Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger (28042 Views)

Niger Coup Plotters Warn Tinubu & ECOWAS Leaders Against Sending Army To Niger / Remember Senator That Slapped Nursing Mother Mercilessly? SEE What Senate Did / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by okorogodwin4(m): 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
ElSudani:
Beware of IPOB bureau of Misinformation.
I know that you are from brown roof estate Oshodi under bridge Fulani has conquered Ilorin but your problem is IPOB

2 Likes

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by etrange: 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
"By FG and not Tinubu" is kinda new.
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by flokii: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
War is coming.. I saw our soldiers and their colleagues from ECOWAS countries dressed in ECOMOG kits trooping into Niger republic.

While I am for return to democracy in Niger republic, PBAT and other Ecowas states should move to stop former colonialists from taking natural resources away from Africa, if possible, we should have our own benchmark currency in Africa and no country in Europe should take a pin from Africa again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
happney65:
Some people don't know that Tinubu doesn't need the approval of anyone if he wants to invade anywhere. Our presidential system of government doesn't require the approval of the House before the President can declare War. He can declare with or without the support of anybody

It is just for normal protocol to inform the Senate and nothing else.

P.S. We hope his brain no go touch go invade Niger Republic sha ooo. We don't want unnecessary wahala

cheesy
Stop advertising your ignorance
The president MUST seek the approval of NASS before he can declare war or deploy troops outside Nigeria. So says the constitution

2 Likes

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
Two things I've learnt in the last few days:

1. Things are not always what they seem.
2. Once in a while, it's better to sit the media out.
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by okorogodwin4(m): 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nigeria military are hungry there families are suffering some of them can't pay school fees if we decieve ourselves and go to war we will loose
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
Same Zombies who have been calling the rejection a strategy are now calling the news ipob
This Zombies are daft!!
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Elsueno: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
GeneralPula:
3} Recognize the fact that president Tinubu by virtue of his correspondence had not asked for the approval or the parliament or senate to go to war, has been erroneously suggested in some quarters, rather the president had expressed " a wish to respectfully solicit the support of the National Assembly in the support of successful implementation of the Ecowas resolutions" as outlined in the said communication.

Enemies of Nigeria been trying to manipulate fake news for people out there..

Tinubu has never said he's bringing war to Niger. Nigeria has no problem with Niger. This isn't a Nigeria VS Niger situation. It's Ecowas VS Niger 🇳🇪. But mischievous people kept on propagating fake news..

President listed up to 8 things but enemies of our great country kept on screaming war war war... Nah shame go end their matter eventually..

Only ur fellow agbdori@ns don't know that without Nigeria, Ecowas is useless. Dis mainly due to d fact that Nigeria provides over 80% of d necessary funding & troops..I notice d only people mostly advocating for starving & invading Niger are mostly agbodri@ns of South western extraction...d thing is, average northerners never really liked tinubu, destabilizing thier region for some cheap recognition from d west would most likely cause tinubus popularity & future ambitions to plumate

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by AfonjaPriest: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
Clearcalls:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angela
G.TBank
Red flag. Disclaimer. Persona non grata.
This person, known as Angela, has all these names for just one account in GTBank:
Ann, Anne, AngelaUbi, Anngela, Angella, Anna, Angela, Angela Ubi, Angelah, etc.
He is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
Go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by nighthawk1: 11:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
Simply give the senators and reps arms to go and get the job done. Let them justify their jamboree incomes.

We will applaud them in camouflage and been the first Boots on the ground in Niamey. I believe they have blood flowing in their veins too.

We waive all prerequisite training snd qualifications required to be a soldier for the Senators/,Reps. Just go there and represent Nigeria and make us proud.
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Angrygoat: 12:01am On Aug 06, 2023
U willsoon be caught. Idiot scammer.
Clearcalls:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angela
G.TBank

1 Like

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Charly68: 12:16am On Aug 06, 2023
It is cyber war against the presidency .. we must be careful with those using internet to manipulate people's opinion today

1 Like

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by manchyme: 12:31am On Aug 06, 2023
Saifullah01:
This is crap.

