Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) (48594 Views)

'Tell Us What Happened In Abuja' - Protesters Besiege Rivers Govt House / President Buhari Declares Open National Shareholders Summit On 2023 (Pictures) / EndSARS: Protesters Force Odumosu, Lagos Police Commissioner To Trek 10km (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Dafresh: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
7demons:

Can't you see the guy the guy is very very miserable in life cry
Even his FreeStuffsNG site, nobody is paying attention and hardly gets any visit. That is to tell you the level of depression and poverty that has engulfed him. Don't be surprised if I tell you he doesn't have a meaningful job alert from that nonsense he's promoting and nairaland. That how useless and myopic those people can be.
Sir you have said the truth
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Felaincarnated: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
Highest form of Hypocrisy
Tired of standing on Agbado's mandate?
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Chucks13: 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2023
Normal thing in as far obi goats didn't hijack the protest no wahala but if they do we would have no option than to use force.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by gabbytabby: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
Peaceful protest turn to break down gate turn to threat to life and property.

Me I no dey oh.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by optionalY09: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
Na mere show of nonsense, so after opening the doors of national assembly, did they take over power or engage in any meaningful dialogue.

It’s all bullshitting
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by BobbieZion(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
madridguy:
We know those who truly love this country won't join the protest . They still want Nigerians to continue paying subsidy so that they will have money to share. Subsidy is gone and it's gone for good.

Copied.

So why did Tinubu protest on the streets when GEJ removed subsidy?
Why!!!!!!!!
If you can't answer this question then you are a bloody hypocrite.
Because of subsidy had been removed then, then there will be no protests now.
I am waiting for your answer.

We na go dey talk like say we na no get sense.
Old Men wey no get shame.
It is right when it suits you ,but it is wrong when others do the same thing.
Abi you want make I send you the pics back in 2012......

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by BobbieZion(m): 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
madridguy:
We know those who truly love this country won't join the protest . They still want Nigerians to continue paying subsidy so that they will have money to share. Subsidy is gone and it's gone for good.

Copied.

Madridguy give me an answer.
Let me engage your unintellectual skull.....

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Odani: 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
madridguy:

Copied.

Is this protest only abt fuel subsidy? What abt d educational subsidy dat d govt removed alongside. You haven't given parents tome to breath and u suddenly add more to their pains?
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Crownhome(m): 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2023
The blood of JESUS
DevilishMan:
$10 billion will be assigned to "repair damages caused by protesters" next week.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by highchief1: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZLBeV53c6I

SOURCE
im a great fan of tinubu but I think he’s been foolish now.U cannot choke Nigerians this much.They would have done partial removal of subsidy.fuel was 192.what’s stops him from selling it at maybe 350,or 400 subsidize the rest for us then tell Nigerians by next year it will be totally removed.then before next year that you remove it you have fixed a few refineries,increased salary and stabilize power a bit.These policies are unreasonably harsh I don’t buy the idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Fullfledged(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2023
ivandragon:

As much as a protest/strike is undesirable at this time, the FG has also failed in its duties & responsibilities.

The manner of the subsidy removal is fraudulent, thoughtless & a sign of government's failure to be responsible to its duties.

Two key reasons for removing fuel subsidy are smuggling & the corruption by a few.

Now, what the government should have done first, in my opinion, are:

1. Do more to secure the borders. Invest in technology tracking & surveillance systems. Sanction security officials through whose sectors fuel is smuggled out.

2. Go after the cabal in the fuel subsidy sector. The private & public characters involved must made to answer for thier alleged crimes & the proceeds confisticated. They cannot be allowed to go scot-free with thier loot & Nigerians made to suffer.

Thier cases should be fast tracked.

3. Increase the price of fuel to 250-300 band. This will take a bit of pressure off government in the interim pending when it can fully sanitise the fuel subsidy regime. This price will still be affordable for majority of Nigerians without the need of providing palliative.

4. Review downwards associated costs/charges/taxes that add to the price of fuel in Nigeria.

5. Immediately undertake a priority revamp of the refineries to get local production up to at least 70% in the first instance.

6. Institute a clear policy to encourage modular refineries & monitor thier development.

7. The confiscated properties of fuel subsidy bandits should be invested in maintaining the refineries, supporting modular refineries, investing in tracking technology for smuggled fuel & paying for subsidies (if any).

