Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger (3799 Views)

Northern Senators Ask Tinubu To Restore Electricity To Niger Republic / ECOWAS Delegation: How Abdulsalami, Sultan Were Humiliated By Niger Junta / Jubilation As Fayemi Fulfils Promises, Restore Electricity To Ekiti Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Offpointng: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
favor914:
Why wait for imaginary Russia, when with the help of Biafra they can build a dam in 6 months, says Simon Ekpa.

grin grin
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by favor914: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:

Did Boko haram agree with you ?
Our Kanuri Wagner are on stand by, let Shettima finish his meeting in Russia with Putin.

Hungry Niger Republic way France they feed, says they want trouble.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by REDshouse(m): 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:

A war is a war, you can justify it but that’s an internal affairs of Niger, if you cut their electricity, that’s an energy attack, they have the reserve to retaliate, yes a dam may take five years but the river can be redirected within a year besides, the military may just ignore Nigeria and start the dam while powering critical infrastructure with solar, petrol generators and more but the idea of starting the damn would bring panic and retaliation, what would Nigeria do if they start the project
u need to care more of what is happening in your neighborhood or environment... Russia did same to Ukraine.. initially Russia shouldnt be concerned about Ukraine joining NATO but it fears future incursion from it's immediate enemy in the future reason for the war,

Niger , benin, Chad, Cameroon Chad are so much important to the survival of Nigeria,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Blue3k(m): 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
Tinubu has drawn the first blood, Cutting Niger Electricity to me is a NO, there was an agreement to that effect and not that Niger could not build their own electricity, the agreement was that they don’t build electric dam over the Niger, divert or alter its flow in exchange for a supply of electricity from Nigeria

You people don't read the paper before making threads. Niger Republic is already building a hydrodam. It's been under construction for years. Assuming everything goes to plan they shouldn't need to import electricity after its completed.

Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by favor914: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Blue3k:

You people don't read the paper before making threads. Niger Republic is already building a hydrodam. It's been under construction for years. Assuming everything goes to plan they shouldn't need to import electricity after its completed.
Where will they get the money to continue work, when sanctions have been imposed, & the funders know they cannot pay back?
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by cybertruss(m): 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
That is terrible approach. A wise military president will immediately start construction of a new dam and diverting water in the River Niger. However I don't know whether they have enough money
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by favor914: 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
cybertruss:
That is terrible approach. A wise military president will immediately start construction of a new dam and diverting water in the River Niger
Who will finance & build the dam for them, Their God France has started imposing sanctions on them.

Start any construction, before they wake up, Nigeria Airforce would have turned it to rubble.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Blue3k(m): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
favor914:
Where will they get the money to continue work, when sanctions have been imposed, & the funders know they cannot pay back?

Who sanctioned the project in this list? The project is still ongoing.

This mammoth project of 740 billion CFA francs (1.1 billion euros / $1.3 billion) is co-financed by the World Bank, African Development Bank (AfDB), Islamic Development Bank and French Development Agency.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by OutOfTheAshes(m): 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2023
[quote author=AlexBells post=124834236]Tinubu has drawn the first blood, Cutting Niger Electricity to me is a NO, there was an agreement to that effect and not that Niger could not build their own electricity, the agreement was that they don’t build electric dam over the Niger, divert or alter its flow in exchange for a supply of electricity from Nigeria, if anything goes wrong with the flow of the River Niger, millions will die in Nigeria especially in the North that depends on this River for Irrigation farming, fishing and transportation.

Tinubu should approach this Niger issue with caution, Niger have many ace over us in this situation, it is a war building up, I don’t know who is advising him, this is war already, there would be retaliation, Tinubu should restore these people’s electricity and get back to dialogue, I don’t know why we like going back on agreement, this was same thing that happened after Aburi accord.[/quotes]
Why are you scared? If una government implement the same thing in the East, you will support it, because of hatred on the IBOS. Evil Nigerians. The evil you wish the Ibos is creeping gradually into your houses
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by favor914: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2023
Blue3k:

Who sanctioned the project in this list? The project is still ongoing.

Niger is finished, a country dependent on France & its sister Nigeria for its survival?

world bank controlled by the USA has already sanctioned them, African development bank controlled by Nigeria has already sanctioned them, France development agency controlled by their master, has already sanctioned them, & we are still in round 1, for a bout of 12 rounds.

