Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo (28121 Views)

Police Detain Senator Abbo Over Alleged Assault / Senator Abbo Apologises, Begs For Forgiveness / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by jamalnation(m): 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2023
I did mine at primary 4 and I passed
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Rumundele(m): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2023
I don't know how possible for a 9yrs old boy to sit for WAEC.
In my own case i enter primary at 4, wrote common entrance at 9 because my Headmaster then did not allow me complete primary 2, he made me joined pr3 class, that almost affected my progression.
Sat for WAEC at 16yrs.

So this one that finish secondary school at 9yrs really weakened me, maybe that is why he is a professor and i am not.

Who am i to judge we are in the era of impossibility is nothing.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by greatiyk4u(m): 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2023
flexyrule:
I can attest to the fact that Sen. Abbo (he was fondly called Cliff) was actually a very brilliant student.

I knew him way back from Mubi in Adamawa State...

From his humble days in Vimtim to when he came out as HIV positive, then during his days with several International NGOs and most memorably, when he used to fly to England to watch Man Utd matches.

But writing common entrance in primary 3... Omoh. That one weak me!

Ordinarily, way back at primary 3, you no even suppose sabi read finish.

But if I believed that a 13 year old is the youngest AWS certified developer in Africa... Then I'll humbly swallow Abbo's story too.

Are you nwamaikpe?
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Focusmind: 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
Mindlog:
What was the cut off mark of Adamawa?

Actually in 1989, it was out of 600 because my eldest sister sat for it and scored 534 and our state, (Imo state) cut off mark that year was 523 and highest in Nigeria, while the old Gongola state was less than 200 as we had a neighbour who was from Mubi (Gongola state) whose daughter scored less than 200 and made it to Queens College Lagos while my elder sister didn't get FGC Ijanikin that was her first choice nor FGC Okigwe that was her second choice but was compensated with Federal Government College, Sokoto ! Imagine sending a 12 year old from Lagos to Sokoto by road way back in 1990......my parents did waka to them and got my sister enrolled in a day secondary school in Lagos.

You just summarised the dedication and commitment some of our parents showed in the 80's and early 90's about their children. I did my own FGC common entrance in 1990 and was admitted to FGC Maiduguri because I didn't meet the Anambra State cut off for both Kings College, Lagos and FGC Enugu, which were my first and second choice, respectively.
My Dad was moving up and down from Anambra to Borno state for change of school for me and to get letter of release from FGC Maiduguri. Luckily, I later sat and passed the entrance exam of one of the most prestigious Catholic school in Nigeria. That was how I skipped FGC Maiduguri and went to Catholic school.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by victorazy(m): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
flexyrule:
I can attest to the fact that Sen. Abbo (he was fondly called Cliff) was actually a very brilliant student.

From his humble days in Vimtim to when he came out as HIV positive, then during his days with several International NGOs and most memorably, when he used to fly to England to watch Man Utd matches.

But if I believed that a 13 year old is the youngest AWS certified developer in Africa... Then I'll humbly swallow Abbo's story too.

Is possible. Fear Northern schools o grin
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by BoldBrainz(m): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
Mamayam:

Kindergaten and nursery no b d same tin?

Totally not, in a lot of private nursery schools.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by BoldBrainz(m): 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You can not pass common entrance in flying colours in Primary 3 unless he means he scored above those very low cut off mark of common entrance used for most states in the north.

To score 62 out of 250 is pass for Adamawa but still a fail score just like those who scored 140 out of 400 in JAMB and 'passed' into UNICAL, Uniuyo and other glorified Secondary schools. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Nobody gets admission to study any course in Unical and Uniuyo with a cut-off mark of 140 over 400. That score merely represents Jamb's cut-off, not the school's. There's a reason schools still set Post UTME for successful Jambites.

Stop misinforming people over nairaland likes!

1 Like

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Ikpunnegi01: 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2023
DrAda:
This is absurd.

This goes to show that our leaders are infact stark illiterates, reflected further on the poor budgetary allocations to both education and health.