That subsidy should go is not the issue, but the process of its removal must be transparent, fair & well-thought-out.

Better oil dey your head.
We want subsidy to go but you don't yank it off at once considering where we are coming from! The people are already suffering and many businesses closed down no thanks to Buhari's clueless 8 years of misrule and Tinubu wants to really add to the suffering.
For me, I just think Tinubu is very heartless and the last person we need on that seat now is a heartless person. I hope God hears our cries.
Imagine after the first fuel pump price increase of above N500, they increased it so callously again to N617 within a very short space of time. Now basic necessities are gradually getting out of reach of many Nigerians owing to skyrocketing prices. He doesn't give a hoot about what people are going through.
As if that wasn't enough, he increased school fees in the federal universities and unity schools. Haba now! How do you want to tell me this man is not very heartless? How do you bring all these increases at once? How do you want people to cope?
Not to forget the annual N1K payment for Proof of Ownership for vehicles. A vehicle you bought with your money, you will be paying 1K every year to prove and 're-prove' that the vehicle is yours? SMH.
I don't want to use the word 'clueless' now because these are acts of wickedness.
I hope God intervenes..
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Valuepaints20(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ok
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by torqque7(m): 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
BOSSkesh:

Useless osu pig
May the heaven judge you for trying to destroy this government

Common Shutup your smelly disgusting mouth,you have been hopping up and down making stupid noise like a mad dog from thread to thread living in self deceit. You are so blindly ignorant and zombiefied that you are incapable of using your God given brain to tell the difference between people who want to destroy the country from those fighting for the right of both the reasonable people and the dirty animals such as you who don’t even deserve it.

It’s just unfortunate that the foolishness and brainlessness of people like you is affecting reasonable people too so we have to try to make the country better other wise we would have ignored and let you die in your misery.

How can someone with a functioning brain say no one is protesting when you are clearly watching the videos and seeing it happening live and direct all over the news?baba you no normal o walahi,that just proves how deluded you and your kind are that you see white and call it black,you see the truth yet refuse to accept it even if it slaps your dirty face,you see the country burning and the economy going down,people loosing jobs and businesses,roads empty and people trecking Long distances and yet you say all is well?you must be MA@D ghan. E no go better for you tori oloun.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by KennyLenz(m): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
I'm very sure many of these people protesting voted this government into power.
Now they are crying over spilt milk.

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by BOSSkesh(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
torqque7:

Common Shutup your smelly disgusting mouth,you have been hopping up and down making stupid noice like a mad dog from thread to thread living in self deceit. You are so blindly ignorant and zombiefied that you are incapable of using your God given brain to tell the difference between people who want to destroy the country from those fighting for the right of both the reasonable people and the dirty animals such as you who don’t even deserve it.

It’s just unfortunate that the foolishness and brainlessness of people like you is affecting reasonable people too so we have to try to make the country better other wise we would have ignored and let you die in your misery.

How can someone with a functioning brain say no one is protesting when you are clearly watching the videos and seeing it happening live and direct all over the news?baba you no normal o walahi,that just proves how deluded you and your kind are that you see white and call it black,you see the truth yet refuse to accept it even if it slaps your dirty face,you see the country burning and the economy going down,people loosing jobs and businesses,roads empty and people trecking Long distances and yet you say all is well?you must be MA@D ghan. E no go better for you tori oloun.
Are you okay why are you foaming in the mouth?
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by torqque7(m): 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
INSTANTCASH345:
Na wa oh

I can’t remember the last time I warmed my car(V6 engine). I take public transport now.

Those who can afford to travel out should do. We can’t win the govt. We can only negotiate a subtle relax of policies .

Evil has always been prevailing in Nigeria . Nigeria is ruled by forces beyond our comprehension.

Even if you are a freelancer or you think you are the best hacker,yahoo boy,all your income will be consumed by the hash economic policies and you will marvel how fast it vanished .

Black man has a black mind and always think evil for their fellow Blackman. This is how their mind are programmed,nothing we can do about this.