I don't get this crap about ipob are the ones not supportng the war going on in this forum. Are these real Nigerians or foreign cyber agents (trolls) that are on overdrive to see this war happen.

For the avoidance of doubt THE NORTH IN ITS ENTIRETY, DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS MILITARY MISADVENTURE WE ARE ABOUT TO EMBARK ON IN NIGER

The north has close to 1500km border stretch with Niger does Nigeria has the resources to police it if Niger becomes a failed state after the military intervention? The North will bear the full brunt of any adverse aftermath of this war. What the senators are doing is protecting the interest of the north - and that's why we elected them.

The French pushing Tinubu behind the scenes to go to this war are doing so to secure their cheap uranium which powers more than 30% of France's nuclear reactors and 25% of the entire EU. The French military were recently sent parking from Mali and Burkina Faso, Niger is where they made base. So this war is about maintaining their military and economic grip on Africa not about any democracy in Niger.

Apart from flawed Democracy (through flawed electoral processes) that litter the African political sphere what is Nigeria's national interest in Niger?

this is not about Nigerian, it's about ecowas, Nigerian president just happened to be the chairman. Why una just dey make me vex with propaganda and low thinking. Nobody is going to war, it's a military intervention by ecowas. Let ecowas help their brother because they need us now. It's a family affair that an agreement was signed to that. Don't you get it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Bigchristo: 12:44am On Aug 06, 2023
GeneralPula:
3} Recognize the fact that president Tinubu by virtue of his correspondence had not asked for the approval or the parliament or senate to go to war, has been erroneously suggested in some quarters, rather the president had expressed " a wish to respectfully solicit the support of the National Assembly in the support of successful implementation of the Ecowas resolutions" as outlined in the said communication.

Tinubu has never said he's bringing war to Niger. Nigeria has no problem with Niger. This isn't a Nigeria VS Niger situation. It's Ecowas VS Niger 🇳🇪. But mischievous people kept on propagating fake news..

President listed up to 8 things but enemies of our great country kept on screaming war war war... Nah shame go end their matter eventually..
You failed to understand the meaning of sending troops to fight in a foreign country if those countries decided to fight back they will be fighting back via lunching an attack on your country, same you were clapping for UKraine when they lunch attack on Russia in their territory while the war is raging in Ukraine, Don’t think your country is strong enough to play super power role in restoring peace in Niger when the same countries military couldn’t overruns and flush out insurgents since 2009 till date that’s 14yrs, what Ammunition do you think your country have to defend themselves when sending troops backfires? Russia and China , US,UK France etc that sent troops to fight in foreign countries send 0.5% of their troops the rest are reserved in case of any counter attacks from any countries, Nigeria a country without Air raid sirens or missiles defense batteries are trying to go to war with people that went to seek allies with Russia, this is exactly how Ukraine was destroyed make una Dey use everything Dey do politics
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by watersideboys: 12:49am On Aug 06, 2023
What's the difference between seeing to implement and asking to implement. Its all thesame thing abeg
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by KanwuliaExtra: 12:50am On Aug 06, 2023
Polchiz:

Deny this live coverage too.
Ode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5E84-ylxC4&

OHO!🤣

Liars!
TIEFNUBU already committed acts of WAR.
Now he is looking for how to get approval after his blackmailers have pushed home to act like the old fooooool he will forever be.

US should release the SEXX-files of this Agbado Blockos jor!😀
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by naijaking1: 2:03am On Aug 06, 2023
eagleu:
Imagine what the headline would have been if the same number of senators endorse and agree with Tinubu.

