Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister (48227 Views)

Tinubu Withdraws Ruby Onwudiwe Nomination As CBN Board Member For Supporting Obi / Gandollar: Maryam Shetty's Social Media Post About Ganduje (Throwback Photo) / Ganduje And His Wife Mock Maryam Shetty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by janeedema(f): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
It looks like a game to you?

It's the soul of Nigeria that's at stake here. If you like make it about Peter Obi. That guy is made. Las las we are all buying fuel at the same price with no incentives in view.

quote author=Inobeyourmate post=124873738]Obi supporters will still wail again on his thread, I still remember one idiotic OP posted about this just to mock Tinubu, now the needful has been done, another wailing go soon start, how they wish nah Obi dey make all these appointments, chai, better thing sweet una also, no worry, e fit be Obi too, but nah for Biafla land that e go happen, not Nigeria πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œ[/quote]
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by GreatrAnalyst: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
negaiyke:
I Thought they said he was a Master Strategist..

Strategist don dey make substitutions even before First half starts for match grin grin

Na like this we go take finish Full-Time

Master Strategist my foot.
Appointments of rewards for helping to stand at my side.
Obasanjo who was not termed a strategist assembled more bright minds and achievers than this na my-turn appointment.
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by kamalbob(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
Withdrawing shetty pain me but nominating keyamo dey sweet ma. Lol this will shut nyamuris
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by Bananapill: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by wegevv: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
QuotaSystem:

I believe so.

Damn. That video was posted on Nairaland this morning but was scrubbed so you could be right that that was the final nail in the coffin following initial opposition to her nomination

I can’t pretend to understand why that video would cause her problems but thanks for shedding light as to why she was booted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by garfield1: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
fergie001:

Gathered it had to do with her past SM (TikTok) activities and majority of the Kano politic were not in agreement.

A woman for that matter? It happened to Aloma Mukhtar when she was side-stepped many times to be Kano CJ.

It also happened to Patricia Ajuma Mahmoud JCA as well....

For me it is the communication gap, she was at the NA for the screening only to be told that though I know she will be compensated but an earlier communication will have helped.

But she was replaced by another woman? What about bosun tijani that has criticized tinubu heavily? Betta edu was opposed by many in crs
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by garfield1: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
AfroBeatDiary:

They would have not let her performed

At least,she would have been appointed to make record
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by garfield1: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
QuotaSystem:

We are entitled to our opinions but I believe she could have been more mature & circumspect especially with the last one she posted upon her announcement.

Youthful exuberance.what of bosun tijani that is anti tinubu
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by garfield1: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
wegevv:

The post was here https://www.nairaland.com/7790029/see-how-nigerias-youngest-ministerial

Now it’s has been scrubbed by nairaland. This was the video

https://youtube.com/shorts/l1qGv8o7Ym8?feature=share

What a shame. Hopefully they’ll tell us why

I am so sad,I liked her
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by Vulcan24(m): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
I am getting uncomfortable with Tinubu. I still waiting anyways
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by fergie001: 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
garfield1:

But she was replaced by another woman? What about bosun tijani that has criticized tinubu heavily? Betta edu was opposed by many in crs
Shetty's from a religious and political perspective.

They call her TikTok Star!

Betta warmed herself in and fought for it.
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by jaxxy(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool The master strategist knows how to deceive zombie-dients. Haha.

FFK and Onanuga are going to be ambassadors. Let's see how travel bans will stop them.

Keyamo is the strategist here. He fooled tinubu to scrap minister of state and pressured him to make him minister to spite igbos.

tinubu isn't as smart as I thought. He didn't read festus keyamo's long game to be minister. grin

keyamo should be grateful to igbos for helping his strategy to be minister work even against tinubus initial will. grin
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by Raf4: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
ElSudani:
Feel bad for Maryam. I don't get the opposition to her nomination. Her time will surely come.

So bad that northerners still see and treat womenfolk as inferior.
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by garfield1: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
fergie001:

Shetty's from a religious and political perspective.

They call her TikTok Star!

Betta warmed herself in and fought for it.

True.se deserved one more nominee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by Raf4: 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
jaxxy:

Keyamo is the strategist here. He fooled tinubu to scrap minister of state and pressured him to make him minister to spite igbos.

keyamo should be grateful to igbos for helping his strategy to be minister work even against tinubus initial will. grin

tinubu isn't as smart as I thought. He didn't read festus keyamo's long game to be minister. grin

Is this coming from a rational human being? I doubt πŸ˜•
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by ElSudani: 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Raf4:

So bad that northerners still see and treat womenfolk as inferior.

I am quite surprised by the way some folks opposed her.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by jaxxy(m): 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
Raf4:

Is this coming from a rational human being? I doubt πŸ˜•

strategist are not necessarily rational it depends on the game plan. in this scenario keyamo was ahead of tinubu.
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by iamdapsyj(m): 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
stanisbaratheon:
Of all the 40 something nominees it is a woman Tinubu had to replace with loud mouth Keyamo

Why don't you guys read in this age! She was replaced with a northerner and Festus Keyamo was only added to the list.
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by iamdapsyj(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
jaxxy:

strategist are not necessarily rational it depends on the game plan. in this scenario keyamo was ahead of tinubu.

