Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. (6414 Views)

Decent Villages In Southeast Nigeria / Femi Adesina: Southeast Nigeria Residents Are Tired Of Being IPOB's Slaves / Marwa Alleges Plan To Manipulate Election Results In Southeast, South South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by orohbirodeysmel: 11:52am On Aug 02, 2023
donttouchme:
DENNIS MEMORIAL GRAMMAR SCHOOL(DMGS) ONITSHA WAS CREATED IN 1925. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

Methodist College Uzoakoli was founded in 1923, Hope you are aware🤣

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2023
nonhuman:
yet no Yoruba see the back of any Igbo man in education, even a mad man in his mind will think he is making sense not knowing that he is mad

Do we start with Wole Soyinka and Cursed Chinua cheesy cheesy cheesy
At least, Nobel Prize is the highest international recognition for Academician

Abeg, if we go with stats and facts, I'll sink u

U think I'm one of your fellow Igbos that rely on beer palor gists??

Nah, we deal with raw facts here

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by murphyrichy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Government college, Umuahia was founded in 1929. It's the oldest secondary school in southeast Nigeria
it's not the oldest school in South East. Dmgs Onitsha was founded in JAN 1925.
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Ikpunnegi01: 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
I expect agbado sadistic îmbeciles to come crying on this thread in a few minutes
You mean 👇

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Ikpunnegi01: 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
Good one! A place of learning got to be Conducive ...

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Idiotseverywher: 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

I'm happy tho, that most of your brightest brains since 1960 actually had their tertiary education in the SW, From Chinua to the most recent SE govs

Also, How hard is it to celebrate igbo greatness exclusively without having to mention Yorubas....

Who's Obsessed with who cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
. Go and check, Achebe was an old boy of this school including Saro Wiwa and Nana Akufo etc, go and check

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
Freebills12:
Op you just lied with this your post. The white first arrived at Onitsha before travelling to Owerri then Umuahia. They establish schools as they travel, how do you then say that the first secondary school in Igboland is FGC Umuahia? Here is the list of secondary school established by the white man.

Top 10 Oldest Secondary Schools In South East (Igboland)
St. Paul’s College, Iyenu, Awka (1900)
Methodist College, Uzuakoli, Abia (1923)- Methodist
Ibo Boys’ High School, Uzuakoli, Abia (1923) – CMS
Dennis Memorial Grammar School, Onitsha, Anambra (1925)
Government College, Umuahia, Abia (1927)
St. Charles College, Onitsha (1929)
Aggrey Memorial College, Arochukwu (1931)
Holy Rosary College, Enugu (1935) – Catholic
Government Secondary School, Owerri (1935)
Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha (1942)

https://servantboy.com/oldest-secondary-schools-nigeria/

You left out CKC Onitsha: est’ 1933 and primus inter paris!
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
Racoon:
One of the greatest legacy of the colonial masters bequeathed to the SE. This school have produced most of the greatest brains Nigeria have ever had.

The missionaries to be exact….and they established a few colleges in the north as well. I stand to be corrected but i think Barewa college was also established by them.
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by a4cube: 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
Freebills12:
Op you just lied with this your post. The white first arrived at Onitsha before travelling to Owerri then Umuahia. They establish schools as they travel, how do you then say that the first secondary school in Igboland is FGC Umuahia? Here is the list of secondary school established by the white man.

Top 10 Oldest Secondary Schools In South East (Igboland)
St. Paul’s College, Iyenu, Awka (1900)
Methodist College, Uzuakoli, Abia (1923)- Methodist
Ibo Boys’ High School, Uzuakoli, Abia (1923) – CMS
Dennis Memorial Grammar School, Onitsha, Anambra (1925)
Government College, Umuahia, Abia (1927)
St. Charles College, Onitsha (1929)
Aggrey Memorial College, Arochukwu (1931)
Holy Rosary College, Enugu (1935) – Catholic
Government Secondary School, Owerri (1935)
Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha (1942)

https://servantboy.com/oldest-secondary-schools-nigeria/
Where is CKC and Bishop Shanahan?
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by a4cube: 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2023
Idiotseverywher:
. Go and check, Achebe was an old boy of this school including Saro Wiwa and Nana Akufo etc, go and check
Nnamdi Kanu too.
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Idiotseverywher: 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
a4cube:
Nnamdi Kanu too.
. Is that? Chai that school has really trained a lot of great personalities
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2023
MEEVEET:
1929 igbos really started education late sha

