Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (121653 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 3:58am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

L I E S! You people have been so used to inhaling generator fumes it is now affecting how you donkeys think. Chile is not Turkey or Tunisia, or even Spain. Spaniards relocate to Chile due to Spain's high youth unemployment rate, but Chileans NEVER relocate to Spain. Even Mexicans never relocate to Spain. Only poor Venezuelans do.
Spanish? small small Lie on this one biko grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 4:00am On Aug 05, 2023
Karleb:
Nigerians are funny sha. cheesy

Even when you show them the way, they'll still choose to willingly go astray.

It's even good that they don't want that side of the world, make them go dey queue for UK embassy.

It's just reflect our choices of leaders. We make terrible choices and pray for a messiah.

Like I told him earlier today, in the future, I prefer countries that are prosperous but have few black people. It tells me something. Facts are stated on the Internet - undeniable facts, yet people say otherwise. How is Nigeria richer than Chile yet the latter enjoys an open door access to the US labour market? Only five countries do. FIVE countries o. If I was him, I won't divulge Chile at all. They should be determined as I was. Good thing the visa is hard to come by sef.

If the white man should ever lose global dominance, let the Chinese man take over. Black man no be am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 4:04am On Aug 05, 2023
Roger3D:
I got a visa to Germany in 48 hours and that's no lie

Was it a student visa?

If it was, when did you graduate and what was your grade?

Go the Nairaland German student page and see fellow Nigerians complaining about how they have to attend online classes while awaiting their visa interview dates (not a guarantee they'd be issued the visa). The dates are one year into the program. Effectively, when they are issued the dates, they only have six months to do on-site lectures in Germany. These are undeniable facts.

That is a major reason people opt for the UK instead of Germany even though the latter has free tuition.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 4:16am On Aug 05, 2023
NoToPile:

I don't know how the bolded is so difficult to do.

Nawa.

If you travel and want to share your story do and if you want to congratulate, do so and move on but naah...

Most threads about japa are the same cycle.

That is because when one leaves Nigeria and sees how things are, those with sane minds get angry. The day I went to the city centre here in Japan (not Tokyo), I almost cried! I was so angry within myself and I wondered, do these people have two heads? Why is it more developed than Nigeria? Why is everything working non-stop? Why is it so clean? Why is it so safe? Why don't they take off electricity? Why are the roads tarred? Why are the streetlights/traffic lights working non-stop? Why are children as young as 5 years old using the trains without issues? Why are young girls walking aimlessly by midnight without fear?!

Honestly, I don't wish to see a Nigerian politician physically, I would be forced to land him a punch on his face!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 4:25am On Aug 05, 2023
Longinyamapucci:

Continue lying, Maybe you went to local airport in Italy.

Chile is still a third world country my friend, nothing special.

Mention other third world country that enjoy visa free access to the US and its labour market.

Mention one.

P.S. If Chile is a third-world country, Nigeria is 10th world.

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 4:32am On Aug 05, 2023
erico2k2:

I dont think you understand what the no visa policy really means, for example the EU citizens can come and go as they like to the Uk but can they work and do Biz?Might just be fr tourism though. As it stands As a UK citizen I cant just pack up and go to US to work, I got to apply for certain stuff and it takes time B4 I can have the full rights to work there.

That is the difference with Chile. Chileans have an open door access to the US labour market. They are treated differently, and very few Chileans actually move to the US. That means the Chilean passport is stronger than the British passport since it allows one access to a lucrative job market. As a black person, the US is the best place to earn more money than elsewhere. Even if one pushes trucks for a living, one earns more doing so in the US than anywhere else.

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by sageb: 4:45am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

An Agbadorian.

Clip your filthy fingers. You are a worthless creature!

You just finish the guy
So funny
Re: Memoirs From Chile by sageb: 4:46am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

An Agbadorian.

Clip your filthy fingers. You are a worthless creature!

You just finish the guy
So funny😂

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by adecz: 5:29am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Chile is safer than Nigeria. That is an undeniable fact. As a Nigerian, you have no moral right to accuse others of racial discrimination. You lots are tribal demons! Better hobnobbing with racists in Chile that is prosperous than residing with tribal demons in the world's poverty capital!

Meaning foreign demons are better
that local demons.

A Nigerian with a chronic case of
colonial hangover and mentality❗️❗️❗️
😂😁😀😀😁😂

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Mbaise2gr8: 5:30am On Aug 05, 2023
CHILE IS GREAT. BECOME A CITIZEN IN FEW YEARS, GET FREE ACCESS TO MANY COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD INCLUDING, THE USA.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by PepeXKermit: 5:48am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

L I E S! You people have been so used to inhaling generator fumes it is now affecting how you donkeys think. Chile is not Turkey or Tunisia, or even Spain. Spaniards relocate to Chile due to Spain's high youth unemployment rate, but Chileans NEVER relocate to Spain. Even Mexicans never relocate to Spain. Only poor Venezuelans do.

