Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,859 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (119782 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by gforce5: 3:09pm On Feb 19
Nah, if he mistakenly drops his email here, it will be flooded with numerous requests about how he managed to emigrate out of the country. Mosts of their insults are a cry for attention. I know how they think.
pocohantas:

They are just jealous. I can assure you that if Tensa drops an email address to answer all their questions, same people would stylishly message him. They know what they are doing.

6 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Bisoyeyetty(m): 4:36am On Feb 21
Hi
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Bisoyeyetty(m): 4:37am On Feb 21
Hello
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Bisoyeyetty(m): 4:37am On Feb 21
Can you shed more light.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Bisoyeyetty(m): 4:40am On Feb 21
gforce5:
Nah, if he mistakenly drops his email here, it will be flooded with numerous requests about how he managed to emigrate out of the country. Mosts of their insults are a cry for attention. I know how they think.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by mikky47: 3:43pm On Mar 18
[quote author=ecograce
post=126272728]
Please can I get your contact as regards to the Chile tourist visa I need to ask you some questions cos I also applied too am yet to get decision.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Esiman(m): 7:33pm On Mar 27
He'll end up well. Find it hard to believe some of you sometimes.
DrAkpa:

Am still here to see how the OP ends up

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by babakb: 9:16pm On Mar 27
DrAkpa:

You sound so deranged grin grin grin

OP is already fluent in Spanish and in a short while he will obtain Permanent Residence of Chile, and you're still here waiting to see how the OP ends up

You go wait tire!!!

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by GlobeTrotter2: 10:20am On Mar 28
DrAkpa:

this is a classic example of bad belle!!

I live in south America and I can tell you Chille is an amazing country. The OP made the right move and he will never regret. You on the other hand, I'm not so sure

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by dreaonit: 7:40am On Apr 06
What about Uruguary?

GlobeTrotter2:
this is a classic example of bad belle!!

I live in south America and I can tell you Chille is an amazing country. The OP made the right move and he will never regret. You on the other hand, I'm not so sure
Re: Memoirs From Chile by GlobeTrotter2: 10:59am On Apr 06
dreaonit:
What about Uruguary?

Uruguay is a nice country and they also have a great passport and immigration system. It may be difficult to get there as a Nigerian though

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by DrAkpa(m): 10:37pm On Apr 25
Hmmn
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:53pm On Apr 25
GlobeTrotter2:
Uruguay is a nice country and they also have a great passport and immigration system. It may be difficult to get there as a Nigerian though

Uruguay is also very expensive. It's the Switzerland of south America. A very rich but very expensive country to live in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Manutd19: 2:10pm On Apr 27
Tezan,

How do I contact you privately, please?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27
Manutd19:
Tezan,

How do I contact you privately, please?

Ask what you need here.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Bongadu: 4:58pm On Apr 27
dreaonit:
What about Uruguary?

Why not Paraguay?? They'll accept you with open arms
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27
Bongadu:

Why not Paraguay?? They'll accept you with open arms

Paraguay economy is too small. I rather advise Colombia than Paraguay especially if you have tech skills and looking for a job. I get recruiters from Colombia calling my phone everyday and sending me messages on LinkedIn for jobs.

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by mrjojo: 6:46pm On Apr 27
tensazangetsu20:

Ask what you need here.
Nice thread, you insight on traveling is always a refreshing well done. What Advice would you give a young couple currently in the UK, wife is a student(almost done) Husband (intermediate Spanish speaker) is a logistic manager trying to cross into Tech Machine learning . Since the UK keep changing the goal post, it will be wise to have a plan B.
Options

- Move to Canada or Australia Via PR (husband has 8 years experience logistic manager in Nigeria, Wife 4 years Digital Marketing)
- Give birth in Mexico >> PR >> Spain (Eu Passport)

Thanks
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27
mrjojo:
Nice thread, you insight on traveling is always a refreshing well done. What Advice would you give a young couple currently in the UK, wife is a student(almost done) Husband (intermediate Spanish speaker) is a logistic manager trying to cross into Tech Machine learning . Since the UK keep changing the goal post, it will be wise to have a plan B.
Options

- Move to Canada or Australia Via PR (husband has 8 years experience logistic manager in Nigeria, Wife 4 years Digital Marketing)
- Give birth in Mexico >> PR >> Spain (Eu Passport)

Thanks

First thing first, I will advise you to really polish your tech skills really well. Machine learning itself isn't an entry level tech role. You are better off looking for things like data analytics or engineering but those are quite competitive at entry level since everyone bought the AI hype and is quite interested in data science.

If you can get Australian or Canadian pr then you should go for it as you will easily settle and integrate in both countries.

If your wife is pregnant and you have the money, then giving birth in mexico is a good option as you immediately get permanent residency and citizenship in 2 years which also has a lot of options for you. I don't know how the logistics field is in mexico but the tech industry in mexico is very solid with regards to availability of jobs.

