Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) (48609 Views)

'Tell Us What Happened In Abuja' - Protesters Besiege Rivers Govt House / President Buhari Declares Open National Shareholders Summit On 2023 (Pictures) / EndSARS: Protesters Force Odumosu, Lagos Police Commissioner To Trek 10km (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Ifogift007: 3:08am On Aug 03, 2023
madridguy:
We know those who truly love this country won't join the protest . They still want Nigerians to continue paying subsidy so that they will have money to share. Subsidy is gone and it's gone for good.

Copied.
Foolish man... have you eaten today... send ur account details.. let's confirm ur name... hopeless human being
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by simfrost90210: 6:16am On Aug 03, 2023
BOSSkesh:

Useless osu pig
May the heaven judge you for trying to destroy this government

An already destroyed government cannot be further destroyed. Rigging is self destruction!

Tinubu has tyrannically destroyed Nigeria!
What's left? I trust you are human to know!
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by simfrost90210: 6:19am On Aug 03, 2023
Dafresh:

Tinubu is the one that destroyed his government abi na Igbo man tell amm to remove subsidy 100% heaven will punish you for helping Tinubu destroy Nigeria

That's why i asked him if an already destroyed government can be destroyed by the people!!!

Otikpọju jare ... O kpo!
Tinubu should just go and rest in peace pls!
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Dafresh: 7:07am On Aug 03, 2023
simfrost90210:

That's why i asked him if an already destroyed government can be destroyed by the people!!!

Otikpọju jare ... O kpo!
Tinubu should just go and rest in peace pls!
His advisers are doing evil things to him Tinubu should retrace his steps

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by ivandragon: 7:55am On Aug 03, 2023
nairalanda1:

It's all very well, but here is the problem

1.We are spending 99% of our revenue on debt servicing

2.Cost of production is rising. At the rate we were going, we were going to end up with a deficit dwarfing the budget in the next few years

And when that happens, the poor would suffer even more than others.

And it scares me.

And no, I am not a Tinubu supporter, or a APC supporter. I am annoyed we did not remove subsidy in 2012, when I woke the ell up, or in 1993 when we should have done so.

Even if we carry out your solution, the fact is...we don't have enough money to do most of the things, like fix refineries (which by the way are being fixed anyways). Or even install tech for smuggling detection.

(And by the way, no country with subsidy has stopped smuggling. Venezuela is leaking money every year due to smuggling, and Libya is now using airstrikes to stop smugglers. Even Saudi routinely jails people for abusing the subsidy to sell diesel in Yemen, and Iran has a massive problem with smuggling to Pakistan)>

God knows I wish we could find a way out of this...but right now, it is subsidy goes, or we wake up one morning, and there is no money to loot and even pay for ordinary things.

Guess who would suffer more...the poor.

So for me, it is either we choose the suffering of a thousand cries, or defer...and end up with the one of a million cries.

You just ended up providing excuses why the government should abdicate its responsibilities.

One of the core governance problems in Nigeria is accountability.

Government has no money to fix refineries yet over $15b was spent on 'fixing' refineries.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/06/09/sule-buhari-spent-over-19bn-on-fixing-refineries-in-eight-years-without-results

Why is no one being called to account for such huge expense that led to no positive results?

Anyway, no need to get into much discussion with you.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by nairalanda1(m): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2023
ivandragon:

You just ended up providing excuses why the government should abdicate its responsibilities.

One of the core governance problems in Nigeria is accountability.

Government has no money to fix refineries yet over $15b was spent on 'fixing' refineries.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/06/09/sule-buhari-spent-over-19bn-on-fixing-refineries-in-eight-years-without-results

Why is no one being called to account for such huge expense that led to no positive results?

Anyway, no need to get into much discussion with you.

1.You guys always end up missing my point, and go straight to 'He is a government supporter' .

2.Also, WHERE DID I SAY THAT IT WAS OK FOR GOVERNMENT TO STEAL, LOOT AND LOOT? Where did I say that missing 15 billion was ok?

3.Oga, I don tire.

4.The looting anyway is a symptom of subsidy, and is one of the reasons why I wanted it gone. Once there is free money, there would be looting.

5.Thanks for the abuse and the insult. You guys don't want to have a discussion, you just want to mock and mock

Read my post again...oga. Read my post. I justify no evil government, nor do I think it is OK for them to steal.

The whole subsidy thing was a racket. And yes it should be investigated, AND YES PEOPLE SHOULD BE PUNISHED.

And if you want the subsidy back, GO AND CALL YOUR SENATOR AND AGITATE FOR THE THING.

Seriously, I tire for you guys. Someone disagrees with you, they are tinubu supporters. SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING WHEN TINUBU WAS NOT SUPPORTING IT SINCE 2012 self!

I'm getting tired of this. If you no want to understand, forget about it.

angry

Haba!
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZLBeV53c6I
SOURCE

It’s the PEOPLE’S HOUSE after all..
>
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by ivandragon: 8:15am On Aug 03, 2023
nairalanda1:

1.You guys always end up missing my point, and go straight to 'He is a government supporter' .

2.Also, WHERE DID I SAY THAT IT WAS OK FOR GOVERNMENT TO STEAL, LOOT AND LOOT? Where did I say that missing 15 billion was ok?

3.Oga, I don tire.

4.The looting anyway is a symptom of subsidy, and is one of the reasons why I wanted it gone. Once there is free money, there would be looting.

5.Thanks for the abuse and the insult. You guys don't want to have a discussion, you just want to mock and mock

Read my post again...oga. Read my post. I justify no evil government, nor do I think it is OK for them to steal.

Haba!

I am guessing you meant to quote someone else.

I never insulted you & neither did I make reference to your political affiliation or call you a government supporter.

You are fully entitled to your opinion which is not necessarily wrong.

I reacted to your claim that there was no money to fix refineries by providing evidence that there is money to fix refineries if the government does the needful by going after those who have stolen so much from Nigerians.

With subsidy gone, what stops another cabal from forming? Is the allocation of PMS importation transparent?

If government is not held accountable, they will continue to take advantage of the masses.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by nairalanda1(m): 10:16am On Aug 03, 2023
ivandragon:

I am guessing you meant to quote someone else.

I never insulted you & neither did I make reference to your political affiliation or call you a government supporter.

You are fully entitled to your opinion which is not necessarily wrong.

I reacted to your claim that there was no money to fix refineries by providing evidence that there is money to fix refineries if the government does the needful by going after those who have stolen so much from Nigerians.

With subsidy gone, what stops another cabal from forming? Is the allocation of PMS importation transparent?

If government is not held accountable, they will continue to take advantage of the masses.

At the end, anyways, wishes cannot be horses.

Apologies for my anger.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Exceed15: 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
I have always predicted this. Check it out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Senior And Junior Screen Audu Ogbeh / Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / Buhari Delivers His Polling Unit At Daura, Katsina For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.