πŸ€£πŸ˜† Even you know that you are just clowning 🀑🀑
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by fergie001: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2023
garfield1:
True.se deserved one more nominee
Betta did surprise me with her workrate immediately she became APC National Women Leader.

We did deserve at least one more but you know for political reasons, we don't have. Infact, I am very sure but for the Constitution perhaps some States in the SE won't even have a Minister.

We are getting used to it though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by garfield1: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
fergie001:
Betta did surprise me with her workrate immediately she became APC National Women Leader.

We did deserve at least one more but you know for political reasons, we don't have. Infact, I am very sure but for the Constitution perhaps some States in the SE won't even have a Minister.

We are getting used to it though.

I think with delta getting one more instead of rivers or Edo,se will also get probably imo or ebonyi.kelechi igwe was supposed to go instead of umahi.
I wonder who will be party leader between onyejeocha and Ben kalu..
Right from when Betta became s.a health,she was a workaholic,has this notice me,in your face and eye service attitude.this elevated her to dg crphcda,commissioner and then women leader.am happy a lady from crs has replaced her but I don't like the lady
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by fk001(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Throwback:
Kano people rubbished their own young and woman candidate, while Keyamo was assisted by the Igbos poking fun at him but ended up helping his ministry.

The lessons learnt here are,

1. To be contented with a bird at hand than 2 in the bush. That is for the critics from Kano.

2. Never claim victory until the battle is truly over. That is for the Obidients and Igbos mocking Keyamo.

Keyamo now becomes the only Minister from the Buhari regime that will remain a Minister into the Tinubu regime.

While Maryam would be later compensated with a non-ministerial role.

This life na real waaa.

She has been replaced with another Kano lady Dr Mariya.

They still have 2 birds at hand

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by chaloskyx: 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
thats good news however if you guys now use minesterial slots to get back at other ethnic groups it shows your leaders have no plans for this country and we are just on auto pilot.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by Ndubuisipaul1: 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool The master strategist knows how to deceive zombie-dients. Haha.

FFK and Onanuga are going to be ambassadors. Let's see how travel bans will stop them.

When poor people are clapping for polical criminals it make me wonder
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by Throwback: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
fk001:

She has been replaced with another Kano lady Dr Mariya.

They still have 2 birds at hand

Indeed they do.

It is Dr Mariga Bunkure.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by Bluntemperor: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
Throwback:
Kano people rubbished their own young and woman candidate, while Keyamo was assisted by the Igbos poking fun at him but ended up helping his ministry.

The lessons learnt here are,
1. To be contented with a bird at hand than 2 in the bush. That is for the critics from Kano.

2. Never claim victory until the battle is truly over. That is for the Obidients and Igbos mocking Keyamo.

Keyamo now becomes the only Minister from the Buhari regime that will remain a Minister into the Tinubu regime.

While Maryam would be later compensated with a non-ministerial role.

This life na real waaa.

But Kano State is now Chairman of APC( Ganduje) ,so nothing is lost,na!
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by fergie001: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
garfield1:

I think with delta getting one more instead of rivers or Edo,se will also get probably imo or ebonyi.kelechi igwe was supposed to go instead of umahi.
I wonder who will be party leader between onyejeocha and Ben kalu..
Right from when Betta became s.a health,she was a workaholic,has this notice me,in your face and eye service attitude.this elevated her to dg crphcda,commissioner and then women leader.am happy a lady from crs has replaced her but I don't like the lady
Most importantly, Betta is beaut and unmarried.
She worked for it!

Are we going to then have almost 50 Ministers?
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by ObidenceNeckpre: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
sadness sha never depart u, continue giving us ur sweet tears grin grin
Mjshexy:
This big mouth that lies without conscience has been brought back again, too bad sad
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by CLRF: 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
obawinner:
Just yesterday obideint were happy festus keyamo did not make the list, grin grin grin

during the election same set were making eluu p 78 videos just for winning 1 out of 177, 000 polling unit grin grin
It's is actually 178,648 PUs.
Emm sorry, I am just testing my memory if I remember those numbers correctly
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by Abifarin16: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
stanisbaratheon:
Of all the 40 something nominees it is a woman Tinubu had to replace with loud mouth Keyamo
I think keyamo was added, someone else got her spot from the state
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by LajaLaba: 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
jaxxy:

IPOB man no sense....What a moronic post u got there
Re: Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister by garfield1: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
fergie001:

Most importantly, Betta is beaut and unmarried.
She worked for it!

Are we going to then have almost 50 Ministers?

Betta is married oh,her husband is an accountant at DPR.i never knew he was the husband till recently but it seems they are estranged.the lady is a sycophant,among the chief praisesingers and enablers of ayade.sec meetings were a comedy show
I think tinubu is enlarging his govt to accommodate various interests groups even the opposition.he has the funds to pay them personally.na small thing...
I think ashiru has lost out at the court,he filed his petition late and filed his prehearing prematurely and then attempted to refile properly but didn't withdraw the earlier notice.adebutu and ombugadu are doing well,I fear for apc...
A witness of emenike just testified that otti name is still on the register.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Makes Grand Entry With His Classic Bentley At A Wedding Event.Photos / Atiku Visits Governor Wike In Rivers State (Photos) / Jonathan At Emir Of Daura's Palace As He Visits Buhari's State, Katsina (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.