Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) (66135 Views)

FCCPC Deletes Over 180 Registered Loan Apps From Website / How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / Say No To SOKOLOAN, This Lending App Should Be Removed From Play Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by JetSet: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
The Federal Government through the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission has asked Google to remove 18 more digital loan apps from the Google Play store.

The commission stated that these apps are operating on the Google Play store without regulatory approval or in violation of the Limited Interim Regulatory/Registration Framework and Guidelines for Digital Lending, 2022 (Guidelines).

It noted that only digital money lenders that have regulatory scrutiny and compliance evidenced by written approval from it are allowed on Playstore.

Listing the deleted apps on Wednesday, the FCCPC said, “Accordingly, the Commission has entered a further order requiring Google to immediately remove, withdraw, or drawdown the following

“Getloan, Joy Cash-Loan Up to 1,000,000, Camelloan, Cashlawn, Nairaloan, Eaglecash, Moneytreefinance Made Easy, Luckyloan Personal Loan, Cashme, Easynaira, Swiftcas, Crediting, Swiftkash, Hen Credit loan, Nut loan, Cash door, Cashpal, and Nairaeasy gist loan.”

The commission further stated that compliance with its guidelines is mandatory for all digital money lenders, and failure to comply is a violation of the law.

It added that infractions or infringements may lead to permanent delisting and prohibition, as well as law enforcement action, including prosecution.

Recently, the FCCPC has been clamping down on loan apps operating illegally or/and harassing Nigerians. On July 20, 2023, it delisted some registered digital money lenders for breaking its rules.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/fg-asks-google-to-remove-18-loan-apps/%3famp

30 Likes

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Alchemy528: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
Lol
All does our dapto kings and queens that rely on loans is all over senior man take over

Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by jonapeters: 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
Hnnnn
Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Penguin2: 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
If I knew I would have borrowed from these mothef*ckers before they got delisted🤦

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by sreamsense: 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Penguin2:
If I knew I would have borrowed from these mothef*ckers before they got delisted🤦
Why will you borrow from loan app? Ekpa doesn't pay you as online media aid for Ipob/esn? Well, I wouldn't blame you, when you sit-at-home for two weeks, how won't you need loan when Ekpa has chased away all your customers and rendered your legitimate job fruitless?

177 Likes 27 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Abifarin16: 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2023
Make I follow go uninstall JoyCash for my phone.

3 Likes

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by NwaNimo1(m): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Pwettylinda(f): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
grin grin
Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by southsouthking(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
You guys are really funny 😂😂😂😂
I'm reading your quotes and mentions from palmpay prison.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by veektor01(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Lol.
They will all be back with different names.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by seunlayi(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
This apps are supposed to be making cool money in this our current economic but their Shylock attitude is the problem. You give 12k loan and want to collect 18k back in 2 weeks and you start adding default interest if the person fails. This is cruel. Subscribers to the loan only pay back with the hope of attaining a higher level when they will be able to get a higher offer..... Then they default.

Minimising the interest will help them to minimise defaults, they should also be straightforward in the term of the loan unlike the one posted month ago by a nairaland member about how he was lured to take a loan with hidden neckbreaking condition.

Let me also dedicate this song to all Defaulters.

"Cut Your Coat According to Your Size" by Apolos Empire Rhythm Orchestra

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Kizyte(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
All these agbero loan sharks should not only be deleted, they should be arrested and thrown in jail for being so unprofessional

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
A good way to go.
Very good development.
Good news.

We are sure some frustrated children will still wail and cry on this good and positive news.
Nothing good about our darling nation make them happy in life.
Only Negativity and news about deaths and calamity dey always totori dem.

People dey o.

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Elzazzi: 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by GboyegaD(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hmm....why not the regulators clamp down on them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Creamypie(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Pipo don happy. Chronic borrowers and defaulters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by seunlayi(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
veektor01:
Lol.
That is the tradition grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
veektor01:
Lol.
We go still catch all of dem by then also.....

Nellybank:
Ban them all so I'll be free 😁😁😁
Na dem tongue

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Femi8586(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Palmcredit sent 126k loan to my account wrongly. To pay 190k
I quickly alerted them for immediate reversal of the money, they ignored me. They refused to respond to my chats and messages.

I kept quiet. Time for repayment came, they started troubling me with calls. I said I can never pay for a loan I never requested for. They resorted to threat and others, I just ignored and blocked them.

They threatened sending messages to my contacts. I laughed. That will be the end if they try such.

Unknown to them, most of the contacts they even thought they had are fake contacts. Lol

Before you engage any loan app or grant them permission to ur phone, make sure your main sim cards and contacts, your pictures and other important data linked to u are not on the phone u want to use to engage them.

Get a random sim card, load it with fake contacts and give it names to make it appear real. Names like boss, dad, uncle, bro so so so... Etc they will think they have hammered or have something they can use to defame u.
Cos immediately u grant them permission to ur phone, they have access to ur contacts and they can download or copy it.

If you default and they threatened to defame you, they will only end up calling the wrong or fake numbers with them. At the end, they will calm down and be the one begging u pay them.

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Nellybank(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ban them all so I'll be free 😁😁😁

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Pootle: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
smart move
Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Bubu4Sea: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2023

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Google said before they removed loan apps below 60days repayment,why still seeing this apps defrauding naija

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by mooojy: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
veektor01:
Lol.
Exactly. That's what they do mostly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by LegallyBlunt: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Most of these loan apps listed here consistently pop-up on Nairaland. I wonder why! I hope seun and the mods are not trying to force them down our throats.

You can't advertize 8% and after downloading and requesting for cash it turns to 31%. O wrong nw.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by seunlayi(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Alchemy528:
Lol
All does our dapto kings and queens that rely on loans is all over senior man take over

Sincerely, those apps are not actually helping Nigeria at the long run. Why 12k loan will pay 18k in 2 weeks and peopele won't default? Those who pay back are doing it so that they can be eligible for higher loan that will eventually lead to default

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by BoldBrainz(m): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
I don fvck up!

And this Joy cash app was begging me to take a loan from them. If I had known, I for take am before them deregister the stupid loan app grin.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by Mindlog: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
They would repackage and be back in business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by 6ixVille: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
About time
Re: FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) by dennisworld1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk / Lockdown: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Nigerian Lady Shows Off What It Takes Her To Make Money In A Legit Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.