Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,808 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (119779 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by GlobeTrotter2: 4:55pm On Jan 02
Schoolshooter:

Which side of Brazil you day ??

Things day happen for San Paulo
I live in Sao Paulo
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 6:30pm On Jan 02
GlobeTrotter2:
pre Christmas was really busy and fun here in Brazil. ....but Christmas day.. chai

😂 😂 😂
Re: Memoirs From Chile by 3434tunde(m): 11:40am On Jan 04
Bro please I sent you a mail from here. I really need tell you something please. hit me email on tunscanyrapheart@yahoo.com.
tensazangetsu20:

Christmas here is really dull lol. It was my first anyway. My closest friends traveled a day before Christmas so I just had to manage it like that
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Susan210: 11:51am On Jan 06
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah they spend the day indoors with family. New year was different though. A bit more fun than Christmas day

Good day tensazangetsu20, I recently got an offer to travel to Chile and I like to have conversation with you. Kindly reply my pm. Thank you.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by onatisi(m): 7:24am On Jan 25
but to be candid , some south American countries are very very very good and many people from the usa and some other western countries are moving to those south america countries ,

the issue here is the purpose of travelling , if your purpose of travelling is to hustle and work , then you may have to choose another destination , but the op is a student and he is ok.
i believe that purpose of travelling actually dictates and determines where one should go , i have seen many people who decided against going to Europe but rather went to ghana , gabon and namibia , morocco and they are doing very very well, and these ppl yearly go to usa and London for vacations . so purpose determines destination

DrAkpa:
We will keep educating young people on this thread to be careful about making high risk moves to a country such as Chile, that they would regret.

No matter the threats, insults and curses from the O.P, we will not relent.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by qtguru(m): 3:03pm On Jan 26
I say make i comment on my OG topic, hope you good bro ?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:36pm On Jan 27
qtguru:

I dey o.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:42pm On Jan 27
First semester ended today, 5 more to go. When I was coming I was so scared especially with the idea of studying In Spanish but so far so good. If I maintain my grades as they are, I would be finishing with a maximum distinction or as they call it here distinción máxima.

I am so glad I made the move when I did. I don't think I spent up to 8 million for everything. Paid my full tuition fee and paid a year's worth of rent. To move to Chile from Nigeria now will cost at least 16 to 20 million. Also, legalising your documents will be a huge challenge. Ghana has stopped accepting Nigerian documents due to the high amount of fake documents so you would need to travel to Kenya to do it or Argentina.

I am surprised especially when I read from those in the west about how hard it is to get menial jobs here in Chile you can get any menial job today if you want but those jobs pay only minimum wage and are only enough to sort out rent and food. The good thing especially if you are in tech and have the right skills, there's a lot of opportunities here but I will say If you are in tech, you need to bring your A game. Interviews here aren't like how they are in Nigeria especially If you haven't worked at top faang like firms. Interviews here are much more difficult. My tech bros will understand.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Lordally1: 8:35pm On Feb 04
Kelechi009:

Your name looks familiar like you're a programmer, wouldn't it be better to use your msc time for internships instead, so you can get a good IT job straight out of school assuming they retain you in one of those internships, instead of just working for money.

You can't get internships on a student visa here.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Lordally1: 8:37pm On Feb 04
wwwtortoise:

UK work experience is not a prerequisite to land a job here in Scotland for a part-time work.

Glasgow is to Scotland what Lagos is to Nigeria. So you’ll have plenty of job options.

National Insurance (NiNo), ShareCode, and BRP are the basic documents employers demand irrespective of the job or location and you can’t get those without touching down here 1st.

But if you have an address you can start applying on ‘UK indeed’ so you hit the ground running on interviews as soon as you arrive.

Goodluck chief !

Ps: Apologies Tensazangetsu20 It is not my intention to derail your thread.

Hello bro... I was banned on my other account so I had to look for a way to log in with this account.

I've been in Scotland for 5 months plus and honestly, jobs plenty die, but as a student, it's not easy getting jobs. One has to keep on applying here and there.

Honestly when one will begin to enjoy this place is when you can now work full time.

Thanks a lot bro

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Mcslize: 10:10pm On Feb 04
Ayinke93:
The eagle has finally landed. Congrats. I think it'll be nice to give details about how to move to Chile. Help us all get out of this shithole grin grin grin

Don't get out of Nigeria. Nigeria is an amazing country to stay. Everything is working in this country called Nigeria. What else do you people want? There is constant light, our roads are good, the government is working, standard of living is pretty good.

