Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger (3805 Views)

Northern Senators Ask Tinubu To Restore Electricity To Niger Republic / ECOWAS Delegation: How Abdulsalami, Sultan Were Humiliated By Niger Junta / Jubilation As Fayemi Fulfils Promises, Restore Electricity To Ekiti Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Enice(m): 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:

The point is beyond building a dam, first the alteration or diverting the flow, with innocent use, now what about weapon using it as a weapon, did you research to find out whether the damn was built on the River or a tributary, did you research to find out if the current damn can alter or limit the flow of the Niger down to Nigeria that’s the issue, there’s dam in Ogrugu Nsukka, the dam is built on a tributary of the Niger which doesn’t impact the actual River these are technical term if it were concerning Nigeria could have responded
You don't just site a dam anywhere! You have to know the area the dam will submerged. There's a reason kainji area is used as a dam. It's because the basin formed by the dam does not adversely affect the area
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by joyandfaith: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
Tinubu has drawn the first blood, Cutting Niger Electricity to me is a NO, there was an agreement to that effect and not that Niger could not build their own electricity, the agreement was that they don’t build electric dam over the Niger, divert or alter its flow in exchange for a supply of electricity from Nigeria, if anything goes wrong with the flow of the River Niger, millions will die in Nigeria especially in the North that depends on this River for Irrigation farming, fishing and transportation.

Tinubu should approach this Niger issue with caution, Niger have many ace over us in this situation, it is a war building up, I don’t know who is advising him, this is war already, there would be retaliation, Tinubu should restore these people’s electricity and get back to dialogue, I don’t know why we like going back on agreement, this was same thing that happened after Aburi accord.

You get it.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Enice:
You don't just site a dam anywhere! You have to know the area the dam will submerged. There's a reason kainji area is used as a dam. It's because the basin formed by the dam does not adversely affect the area
You can only say you don’t build a dam anywhere depending on the purpose, is all dam about electricity? There are dams for storage of drinking water, so it depends as far as the Niger is concerned one can build a dam almost in any part of its breath and it would be effective, why the consider kainji while having to do with the point you noted it also got to do with the concern of the ecosystem the kainji area is just like a tributary of the Niger
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by adebayo987: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
Tinubu has drawn the first blood, Cutting Niger Electricity to me is a NO, there was an agreement to that effect and not that Niger could not build their own electricity, the agreement was that they don’t build electric dam over the Niger, divert or alter its flow in exchange for a supply of electricity from Nigeria, if anything goes wrong with the flow of the River Niger, millions will die in Nigeria especially in the North that depends on this River for Irrigation farming, fishing and transportation.

Tinubu should approach this Niger issue with caution, Niger have many ace over us in this situation, it is a war building up, I don’t know who is advising him, this is war already, there would be retaliation, Tinubu should restore these people’s electricity and get back to dialogue, I don’t know why we like going back on agreement, this was same thing that happened after Aburi accord.
Niger Republic will bow to Nigeria last last. Na our baby them be. So, when them misbehave na to flog their yash small with better lashes make sense enter their heads.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
adebayo987:
Niger Republic will bow to Nigeria last last. Na our baby them be. So, when them misbehave na to flog their yash small with better lashes make sense enter their heads.
Baby wey don grow wings, them don them follow bad boys like Farso and Mali, na coming of age things for them oo, 9ja must be careful
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by SeniorGee(m): 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
The Nigerian government must not involve itself in a proxy war with Niger. Never under estimate these countries. If US want to fight, let them fly their troops there and fight.
Nigeria be wise
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Enice(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
You can only say you don’t build a dam anywhere depending on the purpose, is all dam about electricity? There are dams for storage of drinking water, so it depends as far as the Niger is concerned one can build a dam almost in any part of its breath and it would be effective, why the consider kainji while having to do with the point you noted it also got to do with the concern of the ecosystem the kainji area is just like a tributary of the Niger
Have you checked the topography of the kainji area? You think you can just dam a natural course of water anyhow and anywhere? Dey play!
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
Enice:
Have you checked the topography of the kainji area? You think you can just dam a natural course of water anyhow and anywhere? Dey play!
We are talking about a river here, without consideration for the ecosystem, the Niger can be dammed at any flow point it is just an Engineering sophistication question
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Abifarin16: 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
So it begins.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by adebayo987: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
Baby wey don grow wings, them don them follow bad boys like Farso and Mali, na coming of age things for them oo, 9ja must be careful
We no dey fight Niger Republic, we dey help Niger Republic people by restoring democracy.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 7:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
adebayo987:
We no dey fight Niger Republic, we dey help Niger Republic people by restoring democracy.
All is fair in love and war go do whatever you want to do for the people of Niger see what happens once you cross your boundary
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Ezmans: 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:

Nothing would happen but blackout is creeping in on Niger, what Nigeria is about to do is a crime they would retaliate oo
nigeria get light?
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by ehikwe22: 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
favor914:
Just they deceive yourself, Nigeria builds direct rail line from Nigeria to Niger, Obidients start wailing, President Buhari gifts Niger bullet proof SUVs 🚙, Obidients go into overdrive wailing.

The irony today, those same wailing Obidients, support coup plotters in Niger?

The irony is in your warped up brain. If obidients were against the former president, is rejoicing over his removal an irony? And did they tell you they hated nigeriens when they complained about Buhari using Nigeria's money to cater for another country's need? Isn't that also in line what they're telling Tinubu to not use Nigeria's resources to wage a war that he has no business with?

The only irony is your brain that doesn't function
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by softy(m): 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Enice:
stop reasoning like a small pikin. This scenerio has not and cannot arise. The Nigerian government is trying to stop an illegal entity from taking over a country not that Nigeria is against Niger. A dam is not built in 5 day but 5 years

What a metaphor!