8 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by mrjojo: 7:50pm On Apr 27
tensazangetsu20:

First thing first, I will advise you to really polish your tech skills really well. Machine learning itself isn't an entry level tech role. You are better off looking for things like data analytics or engineering but those are quite competitive at entry level since everyone bought the AI hype and is quite interested in data science.

If you can get Australian or Canadian pr then you should go for it as you will easily settle and integrate in both countries.

If your wife is pregnant and you have the money, then giving birth in mexico is a good option as you immediately get permanent residency and citizenship in 2 years which also has a lot of options for you. I don't know how the logistics field is in mexico but the tech industry in mexico is very solid with regards to availability of jobs.
Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes Data analytics/BI entry Role is extremely competitive now, hence why gunning for Machine learning , What skil do you think l will set one aside, I'm thinking learning Scala instead of python, learn Mongodb instead of Sql. There is less Competition In Niches.

And Canada learning French to increase score take time, hence why the Mexico option is looking more feasible due to knowledge of Spanish
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27
mrjojo:
Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes Data analytics/BI entry Role is extremely competitive now, hence why gunning for Machine learning , What skil do you think l will set one aside, I'm thinking learning Scala instead of python, learn Mongodb instead of Sql. There is less Competition In Niches.

And Canada learning French to increase score take time, hence why the Mexico option is looking more feasible due to knowledge of Spanish

I rarely advise People on skills but since you are in the data industry I will advise you to look at things like snow flake. I have seen a lot of job adverts for it in latin america.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Bongadu: 8:01pm On Apr 27
mrjojo:

Scala requires lots of experience

Better start with with database admin then scale up to DevOps after gaining experience well
Re: Memoirs From Chile by lastkingsman: 9:27pm On Apr 27
tensazangetsu20:

How is PhD program in Mexico like for someone currently in UK?

Australia just woke up and removed psw for 35yrs+ with no transition period. UK (their big brother) is currently reviewing psw visa with potential restrictions and removal. The salary threshold is forcing a lot of company to shun international students/foreign hire. Only care sector can sponsor without threshold.

I need alternatives and options (especially for Latin America). Currently doing Msc computer sc here
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:29pm On Apr 27
lastkingsman:

Australia just woke up and removed psw for 35yrs+ with no transition period. UK (their big brother) is currently reviewing psw visa with potential restrictions and removal. The salary threshold is forcing a lot of company to shun international students/foreign hire. Only care sector can sponsor without threshold.

I need alternatives and options (especially for Latin America). Currently doing Msc computer sc here

I know it will definitely be in Spanish Sha. Here in Chile, PhD programs are in Spanish but a PhD is a waste of time to me to be honest. Why bother yourself to do a PhD when you can be working and making money.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kelechi009: 8:00am On Apr 28
lastkingsman:

Lmaooo i hollered, crazy ass country. I do not know what anyone sees in Australia, I never liked that country with their nonsense wild animals. Very far in distance from any where except New Zealand.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:14am On Apr 28
Kelechi009:

Lmaooo i hollered, crazy ass country. I do not know what anyone sees in Australia, I never liked that country with their nonsense wild animals. Very far in distance from any where except New Zealand.

Me like this, na only US I want from Chile. I feel apart from the US, there's no country in the world better than Chile especially with the horrible stories I am hearing from folks in other countries especially in Europe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kelechi009: 8:18am On Apr 28
tensazangetsu20:

Me like this, na only US I want from Chile. I feel apart from the US, there's no country in the world better than Chile especially with the horrible stories I am hearing from folks in other countries especially in Europe.

You're right, the tax system in EU is crippling and Canada is not any better. Only country where people thrive easily is US of A.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by lastkingsman: 9:33am On Apr 28
Kelechi009:

The country sharp. I rate it closely behind US for migrants. The problem is politicians are looking for votes from real owners of the country and as their recent policies are paining us (migrants) e dey sweet indigenes. Lol

UK politicians are doing the same

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Bongadu: 1:12pm On Apr 28
lastkingsman:

The country sharp. I rate it closely behind US for migrants. The problem is politicians are looking for votes from real owners of the country and as their recent policies are paining us (migrants) e dey sweet indigenes. Lol

Australia is shit

Eastern Europe, South America and south Asia should be the target for migrants in their 20s
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28
Kelechi009:

Salaries are pretty high, but yes, it is too far from where one can meet friends and families.

Not like I am any different sef. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by DrAkpamudehe: 1:34pm On Apr 28
lastkingsman:

The country sharp, but getting paper is not a walk in the park
Re: Memoirs From Chile by lastkingsman: 2:04pm On Apr 28
DrAkpamudehe:

The country sharp, but getting paper is not a walk in the park

Getting US paper too is not easy

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.