Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,513 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? (29931 Views)

My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today / My Religious Friend Says Pastor Oyedepo Is Richer Than China Jack Ma. See Pics / 2 Siblings Accused Of Witchcraft By Their Mum, Attacked By Neighbors In AkwaIbom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Aparche(f): 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
@op...so you want to deal with her for preaching to you? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by jimmyolasun: 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
Puss360:
She means well for you... She means no harm...
Just smile it off...
Anytime she calls you to preach, give her that attention.. then say "Okay"..
Just humour her...

Life's not so bad that we get angry for every little thing...
Just smile and move on...
A day will come that instead of her preaching, she will call you and ask "If you are ready to change that she's tired".. lol..
So humour her...
Na person wey remember person give advice even if the advice is not needed
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by BoldBrainz(m): 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
Where I come from, there's a saying that "stupid people know the kind of people they exhibit stupidity towards".

I'm not a nice fellow. And my beards happen to give me this really mean demeanour, coupled with the fact I leave no hair on my head.

No stupid religious zealot can find the audacity to approach me with rubbish talks. Even my father who is a Regional Pastor in a popular pentecostal church knows better than to comment on my looks or choice of lifestyle whenever we meet. Na people like this OP dey leave room for nonsense because "they don't want to come off as rude".

Omoh, I will embarrass you if you make my personal life your concern. No be your papa or church pastor dey feed me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Solidkay(m): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ok,
This is what happens when you don't set boundaries between your neighbors,
It's not too late though.
Next time she approaches you with her preachings, LOOK AT HER IN THE EYE AND SUBTLY TELL HER YOU WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SHE WOULD STOP PREACHING TO YOU TO AVOID DISRESPECT.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by jackmrandy: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:
I've recently been taking care of my hair as a man I've been looking towards self-improvement and of course improvement begins with my looks.

My own my hair is the shorts strong Nigerian dry hair so even if it's long it will still appear very short which is what I fixed by treating my hair recently and washing it, right after I washed it that evening I weaved it for it to dry and while I was outside that's when my neighbors wife came, she called me and started preaching about heavenly race and I've sinned for this hair I did and what will people think of dad by me carrying this. All I did was simply assure her that I don't do dreads or weaving and I just did it so the hair and my scalp could get space to dry.

Now the hair is back to normal and it's better because it just looks like afro now very many like it supposed to be, it's doesn't look like a girls hair it just looks like a guy that's been training hair for a long time so it's okay like afro.

Tonight she saw me while she was standing with her friend and they both start telling me about heavenly race and what people will talk about my hair, how I should not allow it to shift me from my destiny.... man's just stood there wondering what has brainwashed this women and how their husbands and children survive this everyday.

How do you presume I go about this because I don't intend on being rude to my elders and my neighbors wife as at that?

best response is just to let her say whatever she wants to say and you shouldnt be hurt by it since you know who she is. and just mind your business. if she invite you to church, go if you are chanced and won't take any time from you. and if she preaches to you, listen and don't be offensive to her. she is just a woman. don't go and barb your hair because of the preaching of one wowan. remember what happened to Samson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by gayman99: 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
These so called holier than thou people are more wicked than people that take drugs, go with tattoos etc. The earlier OP puts her in place the better. Na these kind people dey scatter marriages meanwhile they go behind committing more serious atrocities.

Puss360:
She means well for you... She means no harm...
Just smile it off...
Anytime she calls you to preach, give her that attention.. then say "Okay"..
Just humour her...

Life's not so bad that we get angry for every little thing...
Just smile and move on...
A day will come that instead of her preaching, she will call you and ask "If you are ready to change that she's tired".. lol..
So humour her...
Na person wey remember person give advice even if the advice is not needed
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by JayDaily2: 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Skillsnigeria: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hmmm
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by SayNo2SmallPrik: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
Maybe she dey give you food chop. Cuz how you and person go pay for apartment go follow you talk rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by SayNo2SmallPrik: 12:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
Person wey fit be witch ddy complain about hairstyle
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by LikeAking: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:
I've recently been taking care of my hair as a man I've been looking towards self-improvement and of course improvement begins with my looks.

My own my hair is the shorts strong Nigerian dry hair so even if it's long it will still appear very short which is what I fixed by treating my hair recently and washing it, right after I washed it that evening I weaved it for it to dry and while I was outside that's when my neighbors wife came, she called me and started preaching about heavenly race and I've sinned for this hair I did and what will people think of dad by me carrying this. All I did was simply assure her that I don't do dreads or weaving and I just did it so the hair and my scalp could get space to dry.

Now the hair is back to normal and it's better because it just looks like afro now very many like it supposed to be, it's doesn't look like a girls hair it just looks like a guy that's been training hair for a long time so it's okay like afro.