Senate APPROVES Tinubu's request to attack Niger Republic!!!
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Afolabimills(m): 2:12am On Aug 06, 2023
GeneralPula:

we know them sir those who call Nigeria zoo yet fight to become the president

1 Like

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Afolabimills(m): 2:16am On Aug 06, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Just look at how the obidient camp concocted and orchestrated this wonderful lie
Always using lies and falsehood to garner sympathy
I tire for una oh
very terrible set of animals some of them are even moderators on nairaland that will ban me for standing with the president they lack respect for the president yet God will continue to shame and expose them

1 Like

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by saintrow1: 2:23am On Aug 06, 2023
We know that already, it is the eboes aka children of hate and evils that are spreading fake news as usual. Suddenly the pro coup d'état have become the new lovers of Niger, the same country that they spat on and insulted during buhari's administration.

1 Like

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:39am On Aug 06, 2023
thesicilian:
I am quite amazed at the way Tinubu is going about his presidency business with all confidence despite his case at the tribunal.
where is the Case... The one that ll be thrown into dustbin soon... Tinubu APC has won only bitter pple can't move on...

2 Likes

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by JAYUK(m): 3:05am On Aug 06, 2023
ECOWAS needs our senate to approve it's resolution, was ECOWAS set up by our senate.This is a clear failed damage control.
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by REALretep(m): 3:17am On Aug 06, 2023
blamingthedevil:

https://twitter.com/woye1/status/1687920848357773312
Balablu should simply hide his head in shame. He has embarrassed himself before the international community.
This fake damage control no work.
The senate clearly rejected his request for military intervention in Niger
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by abcity2001(m): 3:23am On Aug 06, 2023
Will you shut up enemy of progress
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by t2luv1: 3:37am On Aug 06, 2023
Saifullah01:
This is crap.

I don't get this crap about ipob are the ones not supportng the war going on in this forum. Are these real Nigerians or foreign cyber agents (trolls) that are on overdrive to see this war happen.

For the avoidance of doubt THE NORTH IN ITS ENTIRETY, DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS MILITARY MISADVENTURE WE ARE ABOUT TO EMBARK ON IN NIGER

The north has close to 1500km border stretch with Niger does Nigeria has the resources to police it if Niger becomes a failed state after the military intervention? The North will bear the full brunt of any adverse aftermath of this war. What the senators are doing is protecting the interest of the north - and that's why we elected them.

The French pushing Tinubu behind the scenes to go to this war are doing so to secure their cheap uranium which powers more than 30% of France's nuclear reactors and 25% of the entire EU. The French military were recently sent parking from Mali and Burkina Faso, Niger is where they made base. So this war is about maintaining their military and economic grip on Africa not about any democracy in Niger.

Apart from flawed Democracy (through flawed electoral processes) that litter the African political sphere what is Nigeria's national interest in Niger?

To answer your question: NONE

1 Like

Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Charisma01: 3:41am On Aug 06, 2023
Goodlady:
Damage control.
Different news outlets carried it. Can't FG sue one person as scape goat?
Btw elupees and APC we don't know who to support. Both look devilish.

You're a baad girl. So OBIdients still giving y'all nightmares.
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Charisma01: 3:43am On Aug 06, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Just look at how the obidient camp concocted and orchestrated this wonderful lie
Always using lies and falsehood to garner sympathy
I tire for una oh

Keep having nightmares, Obi is coming.
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Cj4charles(m): 4:13am On Aug 06, 2023
ElSudani:
Beware of IPOB bureau of Misinformation.
and also beware of Ebola### For your own safety
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by awoluyi(m): 4:23am On Aug 06, 2023
I pray that Nigeria will not spend the so-called savings from fuel subsidy removal in prosecuting a senseless war against Niger.
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by babalose: 4:46am On Aug 06, 2023
Should we stop helping the African nation Niger now that they have been bought by Putin with diamond mines? Should we stop sending aide to Haiti as well?
“Should we stop helping the African nation Niger now that they have been bought by Putin with diamond mines? Should we stop sending aide to Haiti as well?”

Strange question.

I am not sure what diamond mines they used to buy Putin. Or Putin giving them diamond mines where? In Siberia?

