Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup (72349 Views)

Atiku, Ben Bruce, DJ Cuppy Congratulate Anthony Joshua For Defeating Andy Ruiz / Injuries Won’t Stop Us From Beating Eagles – Zambian Coach / Zambia Will Shock Nigeria In Uyo, Says Wedson Nyirenda, Zambian Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by FreeStuffsNG: 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Zambia’s coach, Bruce Mwape, has been accused of rubbing his hands over the chest of one of his players two days before his country’s historic victory over Costa Rica in their final match at the Women’s World Cup, reports theguardian.com.

FIFA has confirmed it received an official complaint about the alleged incident after Zambia claimed their first win at a World Cup on Monday in New Zealand. Before the tournament the Guardian revealed Mwape was the subject of an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct.

According to a source close to the squad, several players saw Mwape rubbing his hands over the chest of one of their teammates last Friday after training. “It’s not appropriate for a coach to be touching a player’s breasts,” said the source.

Witnesses are understood to have discussed reporting the incident immediately but decided to wait until after their campaign had been completed over fears that they would not be selected for unsettling the team. Zambia had already been eliminated after 5-0 defeats by Spain and Japan, but finished third in the group after the 3-1 victory over Costa Rica.

It is understood the allegation against Mwape was reported to a FIFA delegate, who has been with the squad throughout their stay in New Zealand. The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) president, Andrew Kamanga, is believed to be aware of the incident.

The FAZ and Mwape did not respond to the Guardian’s questions. A FIFA spokesperson said: “FIFA takes any allegation of misconduct extremely seriously and has a clear process in place for anyone in football who wants to report an incident.

“We can confirm that a complaint has been received in relation to the Zambian women’s national team and this is currently being investigated. We cannot provide further details regarding an ongoing investigation for obvious confidentiality reasons.”

https://guardian.ng/sport/fifa-investigating-claims-zambia-coach-rubbed-players-chest-at-world-cup/

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by FreeStuffsNG: 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
I agree that it's inappropriate. I am just wondering if with this way they touch one another in female soccer, maybe they should just make it all 100% female affair.

In our match against Ireland,I saw how one Irish female player pressed all her front body on our Coach, Waldrum, in a long embrace and I kept wondering if such very long embrace between opposite gender is allowed. I felt it will put these coaches in a difficult position someday and now I saw this accusation against the Male Zambian coach. Check my signature for free stuffs!

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by Acekidc4(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
It's very inappropriate and Stupid of that Lustful Coach. How can you be playing with your players bobby😤😱
They employ you to teach them how to play football not play with their boobs

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by NwaNimo1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maybe the 'Breast' grabbed his hand.......

....it has happened to me several times!

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by FreeStuffsNG: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's very inappropriate and Stupid of that Lustful Coach. How can you be playing with your players bobby😤😱
They employ you to teach them how to play football not play with their boobs
The official report stated it is chest. It's not only Bobby that makes up the chest nah

29 Likes

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by Acekidc4(m): 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The official report stated it is chest. It's not only Bobby that makes up the chest nah

A woman chest comprises of her Breasts, nothing more nothing less.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by kokoA(m): 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
Did the player complain? grin

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
It's a shame FIFA has to pay falcons directly because of corruption. Corruption under APC is the worst in the world

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by Throwback: 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
Reason why I feel only women should work with women when it comes to sports.

Anywhere you touch as a male coach, na sexual something.

Maybe the coach sef forget sey na woman chest as e flat pass man own.

I remember the male footballer that was trying to tap the shoulder of the female referee, only for him to miss her shoulder and brush the breast.

Very risky business mixing between genders in sport.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by izubext007: 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
heart rob
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
grin
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by DeAdvokate(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Problem of coaching a female team! Players not used can frame the coach. Fear some women grin grin grin

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by visijo(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Don't introduce her to a vibe you cannot maintain 🧏
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by DDota: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Why not kuku make all the coaches women too. At least to avoid this tapping.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by ipobarecriminals: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
sad
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by Adeyinka90: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maybe he dey massage the breast

6 Likes

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by Mylight: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
This is the thing about women in sports
Why not make it so all their coaches and assistants are women? Because any small thing na sexual harassment

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by Offpoint1: 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
It was for luck grin or perhaps it was involuntary.

Ez mil ft Eminem: Realest 🎶.... Officially released today. MAD SHXT 🔥
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by adambest(m): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by bossvitality(m): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Tapping current to win the world Cup

2 Likes

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by onomeabuja: 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by Abifarin16: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I agree that it's inappropriate. I am just wondering if with this way they touch one another in female soccer, maybe they should just make it all 100% female affair.

In our match against Ireland,I saw how one Irish female player pressed all her front body on our Coach, Waldrum, in a long embrace and I kept wondering if such very long embrace between opposite gender is allowed. I felt it will put these coaches in a difficult position someday and now I saw this accusation against the Male Zambian coach. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Let men removed themselves from female football altogether

9 Likes

Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by DabuIIIT: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Noise.
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by TheSuperX(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
Would they ban him then?
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by SILVERLINES: 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
grin
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by chukkystar(m): 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Abi dem say African Jazz no dey cross water? E don cross ooo
Re: Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup by lexy2014: 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Acekidc4:

A woman chest comprises of her Breasts, nothing more nothing less.

did the player complain?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Hurts Son CR7 Jr With Serie A Trophy, Girlfriend Reacts(Photos / Manchester United Features Dj Cuppy In New Jersey Ad / Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.