By round 2 after much severe bruising, round 3 na TKO, they will throw in the white towel, & refuse to leave their corner for center ring to continue the fight.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
Blue3k:

What is the essence of the paper upon the fact that Niger depends on Nigeria for electricity what is the impact of the current dam to the River? And have it been functional if not why go back on earlier memoranda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
[quote author=OutOfTheAshes post=124835336][/quote]
Oga I’m Igbo
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by favor914: 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
[quote author=OutOfTheAshes post=124835336][/quote] Mr out of the Ashes, Alexander Bell is an Obidient like yourself.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
favor914:
Who are you Alexander Bell (Mr Telephone Man) you Obidients your views or opinions is inconsequential.

Keep deceiving yourself with your new found love for Republic du Niger.
My people know that I’m a unionist, I’m a Zikist, we own Nigeria, I can’t watch Nigeria make stupid mistake this is my own very country, it is stupid, I’m saying and Doing exactly what Zik would do in situation like this, he is going to put toward how stupid it is just like when the North wanted to secede, he told them how stupid it was since they are are landlocked
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Blue3k(m): 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:

What is the essence of the paper upon the fact that Niger depends on Nigeria for electricity what is the impact of the current dam to the River? And have it been functional if not why go back on earlier memoranda

1. The point being made was they were already building a dam despite the agreement nobody can cite.

2. It wont have much impact according to EIA.

3. You can clearly see their dam will be completed 2025. Why would they want to be dependent on Nigeria for electricity?
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
Blue3k:

1. The point being made was they were already building a dam despite the agreement nobody can cite.

2. It wont have much impact according to EIA.

3. You can clearly see their dam will be completed 2025. Why would they want to be dependent on Nigeria for electricity?
The point is beyond building a dam, first the alteration or diverting the flow, with innocent use, now what about weapon using it as a weapon, did you research to find out whether the damn was built on the River or a tributary, did you research to find out if the current damn can alter or limit the flow of the Niger down to Nigeria that’s the issue, there’s dam in Ogrugu Nsukka, the dam is built on a tributary of the Niger which doesn’t impact the actual River these are technical term if it were concerning Nigeria could have responded
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by favor914: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
My people know that i’m a unionist, I’m a Zikist, we own Nigeria, I can’t watch Nigeria make stupid mistake this is my own very country, it is stupid, I’m saying and Doing exactly what Zik would do in situation like this, he is going to put toward how stupid it is just like when the North wanted to secede, he told them how stupid it was since they are are landlocked
Gerrout you think that you are speaking with your fellow oblivious Obidients?

The Great Nnamdi Azikiwe, The Owelle of Onitsha was a true Pan Africanist like Kwame Nkurumah, never will he have supported any useless coup by dumb over zealous soldiers.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
favor914:
Gerrout you think that you are speaking your fellow oblivious Obidients?

The Great Nnamdi Azikiwe, The Owelle of Onitsha was a true Pan Africanist like Kwame Nkurumah, never will he have supported any useless coup by dumb over zealous soldiers.
Now you are talking, I’m a pan Africanist, and a Nigerianist, while not supporting the junta in Niger, I’m spelling out the potential consequences of unplugging their Electricity
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by kolaaderin: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:

A war is a war, you can justify it but that’s an internal affairs of Niger, if you cut their electricity, that’s an energy attack, they have the reserve to retaliate, yes a dam may take five years but the river can be redirected within a year besides, the military may just ignore Nigeria and start the dam while powering critical infrastructure with solar, petrol generators and more but the idea of starting the damn would bring panic and retaliation, what would Nigeria do if they start the project
River Niger redirected to where? To many children on this forum
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
kolaaderin:

River Niger redirected to where? To many children on this forum
To Sahara desert
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Enice(m): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:

Oga, stop fooling yourself on the net. Nigeria will not go to war with Niger Republic. If Nigeria enters that country, the nigerien army will not last a week. For the last time, there's are difference between being at war with a country and trying to remove a few bad elements from government. One is based on policy, culture,religion nationalism etc, the other is based on an individual. Citizens of Niger will not die for someone who's just pursuing his selfish interest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by favor914: 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:

Now you are talking, I’m a pan Africanist, and a Nigerianist, while not supporting the junta in Niger, I’m spelling out the potential consequences of unplugging their Electricity
I like your swag Mr Telephone Man Alexander Bell.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Blue3k(m): 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:

The point is beyond building a dam, first the alteration or diverting the flow, with innocent use, now what about weapon using it as a weapon, did you research to find out whether the damn was built on the River or a tributary, did you research to find out if the current damn can alter or limit the flow of the Niger down to Nigeria that’s the issue, there’s dam in Ogrugu Nsukka, the dam is built on a tributary of the Niger which doesn’t impact the actual River these are technical term if it were concerning Nigeria could have responded