Check my signature ✅✅

Unfortunately you are so right about this and some of the foolish poorest of the poor still support this evil men. I drove out to buy fuel few hours ago and two teenage girls about 13 and 15 ran to me begging me for any job to do to get paid because they were hungry,I felt heart broken because I couldn’t help them neither did I have cash on me to dash them. These little girls now may end up getting molested or rapped and taken advantaged of by someone in the name of help.

As if that was not enough for the day after getting fuel I parked at a store to get something and one small Hausa boy of about 10years looking so dirty in his torn kaftan ran to me asking for money to eat. Hmm the hunger in the land is really bad. Surprisingly you will discover that his family member voted for the disaster that has befallen us because of tribal and religious sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by koboko69: 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
seunmsg:
Lol. It would have been better to break the gate of Aso Rock now abi what will they gain from breaking into National Assembly?

Hahahahaha
The target practice go sweet!
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by MTNnews: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
This fit ipob Obidaftis more You. have hijacked the NA let see how you will drive the economy

Feintline:
I saw this coming.
Nigeria is getting to a time when the people will have nothing more to eat but the rich and politicians that have improvished the nation.

This is Nigeria below with the unconstitutional illegitimate yakubu select and his people.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Dyfynezz12(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Dafresh:

Tinubu is in charge but you're calling Peter Obi, you will soon vomit the free items you're getting from Tinubu. Na NLC told Tinubu to remove subsidy,
Don't mind him, mayb is Peter Obi that told NLC to protest

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2023
Jennyclay:
Why can’t we just protest in peace and not vandalize government property undecided

we warned you guys not to vote in calamity but you called us names now you’re protesting.

Foolish people!!
Obi won in Abuja and Lagos, that's the strong hold for this NLC Protests
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by HRprof: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
Godwin4444:
To the gullible mumus who got deceived into d ipob protest even after we warned u

Few minutes into protest many of them have changed it to revolution, they deceived u to protest but they had their plans all along

So u want government to fold its hands n look on cos u were foolishly deceived abi

This is the person telling u to go n cause chaos, u are just a pawn in his game of chess
You are gullible
If you believe is Peter Obi that instructed NLC to go on protect and all across nigeria obey his instructions then it proves the Obi actually won election.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Etimemy: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Retirement office of governors and criminals
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by histemple: 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2023
To fix this gate would cost more than 7billion naira. Just wait and see.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
torqque7:

Unfortunately you are so right about this and some of the foolish poorest of the poor still support this evil men. I drove out to buy fuel few hours ago and two teenage girls about 13 and 15 ran to me begging me for any job to do to get paid because they were hungry,I felt heart broken because I couldn’t help them neither did I have cash on me to dash them. These little girls now may end up getting molested or rapped and taken advantaged of by someone in the name of help.

As if that was not enough for the day after getting fuel I parked at a store to get something and one small Hausa boy of about 10years looking so dirty in his torn kaftan ran to me asking for money to eat. Hmm the hunger in the land is really bad. Surprisingly you will discover that his family member voted for the disaster that has befallen us because of tribal and religious sentiments.

I couldn’t continue paying my former secretary. I payed her off and closed my office.

There is virtually nothing to give others as things are worst than in Buhari period.

Make God provide for us all 👋✅

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by torqque7(m): 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
INSTANTCASH345:

I couldn’t continue paying my former secretary. I payed her off and closed my office.

There is virtually nothing to give others as things are worst than in Buhari period.

Make God provide for us all 👋✅

It is well my brother,God will see us through, we had to start downsizing too here because business and cash inflow has dropped drastically and NEPA has sworn to be the enemy of progress so we barely see their light and we are forced to use Gen DAILY bro.Hmm people don’t understand how bad this thing is o, because of people loosing their jobs social vices and crime will be increased rapidly.

The useless government talking about senseless 8k palliatives for the poorest Nigerians lol and small increase to workers salaries then how about private companies and businesses?APC is a curse to this country.Anyway the good thing is that those that put them there by force will be the ones to suffer this the most because most of them are the poor people who foolishly agree to be used to fight people for peanuts or sell their votes for peanuts,as for us sha we can Never suffer like them God will always take care of his own somehow.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
torqque7:

It is well my brother,God will see us through, we had to start downsizing too here because business and cash inflow has dropped drastically and NEPA has sworn to be the enemy of progress so we barely see their light and we are forced to use Gen DAILY bro.Hmm people don’t understand how bad this thing is o, because of people loosing their jobs social vices and crime will be increased rapidly.

