Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. (19856 Views)

Family Relocation Advice Needed / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by GreatAutos(m): 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Go and master Facebook and Google Ad

Agencies and startups go need your services as a digital marketer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Let me come and learn
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by geolabious(m): 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Whazar:
If you don reach UK I go connect you to some of my Gs depends on where you are there

Within a year you should make nothing less than 60k pounds not even capping if your head correct oo and you sharp

Share me update
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Georgejeez: 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Learn how to barb hair , it will take you at least 4 months to be perfect in a good Barbing salon

4 Likes

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by savage76(m): 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Opeolami:
I will be relocating by the end of the year, everything is set.

I need advice on skill to get to improve myself and earn more money when I get to UK.

I need advice so I can start as early as this month.

Thanks.

Learn Data Analysis with Power BI, only that should get you a good job👍🏾

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by onlyboyson(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
Learn how to wash plates

2 Likes

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by ayoade2: 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
hard skills: learn barbing, hairdressing, tailoring, capentry, those sells a lot.

soft skills you can learn anything on IT , web design or management, digital marketing etc
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Christian07(m): 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
wrong question, wrong place

WE DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING, but you want us to MAGICALLY TELL YOU WHAT SKILL WILL WORK OVER THERE?
Does this make any logical sense to you? who does that?

WE DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, if you are male, female, healthy, sick, rich or poor.... OR WHAT YOUR CHARACTER TEMPRAMENT IS.... you just want use to give you ideas on what will work for you.

See, nairaland is NOT google and no one cares about you, GO AND SIT AND THINK FOR YOURSELF.......... get yourself acquainted with the businesses that thrive in that country or skills that they are willing to pay for.... THEN START LEARNING.

Its irritating when you give the general public the task of FREELY doing for you, what you should do for yourself. Get a consultant in that country or nigerians living there, then ask them......... IF THEY DON'T PERSONALLY KNOW YOU, THEY MAY STILL LIE TO YOU AND SCAM YOU.

See, I don't really care if you get offended at my bitter truth but THERE IS PEACE in doing things by yourself, and if you must ask for HELP, be very very DETAILED.

Na quarrel

9 Likes

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Chosimba: 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
Opeolami:

I need advice on skill to get to improve myself and earn more money when I get to UK.

Thanks.

The clear advice is a tech skill.

Coding, product management, devops are all things you can learn and get good practice in 5 months.

Most of these roles are currently remote in the UK so it really doesn't matter where you're going.

Make sure you get as much experience as you can before leaving and pad your Cv when you get there (that 5 months should be written as 2 years)

2 Likes

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by uuzba(m): 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
Opeolami:

Why?
Me. I'm returnee from UK.
Useless place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by OboOlora(f): 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Learn birisope and lawma work. Bricklayer de make £20/hr for site and garbage truck workers de make £15/hr.
Or learn skill as a male stripper make u come de strip for Sheffield High street

2 Likes

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Bullman(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Purvan:
Enroll in a vocational school and learn a trade or learn how to drive big trucks and fork lifts

Companies like Maersk are looking for peeps in those areas

This is the best advice u will get here..
Across Europe they are in need of over 300000 truckers ..
After health n tech , truckers are the ones mostly in demand , and they earn juicy salary ..
There will be no boss to press your neck or shout at you to do more than u can actually do..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by uuzba(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Georgejeez:
Learn how to barb hair , it will take you at least 4 months to be perfect in a good Barbing salon
Whose hair will he cut? Black or white ?
Where will he cut it? Front street or backyard?
Everything in UK is always strict.

3 Likes

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by xyzando: 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
I am so glad that you have made this choice. Please be assured that you will have no regrets if you choose to be disciplined and focus when you get to U. K.

I will give you some valid options as follows:

1. If you are hands-on for culinary skills, learn how to make finger bites such as Suya, puff-puff, grilled chicken etc. You can handle Nigerian parties/social gatherings in U.K. and I can assure you will not meet up with demand. I presently even queue for a little item like meat pie and puff-puff at a Nigerian restaurant called Tastee. Interestingly, they always sell out.

