Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet (44309 Views)

2023: Are The Ex-generals Actually Backing Obi? / CDS Meets Military Chiefs, Prepares 70 Generals For Exit / Buhari Weighs Options On Incoming Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
8 years of tinubu presidency will be a total failure, I oblige all citizen, to forget about the progress of this country for the next 8 year's.

And focus on individual/self progress. Expect nothing. Tbh.

This government will be a total failure, it's so sad. And shameful. Was mocked by a coup leader.

Doctor's are on strike, NLC are on strike, youths are in pain, and taken advantage of, parents can't afford to pay school fees or even feed.

The pains, some Nigerians who can't think for the progress of this nation, has brought upon every Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by descartes400: 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
The President may secretly habour disdain for the military.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Seankhalifa: 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
4merlity:
Their contribution might help
help in wat sense... when dey where In charge wat did dy do?
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Demolakay: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
anytime I see Igbo comments on this forum it reminds me of the song “wetin we gain” by victor AD

If Igbo man no hate wetin he gain

Remove hate from an Igbo man n he’s empty, hate is an average Igbo man’s fuel

Weyrey!
By d time dis administration imminent failure is apparent, I knw u pple will still blame d igbos for it.
Bunch's of nva do Wells.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by ycat: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2023
Let them bring it and help end Nigeria.

If I know that some people in Nigeria have hands in Niger to test the water, then president Tinubu knows more than that.

Your head will fly off at the speed in which Yorubaland will quickly be removed from Nigeria with superior ground and air power.

You must think president Tinubu is new in the block, after he went through NADECO, he saw Awolowo and Abiola and won't prepare.

Yorubaland will never be captured again!
CJStarz:
Not only dat, he dey dia Asari come dey form private army join. Na these kain things dey vex Khaki boys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Neddstark: 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
Penguin2:
Tinubu is showing disdain for the Armed Forces, I hope they don’t return the favour to him someday.

First, he appointed an ex police officer to supervise them as NSA.

Now he’s going to appoint a civilian as Minister of Defence.

From my knowledge of history and power, this is a recipe for disaster.

But what do I know?

You are right on this. Never disregard the military.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by ImperialYoruba: 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Junk journalism.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Gajagojo: 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Penguin2:
Tinubu is showing disdain for the Armed Forces, I hope they don’t return the favour to him someday.

But what do I know?
Not a lot
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Stronghold91: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
[quote author=Nazgul post=124886623]I was listening to one of IBB's old interviews with channels TV on YouTube...and he said something that struck me.

He said soldiers usually take advantage of a collapsing economy to stage a coup. And most times the masses wouldn't protest cos they're feeling the heat of the economy, and would welcome them (the soldiers) with open arms with the hope that things would change for their good.

I also read an interview of a former chief of army staff Gen Dambazu here on Nairaland who said some powerful northern retired generals told him to overthrow Jonathan when Yar'adua died, but he choose not to follow their advice cos he felt that Nigeria would face serious sanctions from the West if he does it.

Tinubu should understand this. He literally witnessed all the coups in Nigeria from January 1966 till Diya's I'll fated coup of December 1997.

Nigeria isn't Lagos. If he tries to monopolize power, he might loose that seat. He shouldn't give the military any reason to come back.

I know so many people might say they would prefer the military. But we should know that the military we have now is totally different from the crop that ruled Nigeria back then. Our army is highly politicalized. Meaning there wouldn't be any difference between them and our current crop of corrupt politicans. [/quote
]
military are more discipline and less corrupt
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Lovelyn451(f): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
Tinubu is not here to deliver good governance...
He is there to loot and enrich himself like previous leaders...
Anybody telling you that Tinubu will deliver is just lying to himself...
are u just knowing,
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by greall12(m): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
Trash

quote author=Nazgul post=124886623]I was listening to one of IBB's old interviews with channels TV on YouTube...and he said something that struck me.

