Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (120862 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Sweetvie: 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
hammed71:
This is the problem I have with nairalanders instead you should allow tensa document his experience for us to learn, but una go use una oversabi scatter everything.
He already said he needed the passport to move to a better and if he decides to stay in Chile forever it's none of our business
I just tire sad they derail the thread

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
Treadway:
the fact is that arrangement exist and it is a special arrangement, and they don't use up their quotas, all of which Gerrard outlined. So, the OP who made his plans based on that knows that it will be easy to take advantage of that opportunity just as the screenshot I sent clearly stated. The opportunity is right there for the taking. End of.
Yeh but this was n ot what that ignorant renter was saying he seems to think one can just wake up and cross to the USA no checks Visa waved, visa is waved for tourism but if u want to work there are further requirement. I had to work in the US last year for just two weeks I needed a Visa even as a British citizen with blue passport, SO you want to tell me Chile has more rights to enter the US more than its colonial fathers' know some people will say their legs have reached a height even where their Head has not reached! Same was said about Brazil, I was there Jan to Feb this year,I met two Nairalanders, they are here still, I dnt want to mention their names as they are work in progress. they were chatting to me and my Mrs.They have tried to travel via road to the US two times failed cos they got robbed, so they are trying to raise money.
Bro you see these routes, do you have any Idea of howmany Nigerians are strandedThey wont say anything they will even encourage you to come when you land eye will clear!But Im not saying all of them though cos people have different level of satisfaction. Som nah that country be heaven!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
erico2k2:

Guy go back to Sleep you no REACH,U be sally ontop this matter. Go play with ur mates run along plz

Liar on all fronts! You were caught boxers down!

I am sure the wall broke since your head is kon kon

Demons lurking around pulling facts from their smelly yansh!

erico2k2:

Yeh but this was n ot what that ignorant renter was saying he seems to think one can just wake up and cross to the USA no checks Visa waved, visa is waved for tourism but if u want to work there are further requirement. I had to work in the US last year for just two weeks I needed a Visa even as a British citizen with blue passport, SO you want to tell me Chile has more rights to enter the US more than its colonial fathers' know some people will say their legs have reached a height even where their Head has not reached! Same was said about Brazil, I was there Jan to Feb this year,I met two Nairalanders, they are here still, I dnt want to mention their names as they are work in ng all of them though cos people have different level of satisfaction. Som nah that country be heaven!

Based on the arrangement by the US government? YES! The fact is there in your eyes. Singaporeans and Australians have higher privileges than British citizens to work in the US. You lied that only Canadians enjoy such, but from the links I provided by the US government - four more countries enjoy the same access. You have lied countless times and should be terribly ashamed of yourself!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by abuhusna1: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
Calitoscassius:
If you want to travela around the world without stress then what you need is British or American passport. Trust me, i know!
Chile passport takes you to almost everywhere british passport can take you

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Liar on all fronts! You were caught boxers down!

I am sure the wall broke since your head is kon kon

Demons lurking around pulling facts from their smelly yansh!

Based on the arrangement by the US government? YES! The fact is there in your eyes. Singaporeans and Australians have higher privileges than British citizens to work in the US. You lied that only Canadians enjoy such, but from the links I provided by the US government - four more countries enjoy the same access. You have lied countless times and should be terribly ashamed of yourself!
You want to be heard, fine you have been heard now do one,I have asked you kindly to go play with ur mates your nor REACH foxtrot Oscar

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Oyetboy(m): 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
Donpre:

Lol.... the fact that you can't see the straight line between relocation and getting a job is funny

its hard competing from here

Lol wait until you get out of Nigeria
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Valwezzy: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
abuhusna1:

Cholesterol passport takes you to almost everywhere british passport can take you

Which one be cholesterol passport again?

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 7:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
sukkot:
its called graffiti and its the signs of a bad ghetto crime and gang infested country . but my guy all the pictures you posted are not impressive at all. you are easily impressed. the country looks cheaply built. imagine cheap childrens play section smack dab in the middle of an airport. the whole country looks cheap. no architecture just boxy buildings. but good luck to you though

Chile is not known for gangs and drugs.

I don't know much about your other assertations but Chile is the richest country in South America. You seem to quickly to condemn the place.

However, the presence of graffiti is worrying
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
You mean it gets harder or easier?
Oyetboy:

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Just 2015? All these Nairaland kids sef
so stop spitting me that ur saliva and do ur suffering alone
Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
Atlantis585:
That one na japa?
Chile that is poorer than Nigeria.
Abeg no let the pictures deceive you ooo.

