Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet (44346 Views)

2023: Are The Ex-generals Actually Backing Obi? / CDS Meets Military Chiefs, Prepares 70 Generals For Exit / Buhari Weighs Options On Incoming Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Gentlelox: 7:39am On Aug 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
I dedicate “Shake Down” by Akon to Aşiwaju. Great jam!
let me ask... Don't u av any function in life ?

Are u always useless looking for front pages ?

U may be a teenager though so hmmmm
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Menclothing: 7:47am On Aug 05, 2023
Was the importance they have being there for 60 years boko haram and bandit everywhere
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by iamdapsyj(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2023
Tntsi:
Whether he shuns ex generals or not, he remains unconstitutional.

As for the coup in Niger, I believe one of the major enabler of the coup is the presidential election in our nation.

There may be other reasons but I believe the presidential elections in our country and the response from supposed fathers and elders gave the coup plotters in niger a major courage.

The constitution which is the fabric that holds democracy in our nation has been desecrated.
Democracy in our country is dead. Nigeria is under a political coup. Respected leaders and fathers in the land who should have made their voices to be heard turned a blind eye.
Some of them have gone to mediate in niger and the young men refused to listen.

Peharps ,if our respected fathers and elders have raised their voice against the coup in Nigeria, our brothers in niger would have listened to them.

Olodo! Continue to enjoy your Colos 😆🤣
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by iamdapsyj(m): 8:09am On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Tinubu is showing disdain for the Armed Forces, I hope they don’t return the favour to him someday.

First, he appointed an ex police officer to supervise them as NSA.

Now he’s going to appoint a civilian as Minister of Defence.

From my knowledge of history and power, this is a recipe for disaster.

But what do I know?

Their is no disaster anywhere, you guys just have a preconceived notion that things have to be a certain way because they have always been like that.

NSA doesn't have to come from a rank and file. One thing I know PBAT has always complained against is officials working at cross purposes.

Having the the military hierarchy throughout the chain of command is not a good thing for a democracy. Imagine having a military ONSA, military minister coupled with the service chiefs HABA!!

We should kill the idea of military in a democratic settings. What we should do is to fund them effectively for equipment, staff welfare, adequate training and so on.

The message PBAT is trying to pass in a nutshell is that the military should remain in the barracks and securing the country from external aggression and not in the government!

1 Like

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Kevineleven(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2023
What system of government are they even using in the western world, that made them so advanced?
I think our government should go and learn because am tired o.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Donedeal1(m): 8:33am On Aug 05, 2023
This idea is the best antidote to

Insecurities.

Since the introduction of retired general into

NSA the situations has gone worst.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Tareq1105: 8:33am On Aug 05, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
Tinubu is not here to deliver good governance...
He is there to loot and enrich himself like previous leaders...
Anybody telling you that Tinubu will deliver is just lying to himself...

You're already out of the Renewed Hope Agenda. I'm optimistic. He doesn't have to nominate a retired General.

Obasanjo made Engr Rabiu Musa Kwakwaso Minister of Defense between 2003-2007 and heaven did not fall.

By now, if anyone is still thinking that Tinubu doesn't know what he's doing then such person needs a mental check up.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Tareq1105: 8:36am On Aug 05, 2023
Tntsi:
Whether he shuns ex generals or not, he remains unconstitutional.

As for the coup in Niger, I believe one of the major enabler of the coup is the presidential election in our nation.

There may be other reasons but I believe the presidential elections in our country and the response from supposed fathers and elders gave the coup plotters in niger a major courage.

The constitution which is the fabric that holds democracy in our nation has been desecrated.
Democracy in our country is dead. Nigeria is under a political coup. Respected leaders and fathers in the land who should have made their voices to be heard turned a blind eye.
Some of them have gone to mediate in niger and the young men refused to listen.

Peharps ,if our respected fathers and elders have raised their voice against the coup in Nigeria, our brothers in niger would have listened to them.

It's obvious you have problem and it's not necessary to engage with you online.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Tareq1105: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2023
Truthday:
Good

The generals are not useful for the lingering and growing insecurity in the country. It'll be insensitive to include such failure in the progress of this country

Since insecurities envelope Nigeria, what have we achieved by appointment of retired General as Minister of Defense or as NSA? Has insecurities gone?

Rather they create confusion and in-fighting especially on who would purchase this or that military fighting equipment, fighter jets, armoured tank vehicles etc. NSA would say it's my responsibility, minister of defense would say he's the one. See, Nigeria and Nigerians would be fine without them. Let's try something different please.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by calabardick(m): 8:55am On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Tinubu is showing disdain for the Armed Forces, I hope they don’t return the favour to him someday.

First, he appointed an ex police officer to supervise them as NSA.

Now he’s going to appoint a civilian as Minister of Defence.

From my knowledge of history and power, this is a recipe for disaster.

But what do I know?

like seriously?
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Tareq1105: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2023
lexy2014:
What in the world does nigeria need 47 ministers for?

I thought Tinubu said there's no money? How will all these offices be financed?

Gov Adeleke appointed 28 commissioners.

Gov Fintiri appointed 45 Special Advisers and 25 commissioners.

Gov Otti appointed 35 Advisers and 30 commissioners.

