategy for most of the game.

It will also end the constant isolation and do-it-on-your-own Oshoala has been facing. Kanu is a threat with her speed (not her touch though grin grin grin grin).

Ohale and Plumptre can join Kanu, Oshoala & Ajibade in the box for headers during corner kicks and long free kicks. Ucheibe will sit outside box 18 for shots, while Ayinde, Demehin and Abiodun sit back to break counter attacks.

Ucheibe is our current best performing defensive-minded player, while Payne is our current best performing offensive-minded player.
Abiodun is still on suspension tho...
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Gamesmart: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2023
BankyGee:

Abiodun is still on suspension tho...

No be one match ban?

She don miss two so far.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by BankyGee(m): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
Gamesmart:

No be one match ban?
She don miss two so far.
Omo you don miss news wella be that o...
FIFA increased the one match ban to a THREE match ban! Imagine!
Before she play for us again na if we reach quarterfinals.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Sleekfingers: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
Jaybee3456:
Super falcons of Nigeria๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Qualified yesterday drawing Against Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช 0-0 to finish 2nd on the group.

They will be coming against England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ who finishes top of group D after defeating china 6-1 in the closing match of group D.

England Women vs Nigeria Women. Women's World Cup Round of 16.

8:30 am, Monday 7th August 2023.

Suncorp Stadium.

End of the road for Super falcons.

Instead of beating Republic of Ireland blue black.... Just to avoid England. But they stupidly toss it away.

England will wallop them 6 goals

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Gloserv: 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
You can document and monetize your predictions by logging into www.thehomepage.live. Homepage has promised to give away N10K for your predictions on this Facebook-like social media platform. It is a very interesting time seeing the Falcons qualify for this Knock-out stage but they would do well if they can defeat the Lioness of England at the FIFA Women World Cup 2023. I hope Oshoala can do the bulldozing here and render their No. 7 ineffective.

Go ahead once again to register your predictions and monetize your wins on www.thehomepage.live. See attached flyer from Homepage.

See you after the match on Monday. grin grin grin shocked cool cheesy cheesy cheesy[www.thehomepage.live][/www.thehomepage.live]

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Gamesmart: 4:59am On Aug 05, 2023
BankyGee:

Omo you don miss news wella be that o...

FIFA increased the one match ban to a THREE match ban! Imagine!

Before she play for us again na if we reach quarterfinals.

Wow!

No news report from the utterly useless Nigerian press to inform me.

I would have loved to see those three in front of defenders.

So, now, I would wish 3-4-1-2:

--------------Demehin---------------------Ohale--------------------Ogbonna--------------------

-------Alozie---------------Ayinde---------------------Ucheibe-----------------Plumptre-------

------------------------------------------------Payne------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------Ajibade------------------------Oshoala----------------------------------

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by BankyGee(m): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2023
Gamesmart:

Wow!

No news report from the utterly useless Nigerian press to inform me.

I would have loved to see those three in front of defenders.

So, now, I would wish 3-4-1-2:

--------------Demehin---------------------Ohale--------------------Ogbonna--------------------

-------Alozie---------------Ayinde---------------------Ucheibe-----------------Plumptre-------

------------------------------------------------Payne------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------Ajibade------------------------Oshoala----------------------------------

Nigerian press na trash ๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ normally.

This looks good! Ajibade x Oshoala upfront could be real disastrous!

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by LordTheus(m): 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
lovewins:

The English team is good no doubt, but they aren't as good as many are making it seem. If you watched their game against Australia prior to the world cup, and their first 2 games against Haiti and Denmark, you'll come to the same conclusion.

The China game is the outlier, cause they met a terrible team in China. Point is, they of course can beat us, but I wouldn't be surprised if we win. I understand the sentiments of playing one of the tournament's favourite and a highly ranked team, but it won't be a miracle if we beat them. They have one of the worst defense in the world cup.

Randy just needs to set the team up to exploit that.

Hopefully, England's mauling of China might cause them to relax a tiny bit and make them want to repeat the same strategy they employed with China against the Super Falcons? Who knows.

Whatever the case, it will come down to how serious and hungry we are for the win, and our performance will reflect as much.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by GENES11S: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
kelvindj98:
Should have won against Ireland to avoid this. Well they have reached their bus stop. It is time to come down. They tried their best...kudos to the falcons.

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by hustla(m): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
We sball be there to kick their asses

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hin don tey wey African teams don suffer for this world cup tournament. Even this one self wey 3 of them qualify for knockout stage, na war. Morroco chop 6 for their first match but they rugged am to knockout with just 2 goals. South Africa rough am with anywhere belle face join knockout stage. Nigeria qualified decently small.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

Senegalese Player Casually Leans Against Goalpost As Colombia At World Cup / Idah Peterside: I Slept With Virgins For Money Ritual, Had Meetings With Snakes / Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)