Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor (62531 Views)

Vwaere Daiso: Installer Of Faulty Elevator Handed Over To Police – LASG / Vwaere Diaso: Lagos NMA Declares Indefinite Strike In 3 Govt Hospitals / Dr Vwaere Diaso: Lagos Government Condoles Family, Sets Up Inquiry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by ComeToJesus: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2023
Nigeria: a wacky country that keeps eating her young ones
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Desusi: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2023
May l know why is it that when anything is faulty, we do not care about until it get totally destroyed and possibly kill people.? Who bewitched Nigeria? Is it a culture or way of life? Could it be curse PR some agent of darkness are manipulating people in authority? I have seen such things happened several time. Nigerian can you hear me out?
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by WhisperedNoise: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2023
9jaRealist:

Sentencing just “one evil person” would essentially be scapegoating…
These sorts of incidents result from chain-of-command failures, and everyone in that chain (however highly-placed) should be punished!
>
I agree. Everybody involved in this should pay cos it's so stupid and reckless for such a thing to happen.

I'm just so pained.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by BigBashiru: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2023
9gerian:
It’s more of “lackadaisical & corruption”, and then perhaps mental laziness because this was preventable judging from the report.

The root cause of lackadaisical is laziness...I know it's unpalatable to the ears....incidentally blacks are also the most ego driven and most undisciplined
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by MadamExcellency: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2023
mogbeyiteren:
Bad management. I think there should be regulations on the use of elevators and besides, the government should start writing an Environmental Management Plan before building any structure.

What has Environmental Management Plan got to do with PPM? This is a maintenance issue.

I remember being queried for damages the company's equipment sustained because of a lightning strike during a heavy downpour while I was on annual leave. It wasn't because I was hated or victimised but because I am responsible for Predictive, Preventive Maintenance. Someone should be held responsible.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by hammerT: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2023
descarado:
Throughout my stay in Nigeria I never entered one.
Claustrophobic and this kind of thing.
They left her there for ao long.
Rip darling.

AVIOD HIGH RISE BUILDING IN NIGERIA AND ALSO ELEVATORS

ANY BUILDING MORE THAN 1 STORY AND HALF.

OIL TANKERS ON THE ROAD AND LORRY.

THESE THINGS KILL THEM EVERYDAY BUT NOT ALL MAKE IT TO NEWS.

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by NOwazobia: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2023
Beautiful doctor...

Is the adjective even necessary... undecided

RIP, Nigeria failed her cry

2 Likes

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by 9jaRealist: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2023
hammerT:
Dr Diasco Vwaere

WHAT TRIBE ANSWER THIS NAME?

I HOPE SHE IS NOT ONE OF THOSE AFRICAN AMERICANS MOVING BACK TO AFRICA.

SHE TOOK AN ELEVATOR TO HEAVEN. RIP

What difference does it (or her “tribe”) make?
The untimely death of EVERY human being is a TRAGEDY.

May she rest in peace.
>

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by hammerT: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2023
BigBashiru:

The root cause of lackadaisical is laziness...I know it's unpalatable to the ears....incidentally blacks are also the most ego driven and most undisciplined

YOU FORGET STEALING AND THIEF.

MONEY FOR MAINTENANCE IS IN OGA BANK ACCOUNT.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:57am On Aug 02, 2023
9gerian:
It’s more of “lackadaisical & corruption”, and then perhaps mental laziness because this was preventable judging from the report.

What else are we expecting when we hire people exclusively based on he is my brother, she is my sister, my tribe, my religion

Instead of merit, passion, professionalism and competence. They will keep getting disasters.

Rip to the Doctor
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by BigBashiru: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2023
Desusi:
May l know why is it that when anything is faulty, we do not care about until it get totally destroyed and possibly kill people.? Who bewitched Nigeria? Is it a culture or way of life? Could it be curse PR some agent of darkness are manipulating people in authority? I have seen such things happened several time. Nigerian can you hear me out?

Laziness is the cause....those that didn't fix the elevator will say things like "nothing can happen to you without God's consent" that's also laziness....present day blacks in general are disinclined to work...
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by hammerT: 8:59am On Aug 02, 2023
9jaRealist:

What difference does it (or her “tribe”) make?
The untimely death of EVERY human being is a TRAGEDY.

May she rest in peace.
>

IT WILL BE UNFORTUNATE FOR HER TO COME AND DIE IN LAGOS.

SHE COULD HAVE BEEN CRUISINGA ND ENJOYING LIFE IN AMERICA.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by 9jaRealist: 8:59am On Aug 02, 2023
mogbeyiteren:
Bad management. I think there should regulations on the use of elevator and beside, government should start writing Environmental Management Plan before building any structure.