Since Niger does not have diamond mines. 75% of the country's export is Uranium ore. All of which goes to France. 80% of what France pays, by law, has to remain in Paris. Before Niger can request and use this money. Niger has to apply to the French government,with reasons what it is for. France has the right to release it or not.

But that abuses the sovereignty of an independent nation you would say.

Very true, but that is what most of the 26 African francophone countries had to agree on before they got their independence. Under duress may I add.

Now you see why Guinea, Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger had recently had a coup and kicked not only the French out, but their puppets in government.

And more to come. Citizens of other surrounding countries are waiting for the restart button the military can offer.

The other exports of Niger are gold, meat and beans. No diamonds to offer.

Do you lot know how much you legally loot out of Africa? Then you turn around, toss some crumbs back as “Aid"

Thank you very much.

Let's use a more commercial example then Uranium take by France from Niger, and used to power their multi billion euro industry. While holding onto the payments. Let's talk chocolate

Ghana earns $2 billion a year from cocoa. Less then a fifth of what that cocoa will generate. Let's not even mention the farmers

The African cocoa farmers who are taking on Big Chocolate
Why is it so difficult for poor countries to break out of poverty by extracting higher prices for raw materials like cocoa and controlling the supply chain?
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2019-12-17/africa-big-chocolate
How much “aid" to you want to make it a fair trade?

Every single African countries is shafted with this colonial way of dealing, that spilled into the post colonial era.

Let's not start on Nigerian crude.

And why do they succeed? Because of sanctions and murder of progressive African leaders, replacing the with puppets with fat London, Paris or New York accounts. Strange that they do not have Moscow or Beijing accounts.

That is why we Africans have turned east. They don't lecture us while looting us, they do business.

The west gives aid and pointless loans that return back to them in the bank accounts of our leaders.

The Chinese tend to build instead and take what they built as collateral. Which they run. If the take over a port as collateral, are they taking it away from Africa? No. It remains in Africa, generating income, jobs and taxes.

Kamala Harris came to Africa, landing on airports built by the Chinese, drove on Chinese made roads, to tell us not to deal with China. Are you having a laugh?

Africa may or may not be supporting Russia. However they want what Russia is selling. Real independence from the old colonial masters.

This was the representation of Africa in the Russia/African summit. Which western media claimed was shunted by Africa. Notice that Niger did not attend. Guess they were busy kick out puppets.

BRICS offering protection from sanctions, Russia offering stabilization, and China business.

So come on west. Counter that offer. Pay the fair price for our resources. Stop interfering in Africa, and keep your so called aid.

So back to direct question. The answer is. Keep your aid. Niger will now sell its Uranium ore and gold directly on the open market. All their money will come home and not held by Paris. And the French can freeze and sit in darkness for all the Nigeriens care. Or pay the premium price for the fuel for their nuclear stations. Niger will earn hundred gold any aid you can give them.

France had threatened military action if their interests are hurt. What interests does France have in Niger? The whole resources of Niger. Puppet African countries lead by leaders that got in on openly rigged election had also threatened them. As a result. Guinea, Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger had informed that an attack on one is an attack on all.

As for Haiti. With all the murderous dictator like Papa Doc and Baby Doc the US unleashed on that country. You should be paying them compensation forever.
Re: Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger by Reference(m): 5:41am On Aug 06, 2023
Kukutente23:

Stop advertising your ignorance
The president MUST seek the approval of NASS before he can declare war or deploy troops outside Nigeria. So says the constitution

Moreover 'war' costs a lot of money that is never budgeted for which will have to be appropriated.
The recession the country experienced in the 90's was as a result of misappropriation for the ECOMOG operations on the west coast.
Nigeria has not recovered till date.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muhammad Bello Rejects Dangote’s Ramadan Gifts For Vulnerable, Displaced Persons / Atiku Vs Buhari: Arewa Youths Endorse Ex-vice President, Give Reasons / Rescheduled Elections Could Encounter Setback In 13 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.