Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * (1603 Views)

Believers, don't disregard what I share here (especially the Prophesies) / Primate E.O Akeju's 32 Prophesies On Atiku, Buhari, Tinubu, Obasanjo, Funke / Benny Hinn Prophesies Change In Nigeria's Political System In A "Few Weeks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ Where exactly in the Bible did God tell YOU he'll end prophets??
So you don't believe Jesus Christ was speaking the Truth when He said what He did of John the Baptist? God told you He would in Daniel 9 vs 24 - 27. undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by johnw47: 12:33am On Aug 04, 2023
lost false jw mad max recently taught that God is not omnipotent/all powerful
because He cannot do things like lie, oh duh

so according to false jw's all having the same line of thought,
Jehovah is not Almighty God, but a lesser god than that

omnipotent
adjective
having unlimited power.

almighty
adjective
having complete power

pantokratōr
the all ruling, that is, God (as absolute and universal sovereign): - Almighty, Omnipotent.

humans easily lie, but it's not in God's Character and Holiness to lie,
so false jw's claim because God cannot/would not lie, He is not Omnipotent/Almighty

if God could/would lie He would be just like the devil and so called Jehovah's witnesses:

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Jeremiah 32:17 – There is nothing too hard for You.

Mark 14:36 – Father, all things are possible for You.

Job 42:2 – I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

After the Bible book of Revelations which says:

“I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll; and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things that are written about in this scroll" Revelations 22:18-19

From that very day all believers must continue to echo the message "God's kingdom is at hand" any prophecy apart from what has been written is FAKE so those prophesying what isn't written in the Bible are inspired by demons! Revelations 16:14 wink

How anyone can read the above and have it mean that God said He'd no longer send prophets beats me.
If that's not brainwashing I don't know what is
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So you don't believe Jesus Christ was speaking the Truth when He said what He did of John the Baptist? God told you He would in nlfpmod Daniel 9 vs 24 - 27. undecided

See your quotation below.
Where did God say he'd no longer send prophets??

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

How anyone can read the above and have it mean that God said He'd no longer send prophets beats me. If that's not brainwashing I don't know what is

Your thread is my witness today!

Go and find true prophets sent by God to tell you how COVID-19 or Invasion of Ukraine will go. You yourself said all the prophets around you today we're guessing yet you don't want to agree with what God's word said.

If God said "NO Addition and NO Subtraction" do you still expect Him to pass any message to you through prophets?

If that should happen then what will be the purpose of Bible that you're calling "God's word"

Muhammad has come and declared that he's sent by the same God to come and make some corrections and billions are following him today, how can you nullify his message if you're still expecting God to send prophets to you?

Ọmọ you only have ears but you're deaf spiritually speaking! smiley
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Your thread is my witness today!

Go and find true prophets sent by God to tell you how COVID-19 or Invasion of Ukraine will go. You yourself said all the prophets around you today we're guessing yet you don't want to agree with what God's word said.

If God said "NO Addition and NO Subtraction" do you still expect Him to pass any message to you through prophets?

If that should happen then what will be the purpose of Bible that you're calling "God's word"

Muhammad has come and declared that he's sent by the same God to come and make some corrections and billions are following him today, how can you nullify his message if you're still expecting God to send prophets to you?

Ọmọ you only have ears but you're deaf spiritually speaking! smiley

If this is not utter delusion I don't know what is. That passage was talking about adding or subtracting from the BOOK OF REVELATIONS, which almost didn't make it into the bible! Read all below carefully

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
See your quotation below.
Where did God say he'd no longer send prophets??
undecided Read Numbers 12 vs 6 for clues. undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

If this is not utter delusion I don't know what is. That passage was talking about adding or subtracting from the BOOK OF REVELATIONS, which almost didn't make it into the bible! Read all below carefully

You're a complete dumb! smiley

What is the difference between Prophecies and Revelations? cheesy

Are they not what will happen?

God REVEALED what will happen concerning the time Jesus left the planet until the end of all badness and said "NO Addition NO Subtraction" yet you're still expecting Him to REVEAL something to people.
So what He reveals after the book of Revelations will be called what?

Mumu! Yet you're here agitating that what those you're looking up to are saying never come true! smiley
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
Prophets don't necessarily means people who will tell you what is new rather it means those telling you what God said.
So if you're reading God's word (Bible) quoting John 3:16 that makes you a prophet because that's what God said but most people don't know therefore you echoing it makes you a prophet of God..