There are ample regulations…
But just as with most things in Nigeria, often ignored.
>
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by bonnyhope: 8:59am On Aug 02, 2023
MrsTwrite:
This is painful! After all the years of study, it just ended this way.

May her soul find rest cry

Such is life

After all the struggles, the end is death

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by clinician2x: 9:00am On Aug 02, 2023
When others de japa she say she love her country. U think politicians no know how they no fit go to una hospitals, na becos of stories like this.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by hammerT: 9:01am On Aug 02, 2023
clinician2x:
When others de japa she say she love her country. U think politicians no know how they no fit go to una hospitals, na becos of stories like this.

JAPA IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, JUST AS TINUBU FALL IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

LET US ACHIEVE BOTH.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by 9jaRealist: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2023
hammerT:
IT WILL BE UNFORTUNATE FOR HER TO COME AND DIE IN LAGOS.

SHE COULD HAVE BEEN CRUISINGA ND ENJOYING LIFE IN AMERICA.

It’s unfortunate for anyone to meet an untimely death ANYWHERE…
She could’ve been the victim of a MASS SHOOTING in America - and it would be just as tragic!

>
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:03am On Aug 02, 2023
Desusi:
grin grin grin

Did they just born you today? Most of the staff were probably employed via man know man instead of on merit.

If you caution the staff, he or she will report you to his godfather or godmother politicians
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by hammerT: 9:03am On Aug 02, 2023
9jaRealist:

It’s unfortunate for anyone to meet an untimely death ANYWHERE…
She could’ve been the victim of a MASS SHOOTING in America - and it would be just as tragic!

>

NO, LET THOSE THAT IT IS THEIR TRIBAL ENCLAVE, OCCUPYING POLITICAL OFFICE AND STEALING DIE, LEAVE THE FOREIGNERS TO LIVE.

WHEN IT COMES TO DIE, IT IS NO LONGER A TRIBAL ENCLAVE ABI?

U ARE SUPPORTING TINUBU CORRUPTION BECAUSE OF TRIBALISM AND EXPECT OTHERS TO DIE IN YOUR PLACE WHEN THE CONSEQUENCES HAPPEN?
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by visaclick: 9:03am On Aug 02, 2023
The maximum height i go in a Nigeria elevator is 3floors infact my recent location in VI i requested my client to come down to me or am out grin. I have a family that depends on me.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by hammerT: 9:05am On Aug 02, 2023
visaclick:
The maximum height i go in a Nigeria elevator is 3floors infact my recent location in VI i requested my client to come down to me or am out grin. I have a family that depends on me.

GUY JUST WALK UP THE STAIRS.

NOW, THAT I KNOW, I NO GO MAKE THE MISTAKE TO ENTER ELEVATOR.

THIS IS WHY I READ ALOT, TO LEARN.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by descarado: 9:05am On Aug 02, 2023
hammerT:

YOU FORGET STEALING AND THIEF.

MONEY FOR MAINTENANCE IS IN OGA BANK ACCOUNT.
That he will use to buy houses for side chicks afterall men
are polygamous by nature.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by JaskanFactor: 9:06am On Aug 02, 2023
The Europeans that run Nigeria ensure the country lacks proper infrastructure to develop , so that in Nigeria when technological disasters happen it gets very tragic very fast.

That is why the airports in Nigeria are run by European companies, cause they too the Europeans use those airports, but soon as you leave airport you are in the colonial zooo that nigeria.

In a country where the European owners work hard to ensure things are not safe, i would not go above third floor in any building. Will not travel at night due to bad roads and poor night lighting not to mention security.

They say the general hospital has minimum of 10 floors since she fell from 10th, i can assure you Nigerian fire brigade is not even nearly equipped to handle fire in 10 storey building.

Its one thing for nation to lack proper infrastructure due to corruption, its another thing entirely if the lack of infrastructure is being done deliberately.

How can you trust elevator in a nation where there are petrol tankers blowing up and killing people every week, you must be dreaming. In a nation where containers from trucks are crushing people in traffic without it causing national out cry.
A nation where buildings are collapsing every month, and you go take 10 story lift.

We dont have a country, we have a bosom trap , a contraption rigged by Europeans that run Nigeria to cause fatal injury.

Booby trap definition according to google

booby trap
noun
an apparently harmless object containing a concealed explosive device designed to detonate when someone touches it.