But by 1950s we were already almost at the same educational standards as out Yoruba brothers that started in 1850s

By 1966 to 75 we lost about 10 years again... By 1990 we overtook the yorubas but since 2000 the gap between us have become more and more visible

There is a reason u don't see number of graduates per state yearly....the gap South East states gave the rest of Nigerian states is embarrassing honestly

All these your nzobu nzobu whatzap groups not helping matter.
With all these your claim, you people flock into southwest states like refugees every day.

The best schools in Nigeria are still in southwest.

The same southwest still rule you in all ramifications.

The same southwest produces the highest number of professors

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by mbaboy(m): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Government college, Umuahia was founded in 1929. It's the oldest secondary school in southeast Nigeria
it is not older than Methodist College Uzuakoli. I am proud product of Government College Umuahia and i stayed in Nile House.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by MEEVEET: 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

With all these your claim, you people flock into southwest states like refugees every day.

Igbos are everywhere in fact South West has the lowest number of igbos in Nigeria... Outside Lagos u barely have igbos in South West

Igbos are in brono, kano kastina, jigawa helping their economy and building them up

I dare say 30% minimum of health workers in the core North are igbos, 20% of teachers in the core North are igbos

SW is not special

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Antivirus92(m): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

the south west does not have the highest number of professors in Nigeria.

The best schools are not in the south west..

Stop living in denial

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by MXrep: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
MEEVEET:

But by 1950s we were already almost at the same educational standards as out Yoruba brothers that started in 1850s

By 1966 to 75 we lost about 10 years again... By 1990 we overtook the yorubas but since 2000 the gap between us have become more and more visible

There is a reason u don't see number of graduates per state yearly....the gap South East states gave the rest of Nigerian states is embarrassing honestly
We refused to allow colonial penetration so that we can groom native intelligence. Japan did exactly same thing

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Omoawoke2(m): 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2023
Antivirus92:
the south west does not have the highest number of professors in Nigeria.

The best schools are not in the south west..

Stop living in denial

Name the top schools you know in Nigeria
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Omoawoke2(m): 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2023
MEEVEET:

Igbos are everywhere in fact South West has the lowest number of igbos in Nigeria... Outside Lagos u barely have igbos in South West

Igbos are in brono, kano kastina, jigawa helping their economy and building them up

I dare say 30% minimum of health workers in the core North are igbos, 20% of teachers in the core North are igbos

SW is not special

Heheh, like you never know the numbers of igbos whey dey Ibadan alone hahahah
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by MEEVEET: 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Heheh, like you never know the numbers of igbos whey dey Ibadan alone hahahah
If you travel u would know there are relatively no igbos in Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Omoawoke2(m): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
MEEVEET:

If you travel u would know there are relatively no igbos in Ibadan

Hahahah

Now I agree you are mad

I lived in Ibadan for almost a year and many of my friends were igbos. You just made me remember those wonderful friends I made over there. Many of them were even born in Ibadan and never left ibadan before. They sabi speak yoruba pass us sef.
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by tishbite42: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

You left out CKC Onitsha: est’ 1933 and primus inter paris!
Taaaa
Na SPC Asaba be 'Primus Inter Pares'
Veritas in Caritate
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by tishbite42: 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2023
MEEVEET:

No race in this world at any point in time did what the Igbos achieved. Within 30 years we had the highest number of professionals in Black Africa.
That's why they're mad at us

4 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by ariesbull: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

I'm happy tho, that most of your brightest brains since 1960 actually had their tertiary education in the SW, From Chinua to the most recent SE govs

Also, How hard is it to celebrate igbo greatness exclusively without having to mention Yorubas....