He said soldiers usually take advantage of a collapsing economy to stage a coup. And most times the masses wouldn't protest cos they're feeling the heat of the economy, and would welcome them (the soldiers) with open arms with the hope that things would change for their good.

I also read an interview of a former chief of army staff Gen Dambazu here on Nairaland who said some powerful northern retired generals told him to overthrow Jonathan when Yar'adua died, but he choose not to follow their advice cos he felt that Nigeria would face serious sanctions from the West if he does it.

Tinubu should understand this. He literally witnessed all the coups in Nigeria from January 1966 till Diya's I'll fated coup of December 1997.

Nigeria isn't Lagos. If he tries to monopolize power, he might loose that seat. He shouldn't give the military any reason to come back.

I know so many people might say they would prefer the military. But we should know that the military we have now is totally different from the crop that ruled Nigeria back then. Our army is highly politicalized. Meaning there wouldn't be any difference between them and our current crop of corrupt politicans. [/quote]
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by TheGift: 10:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
politicoNG:
Terrorism, Niger crisis: Tinubu shuns ex-Generals for incoming cabinet jobs

https://prnigeria.com/2023/08/04/tinubu-shuns-generals-cabinet/

This is a very dicey situation.

Assuming we don't already have Nigeriens in the Nigerian army.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by caprini1: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
lexy2014:
What in the world does nigeria need 47 ministers for?

I thought Tinubu said there's no money? How will all these offices be financed?
its now 48 ministers.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by XAUBulls: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nazgul:
I was listening to one of IBB's old interviews with channels TV on YouTube...and he said something that struck me.

I know so many people might say they would prefer the military. But we should know that the military we have now is totally different from the crop that ruled Nigeria back then. Our army is highly politicalized. Meaning there wouldn't be any difference between them and our current crop of corrupt politicans.
He knows these already. President Bola Tinubu is a top gun in the local and international game where different power centres exist.

Those who underestimate him do NOT realise that he is a well-connected power broker too with friends within and outside the military with a deep knowledge of potential booby traps.

During the June 12 struggle to regain democracy, I remember that back in the 1990s, now President Tinubu gave a lot of financial assistance and harbored a lot of folks who had gone into exile in the U.S. (to avoid being assassinated or jailed) in his Chicago mansion and held extensive talks with the top U.S. government officials including Ambassador Walter Carrington on how to kick the brutal and very corrupt military dictatorships out of Nigeria and restore democracy.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Ever8090: 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
Tntsi:
Whether he shuns ex generals or not, he remains unconstitutional.

As for the coup in Niger, I believe one of the major enabler of the coup is the presidential election in our nation.

There may be other reasons but I believe the presidential elections in our country and the response from supposed fathers and elders gave the coup plotters in niger a major courage.

The constitution which is the fabric that holds democracy in our nation has been desecrated.
Democracy in our country is dead. Nigeria is under a political coup. Respected leaders and fathers in the land who should have made their voices to be heard turned a blind eye.
Some of them have gone to mediate in niger and the young men refused to listen.

Peharps ,if our respected fathers and elders have raised their voice against the coup in Nigeria, our brothers in niger would have listened to them.
Reno Omokri was right after all ...so Niger is now your brother ?

2 Likes

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by caprini1: 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
I don't care I spoke the truth and you know it...
Tinubu is just going to borrow to run government just like Buhari....
No need lying to ourselves and calling me names...
Which government is he going to run? Someone that is on a witchcraft evil mission of total annihilation.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Bluffly: 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
When did being a former militaty personnel become a fator to.consider for ministerial nomination
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by crossbreedwears(m): 11:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
Not everyone knows the importance of Minister of Defense.
Penguin2:

But what do I know?
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by crossbreedwears(m): 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
So a civilian as Minister of Defense will do better than ex Military man??
Truthday:
Good