Tinubu want to unbundle some Ministries like:

Information and Culture &Tourism

Education

Sports and Youths Development

Agriculture and Rural Development

Trade, Commerce & Investment

Transport & Aviation

Health

Works, Housing & Power etc

Tinubu has identified those Ministries he would unbundled to enable them to be efficient and deliver their mandate to the citizenry.

Let's allow him to do the work he's elected to do. He's not stupid. Nobody is pushing him. He doesn't have godfather, he's the godfather and the kingmaker.

Let's see what he has in stock.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Tareq1105: 9:29am On Aug 05, 2023
Mccullum:

How does that correlates together. Even if something happens in Libya now, it's as a result of Nigeria presidential election grin

You know haters can hold onto anything as their reason for hating you.

He's talking of election in Nigeria and coup plotters in Niger. I don't know the correlation if not mere hatred. That's how they reason. Normally I don't encourage them with my response. I just ignore them.

I know that after the judgement, whoever that is buying data for them would stop. Bcoz I know someone is buying data for them and they have WhatsApp platforms where they chat. I was once contacted by a lady in January to join but I declined.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Bfly: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2023
Sp far nothing is changing for the people
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by gaskiyamagana: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2023
Gajagojo:
Why?
Even during the Biafra war we had a civilian
under a military government
Many of you insist on talking about things you are totally clueless about

In the First republic and second republic we had civilians

It was Obasanjo who started the practice because he was a soldier and Buhari did same
In a democracy it is important to teach the military subordination to elected officials and their civilian appointees

The US and her NATO allies have civilians
If it is true that we were totally clueless about the issue, you are totally iin delima comparing Nigeria to US and NATO when we are talking about political DEFENSE AND SECURITY issues.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Poske95(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:

Quick...not good thinking.......so the products too will be quick products, not good products.....TOYOTA

Let's watch and see
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by lexy2014: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2023
Tareq1105:

Gov Adeleke appointed 28 commissioners.

Gov Fintiri appointed 45 Special Advisers and 25 commissioners.

Gov Otti appointed 35 Advisers and 30 commissioners.

Tinubu want to unbundle some Ministries like:

Information and Culture &Tourism

Education

Sports and Youths Development

Agriculture and Rural Development

Trade, Commerce & Investment

Transport & Aviation

Health

Works, Housing & Power etc

Tinubu has identified those Ministries he would unbundled to enable them to be efficient and deliver their mandate to the citizenry.

Let's allow him to do the work he's elected to do. He's not stupid. Nobody is pushing him. He doesn't have godfather, he's the godfather and the kingmaker.

Let's see what he has in stock.

how does that answer the questions.

What in the world does nigeria need 47 ministers for?

I thought Tinubu said there's no money? How will all these offices be financed?
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Azzik: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nazgul:
I was listening to one of IBB's old interviews with channels TV on YouTube...and he said something that struck me.

He said soldiers usually take advantage of a collapsing economy to stage a coup. And most times the masses wouldn't protest cos they're feeling the heat of the economy, and would welcome them (the soldiers) with open arms with the hope that things would change for their good.

I also read an interview of a former chief of army staff Gen Dambazu here on Nairaland who said some powerful northern retired generals told him to overthrow Jonathan when Yar'adua died, but he choose not to follow their advice cos he felt that Nigeria would face serious sanctions from the West if he does it.

Tinubu should understand this. He literally witnessed all the coups in Nigeria from January 1966 till Diya's I'll fated coup of December 1997.

Nigeria isn't Lagos. If he tries to monopolize power, he might loose that seat. He shouldn't give the military any reason to come back.

I know so many people might say they would prefer the military. But we should know that the military we have now is totally different from the crop that ruled Nigeria back then. Our army is highly politicalized. Meaning there wouldn't be any difference between them and our current crop of corrupt politicans.
You are very much on point... soldiers nowadays collect bribe like policemen
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by zoghys: 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:

Your bitterness is killing you softly. Judge this man after at least two years into his tenure. Common sense if any should tell you that no government can perform miracle in two months especially with all our pile up problems.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by felong(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2023
Nazgul:
I was listening to one of IBB's old interviews with channels TV on YouTube...and he said something that struck me.

He said soldiers usually take advantage of a collapsing economy to stage a coup. And most times the masses wouldn't protest cos they're feeling the heat of the economy, and would welcome them (the soldiers) with open arms with the hope that things would change for their good.

I also read an interview of a former chief of army staff Gen Dambazu here on Nairaland who said some powerful northern retired generals told him to overthrow Jonathan when Yar'adua died, but he choose not to follow their advice cos he felt that Nigeria would face serious sanctions from the West if he does it.

Tinubu should understand this. He literally witnessed all the coups in Nigeria from January 1966 till Diya's I'll fated coup of December 1997.

Nigeria isn't Lagos. If he tries to monopolize power, he might loose that seat. He shouldn't give the military any reason to come back.

I know so many people might say they would prefer the military. But we should know that the military we have now is totally different from the crop that ruled Nigeria back then. Our army is highly politicalized. Meaning there wouldn't be any difference between them and our current crop of corrupt politicans.
Democracy is still far better than military government.
Re: Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet by Anguldi(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25
Nazgul:

Your mind dey there, things are getting worse undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Too Much Money: This PDP Man Poses With Piles Of Naira Notes - Photo / Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Chris Ngige For His Recent Comments About Igbos / El-Rufai: Buhari Not Aware Of Threat To Kidnap Him Until I Told Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.