Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) (48619 Views)

'Tell Us What Happened In Abuja' - Protesters Besiege Rivers Govt House / President Buhari Declares Open National Shareholders Summit On 2023 (Pictures) / EndSARS: Protesters Force Odumosu, Lagos Police Commissioner To Trek 10km (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by brown3: 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
madridguy:
We know those who truly love this country won't join the protest . They still want Nigerians to continue paying subsidy so that they will have money to share. Subsidy is gone and it's gone for good.

Copied.
nobody voted for him

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Shikini: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Great
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by beardedboy(m): 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Feintline:
I saw this coming.
Nigeria is getting to a time when the people will have nothing more to eat but the rich and politicians that have improvished the nation.

This is Nigeria below with the unconstitutional illegitimate yakubu select and his people.
The picture you posted is actually proof against protest. It only brings anarchy.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by SonofGod231: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
What's this protest for please.
Organsied labour wey suppose go on warning strike dey do protest before entirely shutting down the country.
Fvck NLC,fvck the Judiciary, fvck Akpabio and the modafvckin president.
It's glaring to see this country doesn't like progress.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by naijaboy756: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kusu12:
The protest will achieve nothing, fuel subsidy is gone for good. The same NLC leadership that supported Labour Party and Naira scarcity, we understand where this is coming from. Failed members of obidots Igbos.
who did the ojota protest in 2012 and what did they protest against?

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Utanisco(m): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
I'm not even reading your crap. Cos I know you are very stupid.

I have gone to the shrine on top your matter.

You, your family members and everything you held dear shall be the victims of the violence you are calling for..

Asee.

This prayer will come to pass because it's a karma.

Now continue to cry in my mention.

Oloriburuku somebody grin

Look at this idiot
Lols

If u no enter shrine
God go kill u and ur entire generation
U fid stand before the feary face of akpanda goddess
Ontutu spirit kill u

No do make I reason u for MA book
Bkos u no go wake up tomorw

Ontutu punish u dier

Look at this infidel
U fid stand before masquerade talkless of shrine

Pikin
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Meditation01(m): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
Meditation is not something that we do. It’s not an action. Susie meditated. OK. Meditation is in that sentence a __? (Rama asks audience. Audience responds.) It’s a verb. Right. OK. Meditation can never be a verb because meditation is qualityless. It is mind in its primordial state, and there’s no grammar in nonexistence. Grammar has qualities, shapes and forms.I can assure you that grammar is the qualitative interpolation of language. Adjectives, pronouns, predicates, past pluperfect indicative—ridiculous. It has to do with qualities, shadings, differentiations, rhythmic structures of symbolic meaning. Curiouser and curiouser, if you will.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Hanndye: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
Penguin2:
They are IPOB🤦

I thought Agbado munchers said all northern NLC group pulled out of the protest because the leader of NLC is Igbo?

Oh! I forgot that Abuja is a Local Government in Anambra.

Ndi ala!
I tells you, hunger knows no tribe. This might just be the beginning of something. May this protest never favour the agbadorians. Bring back Nigeria, we must. May God help us, well-meaning Nigerians.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by madridguy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2023
Nobody voted for who?

brown3:
nobody voted for him
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Beremx(f): 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
seunmsg:
Lol. It would have been better to break the gate of Aso Rock now abi what will they gain from breaking into National Assembly?

senseless comment. At least be sympathetic to the plight of those suffering from the subsidy removal.

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Menclothing: 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
What posive have we ever achieved with protest since 1999
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2023
Menclothing:
What posive have we ever achieved with protest since 1999
good question
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by condralbedez: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Mumu people,una never see anything.
I have zeroed my mind for APC Government,nah VultureBBQgrill and his darling crew I dey pity.

Baba no fit dey comment for posts again.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Image123(m): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
These ones get transport to protest but not to go to work abi? Make government sha leave them to dey wail as far as dem no disturb serious people movement. They have eaten too much, that's why.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Larry1960: 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
Jennyclay:
Why can’t we just protest in peace and not vandalize government property undecided

we warned you guys not to vote in calamity but you called us names now you’re protesting.