That is the Nigeria the Europeans created, complete with 3 warring tribes they encourage to be at logger heads.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by MrsTwrite(f): 9:06am On Aug 02, 2023
bonnyhope:

Such is life

After all the struggles, the end is death

cry cry
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by 9jaRealist: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2023
clinician2x:

We have some of the WORST politicians in the world…
But this tragedy could’ve been avoided by ordinary citizens doing their jobs.
>

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by joyandfaith: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2023
Princedapace:
Nigerians should stop taking rubbish.

Sue the company. Dam all the consequences. Blacks are always backward becus we always scared of losing what we love.
If they threaten u with license matter, dam it and sue them.
Make it go viral. Demand for justice. Nigerians tolerate too much nonsense.
Exactly.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Bluntemperor: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

It's the governors fault to ensure that perpetrators of evil are brought to book and not hidden. Sanwo should set an example and sentence one evil person rather than looking for the next cookathon to eat like a glutton.

The troubles with Nigeria government as a whole ( Local, States and Federal) is lack of Maintanance of our Assets, impunity to rules and Corruption and Indiscipline everywhere!
Most of the Budgets for these items are swallowed up by the very Officials - who foolishly believe that nothing can happen.
For instance why should most MIDAS be putting Furniture every year in their budgets?
Why should FERMA increased their Roads Budgets,when they know,they did not even do one quarter of last year Budgets but their Officials Always Stealing Big and claimed the Money,while Nigerians lives are exposed to perrenial Roads Accident? Then Scap it away!
R.I.P daughter!
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by visaclick: 9:09am On Aug 02, 2023
hammerT:

GUY JUST WALK UP THE STAIRS.

NOW, THAT I KNOW, I NO GO MAKE THE MISTAKE TO ENTER ELEVATOR.

THIS IS WHY I READ ALOT, TO LEARN.
walk up the stairs to a 13 storey? Unless it’s worth it I won’t. In this lagos before you leave in anything above 3floors request the owner to show you the letter of stability from the engineer to be sure it was done by a certified professional or you are living in a death trap.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by QueenDima47(f): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2023
This is too painful so sad.
They level of negligence in this country from every corner is hell too horrible. God come to our rescue 🙏

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by hammerT: 9:10am On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Princedapace(m): 9:13am On Aug 02, 2023
Geovanni412:

Sue which company?

Do you have 5-7 years to waste pursuing the case?

What about appeal when you eventually win the case?

Let's even say it is govt at fault

How do you think you'll enforce the judgement?

The govt that is harassing Emefiele, former CBN governor and flaunting court order is the same govt that will pay you compensation...abi?

90% of the time, there is no justice in Nigeria.

Na just God's grace dey save us.

U fight. The white man lands we rush to, the people fought with their blood to fix their country.
We are alwwys scared of death, scared of losing our money, our goals, our license, etc. This is why blacks remain slaves till date.
It is why u would see a white man doing some risky stuff and blacks would be like "white people no like their lives o"
It is that their care free nature to lose it all that made them defeat their past brutal govt, innovated technologies that power the world today.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by 9jaRealist: 9:13am On Aug 02, 2023
JaskanFactor:
The Europeans that run Nigeria ensure the country lacks proper infrastructure to develop , so that in Nigeria when technological disasters happen it gets very tragic very fast.

That is why the airports in Nigeria are run by European companies, cause they too the Europeans use those airports, but soon as you leave airport you are in the colonial zooo that nigeria.

In a country where the European owners work hard to ensure things are not safe, i would not go above third floor in any building. Will not travel at night due to bad roads and poor night lighting not to mention security.

They say the general hospital has minimum of 10 floors since she fell from 10th, i can assure you Nigerian fire brigade is not even nearly equipped to handle fire in 10 storey building.

Its one thing for nation to lack proper infrastructure due to corruption, its another thing entirely if the lack of infrastructure is being done deliberately.

How can you trust elevator in a nation where there are petrol tankers blowing up and killing people every week, you must be dreaming. In a nation where containers from trucks are crushing people in traffic without it causing national out cry.
A nation where buildings are collapsing every month, and you go take 10 story lift.

We dont have a country, we have a bosom trap , a contraption rigged by Europeans that run Nigeria to cause fatal injury.

Booby trap definition according to google

booby trap
noun
an apparently harmless object containing a concealed explosive device designed to detonate when someone touches it.

That is the Nigeria the Europeans created, complete with 3 warring tribes they encourage to be at logger heads.

Abegi, which airports in Nigeria are run by “Europeans”?!

Over 60 years after independence….
Some of you are still blaming “Europeans” for your ineptitude!

While true that “Europeans” are primarily interested in their own interest in Nigeria/Africa…
If Nigerians/Africans are incapable of promoting/protecting their own interests, then “Europeans” are the LEAST if our problems!
>

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / What Paresthesia (paja Paja) Is All About And Why You Experience It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.