Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today (26585 Views)

How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? / My Encounter With The Marine World. / My Encounter With A Woman Of God, Prophetic Still Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Sonnobax15(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04
Good evening my fellow Nairalanders....Hope y'all are currently enjoying the economic shege we've been plunged into? grin. Any ways, that's a story for another day....

So this morning,I woke up,hoping to kick start my daily hustle with my tricycle (popularly known as keke), only for me to get there and discover that it was having an ignition fault............Well,then I thought I could just apply the little engineering knowledge I learnt while in school on it, but all my efforts were to no avail. grin

A neighbor of mine who was passing by who saw how I was struggling with it approached me......He asked me what the fault was.....So after I told him........The next thing I heard him say was--"you sure say you no go carry this your keke go meet my pastor so?

Omoh,tho I tried to be calm but I was forced to reply him with a question--"That your pastor sabi repair keke?". cheesy. Immediately I asked him that question,he turned his back and walked away............

But omoh, why are Nigerians so over religious like this? Must we accrue every single problem that can easily be solved by mankind to God? The thing just tire me I swear....

306 Likes 24 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by immortalcrown(m): 9:08pm On Feb 04
Religious cancer.

They think everything is spiritual. If everything is by prayer, what is the essence of the freewill and the potentials with which God created us? If everything is by prayer, who do some people prosper without praying but many who pray and fast fail?

Prayer is very important and effective. But many African Christians misunderstand the function of prayer. Consequently, they abuse prayer by relying on God for what God already empowered them to achieve.

Religion is very essential to mankind. I don't condemn religion. I am a Christian. The abuse of religion is what I call religious cancer.

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Sangoamadioha1: 9:13pm On Feb 04
Maybe he sees you tinkering with the engine frequently and thinks ordinarily it should not be so hence his recommending his pastor to deliver the Keke from your 'village people '

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by VeryWickedMan: 9:22pm On Feb 04
It's a natural defense mechanism perfected by the poor and lazy over centuries to blame everything else but themselves for their own failures.

191 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by talented321: 9:23pm On Feb 04
A
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by garriAndsugar: 9:25pm On Feb 04
If people can gather and pray for a faulty transformer to transmit electricity then there's nothing they can't pray for.

Anybody wey dey use prayer cover work never serious.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Naijanascam: 9:28pm On Feb 04
I wonder even the so called certificated people have turned to Certificated morons swallowing every single thing thrown at them in the name of prophecy....... Without scrutiny and be shouting amen Amen like thunder⚡

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by We4all: 9:38pm On Feb 04
Jesus turned water into wine. So the man believes his pastor can turn your keke into chasis Mercedes that will give you no fault.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Chummynoni(m): 10:14pm On Feb 04
See as i burst laugh with the question wey you ask am . economic hardship don dey reset some of them brains

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Coldspice: 4:47am On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:
Hoping to kick start my daily hustle with my tricycle (popularly known as keke), only for me to get there and discover that it was
--you sure say you no go carry this your keke go meet my pastor so?
That your pastor sabi repair keke?. cheesy. Immediately I asked him that question,he turned his back and walked away..

Pastor, spanner dey ya hand? grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Sonnobax15(m): 7:30am On Feb 05
garriAndsugar:
If people can gather and pray for a faulty transformer to transmit electricity then there's nothing they can't pray for.

Anybody wey dey use prayer cover work never serious.
. As in en cheesy. I just dey imagine how some people think....tahhhh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Sonnobax15(m): 7:30am On Feb 05
VeryWickedMan:
It's a natural defense mechanism perfected by the poor and lazy over centuries to blame everything else but themselves for their own failures.
. grin grin. Religion is truly the opium of the masses,so they say.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by ogashman(m): 7:39am On Feb 05
grin

Nigerians are foolishly religious.

I could remember when I relocated to a new state and was looking for accommodation, do u know 80% of landlords were asking after my church...the same Christianity o. Not that I'm of different religion.

I told one that I am a Catholic and also attend winners. He said he can't rent his house out to me that I don't even know where I stand. That I need to take a stand on the church to attend bla bla bla....

I later got an apartment in this state and we were 4 tenants plus the landlady. The landlady, an old woman, most Sundays, would always come to ask why I didn't go to church... That I should try and be going to church bla bla...like shey I no pay u rent ni?

When I packed out was when she said that all of us would be having bible studies every Sunday evening.... Omo I just had to run....infact I left the state entirely.... I can't stand religious morons.

Heaven is a personal race...no drag anybody follow yourself, after all you came to this world alone.

But Nigerians would want to drag every dick and Harry into their nonsense.

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Acidosis(m): 7:55am On Feb 05
VeryWickedMan:

Exactly

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Gbadugbakun(m): 7:56am On Feb 05
If he say you should carry it to his pastor, carry it to the pastor na.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by johnjay4u2u(m): 10:14am On Feb 05
Lol
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by bluefilm: 10:15am On Feb 05
Religion is the opiate of the masses

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Sonnobax15(m): 10:16am On Feb 05
Gbadugbakun:
If he say you should carry it to his pastor, carry it to the pastor na.
come force me na grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by EverythingPhone(m): 10:17am On Feb 05
Good morning yaal

Contact me to track your lost or stolen phones or devices at an affordable fee
A trial will convince you
Contact me via signature below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Woodshot: 10:17am On Feb 05
You should have gone to see the pastor then spend quality time with him and then come next Sunday service, you stride to the altar and shout thunderous "PRAISE THE LORD" Like others before your and afterwards; give testimony of how he prayed over your worn Engine and in a heartbeat the old parts gave way and appeared was a brand, new, and shiny parts/engine...

The plan is to question the beliefs of the members. Your testimony gonna make at least one individual to quit CHURCH for good...

12 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Kingsley67: 10:17am On Feb 05
Take the bike to mechanic BUT don't ignore his advise
Please call for the installation of your CCTV INTERCOM and fire alarm
Zero7zero six six 7 four four 3 one 8

Secure your valuables.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:17am On Feb 05
That your phone will receive credit alerts, another line

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Fiscus105(m): 10:18am On Feb 05
Man must be able to differentiate and acknowledged there is physical and as well spiritual problems

If you are a type who doesn't biliv thr spiritual problems you are a walking corpse.

And if you are the type who biliv every problem is spiritual you are not different from mad man.

Now, back to OP, in as much I blame ur neighbor more, I wouldn't totally blame him, perhaps, he might have seen you repairing ur Keke incessantly and bilivd, it might have defied all mechanical ways of solving it, hence asking u to go spiritual.

BUT AFRICANS MUST LEARN HOW TO SOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS OUTSIDE SPIRITUAL FIRST.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by bigdammyj: 10:18am On Feb 05
Noted.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by killsmith(f): 10:19am On Feb 05
Instead of complaining about the foolishness of religious people, why not open your own church and earn yourself extra income?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Draslo(m): 10:19am On Feb 05
Hahahahaha.

Nigerian Christians worship their pastors. Fact.
They fear him more than God himself. That's why we're overtly religious but not godly people

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by oranget(m): 10:19am On Feb 05
Maybe the pastor used to work as an engineer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Starboytwo(m): 10:20am On Feb 05
You get patience

Na slap I go give neighbor early morning.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by RickyJesus: 10:20am On Feb 05
Religion sure has its own advantages, but this kind of things are why we don't take them serious.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

is The Wearing Of Necklaces And Ear Rings Scriptural In The Bible? / Prophet Genesis Refuses Offering From Church Members Because Of Naira Crisis / Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.