Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy (32304 Views)

One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Myer(m): 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Tell me why I must forgive my daddy and my Late Mummy.

I was 4years while my elder Sister was 6years when my daddy and my Mummy had a serious misunderstanding, so few weeks later, my daddy was transferred to Kaduna from Lagos being a Solder ( who knows I he was the on that requested for that).

On one fateful day, my Mummy went to the market to buy some stuffs in the Market, then here com my Daddy's younger Sister( Aunt) with a vehicle. She forced I and my elder Sister to the vehicle and moved is straight to my Daddy's village in Ondo State. We cried, cried ,
and cried but our tears couldn't saved us.

Finally we landed in a village where there is no light, no hospitals, no good schools, in the hand of strange people we don't know.

Remember I said we were moved when I was 4years. Now at 5years in the village, daddy never visited, mummy never visited, so I had to start tapping Palmwine just to raise money to start my Primary school in the village. After a year or so, I was able to get some money to pay for my Primary school. I decided that I can't continue with this Palmwine tapping at this year, so I work hard and raise some money to start selling bottles of kerosene to sponsor myself from Primary to Secondary school.

When I was in JSS3 , my Elder Sister got pregnant for a guy out of frustration and betrayal from the path of our Parents who abandoned us for years. Our Uncle in the village who never care about us , informed my daddy that his daughter is pregnant for a guy ooh, then my daddy said the guy must marry her . Finally the guy agreed, then my daddy who never visited us for over 15years came down to the village because of the money he will collect.

After marriage rites, I was taken to Lagos by my elder brother.

Note: my Mummy whom I never see for over 15years knicked me out of the house after spending just 1week with her in the house. Her complain was that I believe like a bush boy.

My elder Sister is still married to the guy in the village and she can't even express herself in English, and this is a lady that was born here in Lagos.

Tell me how I will forgive them after going through hell because of selfish Parents.

My mummy died 4years ago but I didn't even know where her grave is because we were never in good terms and till tomorrow, I will not forgive her not even my daddy.

Reading through your story, I can only imagine how a life trajectory that would have been full of good memories just went south.
I can't even imagine the details you can't even share from the challenges you and your sis have had to face even from relatives.

I have to commend you for making it through thus far.
You're certainly a fighter and you have surpassed your dad already as a better man.

There is just one thing I would crave your indulgence, please find a way of making peace with your parents- your dead-beat dad and your late mom.

Truth is, they were not mature before they got married. They didn't know what marriage is. And they made you their children suffer for their ignorance and unpreparedness.

It hurts to use these words for your parents because no matter how bad they are they're still your parents. But I have to call it the way it is. And for that I sincerely apologise.

Please hold on to God to learn of His Love and Forgiveness. When you realise our own sins were worse than our parents could ever have committed yet God forgave us, you will also forgive them and learn to forgive others for their weaknesses too.

I pray you continue to make a better man, husband, father and leader to your household and beyond.
God bless you real good brother.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Pootle: 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2023
this life hard...we all have story to tell sad
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Gattuzo05: 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2023
Easier said than done.....do you think it's easy? It's because the OP told his story that's why you know . I'm 40 years old and still looking to see my mum so that I can kill her.....read it again, KILL.
It will give me joy to kill her than hear that she died of natural causes. Some topics are worth taking to the grave with you than opening your mouth to say it out. Those of you from a loving home don't know what God has done for you. You see that word that say "you should forgive" na for mouth oo....make I no jam my mama ni.

Wodu89:
You are holding on to grudge that's how many years old now please ? You have two children plus youre now an adult. Meaning up to 20-25 years old situation?

Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by twilliamx(m): 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

I was 4years while my elder Sister was 6years when my daddy and my Mummy had a serious misunderstanding, so few weeks later, my daddy was transferred to Kaduna from Lagos being a Solder ( who knows I he was the on that requested for that).

On one fateful day, my Mummy went to the market to buy some stuffs in the Market, then here com my Daddy's younger Sister( Aunt) with a vehicle. She forced I and my elder Sister to the vehicle and moved is straight to my Daddy's village in Ondo State. We cried, cried ,

Finally we landed in a village where there is no light, no hospitals, no good schools, in the hand of strange people we don't know.

Remember I said we were moved when I was 4years. Now at 5years in the village, daddy never visited, mummy never visited, so I had to start tapping Palmwine just to raise money to start my Primary school in the village. After a year or so, I was able to get some money to pay for my Primary school. I decided that I can't continue with this Palmwine tapping at this year, so I work hard and raise some money to start selling bottles of kerosene to sponsor myself from Primary to Secondary school.

