Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * (1604 Views)

Believers, don't disregard what I share here (especially the Prophesies) / Primate E.O Akeju's 32 Prophesies On Atiku, Buhari, Tinubu, Obasanjo, Funke / Benny Hinn Prophesies Change In Nigeria's Political System In A "Few Weeks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Image123:

Ndo mr only.
https://youtube/ViSIhfimUL4?si=5uBt22L3S5Tp6

Did you listen to him?? He was making a PREDICTION, and advising others to stop prophesying as no one knows where things are headed.
Others did bold-face "God told me" prophesies!
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Two reasons

□ God put a seal on Prophets and Visions over 1900 years ago when He destroyed His Jerusalem and judged all or Israel during the Last days

□ There are no prophets in the Kingdom of God. And as such all those who pretend to speak prophecies or claim to see visions regarding the affairs of men all while using the name of God, and/or Jesus Christ are false prophets. undecided
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying abeg! undecided

You're one funny guy. You keep repeating this when prophets arise from time to time to give detailed prophesies they received and they turned out happening exactly as prophesied.
I don't know who told you this or where you read it but look around you, study history of prophesies, IT IS FALSE DOCTRINE!!!
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2023
vdestro:

Almajiris and atheists have people following them and they dont give any prophecy at all.

I can name a bunch of pastors, name ONE almajiri who has a lare gathering of people following him
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

When John the baptist taught his disciples that God's Kingdom will start fighting unrighteousness in the first century did he go about telling people or it's just within his own disciples?
Ọmọ Jehovah's Witnesses never published any magazine stating a date that the world will end so use your brain not what faithless miscreants are spreading up and down.

I have asked you to quote any publication of Jehovah's Witnesses where a specific date was mentioned regarding the end of the world.
Moreover that's not a prophesy because it's already written in the Bible that the world of wicked people will end so anyone echoing it is not committing any crime because whether it delay or not the wicked system of things will come to an end! Matthew 24:14

What you should be concerned about if you're intelligent is prophecies that has nothing to do with what the Bible foretold not what the Bible already said! wink

You keep invoking John the Baptist and asking me to mention where JW said world would end, well see below

1 Like

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Image123(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Did you listen to him?? He was making a PREDICTION, and advising others to stop prophesying as no one knows where things are headed.
Others did bold-face "God told me" prophesies!

LoLz, i give up. Enjoy your self.
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ You're one funny guy. You keep repeating this when prophets arise from time to time to give detailed prophesies they received and they turned out happening exactly as prophesied.
I don't know who told you this or where you read it but look around you, study history of prophesies, IT IS FALSE DOCTRINE!!!
God told me that over 1900 years ago He put a seal on Prophets and visions as His Old Covenant Judgement against the Nation of Israel was brought to an end in those last days - Daniel 9 vs 24 - 27 . Jesus Christ never promised to make or send prophets out into the world. And He, Jesus Christ even said that John the Baptist was the last of those born prophets of Old. So where do your prophets come from and who do their many predictions come from? undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You keep invoking John the Baptist and asking me to mention where JW said world would end, well see below

You're so confused that you don't know the difference between events marking times and the end of the world!

You haven't quote just one publication where a SPECIFIC DATE was mentioned.

For instance
"the world will end on the Second of August 2023" please show me where such is written.

Remember John the baptist, Jesus of Nazareth both said "the kingdom of God is at hand" 1900 years ago. Going by your analogy both of them are false prophets for saying that since the end of the world hasn't come till today! smiley
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God told me that over 1900 years ago He put a seal on Prophets and visions as His Old Covenant Judgement against the Nation of Israel was brought to an end in those last days - Daniel 9 vs 24 - 27 . Jesus Christ never promised to make or send prophets out into the world. And He, Jesus Christ even said that John the Baptist was the last of those born prophets of Old. So where do your prophets come from and who do their many predictions come from? undecided

Whoever told you that can't be God, because it is a LIE!!!
There are sooo many clearly authentic prophets since John the Baptist. Book of Reveltions for one, among many others, is prophesy, yet happened after JTB.

1 Like

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're so confused that you don't know the difference between events marking times and the end of the world!