Ok oo
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Offpointng: 5:54am On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

Hunger go finish you for Peru except you go into business
Like no jobs for foreigners??
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Offpointng: 5:58am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

That is because when one leaves Nigeria and sees how things are, those with sane minds get angry. The day I went to the city centre here in Japan (not Tokyo), I almost cried! I was so angry within myself and I wondered, do these people have two heads? Why is it more developed than Nigeria? Why is everything working non-stop? Why is it so clean? Why is it so safe? Why don't they take off electricity? Why are the roads tarred? Why are the streetlights/traffic lights working non-stop? Why are children as young as 5 years old using the trains without issues? Why are young girls walking aimlessly by midnight without fear?!

Honestly, I don't wish to see a Nigerian politician physically, I would be forced to land him a punch on his face!

Tearfully it sad brother. 21st century make 9ja dey suffer electricity issue, it's not heard

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by drealsheggs: 6:08am On Aug 05, 2023
I can teach you Spanish language.
In 30 days you will be able to speak and understand Spanish language.

Note: This is for beginners and elementary level.
The class is virtual.

Hasta luego!

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 6:26am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

That is the difference with Chile. Chileans have an open door access to the US labour market. They are treated differently, and very few Chileans actually move to the US. That means the Chilean passport is stronger than the British passport since it allows one access to a lucrative job market. As a black person, the US is the best place to earn more money than elsewhere. Even if one pushes trucks for a living, one earns more doing so in the US than anywhere else.
You got that one wrong there, the only country in the world who can cross over to work in the USA without work Visa is Canada end off not even the Uk as I needed such to carry out work for just two weeks as a British citizen!
The Chileans as well as 38 other countries need iVisa to get into the US and its for 90days Only, it can be gotten as easy as in 4 hours. It doesn't allow you to work. If you need work you will need a different kind of visa and reject rate high just like everywhere else xcept you got exceptional skills needed.
This was a question asked by a Chilean after the earthwake

Q1. I am a Chilean national and cannot return to Chile at this time due to the earthquake. My allowed time to stay in the United States is expiring or about to expire. What are my options? Can I work during my stay in the US?
A1. If you wish to change or extend your non-immigrant status, you may request an extension if you meet the existing criteria for your specific non-immigrant category. If you are a B-1 or B-2 visitor, you may apply for a six-month extension on the basis that the events of Feb. 27, 2010 earthquake and its aftermath make you unable to return to Chile at this time. Although B-1 and B-2 visitors may receive an extension under these special considerations, they are not authorized to work in the United States. Normally, an extension application must be filed before the authorized stay expires. According to existing guidelines, USCIS may accept applications for change of status or extension of stay after the period of authorized admission has expired. No waiver of this filing fee is available.

https://www.uscis.gov/archive/uscis-reminds-chilean-nationals-of-immigration-benefits-available-questions-and-answers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:42am On Aug 05, 2023
Chile hard to japa o,congrats

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by nnamdi640: 7:15am On Aug 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Internet infrastructure in Chile is very developed. Honestly if not for making calls you can live without getting a sim card. There's literally internet everywhere. From the airport to taxis to trains to buses to restaurants. Just putting up your wifi on any streets brings like 3 free wifi networks and this isn't even the capital city. The capital is Santiago and that's like 7 hours from here. Internet here is also very very fast. Screenshot is from the wifi at the Airbnb I am staying at
Our politicians just turned our country to hell for us, I just pity those that support them and fight for them. I don't even know what we are enjoying in this country called Nigeria. Hope your job is ready in Chile?

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Mrniceguy001: 7:31am On Aug 05, 2023
erico2k2:

well true but they are still quite small compared to the Heathrow's and JFKs though
in beauty and grandeur, No winkbut in size...yea.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 7:40am On Aug 05, 2023
Mrniceguy001:
in beauty and grandeur, No winkbut in size...yea.
I don't think you have been to any of the Terminals mentioned in the Uk and the US btw why use your fake profile to respond on here why not come out the real you? who you hiding from?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Mrniceguy001: 7:46am On Aug 05, 2023
erico2k2:

I don't think you have been to any of the Terminals mentioned in the Uk and the US btw why use your fake profile to respond on here why not come out the real you? who you hiding from?

grin hahaha 🤣 😅 see this Adamu... I have nothing to gain by bantering with a complete stranger who I know has never left his village in Nigeria.... Face your Agbado master and eat your corn 🌽 in peace.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 7:48am On Aug 05, 2023
Mrniceguy001:

grin hahaha 🤣 😅 see this Adamu... I have nothing to gain by bantering with a complete stranger who I know has never left his village in Nigeria.... Face your Agbado master and eat your corn 🌽 in peace.
Exactly did npt xpect anything less as a response from low budget wanna be now do us a favour foxtrot oscar

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by lastkingsman: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

It's actually Australia for any type of Job and US for top professional high skill job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:54am On Aug 05, 2023
Thesame shithole you'll cry to for help when you're shown you worth NOTHING by your host?

