Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. (33967 Views)

How Do People Survive In Nigeria? / Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / Best Countries To Survive Global Apocalypse(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Omotaday(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2023
Number 2 is trash talk

No matter how ghetto Lagos is, telling people not to respond to greetings make no sense. Not funny sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Sucre6: 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2023
Op, this is hilarious 😂

If u have ever stayed or lived in Mararaba in Abuja, then you will blend in just fine in Lagos, mararaba comprises of all this that I has mentioned here and even more 😂😂

I ones saw two girls fighting dirty at Mararaba Junction, one with a broke head and blood gushing out everywhere, unfortunate people that came to separate fight all lost their phones, wallet and even shoes in the process.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

OmO Nah that hood I grow up before leaving there, we all the mad together, forget say I look gentle, when I come to mararaba to check on my people, I dress like a Yahoo boy and put my face cap backward, Nah so area boys go dey hail you, senior man, Abro my manchi your boys loyal oh, as them see say u self Nah rugged nigga dem no go fit obtain you, them go begin fams u.

Nah money to smoke igbo dem dey find, just give them #200 and they are ready to kill anyone on your command 😅😅😅😅

4 Likes

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by correctguy101(m): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2023
Werey OP.. angry grin

On point.
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Ofemmanu1: 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
Naso o.
If you can make it in Lagos, you can make it anywhere..
If you can drive in Lagos, you can drive anywhere in the world.

If you no wise for Lagos, you not fit wise anywhere else.

Proudly Agege boy fi life!

4 Likes

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Mountbatten: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2023
Lagos is an overrated ghetto. The “premium” areas look like swamp in the rainy season.

Only reason a lot of Nigerians live in Lagos is the job opportunities there. Horrible road network, substandard transport system, poor infrastructure, limited public amenities, streets littered with hawkers, refuse, and beggars.

Terrible “city”.

6 Likes

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2023
Computer Village!!!

SMH 🤦‍♂️
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by ipobarecriminals: 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2023
cool.Correct
AmotekunSW:

Do you know why Obaseki has not paid your mother's pension?
He is stealing Edo state blind and taking it to Lagos.

Keep calling Lagos a slum when you have no future.

1 Like

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Josephkabila12: 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Do you know why Obaseki has not paid your mother's pension?
He is stealing Edo state blind and taking it to Lagos.

Keep calling Lagos a slum when you have no future.
that slawomir is ibo don't take him serious

1 Like

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Nice2023(m): 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2023
Land of 95% abnormal people vs 5% normal people.
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Nahunger(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hm
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Ofemmanu1: 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
Omotaday:
Number 2 is trash talk

No matter how ghetto Lagos is, telling people not to respond to greetings make no sense. Not funny sorry.

Yeah, you may respond but it depends on the Area and the person greeting you.

Many unsuspecting peeps have lost valuables when attending to greetings from strangers.

When touts tried to arrange me at Eleko Beach, I just told em " Alaye, Fi le, Champion!! " Agege l'oga wa o".

and that was it.
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by thaoriginator: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
Home of the the wise and the brave plus the rugged and smartest cool

Ikoyi/Obalende representative 🦍
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by PlayerMeji: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
You wey dey live for the slums of Ekpoma dey get liver fit talk about Lagos anyha...

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Hell no
Nobody wanna go to that overrated damnnn slum of a place

Not to talk of learning 17 things on how to survive

Rather learn 600 things on how to survive in abuja

Have been to lagos and Abuja as a Bini son

And I must confess lagos is nosiy and a shit hole

2 Likes

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Onelove508: 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by 90dbest: 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
Keep jumping from thread to thread looking for lgbo topics with your more than twenty monickers ,while avoiding Fulani that has chased Yoruba out of ilorin.tribe of shameless cowards.useless Yoruba forum that had nothing to offer other than hate and sycophancy.[i][/i]
AmotekunSW:
Those economic refugees whose region is controlled by non-state actors will cram this thread.

They prefer to come to Lagos than go to heaven. Spits.

1 Like

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by PlayerMeji: 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2023
Na one boy for Ekpoma he be...no be even Bino boy wey we for dey say he try...

Josephkabila12:
that slawomir is ibo don't take him serious
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by pendragonbladgo(m): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2023
Goodlyhrt:
Go PH you go know say Lagos dey play
How can you compare PH and Lagos, we are talking about normal rugged society.
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by BreconHills(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Klington:
No. 18

Lagos: love her or leave her. She doesn't care. She'll keep gyrating to her beat and spitting out billionaires and and paupers without missing a step. She doesn't even know you've gone because many more are arriving on the night bus.

Whenever I am abroad I miss her. The dynamism, the life, the energy, the people.

Lagos.

1 Like

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by 90dbest: 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2023
Have you been to porthacourt
pendragonbladgo:

How can you compare PH and Lagos, we are talking about normal rugged society.

1 Like

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Omotaday(m): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Yeah, you may respond but it depends on the Area and the person greeting you.

Many unsuspecting peeps have lost valuables when attending to greetings from strangers.

When touts tried to arrange me at Eleko Beach, I just told em " Alaye, Fi le, Champion!! " Agege l'oga wa o".

and that was it.
That’s the point. He should have specified that in his writing. Lagos is not limited to Agege and Ajegunle.
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Winters23: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
Icrave4u:
YOU WANT TO SURVIVE IN LAGOS: 17 Things you must not do.