Poverty is not in existence. There is quality education. What about the good health care system we all enjoy in Nigeria? If you ask me, I will say stay back in Nigeria, you and every other patriotic Nigerians will make it big in this country because trust me when I say, Nigeria is heaven on earth. It's no wonder it's called the giant of Africa!

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Mcslize: 10:24pm On Feb 04
emmaodet:
Congratulations bro.

More pussy to your golden dick.
Please, be a good ambassador of Nigeria over there.
Hopefully, we will come to play with you over there on vacation one of these years to come.

grin grin grin grin grin yeye.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by AngelicBeing: 11:07pm On Feb 04
Mcslize:

Don't get out of Nigeria. Nigeria is an amazing country to stay. Everything is working in this country called Nigeria. What else do you people want? There is constant light, our roads are good, the government is working, standard of living is pretty good.

Poverty is not in existence. There is quality education. What about the good health care system we all enjoy in Nigeria? If you ask me, I will say stay back in Nigeria, you and every other patriotic Nigerians will make it big in this country because trust me when I say, Nigeria is heaven on earth. It's no wonder it's called the giant of Africa!
shocked

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by DrAkpa(m): 4:47am On Feb 05
Am still here to see how the OP ends up
Re: Memoirs From Chile by wwwtortoise(m): 9:16am On Feb 05
Lordally1:

Hello bro... I was banned on my other account so I had to look for a way to log in with this account.

I've been in Scotland for 5 months plus and honestly, jobs plenty die, but as a student, it's not easy getting jobs. One has to keep on applying here and there.

Honestly when one will begin to enjoy this place is when you can now work full time.

Thanks a lot bro

Hope you’re settling in nicely.
I’m guessing you’re September intake.

Truth is most employers prefer having full time workers but that doesn’t mean students still don’t get gigs here and there.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by oluyemi123: 12:08pm On Feb 05
DrAkpa:

Am still here to see how the OP ends up
Be more conscious about how you end up than about another man. Think about your own life and let the man live his.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by DrAkpa(m): 1:36pm On Feb 05
oluyemi123:

Be more conscious about how you end up than about another man. Think about your own life and let the man live his.

I already ended up where I am supposed to end up, kiddo. Piss off

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Lordally1: 5:27pm On Feb 05
wwwtortoise:

Hope you’re settling in nicely.
I’m guessing you’re September intake.

Truth is most employers prefer having full time workers but that doesn’t mean students still don’t get gigs here and there.

I'm currently searching for jobs now, my contract with amazon ended in January. Funny enough, a company called me this afternoon regarding a job I applied for... but they couldn't give me because they needed full time workers. E no easy ... but u know that's how it is... so I'm emotionally prepared

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by GloriousGbola: 3:49pm On Feb 07
qtguru:

qtguru:

Brothas in japa cheesy
Re: Memoirs From Chile by dreaonit: 3:30pm On Feb 08
How are you able get certified translator from English to Spanish? Notarizing your documents??
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Ibadanpikin: 3:49pm On Feb 09
tensazangetsu20:
Airport in Chile. Men I was shocked by the neatness. I have been to Italy and las Palmas and honestly their airports don't come close to how neat Chile is. It's fucking crazy
Sir pls,is it tech job that took you to Chile.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by noob03saibot(m): 5:59pm On Feb 12
tensazangetsu20:
First semester ended today, 5 more to go. When I was coming I was so scared especially with the idea of studying In Spanish but so far so good. If I maintain my grades as they are, I would be finishing with a maximum distinction or as they call it here distinción máxima.

I am so glad I made the move when I did. I don't think I spent up to 8 million for everything. Paid my full tuition fee and paid a year's worth of rent. To move to Chile from Nigeria now will cost at least 16 to 20 million. Also, legalising your documents will be a huge challenge. Ghana has stopped accepting Nigerian documents due to the high amount of fake documents so you would need to travel to Kenya to do it or Argentina.

I am surprised especially when I read from those in the west about how hard it is to get menial jobs here in Chile you can get any menial job today if you want but those jobs pay only minimum wage and are only enough to sort out rent and food. The good thing especially if you are in tech and have the right skills, there's a lot of opportunities here but I will say If you are in tech, you need to bring your A game. Interviews here aren't like how they are in Nigeria especially If you haven't worked at top faang like firms. Interviews here are much more difficult. My tech bros will understand.
8 mill for everything,even including a year's rent and a full tuition fee. dammn!!! That's a crazy deal. Really cheap
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:25pm On Feb 12
noob03saibot:
8 mill for everything,even including a year's rent and a full tuition fee. dammn!!! That's a crazy deal. Really cheap

Yeah o. Now you need at least 20 million grin grin
Re: Memoirs From Chile by gforce5: 2:13pm On Feb 16
Man, Nigerians are some of the most frustrated people on the planet! A guy decides to open a thread documenting his migration history to another country and all people can do is pour vitroi and mock him! You lots are so ignorant that a simple research would have shown you that Chile is the most developed country in South America and one of the most developed in Latin America. Nigerians are ignorant about many countries outside the west that they don't know that SOME of these Latin American countries are superior to any country in Africa.