Very unreasonable lots
Ayinke93:
The eagle has finally landed. Congrats. I think it'll be nice to give details about how to move to Chile. Help us all get out of this shithole grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by lastkingsman: 7:56am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Well, I don't your frustrations and support your one on one with Nigeria politicians. Avoid nyesom Wike sha 😁grin
Re: Memoirs From Chile by lastkingsman: 8:01am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Chile is safer than Nigeria. That is an undeniable fact. As a Nigerian, you have no moral right to accuse others of racial discrimination. You lots are tribal demons! Better hobnobbing with racists in Chile that is prosperous than residing with tribal demons in the world's poverty capital!

When PO told them that poverty is a critical component of insecurity, them no understand. When PO stressed the importance of HDI they were busy shouting IGR.

Just compare Chiles GDP per Capita and HDI with Nigeria own and you will laugh in Balablue 😁grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by lastkingsman: 8:03am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

These are the demons i talked about!

Show us where Chileans and Brazilians are jumping the fences at Mexico to enter the US?! So Chileans would jump the fence yet enjoy visa free access to the US and its labour market? Brazillans have less than 20% visa refusal rate to the US, YET the same Brazillians are jumping fences into the US? A university-educated Mexican only needs to apply for a TN visa to work in the US, YET Mexicans are jumping fences? Do you know what it means to enjoy visa free access to the US? Do you know what it means to enjoy free access to the US labour market? Only five countries do and Mexico and Chile are among them.

You are confusing Guatemalans, El Salvadorans and Venezuelans for Chileans and Brazilians. A Chilean passport holder HAS unfettered ACCESS TO THE US AND ITS LABOUR MARKET. THIS IS AN UNDENIABLE FACT!

You people are cruel and wicked! Terrible demons! Spits!!!!!

The reason why Chile tuition is not cheap is to keep their poor neighbors you mentioned systematically out. Lmao
Re: Memoirs From Chile by lastkingsman: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Yet Chileans enjoys OPEN access to the US and Canadian labour market and are not even using it Do you know the struggle countries go through to be included in the US Visa Waiver Program? Waiver program o as it does not offer access to the labour market. Only five countries have unfettered access to the US labour market - Mexico, Canada, Chile, Australia and Singapore. For a black person, the US is the only place to earn more money than anywhere else.

For Australia, is it with their pr or citizenship?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by holyboyz(m): 8:05am On Aug 05, 2023
I am one of the young folks you have inspired with your tech epistles.congrats and more wins smiley smiley.Sir pls I want to ask: can one secure a remote job from USA for instance,with the Chile temporary/permanent resident permit that you got as a student in Chile?
If this is possible,is it as a full time remote employee or as an independent contractor?( Mr airsalongcome usually say he adopted the independent contractor method in Nigeria due to Nigeria limitations,but is it also like that in Chile?)
Your response is vital sir.thank you

tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

Second is the airport in concepcion.

Third is my Uber ride from the airport to my Airbnb

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Chibuezem(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

Second is the airport in concepcion.

Third is my Uber ride from the airport to my Airbnb

I tap into your grace brother.... Go make us proud..... Don't hide your identity as a Nigerian...... We love you bro.....

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2023
17 pages gone and all that is filled in it is the back and forth of Chile is a third world and all.

Someone made a choice and did his due diligence browsing it. Tensazangetsu20 and I has come a long way. Dude has been researching even before I left Nigeria to UK, he asked me lots of questions regarding the UK and is an avid American lover. Although I would not be surprised if he decides to stay back in Chile. He researched everything and the only downside to his journey was the language barrier which he has taken care of. So why don't you naysayers for the love of God keep whatever you have to say to yourself. He is a grown man and has made his choice. Abi everybody go choose the same thing? Una weh sabi wetin good una no use am choose better government, na for person pocket una now sabi where good. Ontop him money...

He made his bed, let him lie on it. He will not call any of you to fix it if he discovers he didn't make his bed well.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2023
holyboyz:
I am one of the young folks you have inspired with your tech epistles.congrats and more wins smiley smiley.Sir pls I want to ask: can one secure a remote job from USA for instance,with the Chile temporary/permanent resident permit that you got as a student in Chile?
If this is possible,is it as a full time remote employee or as an independent contractor?( Mr airsalongcome usually say he adopted the independent contractor method in Nigeria due to Nigeria limitations,but is it also like that in Chile?)
Your response is vital sir.thank you

So long as your country is not Nigeria and or black Africa except South Africa, you can secure a remote job anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by holyboyz(m): 8:18am On Aug 05, 2023
Nigeria my country!! So many limitations to battle with.so sad.Thank you for your response Mr, Regex

Regex:

So long as your country is not Nigeria and or black Africa except South Africa, you can secure a remote job anywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.