Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,992 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 (117315 Views)

Fifa Women's World Cup 2023: Caption This Photo / Wales Vs England: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (0 - 3) On 29th November 2022 / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by MTNnews: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
African mentality as always.
We will see how it pans out after the match

Give very little to win an easier match you decide you prefer to be paired to one of the strongest team at the WC.

Jaybee3456:

In the world cup there's no easy opponents. Somehow some of us prefer England to Denmark because the girls would want to prove a point. We've faced lesser sides and became complacent in the past.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by MTNnews: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2023
Can Nigeria beat the best at this WC ?
How many have you qualified to the next round

Helper1000:
to be the Best you must beat the best
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Karleb(m): 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
hustla:
We sball be there to kick their asses

grin

What side are you on?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by GreyLaw(m): 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
Jaybee3456:
For the record ๐Ÿ“‰

โœ… 6 games unbeaten for the Super Falcons ๐Ÿฆ… now!

โœ… FIRST African team to keep two cleansheets at the FIFA Women's World Cup

โœ… First time going to the knockout stages UNBEATEN!

โœ… FIRST time Nigeria is proceeding out of a group with a positive goal difference (+1)

There's a lot to be optimistic about going into this game.

CC.
Deltamani

Lauren James alone is a nightmare. Super falcons have to use every legal means to cut her off.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by karkinase(m): 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
Watchout for Lauren Jamesโ€ฆ that girl Issa beast

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Spainze007(m): 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
Louder oooo... All this fact doesn't count when it comes to real deal hmmmm. Well I wish them the very very best!

Omolomo4eva:
Just dey play
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by GreyLaw(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
Dobodobo04:
Firstly, congratulations to the coach and the girls for getting into the last 16.

The game against England will be tough as they are European champions.

We are very good defensively, we have to retain it but now, I think Randy Waldrum should add more offensive creativity to their training drills. Offensively, we need more possibilities and flair to advance against the English team.
More shooting practices, making our set pieces count, more players arriving into the box without opening us to counters, etc. We need show innovation in our offensive capabilities and we could surprise everyone!!

Go on girls, make history. Itโ€™s your turn!!

In what world do you have more players arriving into the opposition's box without being susceptible to counter attacks?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by dante12412(m): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
Karleb:

What side are you on?

On Colos grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by sammirano: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
And home sweet home they come grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by pacespot(m): 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
Rich4god:
Just one goal against Ireland would have paired us against Denmark, the easier team.

We just hope to scale through against the English side.

I tell you, I watched the replay of that match, Falcons were just playing with the Irish team, despite knowing the importance of that match in deciding their knockout-stage opponents.

If I were super falcons coach, I would have played that match as if I needed a win to qualify. No team has ever come second in their group and still went ahead to win the tournament.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by NaijaSumigan: 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
ambassadorgozie:

Super falcons made the biggest mistake of their lives against Ireland. They would have won the game to avoid England. Very stupid of them to play defensively against Ireland.

Now, England will trash us. We're out already

Calm down and believe it's football. Both teams must be given equal chances.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by hustla(m): 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
Karleb:

What side are you on?

Nigeria of course

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Karleb(m): 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
hustla:

Nigeria of course

grin

No go dey jubilate our goal for where British people dey o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by godwon01(m): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
kelvindj98:
Should have won against Ireland to avoid this. Well they have reached their bus stop. It is time to come down. They tried their best...kudos to the falcons.
This remind me of our match against Ivory coast in South Africa in 2013. Men's nation cup in South Africa. Ivorien paraded the likes of Drogba , Yaya Toure, Kalou Etc. We paraded Mikel, Amenike, Victor Moses, Sunday Mba etc. I had thought that , the end has come to the super eagles ambition that day. Up till today , I don't know how we won the match. Football is one kind funny game. JSS 11 can defeat SS 3 CLASS. Who knows we can beat England. It is not over until it is over.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by JohnnyBling(m): 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
Any online streaming platform to watch this womenโ€™s World Cup. score808 isnโ€™t working anymore
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by hustla(m): 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
Karleb:

No go dey jubilate our goal for where British people dey o

Who them be
Make them rest small
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by kingjoe(m): 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
It is good to be optimistic.but the truth needs to be said.
We can't defeat England.They are in top form now .let the margin not be too much.that is all
.they tried.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Dobodobo04: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
GreyLaw:

In what world do you have more players arriving into the opposition's box without being susceptible to counter attacks?

In what world?? In a world where the players are tactically astute to nullify it. Counters happen if you make it happen.

Itโ€™s the knockout stage my friend, you got to take chances.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by wiseone28: 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
I don book plane for them to come back them try

No miracle can happen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by aswani(m): 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
kingjoe:
It is good to be optimistic.but the truth needs to be said.
We can't defeat England.They are in top form now .let the margin not be too much.that is all
.they tried.

