Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo (28107 Views)

Police Detain Senator Abbo Over Alleged Assault / Senator Abbo Apologises, Begs For Forgiveness / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by ebukajay184: 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
I Passed Common Entrance In Primary Three Because Of My Exceptional Brilliance – Senator Abbo

The lawmaker representing Adamawa North Senatorial District, Senator Ishaku Abbo, has revealed that he sat for the National Common Entrance Examination in primary three and passed because he was exceptionally brilliant, IGBERETV reports.

Abbo made this revelation while speaking at the screening of ministerial nominees on the floor of the Senate on Monday.

Senator Abbo spoke on the screening of the nominee from Benue State, Prof. Joseph Utsev over the age of the nominee when he finished primary school.

Lawmakers observed a seeming age disparity in Utsev’s certificate. The nominee in his certificate stated that he was born in 1980 and finished secondary school in 1989.

Lagos lawmaker, Senator Tokunbo Abiru, spotted the error, stating that something must have been missing.

The Senator pointed out that according to his Curriculum Vitae, he was born in 1980 and started primary school three years after in 1984 and finished secondary school in 1989.

Intervening, Abbo clarified that he had a similar personal experience to the Benue ministerial nominee. The lawmaker said he sat and passed the common entrance examination when he was in primary three. However, he did not disclose his age or year when he sat for the exams, as he claimed that he was exceptionally brilliant.

Abbo said, “First of all, our nominee from Benue State, you see some people don’t understand some basic things. To clear the air on the issue of you finishing primary school at the age of three.

Let me tell you a personal story. I sat for the common entrance examination when I was in primary three and I won because I was exceptionally brilliant. I passed, it is all the same; winning and passing is the same.

“So, the question of you entering primary school at the age of three did not arise but when did you finish and at what level did you sit for your common entrance examination.

“You may be like me – exceptionally brilliant – but we have clear the issue because we are on national television and I don’t want people to go home and think that your integrity has been called to question.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1449403/passed-common-entrance-primary-three-exceptional-brilliance-senator-abbo/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by flexyrule(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2023
I can attest to the fact that Sen. Abbo (he was fondly called Cliff) was actually a very brilliant student.

I knew him way back from Mubi in Adamawa State...

From his humble days in Vimtim to when he came out as HIV positive, then during his days with several International NGOs and most memorably, when he used to fly to England to watch Man Utd matches.

But writing common entrance in primary 3... Omoh. That one weak me!

Ordinarily, way back at primary 3, you no even suppose sabi read finish.

But if I believed that a 13 year old is the youngest AWS certified developer in Africa... Then I'll humbly swallow Abbo's story too.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by updatechange(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2023
Quite possible… I finished secondary school at the age of 16 and I have classmates that I am way older than in my class that we started together from jjs1 btw I repeated a class because of change of school so it’s quite possible.

Although I don’t trust anything Nigeria politician.

All of Una wey Dey quote me… Una go explain tire.
All I know is writing common entrance in pry3 is very realistic just as I sat for GCE when in ss2

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Bsc(m): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
This Man

3 Likes

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by DrAda(f): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
This is absurd.

This goes to show that our leaders are infact stark illiterates, reflected further upon the poor budgetary allocations to education and health.

What a country!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by designking: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
On Kolos

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by SouthSouth1914: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
This man must have taken one of the hard drugs listed on NDLEA’s cache!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by MrbasHH: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
Okay sir; Keep it up
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Starboytwo(m): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
Cold as.s Zobo

4 Likes

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by PlayerMeji: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
ok
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by blackdover: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023

Presently, running a generator for 7hrs costs a minimum of N3,000 for fuel.

N3,000, for a month = N90,000.

Meanwhile, it's just your laptop you're powering.

That N90,000 you would spend on fuel for just a month would buy this 52,800mah(190W) POWERSTATION.

Think about it🫠.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by IFSHR: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
He said I won..since common entrance na inter house sport ...