2. If you can learn hair styling (braids etc), you will make unimaginable cash. It is mostly done in your house for cash and the waiting list for most of the stylists I know. Nigerian women over here celebrate paying £80 for a one hour process.

3. Learn Project Management or Cybersecurity. You can commence by getting the requisite skills at Training institutes in Nigeria. When you get to the U. K., embark on the training in places like Tritech, stl-training etc. They will train you with live projects and provide U.K. work experience and work references for your C.V. Through this approach, you can possibly attract salaries in the range of £200 to £250 per day

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by staga: 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
Opeolami:

Thanks.

How can you be saying everything is set and you are still asking about what skill to get? What visa are you travelling with?

1 Like

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Canvass: 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
Try plumbing. Caregiving, barbering and plumbing are said to be lucrative vocations but peeps already flooded care and barbering.
As suggested by someone earlier, forklift and truck drivers are also in high demand but those could be tedious, monotonous and boring.
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by sholly007: 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
I think this will be useful for your pursuit.

Top 24 Best Handy Skills to Learn Before Traveling Abroad
https://talkgeria.com/handy-skill-to-learn-before-traveling-abroad/

Best Certifications Program (In-demand) To Boost Your Income
https://talkgeria.com/best-certifications-program-in-demand-to-boost-your-income/

Opeolami:

Thanks.
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by AfroBeatDiary: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Go learn barber or mechanic
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by kokorunna(m): 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
If you are a guy learn the below skills
1. Barbing
2. Barbecue expert
3. Tailoring - nearly every week you will sowing clothes
4. MC
5. Good singer to start a band
6. Sax player

If you are a woman
1. Catering
2. Baking
3. Makeup
4. Tailoring
5. Gele tie

Some people do this for a living without working in the UK. Make sure you learn a key skill before coming .... humble opinion

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by wineconnoisseur: 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2023
Opeolami:

Thanks.

Forget all this IT skills it’s useless. Learn how to drive heavy duty trucks and thank me later

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Exceed15: 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
Study what is lucrative there. Do your research.

1 Like

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Rilwayne001: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
YouKay grin grin

1 Like

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Setaleonoz(m): 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
onlyboyson:
Learn how to wash plates

😂

2 Likes

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Westwood2580: 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
Chosimba:

The clear advice is a tech skill.

Coding, product management, devops are all things you can learn and get good practice in 5 months.

Most of these roles are currently remote in the UK so it really doesn't matter where you're going.
Take devops out of it. He can't mastered the tools for devops within that timeframe
Make sure you get as much experience as you can before leaving and pad your Cv when you get there (that 5 months should be written as 2 years)
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by OgbeniSir(m): 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Hustle ke? Prepare to clean nyansh and change old people diapers, bath them, they go abuse you etc. Welcome

quote author=ednut1 post=124849142]too late to learn any tangible skills. Prepare to hustle [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
No joy one bit on this thread, maybe it's because of the Niger debacle, I don't know but OP use your tongue count your teeth, you have less than 4-5 month to get yourself ready...
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by NAC1666: 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
Opeolami:

Thanks.
Truck driveing and carpentry
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by TheGift: 9:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
I would say carpentry plumbing and welding would be your best bet , but I don't think you can develop to even semi-skilled level in less than 18 months.
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by zanebaddo(m): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
Whazar:
If you don reach UK I go connect you to some of my Gs depends on where you are there

Within a year you should make nothing less than 60k pounds not even capping if your head correct oo and you sharp
I de UK u fit connect me wetin dem de do?

1 Like

Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by Whazar(m): 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
zanebaddo:
I de UK u fit connect me wetin dem de do?
Which part are you?
Re: Relocation Advice On Skill To Learn. by tonicyril: 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
uuzba:

Me. I'm returnee from UK.
Useless place.

While did u return bro, yarn me make I no do mistake abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Has Begun Construction To Expand The Enugu 9th Mile-benue Expressway / Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos / 20 Passengers Burnt To Death In Bauchi Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.