What a country
Say no more sister!
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by FireUpNow(m): 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2023
Did he come out from the University with a first class of 5point CGPA?
President Bola Almed Tinubu's academic records are sketchy so I won't be surprised to see him calling into his cabinet his kindred. An apple doesn't fall far from it's tree.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by FreeStuffsNG: 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Nobody gets admission to study any course in Unical and Uniuyo with a cut-off mark of 140 over 400. That score merely represents Jamb's cut-off, not the school's. There's a reason schools still set Post UTME for successful Jambites.

Stop misinforming people over nairaland likes!
smh. I will henceforth ignore you since you are not ashamed of the disgraceful action of rewarding mediocre 35% score JAMB candidates with admission to mediocre school like UNICAL, Uniuyo etc. I am hugely disappointed in NUC for even allowing such nonsense!
No university in the world uses a 35% score as pass, admitting students with such score is academically fraudulent!!
That is a screenshot of UNICAL website where they shamelessly advertised vacancy for mediocre JAMB candidates with 140 out of 400! Post utme and WAEC are just extra, the statutory exam for university undergraduate education in Nigeria is JAMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Lanre1st(m): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
What is this intimacy gadget senator is saying? No matter how brilliant you are, you can not finish secondary school at age of 9yrs. Nobody in Nigeria can convince me that he use 6years for primary and secondary education.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Mindlog: 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
Focusmind:

You just summarised the dedication and commitment some of our parents showed in the 80's and early 90's about their children. I did my own FGC common entrance in 1990 and was admitted to FGC Maiduguri because I didn't meet the Anambra State cut off for both Kings College, Lagos and FGC Enugu, which were my first and second choice, respectively.
My Dad was moving up and down from Anambra to Borno state for change of school for me and to get letter of release from FGC Maiduguri. Luckily, I later sat and passed the entrance exam of one of the most prestigious Catholic school in Nigeria. That was how I skipped FGC Maiduguri and went to Catholic school.

Yes, our parents really did try their best. The painful thing was that my sister passed both the common entrance exam and the subsequent interview but was given FGC Sokoto. My parents really tried to even get some where near, FGC Odogbolu (Ogun state) but it didn't work out.

My sister, now a Rev.Sr. and a consultant psychologist keep saying she was depressed throughout secondary school because she didn't make it to FGC despite her brilliancy and it got worsen, whenever our neighbour's daughter came back home from Queens College on mid term breaks and end of term holidays. It was at that tender age, she realized the injustice called quota system and harboured that anger until she spoke about the repressed anger, when she went for personal therapy during her doctorate program.

2 Likes

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by belcom10(m): 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2023
I only know of primary four. When I was in primary school. Some brilliant students took common extrance exams.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by BoldBrainz(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
smh. I will henceforth ignore you since you are not ashamed of the disgraceful action of rewarding mediocre 35% score JAMB candidates with admission to mediocre school like UNICAL, Uniuyo etc. I am hugely disappointed in NUC for even allowing such nonsense!
No university in the world uses a 35% score as pass, admitting students with such score is academically fraudulent!!
That is a screenshot of UNICAL website where they shamelessly advertised vacancy for mediocre JAMB candidates with 140 out of 400! Post utme and WAEC are just extra, the statutory exam for university undergraduate education in Nigeria is JAMB

I don't want to think you're having difficulties understanding English in the evening.

By virtue of Jamb's standard, cut-off marks are set for universities which they have to adhere to in selection of students eligible for their Post UTME.

At the end of the day, students who don't ace the P-UTME are dropped. As for calling for students with 140 above in Jamb, that's a standard procedure, going by Jamb's specification. No single department in Unical and Uniuyo have their admission cut-offs pegged at 140 over 400.