Foolish people!!

First time I would see you saying something reasonable
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Galaxydon1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 02, 2023
Tinubu must go,
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
🌽 eaters will blame IPOB for this protest.b
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Minime10(f): 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZLBeV53c6I

SOURCE

Very good at least they can now use 100billion dollars thereafter to fix just the gate😏
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
grin grin grin

As e dey Sweet Us, E dey pain dem VultureGrillersgrin
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by John4B: 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
Yes! I'm there live and direct. I'm even proceeding to where the ministerial screening is taken place to disrupt it. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Willie2015: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
madridguy:
We know those who truly love this country won't join the protest . They still want Nigerians to continue paying subsidy so that they will have money to share. Subsidy is gone and it's gone for good.

Copied.

No one is against subsidy removal...
But Tinubu is handlin it the wrong way...
We need modular refineries to refine crude locally...
Thats the easy way out of this problem...
Do we have to wait for Dangote again?
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
grin f00ls
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by goodman5(m): 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
Tinubu is idiot
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Kaiser20: 1:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
Agbadorians said Tinubu will send Army and DSS to shoot anyone at the site should they protest in Lagos and Abuja
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by EmmyMaestro(m): 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
See how the gate is flat on the ground, after the protest they will come and announce that they will give contract of N7 billion to fix gate, something that a road side welder can handle.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by HNICEARTH: 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
yahoodetector:
Helinues, Sledgehammer etc will say it is IPOB led by Simon Okpa.

***Modified***

I talk am...very predictable Zoombies grin grin👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

You ma sef try dey code sarcasm
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Treadway: 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
Rayban25:

Nigerias are already dead people walking. We've had enough. They dont care again and what happened during endsars wont stop Nigerians from reacting.

The breaking point of Nigerians have been reached
lol at the bolded.🤣🤣

Nigerians do not have a breaking point! Know this and know peace.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by DaTruths: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2023
madridguy:

Copied.

Tinubu is against Removal of subsidy, he Protested against it.

We are just continuing his good legacy.
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by Treadway: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2023
ivandragon:

As much as a protest/strike is undesirable at this time, the FG has also failed in its duties & responsibilities.

The manner of the subsidy removal is fraudulent, thoughtless & a sign of government's failure to be responsible to its duties.

Two key reasons for removing fuel subsidy are smuggling & the corruption by a few.

Now, what the government should have done first, in my opinion, are:

1. Do more to secure the borders. Invest in technology tracking & surveillance systems. Sanction security officials through whose sectors fuel is smuggled out.

2. Go after the cabal in the fuel subsidy sector. The private & public characters involved must made to answer for thier alleged crimes & the proceeds confisticated. They cannot be allowed to go scot-free with thier loot & Nigerians made to suffer.

Thier cases should be fast tracked.

3. Increase the price of fuel to 250-300 band. This will take a bit of pressure off government in the interim pending when it can fully sanitise the fuel subsidy regime. This price will still be affordable for majority of Nigerians without the need of providing palliative.

4. Review downwards associated costs/charges/taxes that add to the price of fuel in Nigeria.

5. Immediately undertake a priority revamp of the refineries to get local production up to at least 70% in the first instance.

6. Institute a clear policy to encourage modular refineries & monitor thier development.

7. The confiscated properties of fuel subsidy bandits should be invested in maintaining the refineries, supporting modular refineries, investing in tracking technology for smuggled fuel & paying for subsidies (if any).

That subsidy should go is not the issue, but the process of its removal must be transparent, fair & well-thought-out.
lol..brozay don't bother carrying on with nairalanda1. E no go gree lailai. Jus bone the matter🤣
Re: Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) by DaTruths: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
BOSSkesh:

Useless osu pig
May the heaven judge you for trying to destroy this government

Mynd44
Seun
Oam4j
Mukina
Dominique

Rule 2.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protest Against IPOB As Nnamdi Kanu Appears In Court Today (Pictures) / Buhari Delivers His Polling Unit At Daura, Katsina For Tinubu / Keyamo Redeployed To Ministry Of Labour And Productivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.