Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,966 members, 7,821,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (121616 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 8:19am On Aug 05, 2023
holyboyz:
Nigeria my country!! So many limitations to battle with.so sad.Thank you for your response Mr, Regex

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Rhisky(m): 8:25am On Aug 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Went out to get my sim card today and everywhere Is so neat and clean even the market is so neat. No papers or anything anywhere.
Congrats to you…

My passport has been awaiting visa since 7th July and I got an NSF mail, I need advice on what to do.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Treasure17(m): 8:26am On Aug 05, 2023
Congratulations Man. God still on the throne.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by millionboi2: 8:32am On Aug 05, 2023
Shantyken:

God bless you everyday of ur life
Amen Amen and Amen
Re: Memoirs From Chile by 1Alex: 8:49am On Aug 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Chile, just like Argentina, has serious inflation problems. When you go to those kinds of countries, you can find it difficult to save and invest so as a foreigner. Remember, these countries have strict tax systems in place as well unlike here . I am not stating what is not already out there, the major problem Chile has is inflation and the value there still does not tell the whole story

Oga go through this.

https://versus.com/en/chile-vs-nigeria

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by qtguru(m): 8:55am On Aug 05, 2023
Regex:

So long as your country is not Nigeria and or black Africa except South Africa, you can secure a remote job anywhere.

It's really serious even with all my experience, it's hard to find a job too.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by SayNo2SmallPrik: 9:06am On Aug 05, 2023
ELKHALIFAISIS:
clown I live abroad since 2015 unah voted for one mugu to lead Nigeria ... unah never see anything for that useless Nigeria
Just 2015? All these Nairaland kids sef

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kemadealadire(f): 9:07am On Aug 05, 2023
Good luck out there.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2023
qtguru:

That's the black Africa for you.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by qtguru(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2023
Regex:

That's the black Africa for you.

not for long, I'll be out of here, I fear for devs in Nigeria, relocating is getting expensive by the day.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by emmyN(m): 9:43am On Aug 05, 2023
qtguru:

Have you tried using Wellfound (formerly Angellist)? You can use the filter option to search for remote-only jobs. They have a good response rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2023
qtguru:

not for long, I'll be out of here, I fear for devs in Nigeria, relocating is getting expensive by the day.

True.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by qtguru(m): 9:50am On Aug 05, 2023
emmyN:

Have you tried using Wellfound (formerly Angellist)? You can use the filter option to search for remote-only jobs. They have a good response rate.

Yes I have but I'll keep at it, for now it's algorithm

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Obierika(m): 10:49am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

That is because when one leaves Nigeria and sees how things are, those with sane minds get angry. The day I went to the city centre here in Japan (not Tokyo), I almost cried! I was so angry within myself and I wondered, do these people have two heads? Why is it more developed than Nigeria? Why is everything working non-stop? Why is it so clean? Why is it so safe? Why don't they take off electricity? Why are the roads tarred? Why are the streetlights/traffic lights working non-stop? Why are children as young as 5 years old using the trains without issues? Why are young girls walking aimlessly by midnight without fear?!

Honestly, I don't wish to see a Nigerian politician physically, I would be forced to land him a punch on his face!

It was not only politicians that spoilt Nigeria, all Nigerians are complicit including those of you that have fled abroad!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 10:53am On Aug 05, 2023
Atlantis585:
That one na japa?
Chile that is poorer than Nigeria.
Abeg no let the pictures deceive you ooo.

Don't write what you know nothing. Chile ìs probably the most prosperous country in South America in terms of per capita income.

Chileans and Uraguarians hardly emigrate, the country it shares the battle for first position with.

It is probably about 8 times richer than Nigeria in terms of per capita income.

Those "Chicago boys" achieved nothing less than a miracle there.

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Longinyamapucci(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Mention other third world country that enjoy visa free access to the US and its labour market.

Mention one.

P.S. If Chile is a third-world country, Nigeria is 10th world.

Most of you are Nigerians only by birth but you belong to another useless nation by Spirit.. oya mention things that Chile people are proud and I mention two things that makes us prouder...Chile is as useless as Nicaragua.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 11:19am On Aug 05, 2023
Offpointng:

Like no jobs for foreigners??

If you find a job, it won't pay well. It isn't a rich country.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by bomsyvic: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2023
I want to move to Chile this year. But, I was informed about legalizing my certificate of background in Accra. Please, how did you go about the whole visa application process and the time frame before your trip. Hopefully we can meet in Chile this year. Thanks
Re: Memoirs From Chile by IbeOkehie: 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2023
erico2k2:

I have alwasy educated young men in my area if your money Long reach N4 to N5m and you cannot make it to Europe or North America, plz stay 9ja do any Biz.Unless U wan go sell the white stuff and its brothers then your life don truly bend

LOL, there's MANY threads from as far back as 2008 where people were giving this same advice. 🤣 Has Nigeria gotten better or worse since then?

erico2k2:

Bross calm down nah men dey live for Banana sland and area 1 Abj, nah dem dey run things,E bad E bad men dey ground still.