Yes we can, it is football and not played on paper.

If we work hard and stay disciplined, we can and will beat them. They only beat Haiti 1 nil, they are not insurmountable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by iamtardey: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
Make dem look like potatoes girls cool
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by jimcaddy(m): 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
They should have packed their bags before the game as that would be the last game. England will popo Nigeria ehn. If we are not careful, they will embarrass us. That England team is just too good, and their manager is a very tactical manager.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by aswani(m): 7:07am On Aug 06, 2023
jimcaddy:
They should have packed their bags before the game as that would be the last game. England will popo Nigeria ehn. If we are not careful, they will embarrass us. That England team is just too good, and their manager is a very tactical manager.

They are not unbeatable, neither are they just too good. Look at their two previous results before the last one.

What they are is a team that would take full advantage of poorly prepared teams or lazy play during a game.

We just need to stand up to them from the first minute and avoid silly individual mistakes in midfield or at the back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 06, 2023
MTNnews:
Can Nigeria beat the best at this WC ?
How many have you qualified to the next round

so there's no first time?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 06, 2023
jimcaddy:
shut up...what happened in thier first two matches...did you watched China game at All? The Chinese were very bad.. poor defending..poor goal keeping

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 06, 2023
aswani:

If we work hard and stay disciplined, we can and will beat them. They only beat Haiti 1 nil, they are not insurmountable.
China was very bad... poor defending.. most of us saying Rubbish didn't even watched the full match

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 06, 2023
Most of you here didn't get to watch The England vs China Match..go and watch the full match before coming here to over hype the English team.. China was very poor..no tactics.. bad defense... bad goal keeping..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by BankyGee(m): 10:30am On Aug 06, 2023
๐Ÿ”ฅTomorrow! ๐Ÿ”ฅ
๐Ÿ”” Monday
๐Ÿ“… 07.08.2023
๐Ÿ•ฃ 08:30AM

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ England ๐Ÿ†š Nigeria ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ

๐Ÿฆ The Three Lionesses ๐Ÿ†š The Super Falcons ๐Ÿฆ…

๐Ÿ”ต Chelsea ๐Ÿ†š Barcelona ๐Ÿ”ด

๐Ÿ’™ Lauren James ๐Ÿ†š Asisat Oshoala ๐Ÿ’š

๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ Who is winning this blockbuster encounter? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ

๐Ÿ“ข This game is going to be thrilling, tough, entertaining and breathtaking. It will contain every emotion you can think of - ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿคค๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿฅถ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ™†๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿคฅ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿพ

๐Ÿ˜Š But Hakuna Matata... We believe in the Super Falcons ๐Ÿฆ… to deliver ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ

โš ๏ธ NOTE: If you are treating any form of heart problem, DO NOT WATCH THIS GAME LIVE! I repeat, DO NOT WATCH THIS GAME LIVE!! You can follow from Flashscore or LiveScore.

Don't say I didn't warn you o ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Fasten your seatbelts ๐Ÿ›‚

GOOD LUCK ๐Ÿ€ SUPER FALCONS ๐Ÿฆ…

โœ๐Ÿพ: Banky G

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by LordTheus(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2023
Not gonna lie, I have a very bad feeling about this game. Something tells me that we'll be better off taking these guys to penalties. I think we have the advantage there and might be able to edge them out. I don't know if we can beat them convincingly in normal time.

Not saying beating them is impossible. The Falcons have the personnel needed to get the job done. I just don't trust the Falcons to give it their very best. If they do, I'm sure we'll win but I honestly don't have the confidence that they will go all out against England.

I hope I'm wrong, and I want to be proven wrong. But I don't know.

One thing's for sure. I won't watch the match. I won't even follow it online. I'll only search up the match when I'm sure it's over. Probably around 10am tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by airprinz(m): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2023
aswani:

Bros calm down, Lauren James didn't play that day to spark her team win with a wide goal margin.

That girl is a threat to her opponents, a beast as far as female football is concern.
Super falcons should watch out for her
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by airprinz(m): 11:35am On Aug 06, 2023
pacespot:

I tell you, I watched the replay of that match, Falcons were just playing with the Irish team, despite knowing the importance of that match in deciding their knockout-stage opponents.

If I were super falcons coach, I would have played that match as if I needed a win to qualify. No team has ever come second in their group and still went ahead to win the tournament.
Pls stop saying what you do not know.
When Portugal won Euro in 2016, they finished the group stage as best losers before going ahead to lift the trophy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

Senegalese Player Casually Leans Against Goalpost As Colombia At World Cup / Idah Peterside: I Slept With Virgins For Money Ritual, Had Meetings With Snakes / Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.