The generals are not useful for the lingering and growing insecurity in the country. It'll be insensitive to include such failure in the progress of this country
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by aklid(m): 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
Is there a law that says they must be included?
Just asking yunno
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by AfonjaPriest: 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
Everday:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angela
G.TBank
Red flag. Disclaimer. Persona non grata.
This person, known as Angela, has all these names for just one account in GTBank:
Ann, Anne, AngelaUbi, Anngela, Angella, Anna, Angela, Angela Ubi, Angelah, etc.
He is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
Go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by AfonjaPriest: 11:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
Erlo:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland.
I'm  celestine am 31 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 15 years.It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor.
my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.to provide feeding and some medicine is hard,
I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection,Not able to Go for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds.
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid, my mom has been sick for long due to complications of poorly manage dia-betes and BP.
I'm asking for your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares.
I depend on some daily medical supplies for survival pls I need your help.
Acct :

Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video call/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden. Watch the video below to confirm .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxxOAKrZDSs

please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, I'm not a scammer if to say life was a little bit easy for me I won't be doing this always I can prove my condition beyond any reasonable doubt. thanks and remain blessed
Red flag. Disclaimer. Persona non grata.
Celestine Nwankwo, the serial criminal scammer, is here to promote his begging advert scam.
Go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by complexstuffs(m): 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Penguin2:

But what do I know?

IPOB CANNIBALS have been praying for a military take over ever since Nigerians kicked Peter Obi to the gutters in the elections
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by obyno82: 12:02am On Aug 05, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
The enemies of our great nation are wailing about, I want to implore all progressives reading this that it’s not over until it’s over

We shouldn’t rest till we are able to neutralize d children of hate who are hell bent on destroying our beautiful nation cos they lost election

As e dey go right now, na them go tire cos it’s fire for fire
Oga just keep quiet there
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by obyno82: 12:03am On Aug 05, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
anytime I see Igbo comments on this forum it reminds me of the song “wetin we gain” by victor AD

If Igbo man no hate wetin he gain

Remove hate from an Igbo man n he’s empty, hate is an average Igbo man’s fuel

Oga you are fantastically senseless.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by AmotekunSW: 12:04am On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:

But what do I know?

Kwankwaso
Obanikoro
Demola Seriki

They were ministers of defence when your father was still learning how to ride fan yogo bicycle.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by complexstuffs(m): 12:17am On Aug 05, 2023
Georgejeez:
grin grin funny enough the major threat to his office and life isn't those retired Military Generals but the Stone-cold faced Terrorist of a Vice President , Shettima .
Each time I see him , I see a Dimka waiting for the right opportunity .

Shetima is loyal but IPOB fear him because he is a no nonsense person to IPOB cannibals
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Penguin2: 12:25am On Aug 05, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Kwankwaso
Obanikoro
Demola Seriki

They were ministers of defence when your father was still learning how to ride fan yogo bicycle.
Who was the president?

An ex military general?

Or a bloody civilian like Ebola?
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Penguin2: 12:35am On Aug 05, 2023
CJStarz:
Not only dat, he dey dia Asari come dey form private army join. Na these kain things dey vex Khaki boys

Unfortunately, Ebola boys are shortsighted.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Penguin2: 12:38am On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

They will soon tag you IPOB
Lol! Calling me that doesn’t move even a strand of hair on my head.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by AmotekunSW: 12:42am On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:

Who was the president?

An ex military general?

Or a bloody civilian like Ebola?

Was Umar Musa Yaradua a retired military General when he appointed Yayale Ahmed and Shettima Mustapha as Minsters of Defence?
Was any of these two was a retired military General?

You Ipobidients are eternally backward in politics. Zero political knowledge and zero commonsense.

This is why you are doomed to never make it politically.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Cromagnon: 12:47am On Aug 05, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
Tinubu is not here to deliver good governance...
He is there to loot and enrich himself like previous leaders...
Anybody telling you that Tinubu will deliver is just lying to himself...
ṣe you
Pesin wen din deliver in first 2 weeks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

“I Am Not In A Hurry To Do Anything” – Buhari / President Buhari Lands In Washington DC To Meet With Donald Trump. Photos / Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.