You haven't quote just one publication where a SPECIFIC DATE was mentioned.

For instance
"the world will end on the Second of August 2023" please show me where such is written.

Remember John the baptist, Jesus of Nazareth both said "the kingdom of God is at hand" 1900 years ago. Going by your analogy both of them are false prophets for saying that since the end of the world hasn't come till today! smiley

You are the one totally confused from brainwashing by powers that be at JW.

The Kingdom of God was indeed at hand and was already beginning when JTB and Lord Jesus spoke. When He was asked where it was, he said "the Kingdom of God is within you."
You compare that to JW that kept prediting rapture and end of world year to year since 1878, and finally clung to WW1 as proof they were right - that Lord Jesus returned invisibly and have been rulling since October 1914!!

1 Like

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ Whoever told you that can't be God, because it is a LIE!!!
There are sooo many clearly authentic prophets since John the Baptist. Book of Reveltions for one, among many others, is prophesy, yet happened after JTB.
God said in the last days that He would cause the sons and daughter of Israel in zion and Jerusalem at the time to prophesy; the sons would see visions while the old men would dream dreams --- Joel 2. So ofcourse there were many prophets in the Land at the time but none them born that way since, again, as Jesus Christ made clear, John was the last born prophet in the Land.

The last prophet of the Old Covenant sent by God was John the Baptist and this was to herald the end of the Old Covenant Era. It was in the Old Covenant that God specifically promised to send prophets from among His people Israel to His people, Israel. So, if God sealed His Old Covenant-- put a seal on all prophets and visions --- according to even His prophecy through Daniel.. undecided

So, again, who exactly sent your TB Joshua and who gave him the prophecies you claim that he gave to you.. undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God said in the last days that He would cause the sons and daughter of Israel in zion and Jerusalem at the time to prophesy; the sons would see visions while the old men would dream dreams --- Joel 2. So ofcourse there were many prophets in the Land at the time but none them born that way since, again, as Jesus Christ made clear, John was the last born prophet in the Land.

The last prophet of the Old Covenant sent by God was John the Baptist and this was to herald the end of the Old Covenant Era. It was in the Old Covenant that God specifically promised to send prophets from among His people Israel to His people, Israel. So, if God sealed His Old Covenant-- put a seal on all prophets and visions --- according to even His prophecy through Daniel.. undecided

So, again, who exactly sent your TB Joshua and who gave him the prophecies you claim that he gave to you.. undecided

See him, trying to be too clever by half. Oh, so now it is no longer prophets ended with JTB, it is BORN prophets!! And what proof do you have that OT prophets were born prophets??
And how did TB Joshua enter the discussion?

1 Like

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
Image123:

LoLz, i give up. Enjoy your self.

You give up what?
LISTEN to him. He was cautioning others to stop prophesying and let God do His thing, and PREDICTING nothing would happen - never claimed God told him anything!
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

"the Kingdom of God is within you."
What's your understanding of the above quote? smiley
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ See him, trying to be too clever by half. Oh, so now it is no longer prophets ended with JTB, it is BORN prophets!! And what proof do you have that OT prophets were born prophets??
And how did TB Joshua enter the discussion?
Stop trying to twist my words in some desperate attempt to continue evading the question.. undecided

John was the last prophet sent by God, this is what Jesus Christ Himself whose words hold no real meanih to you proclaimed. undecided

Numbers 12 vs 6 tells of how God communicated with those He considered prophets. Joel 2, God said in the last days of Zion and Jerusalem --- last days of His Nation of Israel--- He would make prophets of the people in the Land even in their sins. These prophets were not sent but given access to the communication channel that was once only those chosen holy prophets of God. It is for this reason that even a murderer like Saul of Tarsus, along with many other sinners in the Land at the time were able to see visions and prophesy as they were recorded to have done --- something that was unheard of before that time. undecided

I thought JTB was reference to Joshua TB. Nevertheless, the issue here is who sent your so called accurate prophets of today and where do they source their many claims from since God of Old Covenant closed office over 1900 years ago. undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop trying to twist my words in some desperate attempt to continue evading the question.. undecided