1. On a bus, When you sit by the window. Never operate your phone, It will be snatched from your hand. This is a quintessential occurence in some surbuban parts of Lagos such as Agege and Mushin. In fact, anywhere in Lagos.

2. Whenever someone greets you on the road, Do not answer him or her especially when he approaches you from behind.

3. If you see people fighting, Mind your business!!. I repeat MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!

4. You must learn how to argue with a bus conductor, when he tries cheating you.
And please whenever you do. Please don't use Standard English. You must have had a good knowledge of Pidgin before you come to Lagos. If not I can teach you. 🤣

5. Walk with a known Nigerian, on the first weeks of your stay in Lagos. He'll show you the ropes or else you go suffer.

6. Whenever you're walking in a deserted area in Lagos. Walk like a gangster, not like a responsible person. If you do, Miscreants will feel you're defensive and wouldn't come close to you. Street sense ✌🤣

7. Anything you did not find on your head, Please don't pick it. (You understand what I mean).

8. When you're crossing the road. Turn into a Ronaldo. Cars come in massive droves. They won't hit you but you must learn how to dribble them. 🤣

9. When you want to buy soft drinks, Buy soft drinks from people hawking in the traffic. It is believed that the drinks taste sweeter than the ones bought from people in shops😅. Just a belief!!

10. When you see a large number of people running, don't wait or ask questions. Just run with them. RUN RUN RUN!!! Ask when it is safe!! Run o🤣

11. Never leave Lagos without taking a ride on Third Mainland Bridge. It is a sin😅

12. Don't dance to any music you hear, never stare or laugh at people. Don't speak to anyone in the bus until they speak to you first.

13. Whenever you walk in a crowded area, hold your phone firmly in your hand, not in your bag or pocket or else Sope oti lo.

14. Whenever you want to ask for Directions, say this. "Sorry, Please, Excuse me...then ask your question". It is compulsory to say all of them. Don't omit any. Everybody is angry in Nigeria.😂

15. It's often said that the number of people who are mentally normal in Lagos aren't up to 5. In essence, If a Lagosian teases you, don't take him serious. Just be cool to prevent issues. We're mád in this Lagos!!. I am the only nórmal person in my area.

16. There's one popular "Den of scámmers" in Lagos called Computer Village. It is the most popular place for buying and repairing electronic devices. But please and please open your eyes very well before you buy fufu package in a phone case of buy a swapped electronics.😁

17. And lastly LAGOS is a comedy centre, you will love the drama you will be seeing around.

Lagos, Its mix of tradition and modernity, combined with its rich culture and entrepreneurial spirit, makes it an exciting and attractive destination for people from all over the world. Lagos is very very fun and sweet once you understand the system. It's not a bad place to be, it's just a place to be SMART and WISE!!
EKO ILE OGBON!

Na thesame lagos wey I dey abi na another one?

These shits are strange to me
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by PlayerMeji: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
Talk true, he dey pain you!

The way wey Muslim igbos take dey grow for Enugu in the next 5 years dem go contest for governorship and once dem win... Na to turn Enugu to islamic state....

90dbest:
Keep jumping from thread to thread looking for lgbo topics with your more than twenty monickers ,while avoiding Fulani that has chased Yoruba out of ilorin.tribe of shameless cowards.useless Yoruba forum that had nothing to offer other than hate and sycophancy.[i][/i]
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by TheSuperX(m): 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2023
Lagos is overpopulated and too congested, whatever you do always endeavor you shine your eyes, if you act like a weakling they will take advantage of you especially those agberos/touts.

1 Like

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by vicshub(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2023
Another Den of scammers na Alaba international Market
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by eebraa(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
My MAJOR advice to newcomers is DON'T PATRONISE HOOK UP/OLOSHO GIRLS! YOU WILL NOT SAVE/INVEST THE SMALL SALARY YOU EARN.
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by vicshub(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
Alabarago na Den of dirtiness and robbery
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by 90dbest: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Talk true, he dey pain you!

The way wey Muslim igbos take dey grow for Enugu in the next 5 years dem go contest for governorship and once dem win... Na to turn Enugu to islamic state....

mad Muslim pig

1 Like

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by AmotekunSW: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
90dbest:

Look at this useless slave. Go and untie your mother from the bondage of illiterate criminals tying her down like a pig every Monday.
Useless nonentity. Federal slave of Nigeria.
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
This was me some years backs. Even when I left I was yearning to go back at first because Kaduna life was boring to me then. Now i'm use to Kaduna style of life, and find lagos lifestyle stressful and life draining.
AmGreat1234:
What many people are passing through in Lagos is something else. The funny part of it all is that, average of the people suffering there would never want to relocate and try life elsewhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by Hueyreckless0007: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
Why not relocate to Abj and live a sane quite life with reasonable, friendly and accommodating people?
Re: You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. by whitekad(m): 12:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
Klington:
No. 18
yes I agreed with you, but why all Igbos in Nigeria are rushing in there everyday. Can't u people stayed in ur clean states and leave Lagos alone Bec it's u people that dirty Lagos for us . Stupid Biafra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In / An Adventure To Kwa Waterfalls With Pictures / Benue State Has The Most Amazing Hills: A Tourist Delight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.