You can research the topic them tell me.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Enice:
Oga, stop fooling yourself on the net. Nigeria will not go to war with Niger Republic. If Nigeria enters that country, the nigerien army will not last a week. For the last time, there's are difference between being at war with a country and trying to remove a few bad elements from government. One is based on policy, culture,religion nationalism etc, the other is based on an individual. Citizens of Niger will not die for someone who's just pursuing his selfish interest
War had always been more an individual with ego than it had ever been about the masses, when you unplug their electricity, is it the individual that would suffer or the masses ?
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by favor914: 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
War had always been more an individual with ego than it had ever been about the masses, when you unplug their electricity, is it the individual that would suffer or the masses ?
Republic du Niger, wants to jump from frying pan to fire, over some hungry over zealous soldiers?

Same way peeps in Sudan were rejoicing the removal of Omar Bashir in 2020, today a full blown war has broken out in the country.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
Blue3k:

You can research the topic them tell me.
The one I already did what did you do other than try to torpedo it lol, research it yourself
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by HopeSpencer: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
Tinubu has drawn the first blood, Cutting Niger Electricity to me is a NO, there was an agreement to that effect and not that Niger could not build their own electricity, the agreement was that they don’t build electric dam over the Niger, divert or alter its flow in exchange for a supply of electricity from Nigeria, if anything goes wrong with the flow of the River Niger, millions will die in Nigeria especially in the North that depends on this River for Irrigation farming, fishing and transportation.

Tinubu should approach this Niger issue with caution, Niger have many ace over us in this situation, it is a war building up, I don’t know who is advising him, this is war already, there would be retaliation, Tinubu should restore these people’s electricity and get back to dialogue, I don’t know why we like going back on agreement, this was same thing that happened after Aburi accord.

You don't know anything.

If tribunal and obbiddiots try anything stvpid, before case gets to supreme court, your president will start a war. Let's see if you can remove a president during wartime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Blue3k(m): 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
The one I already did what did you do other than try to torpedo it lol, research it yourself

You're the one asking questions. You didn't debunk anything. Lol you didn't even know about the Dam before today.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
Blue3k:

You're the one asking questions. You didn't debunk anything. Lol you didn't even know about the Dam before today.
Yes, I didn’t know about the dam but I’m not surprised because such dam exist is Nsukka where I come from, once it is certified safe sure they can go ahead but such dam maybe miniature and if it is on main Niger and not a tributary then Nigeria would be notified to investigate potential impact but that doesn’t negate the topic which is, there’s a memorandum to supply them electricity which so they don’t divert or limit the Niger now Nigeria has gone back on that can they do whatever they want knowing that several Nigerian ecosystems rely on that River
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Blue3k(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
Yes, I didn’t know about the dam but I’m not surprised because such dam exist is Nsukka where I come from, once it is certified safe sure they can go ahead but such dam maybe miniature and if it is on main Niger and not a tributary then Nigeria would be notified to investigate potential impact but that doesn’t negate the topic which is, there’s a memorandum to supply them electricity which so they don’t divert or limit the Niger now Nigeria has gone back on that can they do whatever they want knowing that several Nigerian ecosystems rely on that River

Confirm the facts about the this dam. If you're not willing to don't keep arguing about it. You can't speak on a topic you don't know. You simply pontificating right now.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
Blue3k:

Confirm the facts about the this dam. If you're not willing to don't keep arguing about it. You can't speak on a topic you don't know. You simply pontificating right now.
If the dam was a concern, why did it go on with the unsurped friendly regime so we know the bone of contention here the clause includes diversion and limitations not just a dam, the dam became a focal point because Electricity is in the question so far as they rely on Nigeria for electricity given earlier agreement, Nigeria is the aggressor, the topic was not about whether therw was no dam whatsoever in Niger
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Christistruth03: 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
Tinubu has drawn the first blood, Cutting Niger Electricity to me is a NO, there was an agreement to that effect and not that Niger could not build their own electricity, the agreement was that they don’t build electric dam over the Niger, divert or alter its flow in exchange for a supply of electricity from Nigeria, if anything goes wrong with the flow of the River Niger, millions will die in Nigeria especially in the North that depends on this River for Irrigation farming, fishing and transportation.

Tinubu should approach this Niger issue with caution, Niger have many ace over us in this situation, it is a war building up, I don’t know who is advising him, this is war already, there would be retaliation, Tinubu should restore these people’s electricity and get back to dialogue, I don’t know why we like going back on agreement, this was same thing that happened after Aburi accord.

There is also an agreement that ECOWAS will resist all Coups in their Member Countries

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan's Affair With Diezani / Where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir / Inec Training For 2015 Election Manual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.