Tonight she saw me while she was standing with her friend and they both start telling me about heavenly race and what people will talk about my hair, how I should not allow it to shift me from my destiny.... man's just stood there wondering what has brainwashed this women and how their husbands and children survive this everyday.

How do you presume I go about this because I don't intend on being rude to my elders and my neighbors wife as at that?

Don't leave ya life for people.

Guy you are on the right part..

Leave those religious boring people..

Tell her your mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
No where in d bible it says making ur hair is a sin She sud let God b d judge, and mind her business. Dats wat u sud say to her.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Winters23: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:

If na me I go just clear am say I be Satan pikin. Say I no wan go heaven. Matter go just quench grin
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Shinjawestern: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
She dey stupid ...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by laharitech(m): 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
Nice question.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Patented: 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
shebi na preach dem dey preach, nothing dey there . listen and move on or dont listen........abi the preaching dey touch u.................. grin
DamianDd:

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by EmyGod(m): 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:

I see nothing wrong in what the ladies are saying, my brother Christianity should be Christlike and any life that does not present Christ to the world or being worldly is not for Christ and there is no way someone will take you serious with such hair imagine talking to the world to accept Jesus Christ with such hair ? That person will never take you serious because he or she sees you as a carnal or worldly man and being worldly will never convert any soul to God neither will it give God glory. If you like such hair then tream it to moderation that my candid advice but for that hair it is not good hair style as a Christine.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Abifarin16: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
I wonder if the Ethiopian Eunuch that Phillip baptised will go to hell for being a castrated?
She means well telling you about Heavenly race. If you have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior you have no issues spiritually. But let's look at the moral aspect of things. If the hair you are keeping /developing is it a hairstyle you can take to your place of work without eyes looking at you? Do your parents approve of it, can you take it to a job interview, lectures and not get bashed because of it, or even visit the President, your local government Chairman, or maybe ur traditional ruler. If yes I see no problem. Just ignore her. But if it cannot go to those places mentioned above and not approved by certain key people you are under then you have to let the hair go. Inasmuch as Christ has paid the price and redeemed us, we cannot go about living our lives however we please, you were bought with a price, no one is truly there own master. You must submit to something. That's my opinion.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by ogunsbanjul(m): 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
I believe the woman means well for you so that your parents will be more respected and honoured for nurturing a good looking guy like you and if you like you can continue but remember it's for your good. Those who are in the prison and grave are looking for this great opportunity so that their heaven can be sure but you're here condemning it. O ma se o[quote.

author=DamianDd post=124844367]I've recently been taking care of my hair as a man I've been looking towards self-improvement and of course improvement begins with my looks.

How do you presume I go about this because I don't intend on being rude to my elders and my neighbors wife as at that? [/quote]
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Thank her for her opinion but make it clear that you by God's grace know the difference between good and bad, and that God will be our final judge. Be polite, and don't let her advice get to your spirit.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Kemadealadire(f): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
She loves your soul grin
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by TheGift: 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Just tell Her thank you,
Move on and imagine she doesn't exist.

Until you see her again, then rinse and repeat.

P.S. Don't waste a single breath trying to argue with Her, it will be like trying to cook a stone.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Fr33born(m): 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Well, if you have not joined the race, you better do because it's very important. If you are in the race already, let her know you are in the race.
Thank you.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by kestolove95(m): 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Show dem Ur gbola
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by LikeAking: 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
ecolime:
Forget about the hair talk and the likes. While it's good for our outward appearance to ALWAYS glorify God. Your hairstyle, dressing, etc. will always be debatable depending on backgrounds and doctrines.

Even in the bible, Samson had locks and God was with him before Delilah truncated his destiny. Early Christains of old wore robes which can be likened to today's women's gown, skirts, etc.

The main koko be say, are you born again? Do you have a personal relationship with God? If Yes, that's settled. Else, you need to get into the real heavenly race.

What will he gain if he becomes a born agian.

Will he bacome rich as Dangote or become the next President?

All those born agian things are the chains of colonialism.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Emma09(m): 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
Na by ur looks? Abegi, tell ehr to free u biko. She sef fit dey commit secrete sin sef.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Loyalty1: 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
godly people do not carry this kind of hairstyle.
That is why she is disturbing you.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Basiljoe: 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
darkmarky:
You should be bold enough to tell people to fuvk off.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
Just snub the Mummy GO's
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Dottormentor: 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
see your life
is such hair style good for omoluabi?
think deep
DamianDd:

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Relevant123: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
Which kind write up be dis one again grin
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by koladebrainiac(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
endsarrrs:

'''Heavenly race" koh...

BTW, Op have you tried knowing Jesus personally?
g
dude should rebuke them strongly, they should stop policing you, u a man, you have your life with you,nobody should tell you what to do or it will start affecting you my brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Apostle Little-David Foc: ‘Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election’ / Is Sex With Sex Doll A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.