Who's Obsessed with who cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
lies

Achebe went to this school

SW education is trashy

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by ariesbull: 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2023
tishbite42:

Taaaa
Na SPC Asaba be 'Primus Inter Pares'
Veritas in Caritate
Asaba isn't in SE
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by MEEVEET: 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Hahahah

Now I agree you are mad

I lived in Ibadan for almost a year and many of my friends were igbos. You just made me remember those wonderful friends I made over there. Many of them were even born in Ibadan and never left ibadan before. They sabi speak yoruba pass us sef.
I said relatively I mention 20 states that has more igbos than oyo state... South West is the most hostile to igbos and that's on facts

Bernue has large large igbos population in markudi, Niger? Nassarawa, pleatue? Taraba? Brono? Kano, Kaduna, sokoto? Jigawa? , Abuja? Bros rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Omoawoke2(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2023
MEEVEET:

I said relatively I mention 20 states that has more igbos than oyo state... South West is the most hostile to igbos and that's on facts

Bernue has large large igbos population in markudi, Niger? Nassarawa, pleatue? Taraba? Brono? Kano, Kaduna, sokoto? Jigawa? , Abuja? Bros rest

I hope your fellow igbos see this and call you a compound fool

Maybe they didn’t teach you history.

Pls don’t go there, this is the most nasty statement ever said that even your Igbo brothers will shed tears.

How many times have you heard of igbos being killed in southwest? Na why you grow wings calling our land no man’s land.

Do you know the mad genocide that happen against the igbos in the north.

Even in Abuja, during the endsars, do you know how they attacked Igbo investments and burnt them down to ashes.
Even after endsars, they attacked igbos right in kubwa and burnt down goods worth multimillions of naira
Just last year, they attacked igbos in deidei and burnt down their shops and properties. But your problem is Yoruba people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by MEEVEET: 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Pls don’t go there, this is the most nasty statement ever said that even your Igbo brothers will shed tears.

How many times have you heard of igbos being killed in southwest? Na why you grow wings calling our land no man’s land.

Even in Abuja, during the endsars, do you know how they attacked Igbo investments and burnt them down to ashes.
Even after endsars, they attacked igbos right in kubwa and burnt down goods worth multimillions of naira

No body has attacked igbos investment more than yorubas... Thats why south West hasn't produced and igbos billionaire in the top 100 richest igbos man that started with Lagos

All rich igbos in South West none started in Lagos.. I dare you to name one

North has produced... Many igbos billionaires... South West zero

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by KwuoteYourFada: 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Just last year, they attacked igbos in deidei and burnt down their shops and properties. But your problem is Yoruba people

The reverse search of the picture you sent is showing another thing grin

Lamba lord grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by paramakina202: 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
MEEVEET:

Yeah as Igbos are on the rise again they have to introduce Biafra agitation to take us back to 1970 once again.Say no to Simon Ekpa and his master.
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Omoawoke2(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

The reverse search of the picture you sent is showing another thing grin

Lamba lord grin

Bros, can you search for Abuja deidei Hausa Igbo fight?

Or do you know how many igbos were killed in north. The genocide in north is fake too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUFvq28htCk

This is what you called fake
Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by Omoawoke2(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2023
MEEVEET:

No body has attacked igbos investment more than yorubas... Thats why south West hasn't produced and igbos billionaire in the top 100 richest igbos man that started with Lagos

All rich igbos in South West none started in Lagos.. I dare you to name one

North has produced... Many igbos billionaires... South West zero

Hahaha, now I believe you are being sarcastic.
The worst happened to igbos in the north. Are you pretending to be dumb or you are really dumb. A simple google search and even asking your dumbest brother on the street will tell you how igbos have really suffered in the hand of north

And last I checked, The richest African woman , Folorunsho Alakija alone is richer than all the audio Anambra billionaires combined
The richest men in Nigeria, we never see Igbo for Forbes list. Only Yoruba and Hausa

The poorest states are still southeast states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of The Oldest Secondary School In Southeast Nigeria. by KwuoteYourFada: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Bros, can you search for Abuja deidei Hausa Igbo fight?

Or do you know how many igbos were killed in north. The genocide in north is fake too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUFvq28htCk

This is what you called fake

So you went online to search about Hausa igbo clash? grin grin

Meanwhile Hausa don kill Una tire even for Lagos self and ibadan grin

Fulani their brothers have bannned you people from doing your juju celebration in kwara cheesy

This pictures shows the stupidity of an average agbadorian

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NBC Okays 159 Radio, TV Stations / APC Beaten Across Lagos State / Who Is Sam Larry And What Is His Relationship With Governor Sanwo-Olu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.