Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna (40046 Views)

Mustapha Suleiman And Fatima Abdullahi Tuge: Ex Lovers Take Case To Police / Lady Calls Out Man Who Has Been Asking Her Out But Got Married In December / Yakubu Chanji Nafsi-Nafsi Bride Is 20 Years, N300,000 Paid As Dowry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by sync(f): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
After the wedding, what next?

1 Like

Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by complexstuffs(m): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
olaniyilukman:
This is not a matter of easy going, instead of paying by his dowry, the dpo should have used the fund to empower the husband to be

You should have read the story instead of reading only the headline.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Ubanz: 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
What good has he done to the young man.
He should've encouraged him to further his education.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by PoliciaNLand: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
But they can be commuting adultery?

Life isn't that hard to live in the North as in South, they'll eating and other necessities will be taken care of.

Ask those who are great today, they started almost in same way.

you're being watched
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by LONEWOLFJOHN: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
tishbite42:
Person wey no fit pay 20k for your head, na im you go marry?!
Just imagine stupid people, they claim Aliyu is hard working yet he can not provide #20k for over period of time, which can of hardwork is that now? Now he will begin to born bandits

1 Like

Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Valuepaints20(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ok
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by uuzba(m): 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
DrChukki:
Getting married is one thing... Meeting up with family responsibilities is another thing.

A man that couldn't pay 20k, how can he take care of his wife and family? I pray God intervenes for him.

But myself, I can't do such gesture... A man that can't pay his wife's dowry is not ready yet for marriage.
Simple!
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Georgejeez: 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
The only thing I saw is that the DPO is a fellow Northern Muslim ,Lawan Abdullahi

But come to the South , you wouldn't find a Southerner occupying the DPO office , it's still the Aliyu's, Isa's , Musa's and Abdullahi's ...

This country isn't balanced at all
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by ezegenigbonine: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
About to born children you can not feed and train all because of love chai, there by giving birth to terrorist, hoodlums or kidnappers. There is God ooo
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Kapeter(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

News headline can be sensational sometimes.
The 20k may be the main dowry fee. Based on the news content, the total amount contributed should be 104k. From DPO 53k, groom family N51k.
Ok thanks for clarification. Hopefully they'd find some business and start and not waste it all.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by favour32(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
LUAN:
no, soup is soup Bro. Ask him well, he will tell you that soup is soup ..literally
Food is just the major things In a human race, back in the days, there was no other billing than money for food
In recent times,soup money is expanded to various billings.God help the man, if his wife is not a help mate.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Abudu2000(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
I remember years back when I married, i had about 2m left after expenses but 3months into marriage i had less than 400k. Marriage isn’t for the broke!!!
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Curse777: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
DPO is a Police DCP he can afford to give them that from his salary without stress
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by wildernessVoice: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kudos to the D.P.O.
But can one be hardworking and can't provide 20k.
After payment of dowry and marriage, how do they survive...?
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
YelloweWest:
The poverty in the north is too much.

You can't marry with 2m naira in Portharcourt presently, except you impregnate the girl and just "do small thing for her head"
why ll I use 2m to Marry a Lady when I node work for Chevron or be footballer??
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by FireUpNow(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
sleek214:
E no cost, make him go help a non Igbo man trying to marry an Igbo lady from Imo or Anambra.
Who you help? Learn to appreciate people. Thumbs up for the DPO, may God bless him. I wish the couple happy married life
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Gandrova: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
tishbite42:
Love is beyond monetary value.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by JONSYN7154: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
Can igbo or yoruba DPO do such thing?

Despite hausa's fanatic behaviour that are 10,000 times better than DPO from the aforementioned tribes.
I was once stranded on a trip and and hausa man helped me out after reaching to our Christian people from the South.

IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Gandrova: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
whippersnapper:
I'm i the only one who finds this post funny.
It is not funny, it is amazing and wonderful gesture
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by DrChukki: 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
complexstuffs:

This is not about the south east.

Northerners particularly the Muslims are easy going people.

Please, what's the correlation between Region and religion and my comment...?
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Mohisah: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
whippersnapper:
I'm i the only one who finds this post funny.
It funny n smhw educating. People from other angles can help in such situation if they're buoyant. This might help to reduce marriage for money.
In this our Northern part, it may surprise you that both parties are under 18s, but it not forbidden with our region to marry, but u shld be able to cater for her, that's the deal.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Gandrova: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
Porksupplyib:
Not a bad gesture from the DPO. However I just hope oga DPO will continue to donate money for family upkeep? grin
Na olodo you be. They made mentioned he is hard working but not financially bouyant.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Opanka44(m): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
tishbite42:

I tire o my brother. Dem dey help man pay bride price? U are not even supposed to borrow money or beg for Bridde price from anyone. There is something beyond physical with bride price cos it has lots of spiritual connotations
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by chicfarmer: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
Give DPO one better song na grin grin
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Elzazzi: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
blackdover:
How will they sustain the marriage ?

I asked again.

Same question I asked also.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Gandrova: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
Most people don't understand the writeup or never understood it. It was started that the groom is hardworking, but not financially bouyant. It clearly shows he has a brighter future ahead of him. Mind you, Marriage attract special blessing from Almighty God.
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by olaniyilukman(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
complexstuffs:

You should have read the story instead of reading only the headline.
I read everything and I am saying the facts here, how do you explain it to reasonable individuals that a man who can't afford #20k to pay his bride dowry can take up financial responsibility attached to marriage
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
tishbite42:
Man must nack wack
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by complexstuffs(m): 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
DrChukki:

Please, what's the correlation between Region and religion and my comment...?

The correlation is glaring.

Northern Muslim girls are not for sale and don't go to the highest bidder
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by YelloweWest: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
why ll I use 2m to Marry a Lady when I node work for Chevron or be footballer??
Canopy chairs and decorations alone will be more than 2m
Re: DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna by Roger3D(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/dpo-goes-viral-after-paying-dowry-for-lovers-to-get-married-in-kaduna/
Any correct man will go for that. If the hoe won't stick with you when you're down, then she aint worth it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Parents Slapped Me For Dating A Crippled Man - Wife (Video) / Man Unblocks Girlfriend To Inform Her Of His Wedding And Blocks Her Again / Nigerian Man Posts Video Of Girlfriend Confessing To Cheating (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.