The only difference between the first century Jewish disciples and we today is that all what they were saying was directly inspired in order to complete God's word {1Corinthians 13:8-10} but after the Bible has been completely there's no more inspired expression so we must all adhere to what is written in the Bible for teaching , reproof , setting matters straight, disciplining in righteousness for Christianity to be one unique family {2Timothy 3:16-17} that's why Paul said only LOVE for God will remain to unite believers no more newly inspired words! 1Corinthians 13:13

Today the contradictions in Christendom is as a result of different individuals claiming they're inspired to teach new things apart from what the Bible say and Satan is the one giving them signs of what will happen in their locality for gullible people like you to become their followers! Revelations 16:14 smiley
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're a complete dumb! smiley

What is the difference between Prophecies and Revelations? cheesy

Are they not what will happen?

God REVEALED what will happen concerning the time Jesus left the planet until the end of all badness and said "NO Addition NO Subtraction" yet you're still expecting Him to REVEAL something to people.
So what He reveals after the book of Revelations will be called what?

Mumu! Yet you're here agitating that what those you're looking up to are saying never come true! smiley

Seems those JW doctrine setters have you so confused you simply refuse to understand even the obvious.
Someone wrote a scroll/book and said no one should add to or subtract from HIS BOOK! How anyone can possibly extrapolate that to mean God can no longer send prophets beats me!
Did he say no one else can write another book? NO?
He was simply placing a curse on anyone that doctors what he wrote to mean something else.
Has absolutely nothing to do with God sending prophets. Geez!
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Seems those JW doctrine setters have you so confused you simply refuse to understand even the obvious.
Someone wrote a scroll/book and said no one should add to or subtract from HIS BOOK! How anyone can possibly extrapolate that to mean God can no longer send prophets beats me!
Did he say no one else can write another book? NO?
He was simply placing a curse on anyone that doctors what he wrote to mean something else.
Has absolutely nothing to do with God sending prophets. Geez!

Search through the scriptures if God ever said so apart from the last book of His word! smiley
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Search through the scriptures if God ever said so apart from the last book of His word! smiley

You are not an idiot, so stop pretending to be one. Clearly, the author of Revelations was talking about adding to or subtracting from HIS book, not any other book, or any other thing. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with God sending or not sending prophets. Not only that, Revelations was not part of the Bible for centuries and was never fully accepted as part of the bible.

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
undecided Read Numbers 12 vs 6 for clues. undecided

Here's the verse u quoted below.
Where does it say God will no longer send prophets??

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Here's the verse u quoted below.
Where does it say God will no longer send prophets??
Wow... you still don't get it? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked If God seals visions and dreams and prophesies, what becomes of Prophets? undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wow... you still don't get it? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked If God seals visions and dreams and prophesies, what becomes of Prophets? undecided

I simply showed you the verse YOU said would show God stopped sending prophecies. It says no such thing.
So what year exactly did God stop sending prophesies?
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■I simply showed you the verse YOU said would show God stopped sending prophecies. It says no such thing.
■ So what year exactly did God stop sending prophesies?
Interesting! So, you just post without in fact reading to understand, is that it? You posted the verse where God indicated that the 70 weeks of 7s were allotted for even the sealing of vision and prophecies, and in Numbers 12, you learn that visions(dreams included) and prophecies were the communication channels that existed between God and His Prophets of old. undecided

2. What year? undecided
ROFLMAO
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! So, you just post without in fact reading to understand, is that it? You posted the verse where God indicated that the 70 weeks of 7s were allotted for even the sealing of vision and prophecies, and in Numbers 12, you learn that visions(dreams included) and prophecies were the communication channels that existed between God and His Prophets of old. undecided

2. What year? undecided
ROFLMAO
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

To jog your memory, here are your posts below. Tell us how any of those translate to God no more sending prophets, and what year he stopped doing so

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ To jog your memory, here are your posts below. Tell us how any of those translate to God no more sending prophets, and what year he stopped doing so
My memory is clearly not the problem here, as it seems all too obvious that you are unwilling to accept that declared by God in any of this.

God said He would put a seal on prophecies and visions.
24 “God has allowed 70 weeks[e] for your people and your holy city, Daniel. The 70 weeks are ordered for these reasons: to stop doing bad things, to stop sinning, to make people pure, to bring the goodness that continues forever, to put a seal on visions and prophets, and to dedicate a very holy place. - Daniel 9 vs 24
And Jesus Christ, after that, announced that John was indeed the last prophet sent by God. So, why do you reject what is written? undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
My memory is clearly not the problem here, as it seems all too obvious that you are unwilling to accept that declared by God in any of this.

