Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Is Marriage Worth The Stress? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage Worth The Stress? (468 Views)

CR7, 4 Kids, No Wife Yet... How Useful Is Marriage? / Single Guys: Is Marriage The Key To Success? / The Stress Is Too Much (dating) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by router123(m): 6:20am On Aug 02, 2023
Fellow nairalanders. This issue I am bringing up has being giving me worries for a long time. But I met a facilitator in a seminar which am going through these week who nailed the whole thing. He said " ANY FAMILY MAN THAT SPENDS MORE THAN 10 TO 15 PERCENT OF HIS INCOME ON HIMSELF IS AN IRRESPONSIBLE MAN". Please is it true? If it is true, does it make sense that I as a single man enjoying at least 90% of my income will willing / joyfully go and sign up for a contract (marriage) where I will now can only benefit about 10% of my labour. The worse part of it for me is that at the end of the day it is most of the time not appreciated by your spouse and children. In fact the children most often see their father who works like hell to raise them as an irresponsible man cos he he is not always at home and not always indulging them and their mother as angel who love them and have given them the whole world. Let me ask you now, if you are to build a house for either your father of mother today, who will it be? Did you people see why men don't want to Mary any more while a lady thinks that if she accept your marriage proposal, then she is doing you are favour. Pls who is doing who favour. Remember that in a family, a man' s money belongs to the whole family while the woman's money is her personal property. In a nutshell please I need to know from mature audience. WHAT DOES IT PROFIT A MAN TO BE A RESPONSIBLE FAMILY MAN?!!!
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by GboyegaD(m): 6:27am On Aug 02, 2023
Do not listen to anyone as marriage doesn't mean losing your life. It is about both parties thinking and knowing it is worth sacrificing their independence/ self to be with the one they choose to love.

Hence, you can't be calculating what is spent on self or either party. Just learn to manage financial resources properly.
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:32am On Aug 02, 2023
At 31, I don't consider marriage as a necessity or an achievement, rather having kids wich is the ultimate fulfilment of destiny..

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by orisa37: 6:33am On Aug 02, 2023
YES. AND VERY MUCH SO.
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by koladata(m): 6:37am On Aug 02, 2023
wait till you are 40 , come back and ask this question
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by orisa37: 6:37am On Aug 02, 2023
MARRIAGE IS NOT EVERY MINUTE BLEEPING. THE SHARING IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH IS ALWAYS A BLESSING FROM ABOVE.
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by endsarrrs(f): 6:39am On Aug 02, 2023
Men dey really try...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by Ecos(m): 6:42am On Aug 02, 2023
endsarrrs:
Men dey really try...
Why did you say so? grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by yrhuhfy113: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2023
router123:
Fellow nairalanders. This issue I am bringing up has being giving me worries for a long time. But I met a facilitator in a seminar which am going through these week who nailed the whole thing.

He said " ANY FAMILY MAN THAT SPENDS MORE THAN 10 TO 15 PERCENT OF HIS INCOME ON HIMSELF IS AN IRRESPONSIBLE MAN".
Please is it true?
If it is true, does it make sense that I as a single man enjoying at least 90% of my income will willing / joyfully go and sign up for a contract (marriage) where I will now can only benefit about 10% of my labour.

The worse part of it for me is that at the end of the day it is most of the time not appreciated by your spouse and children. In fact the children most often see their father who works like hell to raise them as an irresponsible man cos he he is not always at home and not always indulging them and their mother as angel who love them and have given them the whole world. Let me ask you now, if you are to build a house for either your father of mother today, who will it be?

Did you people see why men don't want to Mary any more while a lady thinks that if she accept your marriage proposal, then she is doing you are favour. Pls who is doing who favour. Remember that in a family, a man' s money belongs to the whole family while the woman's money is her personal property. In a nutshell please I need to know from mature audience. WHAT DOES IT PROFIT A MAN TO BE A RESPONSIBLE FAMILY MAN?!!!

CALM DOWN SIR!!!