Stop making me type plenty! E don dey annoy me .
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by John4B: 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
If these ppl were to be thoroughly screened many will be disqualified. But in a situation where corruption has become a norm in a particular country, I don't expect anything positive from the exercise.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by babamadiba(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
flexyrule:

But if I believed that a 13 year old is the youngest AWS-certified developer in Africa... Then I'll humbly swallow Abbo's story too.
my younger brother wrote in primary 4
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by uniqueflash(m): 6:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
ebukajay184:
I Passed Common Entrance In Primary Three Because Of My Exceptional Brilliance – Senator Abbo

https://igberetvnews.com/1449403/passed-common-entrance-primary-three-exceptional-brilliance-senator-abbo/
The slapping senator has learn his lesson in a hard way hence his support for anything APC does
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Sucolee(m): 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
Wey other they boast of cowbell pedia
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by engrchykae(m): 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
He was given certificate of reciting Koran at the age of 3
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Dshocker(m): 6:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
Isn't he the senator living with HIV?
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by sonofthunder: 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2023
Neddyogu:

Ministers are not elected officials tho

Isn't he a current senator?

I know he definitely won his re-election after the ugly incident and got a pardon from the Senate.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by onlyboyson(m): 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2023
Who to ask
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
flexyrule:

Stop supporting nonsense.....no parents then or pupil thought of skipping any classes due to their child brilliance. It was a question of getting qualitative education and come to think of writing common entrance at primary 3 in a less educationally backward state of adamawa back then......

1 Like

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by seunayantokun(m): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2023
In the past, some people didn't attend any secondary school, even primary or standard six they didn't complete. They homeschooled themselves, sat GCE and passed. They climbed all the way to become professors. But for some of us,, no parent would even take you near a school until you were at least six.
But if there are issues with the age of any nominee, let them be thoroughly scrutinised.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by shoprite: 6:42pm On Aug 01, 2023
Let me tell you a personal story. I sat for the common entrance examination when I was in primary three and I won because I was exceptionally brilliant. I passed, it is all the same; winning and passing is the same.

Coming from an "exceptionally brilliant" fellow . . .I give up. BTW, is he still into shopping around for adult toys? . . .Just asking!

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Judd007: 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2023
When he was in primary 3, I was in primary 2, we wrote together, very soon KG 3 will be writing too.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by BJanta: 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
What's the big deal in this? I was born in 1971 and finished my school cert in 1978. I'd done all my primary education before I was born. My mother was a teacher and she took me to school everyday in the womb.. I had double promotion in my secondary school because I was excessively brilliant. Nigeria don yakata for ground .

2 Likes

Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Elev82014: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
Liars everywhere!
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by Littlefingerjp: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
updatechange:
Quite possible… I finished secondary school at the age of 16 and I have classmates that I am way older than in my class that we started together from jjs1 btw I repeated a class because of change of school so it’s quite possible.

Although I don’t trust anything Nigeria politician.

All of Una wey Dey quite me… Una go explain tire.
All I know is writing common entrance in pry3 is very realistic just as I sat for GCE when in ss2
At least Yu said ss2 not js3
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2023
ebukajay184:
I Passed Common Entrance In Primary Three Because Of My Exceptional Brilliance – Senator Abbo

https://igberetvnews.com/1449403/passed-common-entrance-primary-three-exceptional-brilliance-senator-abbo/

So she finished primary and secondary school at the age of 9?
Naija my country
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by gannod(m): 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin brilliance indeed! With the poor quality of legislation in the last 8 years, I am not surprised.
Re: I Passed Common Entrance In Primary 3 Because Of My Brilliance – Senator Abbo by flexyrule(m): 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Stop supporting nonsense.....no parents then or pupil thought of skipping any classes due to their child brilliance. It was a question of getting qualitative education and come to think of writing common entrance at primary 3 in a less educationally backward state of adamawa back then......
Adamawa was an Educationally backward state back then?..

Could have managed to swallow your initial insult, but calling Adamawa an educational backward state back then either indicates that you were either born in the nineties or you haven't traveled out of your region. I hate it when people say what they don't know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015:: Anyim, Governors, Ministers Escape Death At Minna TAN Rally.!! / Lavish Lifestyle: Which Christopher Brambaifa Are They Talking About? / We Can Monitor This Coming Election With Spying Houseflies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.