God said He would put a seal on prophecies and visions.
And Jesus Christ, after that, announced that John was indeed the last prophet sent by God. So, why do you reject what is written? undecided

People come and see kolo o grin
So from Daniel to JohnTB is 70 weeks??
And where did Lord Jesus say JohnTB was the last prophet??
And so all other things mentioned @bolded have been all been accomplished? This gotta be some sort of unnamed mental problem!

The 70 weeks are ordered for these reasons: to stop doing bad things, to stop sinning, to make people pure, to bring the goodness that continues forever, to put a seal on visions and prophets, and to dedicate a very holy place
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ People come and see kolo o grin So from Daniel to JohnTB is 70 weeks?? And where did Lord Jesus say JohnTB was the last prophet?? And so all other things mentioned @bolded have been all been accomplished? This gotta be some sort of unnamed mental problem!

The 70 weeks are ordered for these reasons: to stop doing bad things, to stop sinning, to make people pure, to bring the goodness that continues forever, to put a seal on visions and prophets, and to dedicate a very holy place
You don't believe God, do you? You don't believe that all that God said would take place during the 70 weeks of 7s in the Nation of Judah and His Jerusalam has in fact all occurred? Interesting! undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You don't believe God, do you? You don't believe that all that God said would take place during the 70 weeks of 7s in the Nation of Judah and His Jerusalam has in fact all occurred? Interesting! undecided

My friend are you kolo?
When have people ever stopped doing any of these things

stop doing bad things, to stop sinning, to make people pure, to bring the goodness that continues forever, to put a seal on visions and prophets, and to dedicate a very holy place
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ My friend are you kolo? When have people ever stopped doing any of these things
stop doing bad things, to stop sinning, to make people pure, to bring the goodness that continues forever, to put a seal on visions and prophets, and to dedicate a very holy place
Don't mistake your kolos for mine. undecided

As written, the prophecy applied only to the Nation of Judah and the city of Jerusalem where it all happened. Those are the people God spoke in reference to. Not all people on the planet.
20 I was praying to the Lord my God about his holy mountain and telling about my sins and the sins of the people of Israel.
21 That was the time of the evening sacrifices. While I was still praying, Gabriel, the one I saw in the first vision, flew quickly to me and touched me. He came at the time of the evening sacrifice.
22 Gabriel helped me understand the things I wanted to know. He said, “Daniel, I have come to give you wisdom and to help you understand.
23 When you first started praying, the command was given to come speak to you. God loves you very much! You will understand this command, and you will understand the vision.
24 “God has allowed 70 weeks for your people and your holy city, Daniel. The 70 weeks are ordered for these reasons: to stop doing bad things, to stop sinning, to make people pure, to bring the goodness that continues forever, to put a seal on visions and prophets, and to dedicate a very holy place. - Daniel 9 vs 20 - 24
After God had cursed and scattered the people of the Nation of Israel... Daniel 9 vs 7 -11, It was Judah's turn since Judah was not utterly destroyed by God at that time as made clear by Jeremiah in Jeremiah 5. undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Don't mistake your kolos for mine. undecided

As written, the prophecy applied only to the Nation of Judah and the city of Jerusalem where it all happened. Those are the people God spoke in reference to. Not all people on the planet.
After God had cursed and scattered the people of the Nation of Israel... Daniel 9 vs 7 -11, It was Judah's turn since Judah was not utterly destroyed by God at that time as made clear by Jeremiah in Jeremiah 5. undecided

So that's where the kolo comes in: that that part only applies to Judah but part about prophesies applies to all people; and anyway when did Judah ever "stop doing bad things, stop sinning, make people pure, bring the goodness that continues forever"? When was Judah or anywhere else ever like that??
And, again, where did Lord Jesus say JohnTB was the last prophet??