That's not even the issue. If you lots had been following this young man's post/threads over the past few years, you would know that he's using Chile as a stepping stone to the U.S./Canada. He can't afford to waste millions of naira in Europe with nothing to show for it. This is just common sense. I am not crazy about these Latin American countries as they are political unstable but as an immigration lawyer, i have done my research and realized that these countries have a very strong passport. A strong passport can easily facilitate emigration to the west without spending so much money on tuition fees/ work visas in the west only for you to end up in Nigeria with nothing to show for it. Man, you lots really deserve your politicians.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:47pm On Feb 16
gforce5:
Man, Nigerians are some of the most frustrated people on the planet! A guy decides to open a thread documenting his migration history to another country and all people can do is pour vitroi and mock him! You lots are so ignorant that a simple research would have shown you that Chile is the most developed country in South America and one of the most developed in Latin America. Nigerians are ignorant about many countries outside the west that they don't know that SOME of these Latin American countries are superior to any country in Africa.

That's not even the issue. If you lots had been following this young man's post/threads over the past few years, you would know that he's using Chile as a stepping stone to the U.S./Canada. He can't afford to waste millions of naira in Europe with nothing to show for it. This is just common sense. I am not crazy about these Latin American countries as they are political unstable but as an immigration lawyer, i have done my research and realized that these countries have a very strong passport. A strong passport can easily facilitate emigration to the west without spending so much money on tuition fees/ work visas in the west only for you to end up in Nigeria with nothing to show for it. Man, you lots really deserve your politicians.

You dey mind them. There's even one whose a politician who wants to die here. This year I qualify for permanent residency while tinubu continues to give them wotowoto. The same western countries that people are all doing go fund me. I thought there was money on the floor to pick. Some have even abandoned their studies and now claiming refugees cheesy cheesy. Wetin concern me grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by oluyemi123: 12:21pm On Feb 18
Man, you lots really deserve your politicians.[/quote]
They do.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by oluyemi123: 12:24pm On Feb 18
tensazangetsu20:

You dey mind them. There's even one whose a politician who wants to die here. This year I qualify for permanent residency while tinubu continues to give them wotowoto. The same western countries that people are all doing go fund me. I thought there was money on the floor to pick. Some have even abandoned their studies and now claiming refugees cheesy cheesy. Wetin concern me grin grin grin
One who called himself an elderly man was even saying he is waiting for how the OP will turn out , bad belle people everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:26pm On Feb 18
oluyemi123:

One who called himself an elderly man was even saying he is waiting for how the OP will turn out , bad belle people everywhere.

As in Chile wey job full everywhere grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Dougad: 1:21pm On Feb 18
Re: Memoirs From Chile by gforce5: 10:34am On Feb 19
Like, I don't understand the jealousy! That's how they slut-shamed a female poster here who posted her vacation trip to Morocco. This is despite the fact that she indicated that she's based in the UK! This is why I tell people to be careful of posting personal information on forums like this. Too many bitter people here who are praying for your downfall. Forget the haters bro. Many of them are stuck in Nigeria without any hope of leaving. The one's who have papers (I don't want to mention their names) and are based in the west are just oppressors who don't want to see others shine. They want to be the gatekeepers to prosperity. Our people suffer from crabs in a bucket mentality.
tensazangetsu20:

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by pocohantas(f): 2:53pm On Feb 19
gforce5:
Like, I don't understand the jealousy! That's how they slut-shamed a female poster here who posted her vacation trip to Morocco. This is despite the fact that she indicated that she's based in the UK! This is why I tell people to be careful of posting personal information on forums like this. Too many bitter people here who are praying for your downfall. Forget the haters bro. Many of them are stuck in Nigeria without any hope of leaving. The one's who have papers (I don't want to mention their names) and are based in the west are just oppressors who don't want to see others shine. They want to be the gatekeepers to prosperity. Our people suffer from crabs in a bucket mentality.

They are just jealous. I can assure you that if Tensa drops an email address to answer all their questions, same people would stylishly message him. They know what they are doing.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.