John was the last prophet sent by God, this is what Jesus Christ Himself whose words hold no real meanih to you proclaimed. undecided

Numbers 12 vs 6 tells of how God communicated with those He considered prophets. Joel 2, God said in the last days of Zion and Jerusalem --- last days of His Nation of Israel--- He would make prophets of the people in the Land even in their sins. These prophets were not sent but given access to the communication channel that was once only those chosen holy prophets of God. It is for this reason that even a murderer like Saul of Tarsus, along with many other sinners in the Land at the time were able to see visions and prophesy as they were recorded to have done --- something that was unheard of before that time. undecided

I thought JTB was reference to Joshua TB. Nevertheless, the issue here is who sent your so called accurate prophets of today and where do they source their many claims from since God of Old Covenant closed office over 1900 years ago. undecided

It is one thing for someone to be uneducated. But quite another to be MISEDUCATED. I know you were taught all this or read it somewhere.
My brother, you are miseducated. Let me start the arduous task of re-education:
No my bros, God does not change like that. As he was in the beginning, so is he now and ever shall be. Secondly, God does what He wants. God would not limit Himself as to wether He can send a messenger or not. Only man would falsely limit Him that way.
More to come

1 Like

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:
It is one thing for someone to be uneducated. But quite another to be MISEDUCATED. I know you were taught all this or read it somewhere.
My brother, you are miseducated. Let me start the arduous task of re-education:
No my bros, God does not change like that. As he was in the beginning, so is he now and ever shall be. Secondly, God does what He wants. God would not limit Himself as to wether He can send a messenger or not. Only man would falsely limit Him that way.
More to come
Over and over you continue to offer up what amounts to an opinion as rebuttal to that documented in scripture and the question I continue to ask. What you expect for me to do with any of it, I have no real clue. undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Over and over you continue to offer up what amounts to an opinion as rebuttal to that documented in scripture and the question I continue to ask. What you expect for me to do with any of it, I have no real clue. undecided

You are the one offering up opinions and what u heard somewhere.
Mine, besides being common sense, is straight from the bible:

For I the Lord does not change (Malachi 3:6)

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8 )

1 Like

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ You are the one offering opinions and what u heard somewhere.
Mine, besides being common sense, is straight from the bible:

For I the Lord does not change (Malachi 3:6)
Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8 )
I don't get it! How do I make heads or tails of this response of yours?

□ Are you somehow insinuating that what God Himself said would come to pass, even in His Law - Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 57 - never happened because you believe God does not change? undecided

□ Are you having us believe that all Jesus Christ prophesied regarding the destruction to come while many were still alive during his time- Mathew 24 & Mark 13 & Luke 13 -- never took place because you believe Jesus Christ is the same always? undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't get it! How do I make heads or tails of this response of yours?

□ Are you somehow insinuating that what God Himself said would come to pass, even in His Law - Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 57 - never happened because you believe God does not change? undecided

□ Are you having us believe that all Jesus Christ prophesied regarding the destruction to come while many were still alive during his time- Mathew 24 & Mark 13 & Luke 13 -- never took place because you believe Jesus Christ is the same always? undecided

Don't change the subject. God is not limited, neither does God limit Himself. Only MAN does that for Him.
You were miseducated. Not your fault, but true

1 Like

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
If you don't understand something just ask because 99% of Jews till today don't believe in Jesus simply because they feel it's a scam if he can't save them from Roman oppression!
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ Don't change the subject. God is not limited, neither does God limit Himself. Only MAN does that for Him.
You were miseducated. Not your fault, but true
i am not changing the subject at all since You are not making any sense still. So you believe what God has in fact decreed comes to pass yet you do not believe that all He, and Jesus Christ said would take place over 1900 years have indeed been fulfilled? undecided

Was the mention of God and Jesus Christ being unchanging meant to serve as some sort of distraction or what? undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
i am not changing the subject at all since You are not making any sense still. So you believe what God has in fact decreed comes to pass yet you do not believe that all He, and Jesus Christ said would take place over 1900 years have indeed been fulfilled? undecided

Was the mention of God and Jesus Christ being unchanging meant to serve as some sort of distraction or what? undecided

Sometimes use your own common sense. Don't just unquestioningy imbibe whatever is put in you, like that JW guy. See below

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Sometimes use your own common sense. Don't just unquestioningy imbibe whatever is put in you, like that JW guy. See below

As if you have COMMON SENSE! cheesy

You that can't distinguish between prophecies and echoing of prophetic utterances.