My friend stop grabbing at straws and spreading false doctrine.
If you weren't sure b4, now you are:
YOU ARE WRONG
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
So that's where the kolo comes in -
■ that part only applies to the Judah but part about prophesies applies to all people; and anyway when did Judah ever "stop doing bad things, stop sinning, make people pure, bring the goodness that continues forever"? When was Judah or anywhere else ever like that??
And, again, where did Lord Jesus say JohnTB was the last prophet?? My friend stop grabbing at straws and spreading false doctrine. If you weren't sure b4, now you are:YOU ARE WRONG
1. Again, your kolo is not my kolo! undecided

It seems all of this keeps going way over your head anyways, so I would recommend you go back and read through the Law of Moses — Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy — and then read through Jeremiah at least to learn of God's plan as far as carrying out His final judgment against the Nation of Israel and Judah. undecided

Back to the issue at hand, as God made clear to Daniel, a seal would be put on prophecies and visions(the Old Law system of prophets) before the curtain was drawn on the 70 weeks of 7s. The 70 weeks of 7s came to a conclusion about 1900 years ago in Jerusalem, the Nation of Judah. If you do know of this at this point — over 1900 years later— then I seriously suggest you get to read that book for your own self. If it is instead the case that you do not accept the writings in the book, then your case is beyond help. undecided
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:

It seems all of this keeps going way over your head anyways, so I would recommend you go back and read through the Law of Moses — Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy — and then read through Jeremiah at least to learn of God's plan as far as carrying out His final judgment against the Nation of Israel and Judah. undecided

Back to the issue at hand, as God made clear to Daniel, a seal would be put on prophecies and visions(the Old Law system of prophets) before the curtain was drawn on the 70 weeks of 7s. The 70 weeks of 7s came to a conclusion about 1900 years ago in Jerusalem, the Nation of Judah. If you do know of this at this point — over 1900 years later— then I seriously suggest you get to read that book for your own self. If it is instead the case that you do not accept the writings in the book, then your case is beyond help. undecided

You know, other people are also reading this. Have you no shame that you've been parroting end of prophets all this time and when finally challenged to show where it says so in the Bible, all you can come up with is this below, something that does not in any way say God would stop sending prophets!

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ You know, other people are also reading this. Have you no shame that you've been parroting end of prophets all this time and when finally challenged to show where it says so in the Bible, all you can come up with is this below, something that does not in any way say God would stop sending prophets!

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:

grin I knew it, guy is confused. Now reposting his previous convoluted posts, thinking he's fooling anyone.
Bros, why not just admit you've learnt something and walk away with at least a little bit of dignity??
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
grin I knew it, guy is confused. Now reposting his previous convoluted posts, thinking he's fooling anyone.
Bros, why not just admit you've learnt something and walk away with at least a little bit of dignity??
1. Again, your kolos is not my kolo! undecided

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You are not an idiot, so stop pretending to be one. Clearly, the author of Revelations was talking about adding to or subtracting from HIS book, not any other book, or any other thing. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with God sending or not sending prophets. Not only that, Revelations was not part of the Bible for centuries and was never fully accepted as part of the bible.

Who is the Author of the Bible from Genesis to Revelations? 2Timothy 3:16; 2Peter 1:21

You're just a mumu! cheesy
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Who is the Author of the Bible from Genesis to Revelations? 2Timothy 3:16; 2Peter 1:21

You're just a mumu! cheesy

Your mumu has no part two. Which of the bibles? There are books that are in some Bibles and not in others. The Bible books were selected by MEN who decided what not to include - Revelation was one of them! There are contradictions in the Bible. There is no contradiction in God!
Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by PoliteActivist: 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's not compulsory that you believe after all millions throughout the earth who are zealous preachers and industrious teachers of God's word believe it so you're entitled to your own PERSONAL opinion!

If prophecies haven't ended and special knowledge still exists you can continue arguing blindly over that but one thing is clear to everyone: When COVID-19 struck this planet none of your pastors came out to cure people! cheesy

The "unbelievable" refers to YOU not me.
See the quote below again:

PoliteActivist:

My people I don't know how a human being with a brain can be this obtuse!

My buddy, here's the complete quote below. A quote that's simply about the importance of Lovel!
Please tell us HOW they twisted it to you to mean that knowledge and prophecy have ended!!
Unbelievable!

Re: May 29 2023: Why Did ALL The Prophesies Fail? * by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Your mumu has no part two. Which of the bibles? There are books that are in some Bibles and not in others. The Bible books were selected by MEN who decided what not to include - Revelation was one of them! There are contradictions in the Bible. There is no contradiction in God!

No true believer will utter the highlighted!

Because without the Bible (God's word) there can't be worshipers of God unitedly rendering sacred service to God with oneness of thought! John 17:22

Ọmọ go and join agnostics nobody is forcing the Bible on you! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do U Really Know Who Jesus Is? / Is Psychic Power Evil? / How To Relate To Your Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.