The useless government talking about senseless 8k palliatives for the poorest Nigerians lol and small increase to workers salaries then how about private companies and businesses?APC is a curse to this country.Anyway the good thing is that those that put them there by force will be the ones to suffer this the most because most of them are the poor people who foolishly agree to be used to fight people for peanuts or sell their votes for peanuts,as for us sha we can Never suffer like them God will always take care of his own somehow.

Amen 🙏

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by bluefilm: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
Abuja is 100% OBIDIENT so I completely understand their anger watching how depressingly enerving the past two months have been since he hit the ground and started running to nowhere in particular.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by nairalanda1(m): 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2023
Treadway:
lol..brozay don't bother carrying on with nairalanda1. E no go gree lailai. Jus bone the matter🤣

At the end of the day, not everyone has to think the way you want them to think, you know.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by nairalanda1(m): 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
ivandragon:

As much as a protest/strike is undesirable at this time, the FG has also failed in its duties & responsibilities.

The manner of the subsidy removal is fraudulent, thoughtless & a sign of government's failure to be responsible to its duties.

Two key reasons for removing fuel subsidy are smuggling & the corruption by a few.

Now, what the government should have done first, in my opinion, are:

1. Do more to secure the borders. Invest in technology tracking & surveillance systems. Sanction security officials through whose sectors fuel is smuggled out.

2. Go after the cabal in the fuel subsidy sector. The private & public characters involved must made to answer for thier alleged crimes & the proceeds confisticated. They cannot be allowed to go scot-free with thier loot & Nigerians made to suffer.

Thier cases should be fast tracked.

3. Increase the price of fuel to 250-300 band. This will take a bit of pressure off government in the interim pending when it can fully sanitise the fuel subsidy regime. This price will still be affordable for majority of Nigerians without the need of providing palliative.

4. Review downwards associated costs/charges/taxes that add to the price of fuel in Nigeria.

5. Immediately undertake a priority revamp of the refineries to get local production up to at least 70% in the first instance.

6. Institute a clear policy to encourage modular refineries & monitor thier development.

7. The confiscated properties of fuel subsidy bandits should be invested in maintaining the refineries, supporting modular refineries, investing in tracking technology for smuggled fuel & paying for subsidies (if any).

That subsidy should go is not the issue, but the process of its removal must be transparent, fair & well-thought-out.

It's all very well, but here is the problem

1.We are spending 99% of our revenue on debt servicing

2.Cost of production is rising. At the rate we were going, we were going to end up with a deficit dwarfing the budget in the next few years

And when that happens, the poor would suffer even more than others.

And it scares me.

And no, I am not a Tinubu supporter, or a APC supporter. I am annoyed we did not remove subsidy in 2012, when I woke the ell up, or in 1993 when we should have done so.

Even if we carry out your solution, the fact is...we don't have enough money to do most of the things, like fix refineries (which by the way are being fixed anyways). Or even install tech for smuggling detection.

(And by the way, no country with subsidy has stopped smuggling. Venezuela is leaking money every year due to smuggling, and Libya is now using airstrikes to stop smugglers. Even Saudi routinely jails people for abusing the subsidy to sell diesel in Yemen, and Iran has a massive problem with smuggling to Pakistan)>

God knows I wish we could find a way out of this...but right now, it is subsidy goes, or we wake up one morning, and there is no money to loot and even pay for ordinary things.

Guess who would suffer more...the poor.

So for me, it is either we choose the suffering of a thousand cries, or defer...and end up with the one of a million cries.

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by MySolace: 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
BOSSkesh:

Useless osu pig
May the heaven judge you for trying to destroy this government
Destroy which government...?

Government dat is shaking on its own? Plz don't blame anyone for d collapse of dis government but Yakubu and few unpatriotic tribalistic elements. U inclusive...
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by MySolace: 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
horpe132:
Remimds me of thsoe days in school when we'll protest & vandalize school properties out of anger & VC and the rest go dey laff us
Next semester, everybody go pay, VC and others gets new cars and new properties
Lol... It's always a cashout time for school. Dey go make d money 100 times cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / What Has This Police Man Done To Be Beaten Up Like This In Effurun / Doyin Okupe Embarrasses GEJ On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.