Marriage is a BEAUTIFUL THING if you are a WISE LEADING MAN and marry a VIRTUOUS WOMAN.

Now let us give you a free hint, THE FACILITATOR is a chronic liar and HE HIMSELF has more than 10-15% for himself.

See ehn, this world is SCAM, pls pardon my language.... but today let me CAST THEIR UPDATE.

MANY RELATIONSHIP TEACHING FACILITATOR, INFLUENCERS, PASTORSSSSSS are just scammers who know that their business will sell ONLY IF THEY DEFEND THE FEMALE GENDER.

In the bible, there is NO MARRIAGE MINISTRY, why?? because it is not in HEAVEN.... the KINGDOM OF GOD does not give two shittsss about MARRIAGE..

And the ONLY REASON marriage seminars and conferences are being patronized is because NO ONE WANTS TO GENUINELY LIVE A HOLY LIFE....

When a wife/husband is FIRST A genuine CHRISTIAN..... CHEATING CAN NEVER BE INVOLVED...... POVERTY CAN NEVER CAUSE ISSUES BECAUSE GOD'S BLESSINGS IS ASSURED.

Bro, don't be moved by the trend or popularity of lots of MARRIAGE QUOTES....... Seek first GOD'S KINGDOM and every single thing will be added.

so those ones who are coming out with FRESH LAWS FOR MARRIAGES, when GOD DIDNT GIVE ANY LAW FOR MARRIED PEOPLE.... are just doing damage control since they couldn't lead the singles in their meetings into HOLY LIVING.

The church has been getting WORLDLY FOR THE PAST 2 DECADES........ bringing in the WOKE CULTURE to the sanctuary of GOD'S HOLY PRESENCE.

According to the book of beginnings, GENESIS.... it is only a CERTAIN CLASS OF MEN who should NOT be alone.
1) a MAN WHO LIVES(not a visitor) in GOD'S TANGIBLE PRESENCE
2) A man who is on his GOD GIVEN ASSIGNMENT, meaning he is in GOD'S WILL FOR HIS LIFE
3) A MAN WHO HAS A JOB where he has good authority (which must NOT be less than a MANAGER)
4) A MAN WHO IS CAN HEAR GOD'S VOICE.

This was the state of ADAM in which GOD said, HE MUST NOT BE ALONE.... BECAUSE HE IS WORTHY TO BE GIVEN A GOOD THING(a wife is called a GOOD THING in the bible)

Any man LESS THAN THIS, should be alone.
For women.... the bible shows that a woman can be a WIFE without marriage, because WIFE is a character NOT a ringed title.
BREAKING THIS DIVINE ORDER is the reason for the PERVERTED CHAOS we are seeing in this generation, AND IT WILL GET WORSE as long as so called pastors do not tell their members the truth

In the bible, BEST FRIEND'S NEVER MARRIED... but let me not break that table yet. It's well sir

So I hope this little piece, gave you some peace and freedom to choose to marry sir. God bless
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by Whazar(m): 7:18am On Aug 02, 2023
I have stayed single all my life so I decided to give relationship a chance this year

8 months now this is my third relationship, all I can say is I don’t think I am built for this thing not to talk of marriage I swear cos girls will frustrate you ehn. One minute we are lovey dovey and the other they just want to bring up something to make us quarrel. I really fancy my own peace of mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by endsarrrs(f): 8:02am On Aug 02, 2023
Ecos:
Why did you say so? grin
Mostly men are liberal in marriage

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by Ecos(m): 8:03am On Aug 02, 2023
endsarrrs:

Mostly men are liberal in marriage
It's true sha but it's not helping issues
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by endsarrrs(f): 8:04am On Aug 02, 2023
Ecos:
It's true sha but it's not helping issues
Uhm...
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by Dimaya: 8:12am On Aug 02, 2023
grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth The Stress? by Ecos(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2023
endsarrrs:

Uhm...
Yeah. Marriage supposed to be sacred but we have turned it to another thing else

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be A Man? Proudly A Man. / Insecurity In Marriages / A Letter From An Aborted Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.