Yes we know there are rich people in Nigeria. The REAL question is how many? What is the PROBABILITY of living at a world middle class standard in Nigeria? Nigeria is the Poverty Capital of The World for goodness sake.

Anyone on this thread must also note the man explicitly told everyone that Chile is a stepping stone to the USA or Canada. That's the more important point.

Good Luck to Nigerians!

6 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
wwwtortoise:

Chief,
I’m in Scotland, UK.
I’m using this location as a springboard to make major move in the nearest future. Came in via Tier 4 visa on a postgraduate course that I got 7k scholarship and £500 monthly upkeep (10months installment).

Scotland has everything England has except crowd and high cost of living. Affordable rent, cheap food, pocket friendly transportation cost, just name it.
I’m not saying it’s all rosy here but by Gods grace I have made some decisions that made things easy for me over here. From job to accommodation to friends . . .

The mistake most people make is thinking ‘japa’ is an immediate game changer lol.
For smart people it’s a long game to play just like planting. You till the ground and plant the seed, believe nature to provide good sunshine and rain, then get ready for harvest.

I’m sure you get what I’m driving at.

How did you come by this scholarship?

Is it a yearly thing, what are the requirements?

By the way, congratulations on your japa!

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Moutine(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
Waoh. Would love to japa b4 dx year runs out.

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Roger3D(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Was it a student visa?

If it was, when did you graduate and what was your grade?

Go the Nairaland German student page and see fellow Nigerians complaining about how they have to attend online classes while awaiting their visa interview dates (not a guarantee they'd be issued the visa). The dates are one year into the program. Effectively, when they are issued the dates, they only have six months to do on-site lectures in Germany. These are undeniable facts.

That is a major reason people opt for the UK instead of Germany even though the latter has free tuition.
You might be right about the student's thing but I came on a work Visa at the behest of the German government themselves. Only top politicians, diplomats and people with very serious health issues get to be interviewed at the embassy in Abuja. Everyone else must go to the consulate in Lagos and hence the extended waiting time. Henceforth I will not entertain any questions on this matter except for those who are seriously interested in relocating here. Goodbye

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by noob03saibot(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Eyah grin grin. Which one did your principal build?
hahahahahaha! Lol! Tensa won't kill me with laughter. Congrats man. You are one of my inspirations here on nairaland. And one of the reasons I come in to read messages. Congratulations, from your write ups, I can tell this is not yet your final destination. But a solid stepping stone if you asked me.
One question, do you still work remote as a web developer?

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by floret23(f): 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

This is not the capital o.

Chai! The white man spread his seeds almost everywhere, and in those places he is dominant, they are prosperous. The White man has issues, especially with black people. But he has done well to build successful and functioning societies for his offspring to live
Who is this white man and what is his origin? Why did he get things right while the black man always get it wrong?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by floret23(f): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One thing I noticed here is that their apartment blocks are multi storey and rental cost are cheap. Agbadorians go dey shout tinubu built Lagos but they can't afford to live in eko Atlantic and that's all they chant as achievements
I'm happy you know that Agbadorians are enemies of progress. Because they have connection to get crumbs from politicians, they want others to remain in this shithole.

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Omini247: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
Stephaniegold:

Pls help a brother....I will pay

Can you see but you create account as babe

10 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2023
IbeOkehie:

LOL, there's MANY threads from as far back as 2018 where people were giving this same advice. 🤣 Has Nigeria gotten better or worse since then?

Yes we know there are rich people in Nigeria. The REAL question is how many? What is the PROBABILITY of living at a world middle class standard in Nigeria? Nigeria is the Poverty Capital of The World for goodness sake.

Anyone on this thread must also note the man explicitly told everyone that Chile is a stepping stone to the USA or Canada. That's the more important point.

Good Luck to Nigerians!
Listen as a youth I left Nigeria in 1999/2000 , for the UK , it was even harder than to go to the UK,I had the same mindset but guess what, when you have lived long abroad as I have done, you will change and realize you do not need any of them govt to survive in Nigeria as a matter of fact, the same thing goes for the so-called politicians, vast majority of them lived years abroad. You will be in a moral state to be able to provide for yourself what govt cannot provide for you. The there is this other thing about Africa that even the westerners are attracted to, you to will be attracted to it.Let me stop here.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Just 2015? All these Nairaland kids sef
ABi ohhh lol
Re: Memoirs From Chile by haybhi1(m): 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

Flee from Argentina. It is a perennial basket case. Please Google "ten highest inflation rates in the world". Did you know that $1 was 1peso on 1991. Find the value now.
Oh. Thank you. Please when people have useful knowledge like this, let them share always.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Purvan(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
qtguru:

Job by referral fit help you if you day network
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Purvan(m): 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2023
qtguru:

Relocation no be the goal

Make person see job fess

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (48) (Reply)

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. / Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.