Ọmọ whatever makes JWs false for echoing what John the baptist and Jesus of Nazareth said it simply means the source of the prophecy is false in the first place! wink
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

As if you have COMMON SENSE! cheesy

You that can't distinguish between prophecies and echoing of prophetic utterances.

Ọmọ whatever makes JWs false for echoing what John the baptist and Jesus of Nazareth said it simply means the source of the prophecy is false in the first place! wink

Bros, they really did a number on you didn't they? So much so that you are prohibited from thinking!
At least the other guy can possibly be re-educated, with you it is impossible!
How can you be so brainwashed that you believe what JohnTB and Lord Jesus were saying were same as JW saying rapture and end of the world would come in such and such a year??
When John and Christ were proclaiming the kingdom, the kingdom was indeed at hand, and was infact already there!

1 Like

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Aemmyjah(m): 12:12am On Aug 03, 2023
PoliteActivist:

The Kingdom of God was indeed at hand and was already beginning when JTB and Lord Jesus spoke. When He was asked where it was, he said "the Kingdom of God is within you."

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees sir
As King Designate of that kingdom, he could that the kingdom was within them (being in their midst)
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 7:50am On Aug 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees sir
As King Designate of that kingdom, he could that the kingdom was within them (being in their midst)

Meaning what?
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ Sometimes use your own common sense. Don't just unquestioningy imbibe whatever is put in you, like that JW guy. See below
I suggest you pay take that advice there to heart. undecided

The passage you quoted reference the events that took place during the last half of the last week of the seventy weeks of seven that God told Daniel would take place before the end is pronounced on the city of Jerusalem which you are told of there in verse 11 - 13. And the destruction in question took place over 1900 years ago. undecided

Or are you somehow of the mind that God will rebuild Jerusalem only for Him to destroy it again?. undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I suggest you pay take that advice there to heart. undecided

The passage you quoted reference the events that took place during the last half of the last week of the seventy weeks of seven that God told Daniel would take place before the end is pronounced on the city of Jerusalem which you are told of there in verse 11 - 13. And the destruction in question took place over 1900 years ago. undecided

Or are you somehow of the mind that God will rebuild Jerusalem only for Him to destroy it again?. undecided

What are you talking about?? You sure u ok?
Oh, you probably posted the wrong person by mistake
Here's the screenshot again

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2023
PoliteActivist:

When John and Christ were proclaiming the kingdom, the kingdom was indeed at hand, and was infact already there!

So are you saying it's pointless preaching about the kingdom today since it's been 2,000 years ago? cheesy
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ What are you talking about?? You sure u ok?
Oh, you probably posted the wrong person by mistake
Here's the screenshot again
Pay attention! The events recorded in Revelations 11 took place over 1900 years. The 42 months .i.e 1260 days Ala 3.5 days of the last of the 70 weeks of seven happened over 1900 years ago, the same time God told you He would put a seal on Prophets and visions. undecided

You are just as guilty as your JW brothers of unquestionably imbibing doctrines and traditions fed you by men without doing your own research/using your own understanding. undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Pay attention! The events recorded in Revelations 11 took place over 1900 years. The 42 months .i.e 1260 days Ala 3.5 days of the last of the 70 weeks of seven happened over 1900 years ago, the same time God told you He would put a seal on Prophets and visions. undecided

Where exactly in the Bible did God tell YOU he'll end prophets??
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Where exactly in the Bible did God tell YOU he'll end prophets??
After the Bible book of Revelations which says:

“I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll; and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things that are written about in this scroll" Revelations 22:18-19

From that very day all believers must continue to echo the message "God's kingdom is at hand" any prophecy apart from what has been written is FAKE so those prophesying what isn't written in the Bible are inspired by demons! Revelations 16:14 wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Elisha,eunoch,moses Have Gone When God Took Them Alive / Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? / Faith Works And Dead Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.