Nigeria's per capita income is $2,325 (2022)

Chile is $17,800

Chile is a prosperous place

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
nams77:

Nwanne! Congratulations!
I was looking at Brazil one time but come slow down. Do I need to learn the language in Brazil to get study there?

Forget Brazil. It isn't the nicest of places. High crime rate, racism and high income inequality
Re: Memoirs From Chile by SayNo2SmallPrik: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
ELKHALIFAISIS:
I will stop spitting saliva and do the suffering alone
Okay then.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Oyetboy(m): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
You mean it gets harder or easier?

It doesn't get easier
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Yommy247(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
Chile of all country grin grin grin its well
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

Nigeria's per capita income is $2,325 (2022)

Chile is $17,800

Chile is a prosperous place

Nigeria gdp is $440b.
GDP of Chile is $317b.

But but...

Chile's population is 20 million
Nigeria's population is 213 million grin grin

We are as populous as Brazil, but GDP of Brazil is $1.6tr

But Nigeria is heaven and Brazil is shithole. grin

It's funny that a country with boko harram and fulani herdsmen is calling Brazil unsafe.

This is comedy! grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Donpre(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Oyetboy:

So far their unemployment rate is not 33%...

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
Donpre:

So far their unemployment rate is not 33%...

Their unemployment rate is 11 percent and this is actual data. For all we know, the actual unemployment rate in Nigeria could be anywhere in the north of 50 percent.

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
Karleb:

Nigeria gdp is $440b.
GDP of Chile is $317b.

But but...

It's funny that a country with boko harram and fulani herdsmen is calling Brazil unsafe.

This is comedy! grin

Lagos is still relatively safe.

I doubt you can survive in the Oshodi equivalent in San Paulo, Brazil. Someone here already said he had to leave brazil because of the high crime rate.,

If you want to travel to Brazil, please feel free to travel there. I am not discouraging you
Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
RightToReject:

According to you: "In Chile absolutely no one speaks English and I mean it." Stop yarning thrash. You really think that everyone on Nairaland is as myopic as you and your likes are.

More than 8 percent of the Chilean citizens speak English at proficient level. Also, the fact that you believe that you know a country like Brazil, just because you spent less than 48 hours on transit there and might have read a bit about the country, more than some of the people who own thriving companies in the same country shows how conceited you're.

In fact, if only you knew that some Nigerians that run things in the same Chile, both those who live within and outside it, are on this forum. The problem most of you have is that you do take every information you see on Google, Internet in general, on a face value.

My friend calm down.

He might have gotten to that conclusion when he tried talking to people. With time, he would realize he was wrong.

Are there Nigerians doing very well in Chile? If there are many on this tread, they should guide others as well.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

Lagos is still relatively safe.

I doubt you can survive in the Oshodi equivalent in San Paulo, Brazil. Someone here already said he had to leave brazil because of the high crime rate.,

If you want to travel to Brazil, please feel free to travel there. I am not discouraging you

Lagos is one of the most unsafe places in Nigeria. You won't know this if you have never left Lagos.

You mean the same fellow that stayed in Brazil for 2 years and didn't know they spoke Brazilian portuguese and not Spanish? I'd take his take with a pinch of salt.

Brazil is at least 10 times safer than Nigeria and if you were not harmed in Nigeria, there's no harm coming your way in Brazil.

People were leaving Nigeria to seek asylum from boko harram and fulani herdsmen, how many Brazilian are seeking asylum?

How many Olympic games and fifa competitions have been held in Nigeria compared to Brazil? Why is this so? [hint: it has to do with security]

10 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by nams77: 8:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

Forget Brazil. It isn't the nicest of places. High crime rate, racism and high income inequality
Oh really?
Thanks for the info. Any place you can recommend?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
Karleb:

Lagos is one of the most unsafe places in Nigeria. You won't know this if you have never left Lagos.

You mean the same fellow that stayed in Brazil for 2 years and didn't know they spoke Brazilian portuguese and not Spanish? I'd take his take with a pinch of salt.

Brazil is at least 10 times safer than Nigeria and if you were not harmed in Nigeria, there's no harm coming your way in Brazil.

People were leaving Nigeria to seek asylum from boko harram and fulani herdsmen, how many Brazilian are seeking asylum?