@bolded, dyu meant to say the illegal entity who is turning his country upside down at rate of 1 billion shege banza per minute is stopping 'perceived illegal entity" in another sovereign country, as the script wriiten by power mongers dictates?
[color=#000099][/color]

How can u be suffering from chronic fever and be administering cold water on another person having a mere headache..?
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Kaido: 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
AlexBells:
Asari is in the creeks Niger is a desert, by all standard of the heavens, Asari don’t stand a chance
You have lots of time to answer people.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by descartes400: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
favor914:
Niger is finished, a country dependent on France & its sister Nigeria for its survival?

world bank controlled by the USA has already sanctioned them, African development bank controlled by Nigeria has already sanctioned them, France development agency controlled by their master, has already sanctioned them, & we are still in round 1, for a bout of 12 rounds.

By round 2 after much severe bruising, round 3 na TKO, they will throw in the white towel, & refuse to leave their corner for center ring to continue the fight.

These are Africa countries currently under military rule

Burkina Faso (since January 2022) ...
Chad (since April 2021) ...
Guinea (since September 2021) ...
Mali (since August 2020) ...
Sudan (since October 2021)

Non of them has thrown in the towel despite sanctions from the collective west.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Enice(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
softy:

What a metaphor!

@bolded, dyu meant to say the illegal entity who is turning his country upside down at rate of 1 billion shege banza per minute is stopping 'perceived illegal entity" in another sovereign country, as the script wriiten by power mongers dictates?
[color=#000099][/color]

How can u be suffering from chronic fever and be administering cold water on another person having a mere headache..?
Whatever Tinubu's policies are, he won in an election and was declared a winner by a constitutionally recognised authority. If you cannot warp into your brain, then there's nothing I can do.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by DRKRIZ: 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
Sherap.... You know nothing about international politics.
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Blazebond(m): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
Can you quote the strength of the Niger army? So you think Niger can stand Nigeria army for a week shebi?

quote author=AlexBells post=124834236]Tinubu has drawn the first blood, Cutting Niger Electricity to me is a NO, there was an agreement to that effect and not that Niger could not build their own electricity, the agreement was that they don’t build electric dam over the Niger, divert or alter its flow in exchange for a supply of electricity from Nigeria, if anything goes wrong with the flow of the River Niger, millions will die in Nigeria especially in the North that depends on this River for Irrigation farming, fishing and transportation.

Tinubu should approach this Niger issue with caution, Niger have many ace over us in this situation, it is a war building up, I don’t know who is advising him, this is war already, there would be retaliation, Tinubu should restore these people’s electricity and get back to dialogue, I don’t know why we like going back on agreement, this was same thing that happened after Aburi accord.[/quote]
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by ednut1(m): 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kandadji_Dam They have a dam expected to be ready 2025
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by SWATMan: 12:29am On Aug 03, 2023
AlexBells:

Just like the Budapest memorandum. That Russia had with Ukraine before the outbreak of hostilities
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by ImperialYoruba: 12:38am On Aug 03, 2023
AlexBells:

Use this energy to campaign against Ekpa so your people can stop fleeing to other regions as 'fugees. grin cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 12:51am On Aug 03, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

Use this energy to campaign against Ekpa so your people can stop fleeing to other regions as 'fugees. grin cheesy cheesy grin
Why would I campaign against did I vote for him, is he representing me, did I by any way put him in the position he is, is he using my resources to do what he do ?
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by osigiepurr(m): 3:26am On Aug 03, 2023
AlexBells:

Oga story teller, stop being pessimistic and don’t be a lazy coward!. That was how you guys were busy parading your clueless messages around that Russia would crush and decimate Ukraine within 2 days of starting war. Wars and battles are not won and interpreted on social networks.

Abeg, shift go one side jare, make i go wear my bullet proof jersey. Infact, Niger people will collect wotowoto from Tinubu….
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by AlexBells(m): 3:33am On Aug 03, 2023
osigiepurr:
Oga story teller, stop being pessimistic and don’t be a lazy coward!. That was how you guys were busy parading your clueless messages around that Russia would crush and decimate Ukraine within 2 days of starting war. Wars and battles are not won and interpreted on social networks.

Abeg, shift go one side jare, make i go wear my bullet proof jersey. Infact, Niger people will collect wotowoto from Tinubu….
I never ever said Russia would decimate Ukraine, in fact I have a book on Rusia Ukraine war on Amazon
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by aklid(m): 4:04am On Aug 03, 2023
favor914:
Very funny grin, you are already wailing for the Nigeriens?

What high level of hypocrisy? you Obidients want to embrace the same people you were cursing President Buhari for romancing?
aswearugard boss, the thing just shocked me 😂these people are always opposing whatever the people they hate is doing, good or bad..just confused set of individuals smh
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Thomasankara(m): 7:56am On Aug 03, 2023
[/color]block dam to destroy their country? Do you think the water is ordinary stream?[color=#770077]
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by softy(m): 11:07am On Aug 03, 2023
Enice:
Whatever Tinubu's policies are, he won in an election and was declared a winner by a constitutionally recognised authority. If you cannot warp into my brain, then there's nothing I can do.

fixed!
Re: Tinubu Restore Electricity or use Bombers To Bring Down Any Dam Built By Niger by Enice(m): 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
softy:

fixed!
if you like twist and turn my words whatever way you like, the fact remains that Tinubu is the president of Nigeria and you can do nothing about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Babangida : The Evil Genius / Fool / Genocidal Kleptomaniac / Shepopotamus / Tambuwal’s Impeachment Plot: PDP Reps Give Conditions To Jonathan, Party Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.