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by stanleydsk(m): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
You are highly welcome Mr brilliant

1 Like

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Abolodje: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
My guy😂
He real learn well from hin oga Lord Agbadorian😝

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by yawehoverall: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ok
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by tommykiwi(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
Scammers screening Scammers!

Which way Nigeria?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Xscape1993(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
Who and who have we offended in this country?

18 Likes

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Queenext: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
See the leaders we have in Nigeria, little wonder we aren't developing as a nation.

Zero mental ability of our leaders, so we shouldn't expect much from them...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by tritt(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
You mean am??
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by id4sho(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
intimacy gadget shop tongue

7 Likes

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by FreeStuffsNG: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
You can not pass common entrance in flying colours in Primary 3 unless he means he scored above those very low cut off mark of common entrance used for most states in the north.

To score 62 out of 250 is pass for Adamawa but still a fail score just like those who scored 140 out of 400 in JAMB and 'passed' into UNICAL, Uniuyo and other glorified Secondary schools. Check my signature for free stuffs!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by InvertedHammer: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
ebukajay184:
I Passed Common Entrance In Primary Three Because Of My Exceptional Brilliance – Senator Abbo

https://igberetvnews.com/1449403/passed-common-entrance-primary-three-exceptional-brilliance-senator-abbo/

/

It is possible.

If a snake can swallow N36million in Nigeria, there is nothing absurd in passing Common Entrance Exam in Primary 3.

/

4 Likes

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by GboyegaD(m): 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2023
With some of the ELDS cut off point of less than 200 in those days when National Common Entrance had a total point of 600, it is very possible to pass by random guessing. Thus, I would say in Abbo's case, I believe him.

1 Like

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by phemmyfour: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2023
What's big deal in common entrance .... that's not even the min requirement for a political office in Nigeria
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Mindlog: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2023
What was the cut off mark of Adamawa?
Alusiizizi:
This Abbo guy looks to be in his late forties/early fifties. Is there anyone on this thread that still remembers common entrance in the 1980's as well as the notorious quota system? I'll give you a short summary:

SouthEast region and Bendel(present day Esan territory of Edo state) cutoff: 320~340 out of 400.

Benin state and virtually all southwest states as well as middle belt cutoff: ~250 out of 400.

Virtually all Northern region(The minister candidates in questions' region): less than ~120 out of 400.

I still remember many boys from the northern regions that even secured scholarships to unity schools after scoring ~70 out of 400.

So, what "brilliance" is this ministerial candidate referring to?

Actually in 1989, it was out of 600 because my eldest sister sat for it and scored 534 and our state, (Imo state) cut off mark that year was 523 and highest in Nigeria, while the old Gongola state was less than 200 as we had a neighbour who was from Mubi (Gongola state) whose daughter scored less than 200 and made it to Queens College Lagos while my eldest sister didn't get FGC Ijanikin that was her first choice nor FGC Okigwe that was her second choice but was compensated with Federal Government College, Sokoto ! Imagine sending a 12 year old from Lagos to Sokoto by road way back in 1990......my parents did waka to them and got my sister enrolled in a day secondary school in Lagos.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by citygarden(m): 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2023
Is this not the senator that slap a lady then?

13 Likes

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by BOSSkesh(m): 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ministers that tinubu recommends
Hmm

1 Like

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by BOSSkesh(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
This guy should shut up abeg
There’s no possible way for somebody to finish secondary education by the age of 9 it’s just not possible
The candidate should be disqualified immediately
That’s how illiterates have invaded our political space
And the oppressed are hailing them

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Betanaija42moro: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
Nigeria politicians and lies na 5&6

6 Likes

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Weedhustler: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Atlantis585: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
The slapping, bleaching sexx toy Senator don come again. How the heck is that remotely possible especially for someone from that quota zone?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar At Town Hall Meeting With Youths In Lagos (Photos) / DPR Paid 8 Billion Naira Salary Upfront In January - Premium Times / Obi, Ex-NBA President Olumide Akpata Attend LP Rally In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.