How many Olympic games and fifa competitions have been held in Nigeria compared to Brazil? Why is this so? [hint: it has to do with security]

The devil they say is in the details. Yes, we have Boko Haram and killer herdsmen. But are they everywhere? That is the key.

I won't argue with you. I was in the UK in 2014 and 2020 for family reunions/holidays. I came back on March 20,2020, 2 days before the British lockdown.

If you want to travel to Brazil, feel free to.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
Them agbadorians finally found their way here. Anyway I give them till November grin grin grin. My next post will be on getting a visa to chile.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Icesnow(f): 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
Shikena:

grin grin grin grin grin You sure say no be Rio de Janeiro bar in Sambisa Forest you dey for 2 years dey speak Spanish language
Many liars on the thread. Busted. Brazil speak Portuguese

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

The devil they say is in the details. Yes, we have Boko Haram and killer herdsmen. But are they everywhere? That is the key.

I won't argue with you. I was in the UK in 2014 and 2020 for family reunions/holidays. I came back on March 20,2020, 2 days before the British lockdown.

If you want to travel to Brazil, feel free to.

I just pray say make u no be victim.

One of my friends lost his uncle to fulani herdsmen after collecting randsome. There are reports of unknown gunmen killing in Lagos in broad daylight few years ago. What about those that were killed during #EndSARS?

If you are saying killers are not everywhere in Nigeria, how are you insinuating they are everywhere in Brazil?

See bros, Brazil is 10x safer than Nigeria, and that's in the least o.

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Icesnow(f): 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
Major7:
Congratulations bro, wishing you all the very best life has to offer there and don't forget to make us all proud. In-between 2 plots of land for sale at Ara in ilorin adjacent to kwara poly, ilorin east. It has a survey plan and the land deeds also has occupied buildings around it. Selling to raise money for investment rather than doing online begging. Price 1.5m but slightly negotiable. Please interested buyers should quote me for more details. Thanks
interested. Give me your email

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Shikena(m): 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
grin grin grin Just leave my people o

Karleb:

Nigeria gdp is $440b.
GDP of Chile is $317b.

But but...

This is comedy! grin

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Shikena(m): 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
He wasn't referring to the Brazil you know, like his friend he was probably talking about a Spanish-speaking Brazilian beer parlour somewhere in Nigeria.

Karleb:

One of my friends lost his uncle to fulani herdsmen after collecting randsome. There are reports of unknown gunmen killing in Lagos in broad daylight few years ago. What about those that were killed during #EndSARS?

If you are saying killers are not everywhere in Nigeria, how are you insinuating they are everywhere in Brazil?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
nams77:

Oh really?
Thanks for the info. Any place you can recommend?

I am not deep into Japa runs. I am not an expert on but will base things on my knowledge of economics and geography.

You can try Chile, Uruguay, Panama and Trinidad and Tobago.

All 4 have high per capita income.

Chile and Uruguay have low rates of crime and violence.

Panama has a higher crime rate than the firs 2 but still liveable

The cons with the first 3 are that they are Spanish speaking.

Trinidad and Tobago has a bit of a problem with gangs, black gangs. They largely kill each other but still makes it a problem. Perhaps you should seek first-hand advise from people here. Set up a thread and ask questions.

The pros about the country is that it is English speaking. Also, note that the population is split almost equally in half in terms of race: Blacks and Indians. It also has a small population. There's less crime in the Indian areas.

What I notice about people who want to Japa is that they just want to work. Instead, study the Lebanese: They prefer to start their own businesses.

So, rather than focus on work, you could also focus on starting your own business. I am certain selling "asun goatmeat" for instance would do well and I am sure the profit margins would be high. It can just be a small kiosk outside. It is a simple business but you'll be surprise at the profits you'll make.

There's this guy in New York City who sells hotdogs from a hotdog stand. He pays $300 a day to be there. If he pays such an amount, he must be making a heck of a lot of money. Many of these guys ae coded millionaires.

I would advise you to conduct further research on all 4, online and here.

nams77

There several businesses you can go into. These you can find out within a year, Asun was simply an example. You could even import fast selling goods from China

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
Karleb:

No wahala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_1rQ4JR6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ztLtpuwkM

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

No wahala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_1rQ4JR6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ztLtpuwkM

I can produce such video of UK and USA.

That your talk of Nigeria dey safe, make you no go talk am for where boys dey sha. Dem fit tear your shirt!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (48) (Reply)

Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK.

Viewing this topic: importnobl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.