Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,421 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Uk Visa - Verification Stage - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Verification Stage (1881 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa / Uk Visa Application Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa - Verification Stage by New9jabeb: 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2011
good day,

anyone with an idea how long the visa verification stage is? is there another stage afterwards. applied on 12/9/2011. feedback is its at the verification stage. was hoping it would be a breeze like the schegen one applied for first entry france and true to their word 10days it was out. Thought the UK one would be faster thou coz wen we submitted @lekkie no que at all got there around 930am.

has anyone ever requested for their passport back? whats the procedure and how long will it take?

thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Verification Stage by OmoTier1(m): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
New9ja.beb:

good day,

anyone with an idea how long the visa verification stage is? is there another stage afterwards. applied on 12/9/2011. feedback is its at the verification stage. was hoping it would be a breeze like the schegen one applied for first entry france and true to their word 10days it was out. Thought the UK one would be faster thou coz wen we submitted @lekkie no que at all got there around 930am.

has anyone ever requested for their passport back? whats the procedure and how long will it take?

thanks
Exercise a little more patience. When your application is not a straight forward case, it may take a little while.

You may be getting your text alert this friday -watch out-
Re: Uk Visa - Verification Stage by mikepeace(m): 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2011
it wont be more than another week before u get the alert for collection, keep cool
Re: Uk Visa - Verification Stage by okito: 3:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
The delay is so much these days. I submitted 20/9/11 and received a message today 28/10/11 that Visas are ready- for me, wife and son. I noticed the visas were actually issued 27/10/11, exactly 37 days after submitting the application and to think that the last uk visa I got in 2008 was issued within 2 working days!

ADVICE TO ALL- Apply 2 months to travel date, if possible.
Re: Uk Visa - Verification Stage by TopAnalyst(m): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2011
okito:

The delay is so much these days. I submitted 20/9/11 and received a message today 28/10/11 that Visas are ready- for me, wife and son. I noticed the visas were actually issued 27/10/11, exactly 37 days after submitting the application and to think that the last uk visa I got in 2008 was issued within 2 working days!

ADVICE TO ALL- Apply 2 months to travel date, if possible.

Same for me, I submitted my visa application on the 19/09/2011 and got my passport with issued visa on 26/10/2011. They are getting more disorganised at the BDHC. They can't keep up to their promise of 10 - 15 working days any longer.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Holiday Destinations in Lagos & South Western Nigeria / Nigerians Banned From Travelling To UAE Unless With Valid UK/US Visa / Can I Apply For Student Visa Without A Letter From Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.