When I was in JSS3 , my Elder Sister got pregnant for a guy out of frustration and betrayal from the path of our Parents who abandoned us for years. Our Uncle in the village who never care about us , informed my daddy that his daughter is pregnant for a guy ooh, then my daddy said the guy must marry her . Finally the guy agreed, then my daddy who never visited us for over 15years came down to the village because of the money he will collect.

Note: my Mummy whom I never see for over 15years knicked me out of the house after spending just 1week with her in the house. Her complain was that I believe like a bush boy.

My elder Sister is still married to the guy in the village and she can't even express herself in English, and this is a lady that was born here in Lagos.

Tell me how I will forgive them after going through hell because of selfish Parents.

My mummy died 4years ago but I didn't even know where her grave is because we were never in good terms and till tomorrow, I will not forgive her not even my daddy.

Unforgjveness works against you more than the person you hold in your heart. Forgiveness is a release for you and not them. Please forgive and watch how things will turn around for you. Holding a grudge is cancerous
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by shantti(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2023
Wodu89:

I went thru atleast three.to five times.more hell. God doesn't.tolerate any form.of.unforgiveness.

There is a way to talk to someone who is hurt
Didn't u see how people are advising him reasonably, u came and started insulting him.
Why r u religious folks harsh?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by phemmyfour: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

You better forgive yourself. Your unforgiveness is of no use to the dead.
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by BiggerM: 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2023
pikechukwu6:

After marriage rites, I was taken to Lagos by my elder brother. Who come be your elder brother... This story no clear! sad sad

Probably one of her uncle I guess.
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by ipobarecriminals: 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2023
sad keep wasting ur time,u hear.Dem don go .FREE yourself
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by HoneySwag(f): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
I don't need to read your story before I come to a conclusion that you have a problem with yourself. You're not the first person coming from a damaged home, they're a lot of people out there and they are moving on.
Thank God your parents are not alive for you to make their lives miserable. You're only causing more damage to yourself, the earlier you forgive them and move on with your life the better for you.
Mistake has been made, why don't you help your future kids by correcting that. You think if they had they wouldn't have invested in their children's lives?
All fingers are not equal, not everyone has the knowledge on what next to do if the option they completely depended upon failed them. Forgive and move on
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Grays767(f): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2023
U r strong bro...u r really strong. I thank God for u.
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by SaLongs1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2023
Samantha124:
But you should be angry with your aunt, she's the one who forcefully took the two of you away from your mother for no reason and you don't know the reasons why your mother never bothered to visit you guys... What if your aunt threatened her?

And what do you mean your sister got pregnant as a result of frustrations? Are you saying your sister decided to add more frustrations into her life by getting pregnant just because she was frustrated with your parents?
So you think his his aunt will just take them to the village without the parents say so? Reading further didn't you still get how the mum still found an excuse to kick him out again on the excuse of him being a bush boy?

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Emmanuel909090: 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2023
What pride cannot do does not exist.
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by peretei2024(m): 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2023
VinnyBaba:

OP,

Ur story is NOT well constructed.😒

Starting Tapping wine @Age 5 or 6 and selling it to make money. embarassed undecided

Hope no be LIES you dey blow for here? 😏😕

God have mercy on you

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2023
Omor this story breaks me. Well life goes on

1 Like

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Gratefullheart: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
Samantha124:
But you should be angry with your aunt, she's the one who forcefully took the two of you away from your mother for no reason and you don't know the reasons why your mother never bothered to visit you guys... What if your aunt threatened her?

And what do you mean your sister got pregnant as a result of frustrations? Are you saying your sister decided to add more frustrations into her life by getting pregnant just because she was frustrated with your parents?
you are actually not normal

1 Like

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by QueenDima47(f): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
Wow 😳😳

My brother forgive your parents. God will help and bless you more. Keep striving to be a better person and please help your sister. Make her your priority.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by UnfairLife7(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
Negroic9:

Well get a religion and a way of life
So that you can appreciate the fact that they brought you into this life
Else you will be worse than them in the near future
look at you, you think parents did their children favour by giving birth to them? Did he asked to be birth? A decision both adult chose to carry out and resulted in pregnancy is what you are saying he should be grateful they gave birth to him. Very wrong statement.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by OBTOREPA(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
If you want to be healed forgive 🙏, but if you don't need healing don't.
Moreover, accept Jesus Christ into your life as your Lord and personal service, there you will experience the inner peace and Joy.
God bless you as you obey this counsel.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Wodu89: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
peretei2024:

God have mercy on you

You have a right to be traumatized. Sorry about earlier. Find healing and after healing, wholeness. wink
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by LEGALSER: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Forgive no one. Remain wicked. That’s the goal.
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by ipobarecriminals: 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
sad no matter the level of provocation, past suffering, pls,free yourself from the past..U survived/still alive,working, living with urbown wife/family now is a grace.You won't write all this if the same mama u are threateningto KILL don kill at 🚼 nkoh? God don bless u,FREE her
Gattuzo05:
Easier said than done.....do you think it's easy? It's because the OP told his story that's why you know . I'm 40 years old and still looking to see my mum so that I can kill her.....read it again, KILL.
It will give me joy to kill her than hear that she died of natural causes. Some topics are worth taking to the grave with you than opening your mouth to say it out. Those of you from a loving home don't know what God has done for you. You see that word that say "you should forgive" na for mouth oo....make I no jam my mama ni.

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Frezhkid10(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
Samantha124:

Probably the guy offered food for sex and she wanted to just do it once..but lead to pregnancy

1 Like

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
But the op didn't say anything about the parents giving their aunt the permission to take them to the village... He said his aunt took them while their mother was still at the market... Because if she really did gave the aunt the permission to take them, she would've prepared them and she could've been there to say her good-byes.

My guess is that the reason why his mother kicked him out could be that he became rebellious upon moving in with her because of the anger he's been nursing all those years... So far he hasn't given us the reason why the mother never bothered to visit and I'm sure he never even asked her, he just went to her full of hatred and didn't bother asking relevant questions until she died.

And from the look of things, it seems like the aunt conspired with his father to forcefully take the children from their mother as punishment for whatever matrimonial issues the parents might've been having back then, not realizing that they were only punishing the children and in the end, they suffered the consequences of their parents' matrimonial problems.

That's why as parents, you should never use the children to fight your battles at home.

SaLongs1:
So you think his his aunt will just take them to the village without the parents say so? Reading further didn't you still get how the mum still found an excuse to kick him out again on the excuse of him being a bush boy?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by bigtt76(f): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2023
Forgive or not, your mum is gone, your daddy is old now. What you make out of yourself now is left to you. My advise is try to upskill and prepare for your future ahead. Lastly, try and help your elder sister to get a good education ...its never too late to learn. Help her!!!

peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Shantyken(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

If u like u forgive them but na u go feel the pains pass them for not forgiving and move on with ur life
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by TheSuperX(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
For now you have to forget about your past and think about the future, it's good you completed your studies and now have a family. endeavor you don't let your kids go through what you and your siblings went through by your irresponsible parents.
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Badgers14: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
peretei2024:

I thank God, today am a graduate, married with 2 kids without their 1kobo contributed.

How about your sister?

How is she doing?
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Mendy101: 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2023
Nice2023:
Even me,I can't forgive such a stupid mother.

It is even irresponsible of ur dad to be far away from u.

U must be unfortunate to have such a wicked parents,there is simply no witchcraft that is greater than this honestly.

Pls,be consoled and be kind to ur children. U are a typical example of what it means to survive this world. You know the mother might not know the location of the children right?

Don't argue with that fool up there anymore...his own would have been worse off if he were u.

It is easy for them to appear good online but devil in their closets.
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by DMechyy: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

How old are you... Omo mummy
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by bellosulaiman(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2023
Wallahi! This is the path Allah laid for you, Irrespective of what could have happened. You could have been a spoilt brat had it mean you grew up with your parents. ‘M sorry to say this cos you don’t have the right to judge others. You mentioned you are now a graduate, congratulations man! Some people’s stories are far worse than yours and still they give glory to God. Be grateful! Don’t let it weigh you down. It’s a test from Allah so you can be grateful. Forgive others so God can forgive you. Let it go man
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
Okay.. smiley smiley smiley
Gratefullheart:
you are actually not normal
Re: I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy by banku: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
Op, you are right to be angry but please channel your anger as motivation to be better parent and person.

I think people take forgiveness lightly. Forgive those who corrected their meanness. Even God has not forgiven the Devil otherwise, Devil would go back to being an angel.

In this case, the parents are dead. There is a difference between forgiveness which only God can do and forget. In order to move on, you must forget but learn from those who offended you.

Give them another opportunity, you are dead! People do not know the difference between forgive and forget.

Op, try and forget the dead and the past to avoid their burden on you. Learn from it to guide you in your future endeavors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It's Stupidity To Divorce Your Wife Because She Cheats On You - Nigerian Lady / Wife Drags Husband To Court For Calling Her ”prostitute” / Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.